PDA

View Full Version : Ring reminds men of anniversary

sa_butta
09-28-2006, 11:27 AM
A ring has been created that reminds men that it's their wedding anniversary.

The Remember Ring heats up every hour the day before the chosen date to remind the wearer of its significance.

The heat is created by a small internal thermo device.

The ring was created by Alaskan Cleve Oines who is in talk with jewellers to get the ring on the high street.

He told the Daily Mail: "It converts the heat from your hand into electricity, keeping the battery charged and microchip clock running perpetually.

"All you have to do is specify your anniversary date when you order and we'll program it. It will warm up every year a day before your anniversary."

A spokesman for Relate said: "If the man hasn't remembered, it can cause a lot of arguments and the man will feel very guilty, especially if he has genuinely forgotten because of work pressures or a busy life style.

"This ring could be just the answer and could help avoid all sorts of problems."

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_2014428.html?menu=

angel_luv
09-28-2006, 11:30 AM
What if he forgets what the ring is for? :lol

CubanMustGo
09-28-2006, 11:32 AM
How many men are going to want to wear another ring? Wedding band and class ring is all I want, and usually just the wedding band.

Put a frigging e-mail reminder out there, fer crying out loud.

ToughActinTinactin
09-28-2006, 11:32 AM
WTF!?!? Like the wife doesn't give about a thousand damn hints before?

spurs_fan_in_exile
09-28-2006, 11:34 AM
I'd set it up to give me at least three days of a reminder. If you'd forget your own wedding anniversary I would think you'd need more than 24 hours to put together something that doesn't look like you waited til the last second to do anything.

sa_butta
09-28-2006, 11:34 AM
What if he forgets what the ring is for? :lolIts says it warms up the day before, but what if you just ignore it and forget the next day?

angel_luv
09-28-2006, 11:35 AM
Put a frigging e-mail reminder out there, fer crying out loud.

Or better yet... somehow work the announcement into the sport's scores segment on the news.

I can hear it now
"... The Spurs won by fifteen. lakers lose for 12th time in a row... for the eleventh time, Kobe didn't pass the ball all game. Joe Mitchell- it is your wedding anniversary tomorrow. Buy flowers. "

:lol

spurs_fan_in_exile
09-28-2006, 11:37 AM
Its says it warms up the day before, but what if you just ignore it and forget the next day?

Seems to me the only foolproof way for the ring system would be to have the ring generate enough heat to brand the words, "Anniversary tomorrow," into the guy's skin. Try forgetting that.

sandman
09-28-2006, 11:41 AM
coming on 15 years and never forgot. It's not as freakin' hard as the commercials make it out to be.

RichieRich
09-28-2006, 11:43 AM
My wife's attorney sends me a friendly reminder.

JoeChalupa
09-28-2006, 11:47 AM
coming on 15 years and never forgot. It's not as freakin' hard as the commercials make it out to be.

I concur. Next Month will be 12 years.

angel_luv
09-28-2006, 11:49 AM
Congrats :)

Rogbok
09-28-2006, 12:05 PM
Next month will be 15 years for me and I have never forgotten.

sandman
09-28-2006, 12:07 PM
Next month will be 15 years for me and I have never forgotten.

See? Those commercials are all part of a vast right wing conspiracy!

ShoogarBear
09-28-2006, 12:30 PM
Is this a ring for your finger?

CuckingFunt
09-28-2006, 12:52 PM
Is this a ring for your finger?
A cock ring that heats up could be both the reminder AND the present.

Phenomanul
09-28-2006, 01:22 PM
Does the ring know about leap years?

2Blonde
09-28-2006, 04:19 PM
Actually in 9 years of marriage, I'm usually the one telling my husband NOT to do anything too big for our anniversary.

Spam
09-28-2006, 04:25 PM
Actually in 9 years of marriage, I'm usually the one telling my husband NOT to do anything too big for our anniversary.

He is one lucky man.

Jimcs50
09-28-2006, 04:49 PM
I do not even wear any ring....

I never forget any special occasions....especially a wedding anniversary.

Any husband that forgets one will only forget once, in all likelihood.

Boris
09-28-2006, 05:13 PM
I don't even remember my own damn birthday let alone an anniversary.

T Park
09-28-2006, 05:52 PM
If you can't remember your wedding aniversary, thats pretty pathetic.

JoePublic
09-28-2006, 07:25 PM
If you can't remember your wedding aniversary, thats pretty pathetic.

I'm no genius but let me guess. You've never been married right?

