PDA

View Full Version : Frolic Room

slayermin
09-25-2006, 01:58 AM
Anyone been there before? It's not like Sky Bar or some other sheik Hollywood night spot. But it is a cool place to meet people in the film and music industry. I always meet interesting folks in there. It reminds me of bars back home in San Antonio.

I think it inspired the song by 311.

Anyway, I went in there to checkout the Sunday Night Game and started rapping to the person next to me. Would you believe it? It's the dude that designed my avatar. Or more specifically, he was one of the main people that designed the opening silhouette sequence from Bram Stoker's Dracula. I told him that I had been obsessing about that sequence lately because I thought it was fucking brilliant and I had some ideas about using the same type of silhouette techniques in one of my projects. We talked about an hour or so about the film industry and other various topics.

More and more, I am beginning to believe in a higher being because this shit was way too ironic.

As soon as I got home, I checked out his credits and he seems to be on the level.

Credits (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0068230/)

katyon6th
09-25-2006, 06:18 AM
Edit: Nevermind.

ShoogarBear
09-25-2006, 07:00 AM
That initial sequence in Dracula was very cool.

Unfortunately, the rest of the movie was crap.

What city are you in, slayermin?

CuckingFunt
09-25-2006, 08:33 AM
I haven't been back to LA in years, but I used to love the Frolic. One of those great LA landmarks that would have been abandoned and torn down long ago if it weren't for the fact that it's cool looking and turns up in a lot of movies.