PDA

View Full Version : Where is the Respect?

TheSanityAnnex
09-24-2006, 12:52 PM
All I hear about on Sportscenter is the Bears this, the Ravens that. What about the Chargers? No respect at all. Second ranked defense and have outscored opponents 67-7. Biggest point differential in the league and still no respect. They also held their opponents scoreless through their first seven quarters, a feat that hasn't been done for thirty years. Sure the Chargers have played two weak teams (Raiders/Titans), yet so have the Bears(Packers/Lions) and Ravens(Raiders/Bucs). Yet the Bears and Ravens are trumped as the best. I'm sick of it. Thankfully the Chargers face the Ravens in week 4 and will have the opportunity to garner some respect.

By the way.....................bye weeks suck.

dirk4mvp
09-24-2006, 01:00 PM

It's not so bad.

I got $10 on the Dolphins and $10 on the Colts with 2 different people. Finna get this paper. :tu

stretch
09-24-2006, 01:01 PM
because the chargers have played 2 completely shitty opponents. next week will be a good test. if they can beat the Ravens, they will start to get more respect.

TheSanityAnnex
09-24-2006, 01:13 PM
And the Ravens and Bears have played quality opponents?:lol

San Diego gets no love period.

Hoffman ties the all time save record, yet the opening story is Barry F'n Bonds. The Padres take a 1.5 game lead and have the second best record in the NL, yet the headlines are Dodgers slip and Phillies take wild card lead. WTF? I'm sick of the media bias.

BeerIsGood!
09-24-2006, 01:17 PM
All I hear about on Sportscenter is the Bears this, the Ravens that. What about the Chargers? No respect at all. Second ranked defense and have outscored opponents 67-7. Biggest point differential in the league and still no respect. They also held their opponents scoreless through their first seven quarters, a feat that hasn't been done for thirty years. Sure the Chargers have played two weak teams (Raiders/Titans), yet so have the Bears(Packers/Lions) and Ravens(Raiders/Bucs). Yet the Bears and Ravens are trumped as the best. I'm sick of it. Thankfully the Chargers face the Ravens in week 4 and will have the opportunity to garner some respect.

That first part of the sentence is your problem. Don't listen to Sportscenter. Those are the same idiots who spent a month and a half talking about how USC was the greatest team of all time... until they got Vinced.

TheSanityAnnex
09-24-2006, 01:23 PM
That first part of the sentence is your problem. Don't listen to Sportscenter. Those are the same idiots who spent a month and a half talking about how USC was the greatest team of all time... until they got Vinced.Yes, I realize that. But I must watch something. ESPN eats crow daily.

BeerIsGood!
09-24-2006, 01:29 PM
Yes, I realize that. But I must watch something. ESPN eats crow daily.
I hate bye weeks too. Instead of watching the Cowboys today I have a choice between Pitt - Cincy, or the low scoring Bears - Vikes. Neither game is quite as exciting as I was hoping - yet...

Go Seahawks!!

dirk4mvp
09-24-2006, 02:40 PM
Yes, I realize that. But I must watch something. ESPN eats crow daily.

You dislike anything mainstream.

BeerIsGood!
09-24-2006, 02:50 PM
Well SanityAnnex - the Bears look like they're about to get bukkaked (to use a LMB term). Maybe SC won't be on Grossmans jock as much after this one...

BeerIsGood!
09-24-2006, 03:09 PM
Well SanityAnnex - the Bears look like they're about to get bukkaked (to use a LMB term). Maybe SC won't be on Grossmans jock as much after this one...

Oops... looks like I may have prematurely ejaculated... :lol

TheSanityAnnex
09-24-2006, 03:27 PM
:lol

I was hoping they would choke away that game as well. We then would have heard ESPN claim that the Vikings will win the superbowl.

NBA Junkie
09-24-2006, 03:36 PM
We then would have heard ESPN claim that the Vikings will win the superbowl.

This is the Vikings you're talking about. The Chicago Cubs of the NFL.

I wouldn't worry about the lack of respect just yet. If the Chargers continue to win, ESPN will have to take notice at some point, especially if they can beat their biggest rival at this time, the Broncos.