TheSanityAnnex
09-28-2006, 07:52 PM

I knew you weren't an ewhore.

CuckingFunt
09-28-2006, 07:55 PM
I knew you weren't an ewhore.
Please find something new to obsess over.

TheSanityAnnex
09-28-2006, 08:15 PM
Please find something new to obsess over.Please change your ways so I can find something new to obsess over.

CuckingFunt
09-28-2006, 08:16 PM
Please change your ways so I can find something new to obsess over.
Um... no. It's not my problem you can't help yourself.

TheSanityAnnex
09-28-2006, 08:24 PM
And it's not my problem you can't keep your slut tendencies that trickle from your brain to your fingers to your keyboard.

CuckingFunt
09-28-2006, 08:28 PM
And it's not my problem you can't keep your slut tendencies that trickle from your brain to your fingers to your keyboard.
You are, or at least should be, in full control of whether or not you give a fuck. So, why do you?

TheSanityAnnex
09-28-2006, 08:35 PM
So, why do you?I had the pleasure of reading your 50 rebuttals on how you weren't a whore.

CuckingFunt
09-28-2006, 08:39 PM
I had the pleasure of reading your 50 rebuttals on how you weren't a whore.
Don't lets be silly. You cared LONG before withqueso came along.

TheSanityAnnex
09-28-2006, 08:40 PM
You cared LONG before withqueso came along.
No shit, that's why I'm still at it.

slayermin
09-28-2006, 08:43 PM
GPS pet collars and now this. The world has certainly changed in the last 15 years.

CuckingFunt
09-28-2006, 08:43 PM
No shit, that's why I'm still at it.
I'm flattered, but not interested.

TheSanityAnnex
09-28-2006, 08:45 PM
I'm flattered, but not interested.Simple solution.................

stop replying.

CuckingFunt
09-28-2006, 08:46 PM
Simple solution.................

stop replying.
Solution to what? I'm not trying to prove anything.

TheSanityAnnex
09-28-2006, 08:46 PM
You said you are not interested no?

CuckingFunt
09-28-2006, 08:49 PM
You said you are not interested no?
No, I'm not.

But since I haven't instigated ANY of this exchange, or the various other exchanges regarding my "ways," I don't see how my choosing whether or not to respond will have any bearing on your fixation with me.

So, again, what is my ignoring you supposed to solve?

TheSanityAnnex
09-28-2006, 08:53 PM
Anyways Ewhore..........I'm going to enjoy my three day weekend and dismiss myself from the message board.

Don't let me stop you from enjoying your weekend pretending your are not a slut.

P.S.- Try not to post here on weekend nights.............it's a dead give away that you have no life, are not as cool as you pretend, and are truly not a slut.

CuckingFunt
09-28-2006, 08:57 PM
P.S.- Try not to post here on weekend nights.............it's a dead give away that you have no life, are not as cool as you pretend, and are truly not a slut.
Oh, heavens! Sanity thinks I have no life. Pardon me while I cry my wittle heart out.

I'm not the one who can't stop focusing on whether or not someone I don't even know pretends to be a slut on a message board.

TheSanityAnnex
09-28-2006, 09:36 PM
I'm not the one who can't stop focusing on whether or not someone I don't even know pretends to be a slut on a message board.

I only focus 1% of my posts to your online slut fest.

You focus 80% of yours to your online slut fest.

80% slut/20% funt

Mrs.Jimcs50
09-28-2006, 09:54 PM
I do not even wear any ring..... :flipoff :flipoff :cuss

I never forget any special occasions....especially a wedding anniversary.

Any husband that forgets one will only forget once, in all likelihood.

:lmao .. yep. You never forgot that little lesson did you? :frying:

:lmao

conqueso
09-28-2006, 10:34 PM

----------------------------------------------------------

This is a story about two trolls, one named CuckingFunt, the other withcheese. CuckingFunt turned to withcheese one day and said:

I don't act like a slut.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1193158&postcount=165

Withcheese was astounded. Vexed. Flummoxed. He could not believe that CuckingFunt had actually said those words. So he replied:

you might not be actively TRYING to act slutty, it might not be your gimik or your shtick or whatever, but you absolutely cannot deny that gratuitous sexuality and lewd, lacivious, lisentiousness is slathered all over your online identity.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1193186&postcount=171

CuckingFunt took exception to this and replied:

lewd behavior DOES NOT EQUAL slut.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1193310&postcount=197

But withcheese knew she was wrong, so pulled out his pocket dictionary and looked up the following words, saying:

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=slut&x=0&y=0

slut:

2. an immoral or dissolute woman

http://dictionary.reference.com/sea...ssolute&x=0&y=0

dissolute:

indifferent to moral restraints; given to immoral or improper conduct; licentious; dissipated.

http://dictionary.reference.com/sea...entious&x=0&y=0

licentious

1. sexually unrestrained; lascivious; libertine; lewd.

