PDA

View Full Version : Parker on Jim Rome Is Burning ESPN at 3:30 CDT today

Solid D
09-26-2006, 03:17 PM
For those who have the luxury of seeing it.

BeerIsGood!
09-26-2006, 03:28 PM
Thanks, I'll tune in on the slingbox

angel_luv
09-26-2006, 03:37 PM
Tony is up after the commercial break.

So far I am not a Jim Rome fan.

fred33
09-26-2006, 03:37 PM
recap please ?

johngateswhiteley
09-26-2006, 03:43 PM
recap please ?

its on right now.

BeerIsGood!
09-26-2006, 03:48 PM
Biggest question -

Rome - "How's your finger?"

TP - "It's a lot better, I can shoot the ball - started practice with my shooting coach and will be ready by training camp. Got a lot of rest and got to spend time with my family"

Good Sign

BeerIsGood!
09-26-2006, 03:50 PM
On a side note - that NBA Live '07 game on XBOX that was in the background looked amazing. I think I even saw a Ginobili flop...

angel_luv
09-26-2006, 03:55 PM
Okay...

Tony said it took about a month to get over the play off loss to Dallas- in particular game 7.
Said it will serve as motivation for this year.
Was weird being up three in the final minutes and losing- but it is basketball, that happens.

According to Tony, best play off series was against the Lakers in 2003.
It was an unbelieveable feeling for the team because they worked so hard to beat Kbe and Shaq ( throughout past series). Tony said when they won they were so happy; knew they would win the championship after that.

Tony said his finger is much better- he'll be ready for training camp.

Tony said it is a great experience for him to play with France's national team- that the great times started back when he was eighteen and they won the European championship. Now they want to pursue their Olympic goals.

Tony said it was tough leaving the national team; that there was arguing between National Team and Spurs about the decision for Tony to return to the States.
Tony said he went with the Spurs wishes since they are the ones paying him.
(That is not a direct quote... but is the gist of it.)

Tony was asked about why the U.S. is having trouble with International competition.
Tony said that the level of European play is improving. He said team chemistry is a factor.
Also it will help the team to have Chauncey and Kobe back. And he said that the U.S. players need to have a better understanding of the foreigner players ( how they play, I think.)

Tony talked about how great it is to live his dream with the Spurs.

To end the interview, Tony showed off his new NBA Live cover and talked about how he shared the cover with " his boy Boris." :)

BeerIsGood!
09-26-2006, 04:03 PM
yeah, that too... :lol

angel_luv
09-26-2006, 04:09 PM
Well if you are a guy than the difference in our summaries makes a whole bunch of sense.

:lol

ShoogarBear
09-26-2006, 04:13 PM

TP - "It's a lot better, I can shoot the ball "
"Doctor, when my fingers heal, will I be able to play the piano?"

BeerIsGood!
09-26-2006, 04:13 PM
Well if you are a guy than the difference in our summaries makes a whole bunch of sense.

Very true. I listened to see if he'll be ready for the season and if he's able to practice shooting... I think I tuned everything else out watching that video game in the background.

BeerIsGood!
09-26-2006, 04:16 PM
"Doctor, when my fingers heal, will I be able to play the piano?"
As long as he can play a requiem for the end of the Mavs playoff run next season... I'll be happy.

angel_luv
09-26-2006, 04:21 PM

hero03msu
09-26-2006, 04:41 PM
He was also on the Mike and the Mad Dog Show on the Yes Network and WFAN in NY (best in the business). It aired at this afternoon. May be able to find a link to the interview in www.wfan.com later in the day or tommorrow. Tony was very good and really impressed Mike Francesa and Chris Russo.

Phenomanul
09-26-2006, 05:45 PM
Great recap.... thanks.

ducks
09-26-2006, 06:01 PM
Biggest question -

TP - "It's a lot better, I can shoot the ball - started practice with my shooting coach and will be ready by training camp. Got a lot of rest and got to spend time with my family"

Good Sign

the three point shot :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant

DieMrBond
09-26-2006, 08:11 PM
If you guys want to see it, its on ESPN.com's NBA site (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/index) - theres a video link on the right hand side, and you can see a good portion of the interview.

He looks a bit nervous, keeps looking to his left.