PDA

View Full Version : Anybody get NBA 07 and/or NBA 2K7 yet?

flipcritic
09-26-2006, 12:27 AM
And if so, which is better?

TDMVPDPOY
09-26-2006, 12:35 AM
no, im goin to use my voucher on BF2142 instead

SAtown
09-26-2006, 10:27 AM
I've played Live 07 and have 2k7, and 2k7 is BY FAR a lot better in terms of EVERYTHING. If you like realistic stats, extremely realistic gameplay and animations, get 2k7. I mean, they got everyone's sig style shooting (even Brent Barrys) and celebrations (post shots), they even got LeBron's nail biting. It's ridiculous

SAtown
09-26-2006, 10:39 AM
Oh, and there are even sliders for every team to change their style and pace. So, if you're the Spurs in a season, and you're checking out league-wide stats, and you see that Dallas and PHX don't have that many fast break points, or that many 3s, you can set specific sliders to fix that, and for every team. There's almost way to many things in this game. It's the best sports game out there

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-26-2006, 10:46 AM
Oh, and there are even sliders for every team to change their style and pace. So, if you're the Spurs in a season, and you're checking out league-wide stats, and you see that Dallas and PHX don't have that many fast break points, or that many 3s, you can set specific sliders to fix that, and for every team. There's almost way to many things in this game. It's the best sports game out there

That sounds pretty cool, actually.

Gotta get this.

flipcritic
09-26-2006, 01:40 PM
Thanks SATown. It confirms what I've suspected. I used to play the Live series on the PC since NBA Live 95. And until last year, I had always taken it to be the best. That is of course until I came across NBA 2K6 (on the PS2), and I have never gone back to EA Sports for basketball again.

I checked out gametrailers.com for the trailers of 2K7, and indeed, the sig styles are enough reason alone to get it.

RON ARTEST
09-26-2006, 02:34 PM
:lol im on my way to the store right now to get nba live, only because they have added all of the features on xbox 360 like the ones on ps2 unlike last year, plus they have added much more stuff.

SAtown
09-26-2006, 03:58 PM
Thanks SATown. It confirms what I've suspected. I used to play the Live series on the PC since NBA Live 95. And until last year, I had always taken it to be the best. That is of course until I came across NBA 2K6 (on the PS2), and I have never gone back to EA Sports for basketball again.

I checked out gametrailers.com for the trailers of 2K7, and indeed, the sig styles are enough reason alone to get it.

Live 95... Damn, that was a great game on the sega genesis. As for 2k7, it's just so customizable that it really can't fail. If you want a dunk-fest, Live 07 might be for you, but be ready to be HIGHLY disappointed.

Medvedenko
09-26-2006, 04:36 PM
I've been a supporter of EA B-ball since Lakers vs Celtics...I loved that shit. When I bought the Dreamcast back in 2000, I also purchased the 2k ball game. I haven't looked back since. Every year they have progressed and for a stats whore I loved the games. The only gripe I had was there wasn't as much personality and "star" separation I loved in those EA games. It looks like 2k7 has bridged the gap between a total sim and NBA Jam. With all of the sliders, you can't go wrong and can tweak anything you want.

MaNu4Tres
09-26-2006, 07:42 PM
I Love nba 2k7 gameplay...but im livid that jackie butler is not on the game..and mike james is rated higher than tony parker...and tom gugliotta is rated higher than all our bench players.....another thing..they have tony massenburg and glen robinson in the game when they didn't even play last year...how do they put them in the game and not jackie butler ..im furious

DFW Spurs
09-27-2006, 07:57 AM
I bought NBA live yesterday. I don't know if it’s just the 360 version of the game, but it’s the most frustrating NBA Live game I've ever played. It doesn't feel as fluid as other NBA Live games. Doing anything feels like such a tedious task (shooting, driving to the hoop, etc). Oh and for the life of me, how the hell do you shoot a free throw in this game, there’s no free-throw meter, you have to wait till the ball is near the players head to release the shot, which is not easy… And the AI is ridiculous, I couldn't do crap because every CPU team I played used defense that was Bowen like and to add insult to injury they hit every difficult shot they took, but I couldn’t. BTW butler is in the game, but his rating sucks so much you will have him inactive... Guess I'll have to change his attributes...