To review:

slut = dissolute woman
dissolute = licentious
licentious = lewd

therefore, slut = engaging in, among other things, lewd behavior
notice also the lascivious and licentious remarks i made about your behavior in the forum. those are slutty too.

BUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNN

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1193322&postcount=202

CuckingFunt was not pleased. She did not like to be so clearly and evidently proven wrong about her conception of lewd behavior and sluttiness. CuckingFunt pretended as if withcheese had actually called her a slut, but he of course had not. Withcheese knows nothing about CuckingFunt and her sexual proclivities. He instead said she acts like a slut on ST, which in fact she does; her persona exudes sluttiness.

In a desperate attempt to combat withcheese's impenetrable argument, CuckingFunt said:

I don't act immoral or dissolute, therefore, I don't act like a slut. That's according the definitions that YOU posted. The definition of dissolute (which is where you get licentious and lewd) doesn't matter, because it ain't me.

Done.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1193606&postcount=238

But no, CuckingFunt was not done.

What she failed to realize was that just asserting that you aren't dissolute when the definition of the word in fact clearly delineates that some of your actions are dissolute is not very persuasive.

Withcheese pointed this out, then said:

i dont think your necessarily immoral, although plenty of the slutty ass things youve said on this board are pretty suspect.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1193635&postcount=246

CuckingFunt could not leave well enough alone, and quickly retorted:

Find one.

Withcheese smiled, and alerted her to two items of interest:

I like sex. Love it, in fact. Dirty, kinky, perverted, rough, nasty sex. And I'll proudly shout it from the rooftops.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1193294&postcount=187

and

Withcheese then asked the rhetorical question, "Don't those things sound slutty?" To which he only heard crickets chirping in response.

Withcheese was relentless in his pursuit of the truth, so he quoted one final dictionary definition, this one from the Oxford English Dictionary.

Slut - "a woman of a low or loose character; a bold or impudent girl; a hussy, jade."

Withcheese finally turned to CuckingFunt and asked her "Now do you see why everyone thinks you act slutty, regardless of whether or not you actually are a slut in real life?"

But CuckingFunt just had a glazed look in her eyes, appearing as if she had been ignoring withcheese the entire time. Perhaps she was deep in thought retroactively amending her arguments and rationales to mask all of the things that had been proven wrong, rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. Or maybe she was trying to look just aloof enough to fool everyone into thinking that she really knew what was going on all along and just didn't care enough to respond with some real arguments.

CuckingFunt and withcheese parted ways after their exchange, the latter basking in the brilliance and marvel of his own achievements, the former quietly fuming over her bruised ego, furtively plotting her revenge....

TheSanityAnnex
09-28-2006, 11:29 PM
The Funt has turned this into troll material!

Nice work slut.

CuckingFunt
09-28-2006, 11:58 PM
The Funt has turned this into troll material!

Nice work slut.
Pardon me?

I turned it into troll material?

I don't think that's quite how it happened.

TheSanityAnnex
09-29-2006, 12:05 AM
Pardon me?Why, did that loose puss of yours quief again?

I turned it into troll material?The moment you added your slutty little comment this should have been moved to the troll forum. You do realize you are a marked E-whore and any time you make one of these comments someone will call you out on them.

I don't think that's quite how it happened.And you also don't think you are a slut so what does that prove.

CuckingFunt
09-29-2006, 12:08 AM
You do realize you are a marked E-whore and any time you make one of these comments someone will call you out on them.
From what I can tell, the moment I make ANY comment YOU will call me out. Not "someone." Just you.

So, again, since I still haven't gotten an answer, why the fuck do you care?

ToughActinTinactin
09-29-2006, 10:19 AM
I like this CuckingFunt.

conqueso
09-29-2006, 11:56 AM
Pardon me?

I turned it into troll material?

I don't think that's quite how it happened.

Unfortunately, I think she's right. I trolled this one. She was just being herself; she doesn't know any better. I was the one who made an inappropriate troll post in the Club. And for that I am truly sorry. I think I may have to write another apology....