Condemned 2 HelLA
09-24-2006, 03:39 PM
That's the thing, though: the Chargers need to beat a quality opponent in order to earn the respect that they want.
Beat the Broncos, Steelers, Bengals and Ravens and then they will get all the respect in the world.

TheSanityAnnex
09-24-2006, 03:44 PM
That's the thing, though: the Chargers need to beat a quality opponent in order to earn the respect that they want.
Beat the Broncos, Steelers, Bengals and Ravens and then they will get all the respect in the world.I get what you are saying and I know the first two games have been against weak opponents. But who have the Ravens or Bears beat so far? Why so much press for them? The Chargers dominated the Raiders and shut them out while the Ravens had trouble scoring a touchdown against them. Yet the Ravens are touted as the better team? Next Sunday couldn't come sooner.

BeerIsGood!
09-24-2006, 03:48 PM
The league is still in love with Ray Lewis and the Ravens for what they did 6 1/2 years ago. They automatically assume that McNair makes them a contender.

Wow, the Giants are getting smoked early. 5 yards away from 21-0

Condemned 2 HelLA
09-24-2006, 04:04 PM
I get what you are saying and I know the first two games have been against weak opponents. But who have the Ravens or Bears beat so far? Why so much press for them? The Chargers dominated the Raiders and shut them out while the Ravens had trouble scoring a touchdown against them. Yet the Ravens are touted as the better team? Next Sunday couldn't come sooner.

This is true.
The Bears and Ravens have gotten fat on sub-par opponents as well. I haven't been sold on their victories as well, either.
Trust me: I want to see the Chargers get the respect that they deserve. Their defense has looked absolutely amazing, no doubt about it. But the fact still remains that until they beat a team that is considered a contender, they won't get the recognition. That's not to say that they don't deserve it; it's just that we all know that all the alleged "experts" aren't going to give them their just due.
Now as a long-time Jag fan, it seemed like all week the media honks were just about ready to hand Jacksonville the AFC Championship. After this loss the the Colts, let's just see how quick they change their minds.

Melmart1
09-24-2006, 04:10 PM
If the Chargers played ball roughly 120 miles to the North, ESPN would be all over them.

Billy Cobham
09-24-2006, 05:01 PM
The Chargers get more pub than the Seahawks. Seattle should be getting more respect.

NBA Junkie
09-24-2006, 05:05 PM
Ravens won't be getting anymore love if they keep stinking it up in Cleveland.

14-3 Brownies in the 3rd, baby!

TheSanityAnnex
09-24-2006, 05:54 PM
Ravens won't be getting anymore love if they keep stinking it up in Cleveland.

14-3 Brownies in the 3rd, baby!
They'll be toast week 4 if they lose week 3 to a division rival.

TheSanityAnnex
09-24-2006, 05:56 PM
The Chargers get more pub than the Seahawks. Seattle should be getting more respect.
You guys do get shafted as well. I haven't heard any mention of the Hawks. I haven't heard much about Indy this year either.<<<that I can deal with.

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-24-2006, 06:22 PM
TSA,

I have to choose between the Chargers and Ravens defense for next week. I'm leaning to SD since they can actually move the ball and place the Ravens in more pressure situations that the Charges can capitalize on.

TheSanityAnnex
09-24-2006, 06:25 PM
TSA,

I have to choose between the Chargers and Ravens defense for next week. I'm leaning to SD since they can actually move the ball and place the Ravens in more pressure situations that the Charges can capitalize on.
Seems like a wise move. The Ravens offense has looked out of sync. And J.Lewis will be shut down on the ground.

dirk4mvp
09-24-2006, 06:37 PM
Colts had a pretty good day at the office. :tu

ducks
09-24-2006, 06:54 PM
colts got lucky another game they should have lost

ducks
09-24-2006, 06:54 PM
quarterback did not even complete half his passes

and had to get a punt return back to win the game

dirk4mvp
09-24-2006, 06:56 PM
OK. What's your point?

TheSanityAnnex
09-24-2006, 08:36 PM
The Colts are not to be feared.

TheSanityAnnex
09-24-2006, 08:42 PM
And the Ravens offense fucking sucks. The Chargers could have a blowout for the third game straight.

