PDA

View Full Version : Tony guarantees the Spurs will be in the Finals next season!

gospursgojas
09-26-2006, 11:53 PM
On "Quite Frankly"

Sorry but I thought this needed its own thread.

It shows Tony's confidence, about the Spurs next year.

THE SIXTH MAN
09-26-2006, 11:57 PM
http://www.hhweb.com/nba2005champs/ParkerTonyFinals2_small.jpg
The man does know how to get there.

NorCal510
09-26-2006, 11:59 PM
i would never guarantee anything like that

if u dont make it happen, u look like an idiot

Kori Ellis
09-27-2006, 12:02 AM
Can you take that huge ass picture out of your sig?

Mr. Body
09-27-2006, 12:09 AM
Parker is foolhardy. If they get to the Finals, it'll be more because of Manu and Duncan than anything Parker can do.

Kori: are you cracking down on overly large signatures, or just this one?

J.T.
09-27-2006, 12:11 AM
The man knows what he's talking about.

Louis
09-27-2006, 12:14 AM
Just like when Ginobili guaranteed that Argentina would win the World Championships, making him look stupid...

Not even a bronze medal...

LOL

NuGGeTs-FaN
09-27-2006, 12:15 AM
will people never learn from Sheed?

fred33
09-27-2006, 12:15 AM
tony is one of the most competitive man in the world that all

Kori Ellis
09-27-2006, 12:17 AM

Just this one for now.

J.T.
09-27-2006, 12:19 AM
Sheed actually took many guarantees to the bank before Dwyane Wade and Lebron's mystical aura of NBA holiness and biased officiating proved him wrong.

Solid D
09-27-2006, 12:25 AM

Yes, but you've proven that you can recover.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-27-2006, 12:28 AM
Parker is foolhardy. If they get to the Finals, it'll be more because of Manu and Duncan than anything Parker can do.

Sincerely,

Mr. Body
President, Roberto Javtokas Fan Club

conqueso
09-27-2006, 01:21 AM

The Spurs were one Ginobili foul away from a (likely) Finals berth, due mostly to Tim being a beast in the playoffs and Parker being the best performer on the team that won the most games in franchise history.

I don't like this shit either, like when he showed up to Game 1 against Denver in '05 wearing an '03 Championship shirt. But this is the kind of positive egotistical edge that the Spurs had with Mario Elie...someone who isn't afraid to say how good the team is, but is also willing to back it up on the court.

Now if only Tony shows up in the playoffs, the Spurs will be champs once again.

JamStone
09-27-2006, 01:23 AM
Guarantee in September? Not so smart, but at least many people outside of Spurs universe will really remember him guaranteeing it.

And, if you're going to guarantee getting back to the Finals, why not just guarantee a title?

ehz33satx
09-27-2006, 01:27 AM
Parker was the engine that drove the Spurs last year. Why would he be relegated to 3rd Spur this year? I think he will only get better. I think Micheal Finley is going to be a sweet surprise this year also. Making all kinds of sweet dunks and game winning shots. Who knows? Maybe Jackie Butler will become an inside force the likes of Amare. He is young and has alot of stength and also room for improvement. The Spurs coaches will show him the way. And Duncan and Manu will be rested and inspired for more glory and greatness, so I think TP might not be lying with his guarantee.

JamStone
09-27-2006, 01:31 AM
Parker was the engine that drove the Spurs last year. Why would he be relegated to 3rd Spur this year? I think he will only get better. I think Micheal Finley is going to be a sweet surprise this year also. Making all kinds of sweet dunks and game winning shots. Who knows? Maybe Jackie Butler will become an inside force the likes of Amare. He is young and has alot of stength and also room for improvement. The Spurs coaches will show him the way. And Duncan and Manu will be rested and inspired for more glory and greatness, so I think TP might not be lying with his guarantee.

:drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk

conqueso
09-27-2006, 01:35 AM

Jackie Butler = Amare?

:lmao

I sure hope so...but not very likely.

ehz33satx
09-27-2006, 01:38 AM
I can only wish and hope buddy.

ehz33satx
09-27-2006, 01:39 AM
he should be an improvement over Rasho.

Condemned 2 HelLA
09-27-2006, 01:47 AM
Hell, if the Spurs lost No'Sho to f/a and got nothing for him, it'd STILL fill a huge hole that the team had at center!

angel_luv
09-27-2006, 01:56 AM
To clarify: The story behind the statement:

Smith asked Tony what the Spurs were going to do this year because he ( Smith) likes guarantees.
So Tony laughed and said, " Since I am on the Stephen A Smith show, I guarantee that the Spurs will be in the NBA Finals."

