PDA

View Full Version : Titans coach Fisher amused by site calling for his headAssociated Press

ducks
09-28-2006, 01:11 PM
Titans coach Fisher amused by site calling for his headAssociated Press

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Six straight losses and a 9-26 record since his last playoff game prompted two fans to start a Web site calling for the firing of Tennessee Titans coach Jeff Fisher.

Jeff Fisher's Approval Rating

Fisher
All season long, SportsNation is voting weekly on their favorite NFL team's head coach. Is he doing all the right things on and off the field to earn a vote of approval?
This week, Jeff Fisher has fans riding the fence with a slight majority of 51 percent giving their vote of approval to the Titans coach.
Cast your vote.

The Web site, www.firecoachfisher.com, sells T-shirts asking owner Bud Adams to fire the longest tenured coach in franchise history.

Fisher was amused by the site.

"I was looking into that MySpace.com, and somebody did it for me," he said. "I think that was pretty cool."

Web sites calling for coach firings are common in college football. There are ones that exist for Florida second-year coach Urban Meyer and Tennessee coach Phillip Fulmer.

Fisher's site features four T-shirts for sale with the message "Hey Bud, Fire Coach Fisher." It had 8,095 visits Wednesday afternoon with 22 shirts sold, and the goal is to sell a shirt to every fan attending Sunday's game against the Dallas Cowboys.

The site points out that Fisher is winless since Dec. 11. The six-game skid that started last December is his longest since taking over in November 1994.

The administrators of the site did not immediately return a message from The Associated Press. The two fans told The Tennessean they launched the site after last weekend's 13-10 loss at Miami, which dropped the Titans to 0-3.

"It was kind of done to be humorous, but obviously we would like to see the team do better," Jeffrey Tucker told The Tennessean. "We go to games, we pay for tickets, we are taxpaying citizens and I guess we feel changes need to be made."

Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2605819

MajorMike
09-29-2006, 07:38 AM
Yeah, I'd get a real kick out of that, too, I'm sure.

Is there ANY coach in ALL of professional sport that has had such great job security with such poor results as Jeff Fisher???

valluco
09-30-2006, 03:44 PM
I don't think that Fish is a bad coach at all. Floyd Reese on the other hand, is a fucking moron and a terrible gm.

valluco
09-30-2006, 03:45 PM
Oh, and don't even get me started on Butt Adams.

Guru of Nothing
09-30-2006, 09:58 PM
Jeff Fisher is probably a top 12 coach in the NFL.

Might be the correct successor to Parcells.