PDA

View Full Version : Malik Rose Ready For Battle

timvp
10-28-2004, 01:30 AM
Rose OK: X-rays taken of Malik Rose's left hand revealed he has two bone chips from a previous injury in his thumb.

Rose's hand swelled when he was hit in Tuesday's exhibition against the Dallas Mavericks in Dallas. He said the bone chips, as well as his loose thumb socket, are the result of an injury he suffered two years ago.

"It's nothing to worry about," said Rose, who played 16 minutes Wednesday. "I just didn't know why my hand swelled up so much."

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA102804.C.BKNspurs.gamer.30794f16.html

:elephant

Kori Ellis
10-28-2004, 01:32 AM
Malik had seven rebounds in 16 minutes tonight. Rasho had two in 21 minutes. So I'd say Malik is fine.

boutons
10-28-2004, 10:44 AM
Wilks had five rebounds in 20 minutes, so I'd say Wilks is a find (so far).

rl64tx
10-28-2004, 12:23 PM
I really hope Malik has a good season this year........... I know i've been a hater in the past and may still be this year, but he looks like he's in a lot better shape than in past years....... Good luck Lik :smokin

grjr
10-28-2004, 01:54 PM
So is this loose thumb socket the cause of Malik dropping so many balls or does he just have butterfingers?

boutons
10-28-2004, 02:03 PM
I'm afraid he's got butterfingers.

If he has had hand pain all these years, that could explain his not firmly catching the ball, trying subconsciously to avoid the pain.

The pass from Tony Massenburg that Malik "passed on to the nearest fans" was pretty sneaky, a pass from behind a player, blind to Malik, and a short, quite hard pass. Not easy for anybody to handle, even if your HS bball coach told you always to keep your hands up.

TwoHandJam
10-28-2004, 02:18 PM
I too hope Malik can go back to being that guy that helped us win two championships. I feel for the guy because I think the conflict between him and Pop was due to the fact that Malik wanted to grow into more than a role player. He might be able to be that player on a team other than the Spurs but as far as our team is concerned, we just need him to be the Malik of old.