Chargers 28 Ravens 10

Emily Rose
09-24-2006, 08:59 PM
The colts are soft bitches who fold up against physical defenses in the Playoffs! Until they prove they can be physical back they arent shit

dirk4mvp
09-24-2006, 09:30 PM
The Colts are not to be feared.

:wtf And the Chargers are?!

Last I checked the Colts just beat one of the top defensive teams in the NFL.

TheSanityAnnex
09-25-2006, 01:06 PM

Last I checked the Chargers took the Colts measly streak and flushed it downt he drain.

johnsmith
09-25-2006, 01:48 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHA, the Colts. They are like a whole organization of Dan Marino's..........can't quite win the big one.

They are the Sergio Garcia of the NFL, real flashy, gets the job done, but never wins the big one.

johnsmith
09-25-2006, 01:49 PM
Really I could go on and on with the metaphor's regarding the Colts.

TheSanityAnnex
09-25-2006, 02:06 PM
Please, continue on john.

ducks
09-25-2006, 02:23 PM
colts could easily be 0-3
against giants refs handed it to the colts
yesterday it took a rushing td by manny (first one in 4 years) to win the game plus a speacial team touchdown(which their special teams have done nothing all year) to win

johnsmith
09-25-2006, 02:25 PM
colts could easily be 0-3
against giants refs handed it to the colts
yesterday it took a rushing td by manny (first one in 4 years) to win the game plus a speacial team touchdown(which their special teams have done nothing all year) to win

Agreed. Did you see PM running. That dude is the slower then hell. He looked just like his mentor, Dan Marino.

BeerIsGood!
09-25-2006, 02:46 PM
The Colts Will Be In The SUPERBOWL!! Count On It!!

(I say for the third straight year...)

TheSanityAnnex
09-25-2006, 02:57 PM
I would love to see either a Colts/Chargers or a Broncos/Chargers deep in the playoffs.

dirk4mvp
09-25-2006, 05:39 PM
Agreed. Did you see PM running. That dude is the slower then hell. He looked just like his mentor, Dan Marino.

It must have slipped everyone's mind that QB's are supposed to be hot fire when they run. saying something like you did, I wouldn't be surprised at all if you were a Falcon's fan.

BeerIsGood!
09-25-2006, 05:51 PM
It must have slipped everyone's mind that QB's are supposed to be hot fire when they run. saying something like you did, I wouldn't be surprised at all if you were a Falcon's fan.
He's supposed to be as fast as our great mobile QB here in Dallas - "Lightning" Drew Bledsoe. That Mofo's blazin'

ShoogarBear
09-25-2006, 06:01 PM
Isn't Marty still the coach?

dirk4mvp
09-25-2006, 06:59 PM
He's supposed to be as fast as our great mobile QB here in Dallas - "Lightning" Drew Bledsoe. That Mofo's blazin'

:lol

johnsmith
09-26-2006, 07:04 AM

Nope, I'm a Broncos fan. What's wrong with pointing out how slow a quarterback is?
How about this, fuck you ya jackass. Is there anything wrong with that?

dirk4mvp
09-26-2006, 05:03 PM
Nope, I'm a Broncos fan. What's wrong with pointing out how slow a quarterback is?
How about this, fuck you ya jackass. Is there anything wrong with that?

No, but that was a pretty lame try of an insult. I wish I was Rick James so I could give you 4 thumbs down. :td

johnsmith
09-26-2006, 05:06 PM
No, but that was a pretty lame try of an insult. I wish I was Rick James so I could give you 4 thumbs down. :td

There really wasn't an attempt at a comeback, I was just a little moody this morning and I felt like you calling me a Falcons fan was a really bad insult.
My bad.

Pistons < Spurs
10-01-2006, 03:03 PM
Thankfully the Chargers face the Ravens in week 4 and will have the opportunity to garner some respect.

OOPS.....

Guess you'll have to wait at least another week to see the Chargers gain some respect....

Trainwreck2100
10-01-2006, 03:12 PM
How do you get a safety, Vince Young didn't even get a safety and he played like shit.

ShoogarBear
10-01-2006, 03:14 PM
The safety was intentional. SD was punting from their own end zone, and the punter had been hurt on the previous play.