PDA

View Full Version : What about the New Orleans... Hornets?

Brutalis
09-28-2006, 12:11 PM
Maybe because they are fairly still new in NO they won't get the hoopla the Saints did? What's the situation with the Arena? Does anyone in Louisiana even care?

On a side note I think the OKC in their name is ignorant. That or I just don't see a point in it.

THE SIXTH MAN
09-29-2006, 12:32 AM
Maybe because they are fairly still new in NO they won't get the hoopla the Saints did? What's the situation with the Arena? Does anyone in Louisiana even care?

On a side note I think the OKC in their name is ignorant. That or I just don't see a point in it.
I think I read somewhere that they put OKC in the name to sell tickets and get that community hyped about basketball. I think the general consensus is that the saints have been apart of Louisiana and New Orleans for so long that the team has become a staple of those communities. Also the comparison of home games from the NFL and the NBA is pretty big. So it would be impossible to sell out the season for the hornets then the Saints.

JamStone
09-29-2006, 12:44 AM
I thought I heard sometime last season that the Hornets would not be moving back permanently this upcoming season, but either the the following season or the one after that. But, I'm not sure.

I lived in New Orleans for three years before the Hornets came from Charlotte. So, I had already left before the NBA came to the city. But I can tell you this, it was a horrible decision to bring the NBA to New Orleans.

I don't think the city is interested enough. To be honest, I don't know how the Saints sell any tickets.

The city is one of the most unique cities in the United States, and sports is just not part of its identity, especially professional sports. The city is about music, and art, and cajun/creole food. It's about culture, the french quarter, mardi gras, and gambling.

There are a million more interesting things to do in New Orleans than to worry about professional basketball or professional football. I think it's ludicrous that the Superdome was fixed, reconstructed, and upgraded with millions of dollars to the extent that it was while there are still people who are living in trailers or worse homeless.

The Hornets should permanently move out of New Orleans. Give Oklahoma City the Hornets. Last year, the fans in Oklahoma already showed more interest than New Orleans ever did.

New Orleans is a poor city. It's a horrible place for business. It was never a viable city for the NBA and I was surprised when the NBA decided to move back there.

THE SIXTH MAN
09-29-2006, 01:29 AM
I thought I heard sometime last season that the Hornets would not be moving back permanently this upcoming season, but either the the following season or the one after that. But, I'm not sure.
The Hornets future in New Orleans is unlikely, but as for this upcoming season the Hornets will play one game a month in New Orleans.

MajorMike
09-29-2006, 07:42 AM

Possibly because they play 95% of their games last year and this year in OKC.

Brutalis
09-29-2006, 12:31 PM
Nobody cares. I realized that much.