PDA

View Full Version : Fittingly, Kerry Campaign Ending on a Big Lie - And It Will Be His Downfall

Yonivore
10-28-2004, 10:26 AM
Another missive (http://www.crushkerry.com/article315.html) from the fine folks at CrushKerry.com

http://www.crushkerry.com/images/topics/Testimony.jpg

How fitting is it that the Kerry campaign is going to crash and burn in this last week because they made a huge deal out of an outright lie by the New York Times and CBS in an effort to defeat the President? Really, it just couldn't have happened any other way. There's an old saying about stuff like this. We're not sure if it's Buddhist, Confucianism or what, and it goes something like this - "Karma's a Bitch".

For the last 2 years or so the left wing America-haters have been spouting lie after ridiculous lie about George Bush. You could say these were the founders of the movement. You know who they are - the Moveon.org crowd, Michael Moore, Al Franken, the list goes on and on. Originally the claims were about things like phantom voter disenfranchisement in Florida during the 2000 election, and that the President let Osama Bin Laden's family leave the country right after September 11 when American flights were grounded.

However, with the sudden and unexpected rise of Howard Dean, we actually found out what we thought was the lunatic fringe was actually the mainstream of the Democratic party. Thus, in order to secure the nomination John Kerry had to join them. That was his first mistake - largely because he was already there, but next to Howlin' Howie he seemed like a fascist.

Thus, Kerry took on the persona and causes of the lying left and made it his campaign platform. However, like the gambler who can't walk away, Kerry spouted one lie too many, and because of it he'll forever be a Senator from Massachusetts.

You can tell just how desperate Kerry has become in the last week or two by the sheer audacity of his lies. Recently he's been scaring people into thinking that the draft is coming back, made unsupported allegations that Bush has a "January Surprise" to reduce social security, charged Bush with having a "secret plan" to raise milk prices in Wisconsin, and claimed that Bush paid more attention to tax cuts for the rich than he did Osama Bin Laden. The list goes on and on.

But Kerry should have quit while he was ahead (or to be more accurate, almost tied). He showed his desperation and willingness to say anything by grabbing onto the "NYTrogate" story way too quickly, even putting out a TV ad in less than a day. By locking himself in that the phantom "disappearance" was the result of Bush's incompetence, he sealed his fate.

In less than 48 hours the story is coming apart faster than a virgin's gown on prom night. You can tell just how bad it is when the publisher of the lie, in this case The New York Times, is retreating quicker than a French soldier.

Let's examine their latest attempt to keep the story going. In the interview three unnamed Iraqi's and a worker at the munitions plant (http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/28/international/middleeast/28bomb.html) to try to show how bad the looting was.

The score in these big heists? What's mentioned in the article is computers, "anything of value" in the office, and things that "looked like artillery". Further, the article mentions "grabbing anything they can find" and tossing unwanted items off of trucks. Hey, it's not 385 tons of dangerous explosives, but it's close enough for an attempted "October Surprise" at the Times.

We're sorry, we shouldn't make fun. We can easily see how a stapler and computers could be mistaken for 385 tons of explosive material. UPDATE: ABC News is now reporting there may have been only 3 tons of explosives at the plant, not 385 (http://www.abcnews.go.com/WNT/story?id=204304&page=1). Hell, the same story was forced to quote the American Commander on the ground to say what is just common sense to us normal folk - that it would have been near impossible to move nearly 400 TONS of explosives on roads being heavily traveled on a daily basis by US armed forces. I mean, it's not as if they were stealing hard to see things.

As the day wore on the story got even flimsier. This report quoting John Shaw, deputy undersecretary of Defense (http://www.washingtontimes.com/national/20041027-101153-4822r.htm) says that the Russians took those explosives to Syria in March, 2003, a month prior to American troops arriving. I guess this showed "incredible incompetence" right Senator Kerry. I mean, how dare he not secure weapons in a place where there were no American troops? Perhaps Senator, the blame for this lies with you and your ilk (http://www.crushkerry.com/article313.html) for insisting for months that we fart around with the corrupt French, Germans and other feckless UN Nations. Senator, will you apologize for this error? Didn't think so.

Next came a report that in February, 2003, two months before the invasion, that Mohammed ElBaradai of the UN Atomic Energy Commission told the UN that Iraq reported the explosives had been transferred for use in quarries (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,136745,00.html)" Hmm, doesn't that make it kind of hard to guard stuff at Al-Quqaa when it's really in a quarry (or in Syria)? But we're sure the Senator will run a commercial blaming the President for failing to secure Iraqi quarries.

