PDA

View Full Version : Broncos

johnsmith
09-25-2006, 07:37 AM
What the hell was that I saw yesterday? Was that a Broncos offense slowly starting to wake up and a Javon Walker lighting up the Pat's secondary?
If this offense continues to progress a little more each week and the defense continues to play fucking outstanding football (the likes I've never seen the Broncos play), then it's going to be a tight AFC West race with the Chargers. I was so damn happy when Plummer put the ball in the right place on Walkers first touchdown catch. That was a perfect pass.

Oh, and if you read ESPN.com today, it only had to do with the Pat's playing poorly and had nothing to do with Denver playing excellent Defense.

ducks
09-25-2006, 08:52 AM
what you say is walker playing like he is capable of playing and green bay upset at walker

ducks
09-25-2006, 08:52 AM
bronco's have beaten pats 5 out of the last 6 times

katyon6th
09-25-2006, 08:58 AM
Good win for the Broncos. I was satisfied with the way they played and I'm really happy that Jake actually looked like an NFL QB last night.

ducks
09-25-2006, 09:01 AM
guess what
plummer has a better winning percentage with the coach then john elway
.733 john elway .729

johnsmith
09-25-2006, 09:55 AM
guess what
plummer has a better winning percentage with the coach then john elway
.733 john elway .729

Elway also won two superbowls.

ducks
09-25-2006, 10:49 AM
elway also choke in alot of playoff games

johnsmith
09-25-2006, 10:58 AM

Lets not say things we can't take back here ducks. Elway took three worthless teams to a superbowl all by himself. He played poorly in two of the three super bowl losses but played well in the first loss.
He then went on to win two super bowls.

So when did he choke "alot"?

johnsmith
09-25-2006, 11:08 AM

I know you aren't trying to imply that Plummer is in any way a better QB then John Elway because that would be the dumbest fucking argument ever posted on this forum.

Furthermore, no one is a better QB then Elway.........no one. I won't even argue the point, no one is better.

katyon6th
09-25-2006, 11:18 AM
johnsmith's passion for the Broncos makes me smile.

tlongII
09-25-2006, 11:40 AM
Eff the Broncos.

http://www.klewtv.com/Images/seahawks_logo.jpg

johnsmith
09-25-2006, 11:41 AM
Eff the Broncos.

http://www.klewtv.com/Images/seahawks_logo.jpg

They looked good yesterday. Plus, I love when the Giants lose.

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-25-2006, 11:42 AM
Lets not say things we can't take back here ducks.

It's not a matter of "if" he says something stupid, it's a matter of "when."

TheSanityAnnex
09-25-2006, 01:07 PM
Oh, and if you read ESPN.com today, it only had to do with the Pat's playing poorly and had nothing to do with Denver playing excellent Defense.
:lol

You are getting the type of press the Chargers get.

The Broncos looked good yesterday. Personally, I think there defense is a bit overrated, while the offense is a bit underrated.

johnsmith
09-25-2006, 01:46 PM
:lol

You are getting the type of press the Chargers get.

The Broncos looked good yesterday. Personally, I think there defense is a bit overrated, while the offense is a bit underrated.

After the Chargers roll the Ravens next week, they won't get that type of press anymore. I said at the beginning of the season that the AFC west would be a tougher division then the NFC East. I'm not so sure that will be the case anymore after watching KC and Oak, but the Chargers and Broncos will be tough for anyone to beat this season.

As for the defense being underrated, I think you'll be surprised as the season progresses. The linebackers are playing better then I've ever seen them play, Williams and Gold are fucking flying around the ball on every down. Up front though, they still have ZERO pass rush and that will cost them. The offense in Denver is always good and ALWAYS takes some time to start clicking.

In the end though, I think the Broncos will be playing for a wild card because I see the Chargers somewhere around 13-3ish this season.

TheSanityAnnex
09-25-2006, 01:50 PM
Having no pass rush will definitely hurt them this year. I was surprised at some of the moves this offseason regarding the line.

I think your final assessment is pretty accurate (wild card0, but it could be a closer division if Rivers doesn't live up to expectations.

johnsmith
09-25-2006, 01:52 PM
Having no pass rush will definitely hurt them this year. I was surprised at some of the moves this offseason regarding the line.

I think your final assessment is pretty accurate (wild card0, but it could be a closer division if Rivers doesn't live up to expectations.

