PDA

View Full Version : I'm Votin For Kinky...Who's With Me!?!?

MrChug
09-27-2006, 12:34 AM
Fuck these stiff animatronic political robotic scripted trust-fund baby helmet haired (yes, I'm talking about Rylander too) self-righteous mother fuckers. I'd like someone with a REAL set of balls in office, not some money-grubbin camera-lovin fucknecks that want to run this great state of ours. (TRUST ME) this comes from a staunch conservative republican. Dicklicker Perry can go straight back to the country club and suck the Armor-All off the tires of his golf cart!! VOTE!!! You only have till October 8th to make sure you're registered to vote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

midgetonadonkey
09-27-2006, 01:11 AM
What the fuck does it matter who anyone votes for? I'm writing my own name in as I do with every single election.

T-Pain
09-27-2006, 01:16 AM
im feelin a little kinky

MrChug
09-27-2006, 01:18 AM
What the fuck does it matter who anyone votes for? I'm writing my own name in as I do with every single election.

THAT'S MY BOY!!!!

midgetonadonkey
09-27-2006, 02:24 AM
THAT'S MY BOY!!!!

Please don't ever refer to me as your boy again.

midgetonadonkey
09-27-2006, 02:26 AM
Please don't ever refer to me as your boy again.

Wait, Christ Mullen in your avatar? Alright, we'll stick together like zippers on a Michael Jackson Beat It jacket.

Ozzman
09-27-2006, 08:01 AM
I like kinky. he's a rotten, dirty scoundrel, but OPEN about it. the others are dirty rotten scoundrels, too, but they're hiding it.

and he's a jew...lol

Yonivore
09-28-2006, 03:30 PM
Fuck these stiff animatronic political robotic scripted trust-fund baby helmet haired (yes, I'm talking about Strayhorn too) self-righteous mother fuckers. I'd like someone with a REAL set of balls in office, not some money-grubbin camera-lovin fucknecks that want to run this great state of ours. (TRUST ME) this comes from a staunch conservative republican. Dicklicker Perry can go straight back to the country club and suck the Armor-All off the tires of his golf cart!! VOTE!!! You only have till October 8th to make sure you're registered to vote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you realize how much -- minus the curse words of course -- this post sounds exactly like something Carole Keeton Rylander would say in one of her commercials?

I WANT MY GOVERNOR TO BE KINKY!

MrChug
09-29-2006, 12:01 AM
Wait, Christ Mullen in your avatar? Alright, we'll stick together like zippers on a Michael Jackson Beat It jacket.

Wait, he's such a god of mine..I'm the only one who calls him Christ, wait honey is that you??? You were supposed to keep that a secret!!!!!!!!! :madrun

boutons_
10-02-2006, 06:15 PM
BBC NEWS

Kinky candidacy stirs up Texas race

The BBC's James Coomarasamy travels to Texas to meet one of the most colourful candidates standing in the US mid-term elections.

He has a political slogan for just about everything; from his unlikely candidacy for governor of Texas ("why the hell not?") to his ever-present Cuban cigar ("I'm not helping the Cuban economy, I'm burning their fields").

These are slogans which are immortalised in his talking Kinky Friedman action doll.

You may get the impression that the Jewish country singer turned detective novelist - whose main protagonist also goes by the name of "Kinky Friedman" - is causing a bit of a political stir in the lone star state.

"Musicians can run this state better than politicians," he told me. "Hell - so could beauticians."

'Begging for truth'

His independent run for the job once held by President Bush is certainly unconventional - and, increasingly, controversial.

I've written songs like 'They ain't making Jews like Jesus any more', so I bring a little entertainment value into politics

He has faced recent criticism for referring to Hurricane Katrina evacuees as "crack heads and thugs", but his message of cracking down on the crime wave, which seems to have followed them from New Orleans to Houston, is a popular one.

So is his plan to send 10,000 troops to the US-Mexican border, to deal with the problem of illegal immigration.

At a recent fundraising concert in the state capital, Austin, the would-be governor wandered through the crowd, in his distinctive black cowboy hat and black shirt, basking in the applause and speaking of his pride at being politically incorrect.

"I'm not afraid to offend people," he says.

"I've written songs like 'They ain't making Jews like Jesus any more', so I bring a little entertainment value into politics, as well as the truth, and the people are begging for the truth."

Grandma's challenge

If his campaign looks in any way familiar, that's because it is modelled on that of the former professional wrestler, Jesse Ventura, who captured the governor's seat in Minnesota eight years ago.

Kinky has been endorsed by Ventura himself, and the pair have been on a joint college speaking tour.

Kinky (real name Richard - the "kinky", apparently, refers to his wavy hair) is not the only independent candidate for the job.

He is joined by the former mayor of Austin, Carole Keeton Strayhorn, who has tried to match Kinky in the nickname stakes by calling herself "one tough grandma".

In fact, she tried, unsuccessfully, to have the "grandma" put on the ballot papers.

She is usually a Republican, with a message of being tough on crime - especially on sex offenders.

But she has decided to challenge the Republican incumbent, Rick Perry, with the help of her four sons; one of whom, Scott McClellan (or - as his mother refers to him, "baby boy Scott") was - until earlier this year - White House spokesman.

An almighty wind up?

What chance do these candidates have?

Well, Texas is, these days, a largely Republican state and, once you travel to the more conservative suburbs of Austin, you quickly find that governor Perry remains the most likely winner.

Yet - even among those who have made up their minds to vote for Rick Perry, you find support for the Kinky concept, if not the Kinky candidacy.

"I'm eccentric and I believe that somebody different is where it's at, you know," one woman told me.

"I don't know that we can do any worse right now," said another Texan voter.

"We've got experience now and it hasn't got us too far, so maybe we need a change to shake it up a little bit."

With its overt theatricality, there is, of course, the suspicion that the Kinky Friedman campaign is one almighty wind-up, an elaborate marketing exercise by an author who is having his every move video-taped for a documentary.

But the people of Texas, it seems, don't really mind.

Story from BBC NEWS:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/americas/5393522.stm

Published: 2006/10/02 12:19:50 GMT

© BBC MMVI

JoeChalupa
10-03-2006, 12:55 PM
Perry has this in the bag.

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-03-2006, 01:31 PM
I'm voting for Kinky. He has some good ideas. I know Perry's going to win, and it chaps my ass to no end. If I have to see another one his "education is my first priority" bullshit ads I'm going to throw a brick at my TV.

ATX Spur
10-03-2006, 03:07 PM
Pony up the dinero for education, Perry! Porfa!

Ocotillo
10-03-2006, 05:40 PM
I'm passing on Kinky. Too right wing for me.

Yonivore
10-03-2006, 05:56 PM
Perry has this in the bag.
Yep.