Hell, even Kerry's own spokespeople admitted they didn't know if the weapons were there when American forces arrived. Richard Holbrooke said on Fox News that: "I don't know what happened" (with regard to when the explosives were removed) (http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/004/839edcfw.asp) and later on, this bombshell from Mike McCurry: "...there is a window that’s available there where either just prior to or just after the invasion, there could have been an opportunity for either Saddam to move the weapons or for something happening after that facility had been abandoned." (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6323933/)

Read the highlighted part from McCurry again. They admit the explosives could have been removed by Saddam before the invasion, yet they continue to act as if the President did nothing after the invasion to stop the weapons from being stolen. Only in Kerryland is such logic accepted.

Still, we think the best retort to Senator Kerry was from the President himself in Lancaster today when he said" "Now, the senator is making wild charges about missing explosives. One of his top foreign policy advisors admits he doesn't know the facts. He said, 'I don't know the truth.' End quote. Well, think about that. The senator is denigrating the actions of our troops and commanders in the field without knowing the facts....and a political candidate who jumps to conclusions without knowing the facts is not a person you want as your commander in chief" (http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/28/politics/campaign/28bush.html?hp&ex=1098936000&en=aa967d20f8be45c7&ei=5094&partner=homepage) Amen Mr. President.

Thus, a campaign that was built on the lie that the President "lied" about WMD's, that he "rushed to war", and numerous other outrageous lies will have been brought down by the truth. Kerry had a window in these last week to take his best shot and it wasn't (and really still isn't) out of the question he could have pulled it off.

However, a leopard can't change it's spots, and he had to pile on just one more idiotic, outrageous lie, with of course the help of the national press. But we think that when he's alone in one of John Heinz's homes in a few months wondering what might have been, he's going to look back on this last week's events and want to jump off a bridge. But he won't. He'll just get in the 40 foot yacht, on the private jet, or on the $8,000 exercise bike to try to run away from his frustrations. But he won't be able to. He's going to spend the next 30 years of his life regretting he couldn't stop lying for 1 week.

mouse
10-28-2004, 10:30 AM
If Bush wins we will all be living another four years of lies.

gophergeorge
10-28-2004, 10:35 AM
"Here's the pitch... swung on... hit deep to center... Slam-a-lama-Ding-Dong!"

gophergeorge
10-28-2004, 10:36 AM

Mouse.... you watch too much network TV.... :)

Useruser666
10-28-2004, 10:41 AM

Why do you believe that? What lies have been told so far?

JoeChalupa
10-28-2004, 10:46 AM
Strike three!! You're out!!!!

mouse
10-28-2004, 10:48 AM
Can I ask all you Inbred simple minded Republicans a question?

Why is it that Bush and yourselves can never say when they F___ up?

Do we have great health care? Is our nation safer with Bush in control?
Are there Wads in Iraq?

If you answered yes to any of those? Your a liar just like the topic starter and your daddy Bush.

mouse
10-28-2004, 10:49 AM
Mouse.... you watch too much network TV.... :)

Maybe if Bush would turn on the TV he would see our troops dying in IRAQ for no good reason.

Useruser666
10-28-2004, 11:06 AM

Are there Wads in Iraq?

If you answered yes to any of those? Your a liar just like the topic starter and your daddy Bush.

I'm sorry but if you're calling me an inbred then FUCK YOU

If you're not then ignore that comment. Don't even call me a Republican either. I'm not Republican simply do to the fact that I don't believe there is a politcal party than champions every belief and ideal I hold. I exercise my right to vote, not as a mindless parot of anyone, but as some one who truly believes one choice for leader is better than another. I respect your right to choose as I hope you'd respect my right in turn.

I have never said that the WMD was the only reason for invading Iraq. Now that we haven't found any there, it proves that was not a valid reason for going to war. But there are many more, even possibly more important one.
I believe we are safer than we were on 9/11. How could we not be with all that has been done? I don't believe health care is that bad, but it is too expensive and that is getting worse. I beliebe that is something that needs to be worked on and hopefully will. Bush's pledge of tort reform will be the first step in that direction. I believe this is the way to move ahead.

Clandestino
10-28-2004, 11:20 AM

Are there Wads in Iraq?

you want government healthcare? no problem, lets raise your taxes to about 30-40%. i lived in germany and paid 47% taxes before. and we have the best healtcare system in the world. go to a hospital and you will see many people from all over the world getting their healthcare done here.

the nation is safer with bush in control. you can't admit it.

there were wmds in iraq. ask the families of the kurds, iranians who were killed with them. face it, saddam was given 13 yrs to prove he had none...he wouldn't, he was taken out.

