PDA

View Full Version : Rockets sign Bonzi Wells to 2 year deal.

T Park
09-27-2006, 11:27 PM
Per Rick Bucher on ESPNEWS.

JamStone
09-27-2006, 11:56 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2605639

Brutalis
09-28-2006, 12:14 AM
Nice. Maybe when we beat them by 10 instead of 20 it'll be intresting.

NuGGeTs-FaN
09-28-2006, 12:18 AM
its a good signing for them but that team still sucks without Tmac and you know he is going to miss a chunk of the season. Back problems always come back to haunt you

ATX Spur
09-28-2006, 12:57 AM
Cripes, whoever's left standing in the Southwest Division will run the table.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
09-28-2006, 12:58 AM
Wow, maybe they will be a contender next year when he's in another contract year.

Fillmoe
09-28-2006, 12:59 AM
i bet that 5 years 36 mil is looking real good to bonzi right about now...... :lol :lol

ATX Spur
09-28-2006, 01:03 AM
I bet looking at being in a game-finishing line-up with Yao, Battier, McGrady, and Alston is looking pretty good to Bonzi too.

RON ARTEST
09-28-2006, 01:38 AM
i bet that 5 years 36 mil is looking real good to bonzi right about now...... :lol :lol
Grant napier said everyone keeps saying the wrong thing, it wasnt 36 million it was 38. But either way your right, im sure bonzi feels really bad right now. :lol

THE SIXTH MAN
09-28-2006, 01:50 AM
Southwest division is looking pretty good.

Obstructed_View
09-28-2006, 04:44 AM
Good deal for the Rockettes. Bonzi has to play for his next contract, so he'll probably produce some numbers. There may not be enough basketballs to go around if TMac and Yao just happen to stay healthy.

Brutalis
09-28-2006, 12:12 PM
I wonder what Artest is going to do.

RON ARTEST
09-28-2006, 12:34 PM
nothing, hes not even thinking about bonzi, he has been a great leader for us so far. Eric musselman said a couple of days ago that ron organized a 5 on 5 game with the team just to get ready for the upcoming season, eric said he walked into his office at 9pm and saw everyone playing and so far he loves ron because they have the same work ethic. Bonzi is gone now and Kevin martin is here Baby!

Emily Rose
09-28-2006, 01:04 PM
nothing, hes not even thinking about bonzi, he has been a great leader for us so far. Eric musselman said a couple of days ago that ron organized a 5 on 5 game with the team just to get ready for the upcoming season, eric said he walked into his office at 9pm and saw everyone playing and so far he loves ron because they have the same work ethic. Bonzi is gone now and Kevin martin is here Baby!
Whew I thought Ron was gonna put him in the hospital. :drunk :drunk That is GREAT to hear Ron is doing this. He is the glue to that team and you do have Kevin Martin to give major minutes to. Cant forget about Garcia either who should have a solid sophmore season in the NBA and they finally got rid of Adleman and replaced him with a coach who I think fits that team very well!. :lol :lol I love the Spurs but the Kings moves over the past year have made me a fan of them.

Obstructed_View
09-28-2006, 02:02 PM
Isn't he supposed to kill Bonzi now?

alamo50
09-28-2006, 03:06 PM
C- Ming
F- Battier
F- McGrady
G- Wells
G- Alston

Petty damn good starting 5.

Supergirl
09-28-2006, 03:24 PM
LMAO at Bonzi originally wanting his agent to get him a $50 mil contract. Is he delusional?

It's a steal for the Rockets - even if he goes back to being his old self (lazy, unmotivated, inconsistent) which I'd say there's at least a 50/50 chance of, the Rockets haven't broken the bank on him.

How long before Bonzi gets benched for clashing with Van Gundy? How long till T-Mac's back takes him out for a couple weeks? I say we set up a v-bookie as to which will happen first?

RON ARTEST
09-28-2006, 03:33 PM
LMAO at Bonzi originally wanting his agent to get him a $50 mil contract. Is he delusional?

It's a steal for the Rockets - even if he goes back to being his old self (lazy, unmotivated, inconsistent) which I'd say there's at least a 50/50 chance of, the Rockets haven't broken the bank on him.

How long before Bonzi gets benched for clashing with Van Gundy? How long till T-Mac's back takes him out for a couple weeks? I say we set up a v-bookie as to which will happen first?
when i first read that i laughed so hard, im so glad geof petrie realized it wasnt worth it.

BeerIsGood!
09-28-2006, 04:08 PM
I'd VBookie how long it'll take Bonzi to pout on the sidelines. 10 games maybe? 5?

RON ARTEST
09-28-2006, 06:07 PM
I'd VBookie how long it'll take Bonzi to pout on the sidelines. 10 games maybe? 5?
Thats about right. :lol but i seriously think he will be fine, you have to remeber hes playing for a contract so i dont expect anything bad out of him this upcoming season.

TheSanityAnnex
09-28-2006, 07:11 PM
Isn't he supposed to kill Bonzi now?No. He is just going to beat on his legs and break them.

TheSanityAnnex
09-28-2006, 07:11 PM
Whew I thought Ron was gonna put him in the hospital. :drunk :drunk That is GREAT to hear Ron is doing this. He is the glue to that team and you do have Kevin Martin to give major minutes to. Cant forget about Garcia either who should have a solid sophmore season in the NBA and they finally got rid of Adleman and replaced him with a coach who I think fits that team very well!. :lol :lol I love the Spurs but the Kings moves over the past year have made me a fan of them.

I too like the moves they've been making. Nothing shocking but slowly building an athletic and young team that can grow together.

dirk4mvp
09-28-2006, 07:46 PM
C- Ming
F- Battier
F- McGrady
G- Wells
G- Alston

Petty damn good starting 5.

Good, but a bit small to bang with the likes of the Spurs, eh?

Leetonidas
09-28-2006, 09:23 PM
Bobby Sura...what happend to him? He fit in real well as the Rockets' PG.