PDA

View Full Version : Terrel Owens: Suicide Attempt

conversekid
09-27-2006, 09:08 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15021827/

Cowboys' Owens attempted suicide, police say
Controversial star admitted overdosing on pain pills to rescue workers

Matt Slocum / AP
Flamboyant Dallas Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens attempted suicide by overdosing on pain medication, even putting two more pills into his mouth after fire rescue personnel arrived.
View related photos

Updated: less than 1 minute ago
DALLAS - Flamboyant Dallas Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens tried to kill himself by overdosing on pain medication, even putting two more pills into his mouth after a friend intervened.

A Dallas police report released Wednesday morning said Owens told his friend “that he was depressed.” Details of the report were first released by WFAA-TV.

The friend, who is not identified in the report, “noticed that (his) prescription pain medication was empty and observed (Owens) putting two pills in his mouth,” the police report said.

PM5K
09-27-2006, 09:09 AM
Man the Spurs should have never signed this guy.....

missmyzte
09-27-2006, 09:20 AM
That's just awful, thoughts and prayers to him

ducks
09-27-2006, 09:20 AM
Dallas police officials said they were planning a news conference later Wednesday, did not immediately release a time. A hospital spokeswoman said early Wednesday there was no patient registered as Terrell Owens, although federal privacy laws allow people to block their name from being released.

ducks
09-27-2006, 09:21 AM
much more in nfl forum

angel_luv
09-27-2006, 09:30 AM
Oh my gosh!

That's just awful, thoughts and prayers to him

I feel the same.

angel_luv
09-27-2006, 10:22 AM
From Cold Pizza

Clarence E Hill JR. -Fort Worth Star- Telegram- via phone interview

Hill said he talked to Owen yesterday.
Hill says that while he is no psychiatrist, Owens certainly did not seem depressed to him. Said that Owens was looking forward to playing in Philly next week ( i.e. seemed in a good state of mind)

Clarence Hill has spoken to Owens publicist, Kim.
This is what he said, she said.

Kim told Hill that reports of Owen's attempting suicide are untrue. Kim said Owens had a bad reaction to some ( I believe pain) pills. Kim said Owen was not trying to harm himself; did not swallow thirty pills. According to Kim, Owens did not have his stomach pumped and did not vomit and will be released from the hospial later today.

Kori Ellis
09-27-2006, 10:24 AM
There's conflicting reports everywhere and the police didn't confirm/deny anything. But lets keep this in the NFL Forum.

Thanks.

and will be released from the hospial later today.

The first article said he was released last night.
The second set said he was released this morning.
Now this.

Obviously he wants his privacy.