Clandestino
10-28-2004, 11:21 AM
I'm sorry but if you're calling me an inbred then FUCK YOU

If you're not then ignore that comment.

haha..too funny!

mouse
10-28-2004, 11:24 AM
[QUOTE=Useruser666]I'm sorry but if you're calling me an inbred then FUCK YOU

Yeppers thats how inbred trailer park folks talk alright.
thanks for proving my point there jr.say hi to your sister errrrr I mean auntie :lmao

mouse
10-28-2004, 11:34 AM
you want government healthcare? no problem, lets raise your taxes to about 30-40%.
raise all you want I still can't get a flu shot.

i lived in germany

Well, that explains a lot right there thanks.

and paid 47% taxes before. and we have the best healtcare system in the world.

yea just avoid the Ovens while your there.

go to a hospital and you will see many people from all over the world getting their healthcare done here.

Pssssst! It kinda helps when they have beer in the cafeteria.

the nation is safer with bush in control.

your funny sure we are safe just don't leave the border with your I love NY t shirt on. You had one on while in Germany right?

you can't admit it.

I will admit many things Clinton did is still around today to help make Bush look good

there were wmds in iraq.

yes and check under your pillow there is a quarter left from the tooth fairy

ask the families of the kurds, iranians who were killed with them. face it, saddam was given 13 yrs to prove he had none...he wouldn't, he was taken out.

Dude those people are starving and in pain they will say anything and to use them as a political tool is the most tasteless thing since Bush used 9/11 in one of his campaign commercials,

Marcus Bryant
10-28-2004, 11:40 AM
mouse, Kerry "used 9/11" in one of his commercials as well.

Yonivore
10-28-2004, 11:54 AM

Tell me, mouse...when have you ever heard a sitting President admit a mistake on policy?

Name one instance...

Do we have great health care?
Yep.

Is our nation safer with Bush in control?
Yep.
[quote=mouse]Are there Wads in Iraq?
What?

You remind me of Lawrence O'Donnell...

Hook Dem
10-28-2004, 01:28 PM

Are there Wads in Iraq?

Do we have great healthcare?.............I don't know about you but I do. Is out nation safer with Bush in control?.........YEP! Are there Wads in IraQ?.........I don't know! What "Wads" are you referring to? I only worry about my own! :lmao ........And you call me inbred?????? :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Useruser666
10-28-2004, 01:30 PM
[QUOTE=Useruser666]I'm sorry but if you're calling me an inbred then FUCK YOU

Yeppers thats how inbred trailer park folks talk alright.
thanks for proving my point there jr.say hi to your sister errrrr I mean auntie :lmao

Ok mouse, I thought you were a funny guy, but maybe I was wrong. And fuck you for saying I'm inbred. You don't even know what race I am, and for that reason your comments are bullshit. I don't use many curse words here, unless they're used in a joke, they are unnecessary. I respect your choices and beliefs without calling into question who you are. Don't call into question who I am, you have no clue. If you can't or don't want to back up your arguements then fine, so be it. But if you question mine so easily, you should come up with something better than an insult. A lot of people here fling mud and name call at the drop of a hat, I don't.

By the way, I don't have a sister. I was born in a test tube at a cold war era goverment lab.

Yonivore
10-28-2004, 02:19 PM
Wait! You used to think mouse was funny?

mouse
10-28-2004, 02:33 PM
User666? Are you having a meltdown? You seem to really be offended by the Inbred comment. Most folks laugh and move on, Tell me about your situation. if it's personal feel free to use e mail, Don't pull a Ryan Left in front of everyone you can talk to me in private.

Pssssst! on a side note I don't remember calling you anything, I said Republicans,
your starting to scare me maybe you need to bomb another abortion clinic to release some steam, what ever the case may be I suggest you back off before i change your diaper her live in front of all to see, I am the king of smack talk and don't forget that everrrrrrrrr,

mouse
10-28-2004, 02:36 PM
Wait! You used to think mouse was funny?

That was not nice bro. After all I have done for you?

Useruser666
10-28-2004, 04:10 PM
User666? Are you having a meltdown? You seem to really be offended by the Inbred comment. Most folks laugh and move on, Tell me about your situation. if it's personal feel free to use e mail, Don't pull a Ryan Left in front of everyone you can talk to me in private.

Pssssst! on a side note I don't remember calling you anything, I said Republicans,
your starting to scare me maybe you need to bomb another abortion clinic to release some steam, what ever the case may be I suggest you back off before i change your diaper her live in front of all to see, I am the king of smack talk and don't forget that everrrrrrrrr,

Whatever dude. You bring personal attacks to a political discussion. You did call me imbred, I know because I specificly asked you if that comment was directed at me. You stated that it was. I respected your views on this thread, I only asked you why you felt the way you did. I wanted to discuss why I felt the way I do and maybe come away from it with something good. As for you being the "king of smack", big deal. That is a hollow title to hold over your head. If it was joke, then fine, it's forgotten. No big deal. I don't believe I am neither young nor old enough to be wearing a diaper.