It was all in fun. There was nothing pompous about it.

P.S. Fear the Sho! :king

milkyway21
09-27-2006, 02:02 AM
just like Bruce, i also want this man->Finley to play his heart out to help this team and also win his first :bling...

http://www.nba.com/media/el_082206_7.jpg

MannyIsGod
09-27-2006, 02:28 AM
Mr Body knows the Spurs like Tpark knows women, not at all.

midgetonadonkey
09-27-2006, 02:30 AM
Parker is a douche for doing so.

Kori Ellis
09-27-2006, 02:49 AM

Smith asked Tony what the Spurs were going to do this year because he ( Smith) likes guarantees.
So Tony laughed and said, " Since I am on the Stephen A Smith show, I guarantee that the Spurs will be in the NBA Finals."

Everyone should read this who didn't watch it instead of just bashing Tony for it.

NuGGeTs-FaN
09-27-2006, 03:03 AM

:smokin i wish the original poster had said that :lol But then i guess this thread would have been boring :fro

fred33
09-27-2006, 03:04 AM
i prefer an ambitious man

TDMVPDPOY
09-27-2006, 04:29 AM
tp should just stfu and concentrate on his game.....where was he last season? yeh thats right....

Kori Ellis
09-27-2006, 04:38 AM
tp should just stfu and concentrate on his game.....where was he last season? yeh thats right....

:wtf

Tony carried the team all last season.

gospursgojas
09-27-2006, 04:46 AM
The people that are bashing Tony for being arrogant, err... confident are the same people that will complain that no one on the Spurs plays with heart.

Although Tony was kinda playing around with SAS, to see and hear how confident Tony was about the Spurs this year got me excited about next season :fro

PM5K
09-27-2006, 04:49 AM
I don't care how it was said or in what context, Tony was THE most consistent Spur last year and has earned the right to say whatever he wants...

~~Ice Man 2000~~
09-27-2006, 06:52 AM
We will be in the finals tony knows...

George Gervin's Afro
09-27-2006, 07:08 AM
Don't we all feel like Tony does? I certainly feel we are going to get back to the finals.

mrose31
09-27-2006, 07:45 AM

This was sarcastic right because tony was spurs mvp last year. Made all star team and played more consistent than he ever has.

Phenomanul
09-27-2006, 10:36 AM

Well that changes everything.... thanks angel_luv

GrandeDavid
09-27-2006, 10:37 AM
I think its refreshing, nice, cool etc. that Tony is making some brash, confident statements. Go Tony! I also want Manu to verbalize his confidence in the Spurs team as he did for Argentina's team.

1Parker1
09-27-2006, 10:44 AM
That was an a good interview :) Angel recapped it very nicely. Although, I don't remember him saying he was shooting a commercial with...Kobe? What kind of commerical would the two of them be shooting for?

Oh and that was nice that he said they'd be back in the Finals. I'm guessing saying that they'd win it all on national tv would have made Pop mad :)

angel_luv
09-27-2006, 10:48 AM
That was an a good interview :) Angel recapped it very nicely. Although, I don't remember him saying he was shooting a commercial with...Kobe? What kind of commerical would the two of them be shooting for?

Oh and that was nice that he said they'd be back in the Finals. I'm guessing saying that they'd win it all on national tv would have made Pop mad :)

Tony said it when he was talking about the old Spurs/ Lakers rivalry. It was only in passing- no details.

1Parker1
09-27-2006, 10:50 AM
Man...KG to the Lakers would definitely renew the rivalry. It just doesn't feel the same against the Mavs...probably because they have yet to actually win any championships.

boutons_
09-27-2006, 10:53 AM
Getting to the Finals is a weak prediction.

Why didn't he guarantee winning the Finals?

angel_luv
09-27-2006, 10:54 AM
Man...KG to the Lakers would definitely renew the rivalry. It just doesn't feel the same against the Mavs...probably because they have yet to actually win any championships.

Even though we lost to Dallas, I still think we are the team to beat...we have two championships. Dallas didn't win against Miami"

Great minds! :) :elephant

RON ARTEST
09-27-2006, 12:01 PM
Artest was on quite frankly last week and guarenteed we would win the title so that should mae you guys feel better. :lol

polandprzem
09-27-2006, 12:17 PM
damn I missed that ass :(

-------------------------
We all know that the Finals will not make spursfans happy

Amuseddaysleeper
09-27-2006, 02:51 PM
Parker's performance against Dallas last year was horrifically overrated.