He doesn't need to live up to any expectations, he can "Big Ben" his way all the way to the super bowl. The Chargers are incredible on defense, and no matter which way you spin their offense they still have LT.

tlongII
09-25-2006, 01:54 PM
He doesn't need to live up to any expectations, he can "Big Ben" his way all the way to the super bowl. The Chargers are incredible on defense, and no matter which way you spin their offense they still have LT.

The Chargers weakness is Schottenheimer.

johnsmith
09-25-2006, 01:57 PM
The Chargers weakness is Schottenheimer.

You know, I always forget about that part. Sorry Sannity, Rivers can "Big Ben" his way to the AFC championship and then Marty will for no reason whatsoever do something stupid like mis-manage the clock, or call a reverse from their own end zone and thus lose the game for the Chargers...........then Dick Vermiel will finally cry this season because he feels so bad for his old friend.

TheSanityAnnex
09-25-2006, 02:06 PM
The Chargers weakness is Schottenheimer.Not as of late. Last appearance loss in the playoffs fell on Nate Kaeding. I don't mind Shotty and I love this quote from him.
"Some people ask me about my playoff record, I shrug and say, at least I have a playoff record."

johnsmith
09-25-2006, 02:16 PM
Not as of late. Last appearance loss in the playoffs fell on Nate Kaeding. I don't mind Shotty and I love this quote from him.
"Some people ask me about my playoff record, I shrug and say, at least I have a playoff record."

I actually like Marty. I think it's because he was on the losing end of damn near every game he's coached against the Broncos. You can't hate the whipping boy.
In all seriousness though, I'm rooting against the Chargers this year until (and I hope it doesn't happen) the Broncos are out of the playoffs and the Chargers remain.

ducks
09-25-2006, 02:18 PM
elway is better then plummber
but elway is not the best quarterback ever

ducks
09-25-2006, 02:20 PM
It's not a matter of "if" he says something stupid, it's a matter of "when."

:rolleyes

johnsmith
09-25-2006, 02:21 PM
elway is better then plummber
but elway is not the best quarterback ever

I flat out refuse to debate this as it always pisses me off more then anything. Plus, I've had this debate 5 million times.....several of them on this very board.

I'll just leave it at "yes, yes he is".

ducks
09-25-2006, 02:25 PM
you have 657 post how can you have this debate several times on this board?

ducks
09-25-2006, 02:26 PM
sorry I used to live in wyoming I have seen elway play several several several games
he is not the best ever

johnsmith
09-25-2006, 02:26 PM
you have 657 post how can you have this debate several times on this board?

Hold on, let me go back and check. If I'm not mistaken, it was that very debate that got me hooked on this damn site.

johnsmith
09-25-2006, 02:27 PM
sorry I used to live in wyoming I have seen elway play several several several games
he is not the best ever

He is too.

I'm going back to check now.

johnsmith
09-25-2006, 02:27 PM
I grew up in Denver and haven't missed a Broncos game in 18 seasons..........he's the best.

johnsmith
09-25-2006, 02:29 PM
Alright, I don't feel like going back and checking. But I have indeed debated this subject on this site. Just take my word for it.

TheSanityAnnex
Elway gets his nuts jocked so much because of his few late game comebacks.

johnsmith

Stop it.

johnsmith
09-25-2006, 02:30 PM

That's 47 fourth quarter comebacks by the way.

johnsmith
09-25-2006, 02:30 PM

Now stop it..........best ever.

tlongII
09-25-2006, 02:31 PM
Montana = Best Ever
Elway = #2

johnsmith
09-25-2006, 02:34 PM
Montana = Best Ever
Elway = #2

And here is where the argument always boils down to.
Then I say, if Elway was on the 49ers, he would have been just as successful. Then you say, but he wasn't so it doesn't matter. Then I say, he took garbage teams to three super bowls. Then you say, Montana never threw an interception in a super bowl. Then I say, Elway lasted longer and had more wins then any other quarterback ever (prior to Favre recently breaking the record), then you say it's playoffs that count, then I say look at total yardage...........I can't do this argument anymore.........I'm broken.

shaggy17
09-25-2006, 05:07 PM
Montana = Best Ever
Elway = #2
:tu That i agree with.

BTW anyone who thought the Pats were going to be "badass" this year are kidding themselves. Sadly the Pats will probably win their division due to it being so damn shitty but when they run into the elite teams they wont beat them. Too many key guys they lost yet everybody kept downplaying it. They werent that good last year and they arent any better this season. Brady's only win against the Broncos came when Plummer was out with an injury an d they barley took that game. Brady is 1-5 against us!! :elephant