Yonivore
10-28-2004, 04:39 PM
That was not nice bro. After all I have done for you?
:smokin

scott
10-28-2004, 05:40 PM
The day a Presidential Candidate is crushed by a lie during his campaign will be the day monkeys fly out of my ass.

Hook Dem
10-28-2004, 06:06 PM
The day a Presidential Candidate is crushed by a lie during his campaign will be the day monkeys fly out of my ass.
Be careful Scott! Did you see Bruce Allmighty? :lmao :lmao

dcole50
10-28-2004, 10:30 PM
What lies have been told so far?connection between iraq and al qaeda, weapons of mass destruction, etc., etc., etc.

Spurminator
10-28-2004, 10:49 PM
connection between iraq and al qaeda

Oh, Jesus.

Not only are you not familiar with the meaning of the word "lie"... you don't even have those alleged "lies" correct in the first place.

If you guys used some semblance of rational debate instead of mean-spirited exaggerations, Kerry would be running away with this election.

If George W. Bush's supporters were on the defensive about why the Administration was WRONG about WMD's, Kerry would have the upper hand. Instead, you're making the argument over whether Bush "lied" or not... an argument you cannot win with centered, objective people.

If the loudest voices in support of John Kerry resembled Spurster instead of Michael Moore, you'd get a lot more support. Instead, you alienate possible supporters by screaming like a bunch of bafoons who watched too many episodes of "The X-Files."

It's like going into a debate on Affirmative Action with your sole argument being a claim that the opponent is a racist with likely connections to the Klan. Sorry... you lose, nutball.

I've got some news for those of you who live in front of a computer screen. Leaders do not have to be evil to be wrong. If you try to paint an extreme portrait of the President, no one is going to buy it. Vague family connections to Saudis, connections to oil companies, Flash videos suggesting US Government involvement in 9/11... these things will not appeal to moderates. They will appeal only to those who are already filled with hate for this President.

You're much better off arguing Correct vs. Incorrect... rather than Good vs. Evil. I know the latter sells more papers, but it also gambles potential voters by creating a gigantic split between the two sides. Kerry may still win, but it will be in spite of, and not because of, his campaign and his supporters.

dcole50
10-28-2004, 10:54 PM
"Evidence from intelligence sources, secret communications, and statements by people now in custody reveal that Saddam Hussein aids and protects terrorists, including members of al Qaeda." -- George W. Bush, State of the Union Speech (1/28/2003)

That's not a lie? I thought he had "good intelligence" ...

Spurminator
10-28-2004, 11:03 PM
Intelligence did suggest that. It's possible the intelligence was wrong. Why not leave it at that and hold the President accountable for being wrong? Why make it into a "lie" issue?

If the President had the moral depravity to LIE about such a thing, doesn't it follow that he would also CREATE (by fabrication or however) a decent case to support that lie?

dcole50
10-28-2004, 11:05 PM
Has the president admitted that he was wrong? I haven't heard it. I just saw the attention being changed to the fact that we are trying to "free" Iraq.

Spurminator
10-28-2004, 11:16 PM
Don't hold your breath about any President ever admitting fault, particularly when he is in his first term. If more people were calling him out simply for being wrong instead of trying to connect it to some conspiracy or lack of morals, he might actually be forced to take more responsibility.

Instead, the people who hate him have turned the attention on themselves, and he is coasting by as the rest of the nation laughs.

http://www.inminds.co.uk/stopbush-3258-20nov03.jpg

spurster
10-29-2004, 08:03 AM
Yeah, a big lie all right.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/29/politics/29bomb.html

Video Shows G.I.'s at Weapon Cache
By WILLIAM J. BROAD and DAVID E. SANGER

Published: October 29, 2004

A videotape made by a television crew with American troops when they opened bunkers at a sprawling Iraqi munitions complex south of Baghdad shows a huge supply of explosives still there nine days after the fall of Saddam Hussein, apparently including some sealed earlier by the International Atomic Energy Agency.

Useruser666
10-29-2004, 08:12 AM
Did they touch a match to any of it? :lol

Marcus Bryant
10-29-2004, 08:28 AM
HMX or RDX?

The thing I find fascinating is that Bush's opponents have claimed that he lied when he said that Iraq possessed weapons that constituted a threat to the United States in going to war, but now that he's lying when he claims that weapons that constituted a threat to the United States weren't in Iraq's possession at the time of the invasion.

We get it, he's a conservative Republican president and you don't like him. But at least get your story straight.