Devin Harris ate him (and the rest of the spurs team) alive

Having said that, TP is improving on a yearly basis, and did have a good regular season last year.

ducks
09-27-2006, 02:52 PM

Having said that, TP is improving on a yearly basis, and did have a good regular season last year.

so according to you harris at the hole spurs team but it is all tp's fault :madrun

nkdlunch
09-27-2006, 03:06 PM
Just like when Ginobili guaranteed that Argentina would win the World Championships, making him look stupid...

LOL

show me a link where Manu guaranteed that...

thought so. I hate guarantees by anyone but Tony seems to be joking about that guarantee.

ducks
09-27-2006, 03:08 PM
show me a link where Manu guaranteed that...

thought so. I hate guarantees by anyone but Tony seems to be joking about that guarantee.

P.S. Fear the Sho!

Cherry
09-27-2006, 03:09 PM

LOL

Bad traslation spanish/english. He never say that. :rolleyes

Emily Rose
09-27-2006, 03:12 PM

:rolleyes :rolleyes Wanna trade Parker for Harris then??

MosesGuthrie
09-27-2006, 03:13 PM
Hell yes....way to go TP! :tu

fred33
09-27-2006, 03:18 PM
tp was injured

1Parker1
09-27-2006, 03:26 PM
P.S. Fear the Sho!

:wtf Angel_luv...is that you? :lol

angel_luv
09-27-2006, 04:04 PM
:wtf Angel_luv...is that you? :lol

Yea it is. Ducks quoted me without using the quotes feature. :lol

veronicamae
09-27-2006, 04:30 PM
Just like the Kings wouldn't go out in the first round.

Just like the Pistons would win in 2005.

When will these players learn to shut up and stop jinxing themselves!

Louie Vega
09-27-2006, 06:46 PM

He would look like an idiot if he didn't have any rings to begin with.

Louie Vega
09-27-2006, 06:47 PM

Spurologist
09-27-2006, 07:09 PM
when was this episode?

cbinge
09-27-2006, 07:28 PM
Is this the first year of his big contract? since he is the $10m dollar man now, he can say what he wants. I like confidence, hopefully he'll 100%/healthy throughout the playoffs-earn his bucks.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-27-2006, 07:32 PM
Mr Body knows the Spurs like Tpark knows women, not at all.

Nice, that's sig-worthy Manny.

RC's Boss
09-27-2006, 07:44 PM

No Devin Harris did not! :madrun Devin Harris ate SMALL BALL!
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/devin_harris/index.html................................ http://www.nba.com/playerfile/tony_parker/index.html Make comments based on facts please.

angel_luv
09-27-2006, 09:38 PM
when was this episode?

Yesterday night.

Leetonidas
09-27-2006, 09:56 PM

What?? If anything, TP's performance was far underrated. He was badly injured and still averaged 20 points a game. Harris didn't "eat" him, he owned are interior defense.

THE SIXTH MAN
09-27-2006, 11:38 PM
To much is being made of this interview. I've seen Quite Frankly a couple of times with other NBA players as guest. And almost every player makes some sort of guarantee, nothing new there. Besides there's nothing wrong with our floor general showing confidence. Its always good to have some sort of swag.

SKINNYPIMP210
09-28-2006, 12:50 AM
NICELY DONE!

No Devin Harris did not! :madrun Devin Harris ate SMALL BALL!
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/devin_harris/index.html................................ http://www.nba.com/playerfile/tony_parker/index.html Make comments based on facts please.

Obstructed_View
09-28-2006, 05:09 AM

Parker was injured, averaged 20 points per game, and you expect him to have been blocking shots, too?

theroc5
09-28-2006, 09:35 AM
Im so pumped for this season..i want our Title BACK!! It belongs to SA!! Parker you speak the truth...i want them to Remember the ALAMO!!!

Spurologist
09-28-2006, 02:32 PM
Yesterday night.

thanks.

I wonder if they will replay or show the video on the internets.

LilMissSPURfect
09-28-2006, 03:00 PM
" Tony guarantees the Spurs will be in the Finals next season! "

me too!

Nego
09-29-2006, 11:10 AM
Its not always good to make guarantees...but nothing wrong with being confident..

Spurs Dynasty 21
09-29-2006, 04:59 PM
Good, now he knows what the Spurs have to do and took it on himself to make sure it happens

I like the confidence

howbouthemspurs
10-29-2006, 09:57 PM
I guarantee tony parker will not only take the spurs to the finals, he will also be the MVP in it too!

SpursWillOwn
10-30-2006, 09:38 AM
fuck you digger