PDA

View Full Version : Mark Cuban

Mixability
09-29-2006, 10:18 AM
was on The Big Idea last night on CNBC. It was a very interesting interview. Not much basketball talk other than when asked who is the most overrated player in the NBA, he replied Dwayne Wade and added that he is the best actor too. Anybody else watch.

Apologies if posted already.

cornbread
09-29-2006, 10:25 AM
Another display of class by Mark Cuban.

BeerIsGood!
09-29-2006, 10:32 AM
Mark Cuban needs TO's sleeping pills. Take all 35 of them Marky...

Taco
09-29-2006, 12:07 PM
Mark Cuban needs TO's sleeping pills. Take all 35 of them Marky...

ohh that's bad:lol

u2sarajevo
09-29-2006, 12:26 PM
I just LOVE how he gives opponents motivation.

Way to go Mark. I love your money, but sometimes your mouth should just zip it.

Mixability
09-29-2006, 01:05 PM
he also said David Stern is horrible at marketing his product. All of Sterns success came when he rode the wave of Magic, Bird and Jordan.

ponky
09-29-2006, 01:30 PM
he also said David Stern is horrible at marketing his product. All of Sterns success came when he rode the wave of Magic, Bird and Jordan.

Hmmm, maybe that last part has something to do with Dwade being overrated...someone has to be propped up as THE nba superstar and although I personally don't see Dwade as the next Jordan, he's been a good candidate for the NBA.

cornbread
09-29-2006, 02:27 PM
I just LOVE how he gives opponents motivation.

Way to go Mark. I love your money, but sometimes your mouth should just zip it.

I totally agree. He's done so many great things for that team but he can be an embarrassment too. Sometimes his remarks are pretty disrespectful. The Mavs are a classy crew and he should try to follow the team's lead.

ducks
09-29-2006, 02:37 PM
if wade is overtated then mavs really suck because he beat the mavs

Obstructed_View
09-29-2006, 03:29 PM
Overrated Player > Mavericks.

fatside
10-01-2006, 12:39 PM
I think Cuban is ahead of us. He is just getting ready for next season; he probably believes that they will play Miami for the NBA championship. Just as he wanted to sell some tickets for talking bad about the Spurs, now he probably wants to start a rivalry with NBA champions, Miami Heat. One thing that I have learned about Cuban is that he is more than lucky; I listened to some of his blogs, and this guy is really intelligent. He disrespects Wade, starts the rivalry now, and everyone wants to see the championship, Wade vs. Cuban. I think this is only the beginning of his remarks against the champions.

Zunni
10-01-2006, 01:30 PM
Mark Cuban is a perfect example of "better lucky than good". He had one good idea during arguably THE boom time in the history of the American economy, and people think he's Christ on a stick. Cuban doesn't know much about anything, but he's rich, so he gets a platform. Hey Mark: Wade's team didn't collapse from a 3-1 lead in the finals. Most overrated player = Dirk Nowitski.

Trainwreck2100
10-01-2006, 04:35 PM
Anyone remember that on Letterman the night before Finals game 3 he said that the rules changes he helped to bring makes it easier for player like Dirk, Lebron and DWANYNE WADE. To score, and that it was better for the game.

td4mvp21
10-01-2006, 04:38 PM

:lol :tu

windboy226
10-03-2006, 01:02 AM
Mark Cuban is a perfect example of "better lucky than good". He had one good idea during arguably THE boom time in the history of the American economy, and people think he's Christ on a stick. Cuban doesn't know much about anything, but he's rich, so he gets a platform. Hey Mark: Wade's team didn't collapse from a 3-1 lead in the finals. Most overrated player = Dirk Nowitski.

Sorry...He may be annoying as heck to the fans of other teams and David Stern but he's certainly not just some dumbass who lucked into his fortune. Even before Broadcast.com he built up another company and sold it for over a million dollars and was smart enough to know the market to lock in his shares of Yahoo when everyone else expected "THE boom time" to go on for years. He was way ahead of his time with HDNet and has a production company that made Syriana which was nominated for an Oscar. People can hate on Mark Cuban for being egotisical, annoying, and a loudmouth but he's an astute businessman who's worked hard for his success-not some schmuck who "doesn't know much about anything".

Douche
10-03-2006, 01:16 AM

:tu :tu :tu

~~Ice Man 2000~~
10-03-2006, 02:59 PM
Wade is overrated though....

sandman
10-03-2006, 05:30 PM
Sorry...He may be annoying as heck to the fans of other teams and David Stern but he's certainly not just some dumbass who lucked into his fortune. Even before Broadcast.com he built up another company and sold it for over a million dollars and was smart enough to know the market to lock in his shares of Yahoo when everyone else expected "THE boom time" to go on for years. He was way ahead of his time with HDNet and has a production company that made Syriana which was nominated for an Oscar. People can hate on Mark Cuban for being egotisical, annoying, and a loudmouth but he's an astute businessman who's worked hard for his success-not some schmuck who "doesn't know much about anything".

And he knows how to make one hell of a DQ Blizzard from what I hear as well.

Mixability
12-01-2006, 10:43 AM
Update: While surfing the channels, I saw Donald Trump on the Big Idea on CNBC and he was blasting Cuban, saying he's a loser and always will be. Donald's is a pompous fool, but it was nice for a big shot like him to agree with Spurs fans.

Not a direct quote, but when asked about what he thinks about Cuban and the Mavs.

"There are some winners in the world and he's just not one of them. The Mavericks will never go anywhere with him in charge."

:lmao

RonMexico
12-01-2006, 10:50 AM
Too bad I've lost all respect for the Donald as he's started bleeding millions out of his business ventures - can't argue with his past success though and he's right about the Mavs never going anywhere

LEONARD
12-01-2006, 11:12 AM
Cuban has been pretty quiet this year...

Probably shouldn't have said that about Wade though...he's genius otherwise...

tlongII
12-01-2006, 11:39 AM
Wade is overrated. I've seen some in the media call him the best player in the NBA. He's a great player, but he's not nearly the best in the league.

Mixability
12-01-2006, 12:10 PM
ivanka was on also if any of you watch the rerun.

mmmmmmmmmm

Phenomanul
12-01-2006, 12:21 PM
Kobe >>> (Lebron, Melo, Wade)

dirk4mvp
12-01-2006, 04:28 PM
Too bad I've lost all respect for the Donald as he's started bleeding millions out of his business ventures - can't argue with his past success though and he's right about the Mavs never going anywhere

Shit your shit up.

Mavs will win a ring before the Suns will.

True.

Dirk41MVP
12-01-2006, 04:50 PM
Correction:

Overrated Player + Referees + Stern + Stu Jackson and his suspensions >>> Mavericks.

LEONARD
12-01-2006, 06:13 PM
Correction:

Overrated Player + Referees + Stern + Stu Jackson and his suspensions >>> Mavericks.

LOL...

From one Mavs fan to another...STFU!! :lol

Dirk41MVP
12-01-2006, 06:36 PM
you STFU fellatio face.

leemajors
12-01-2006, 08:42 PM
just saw cubes on PTI - his goatee is awful. looks like he just got done tossing a salad.

RonMexico
12-02-2006, 04:13 AM
just saw cubes on PTI - his goatee is awful. looks like he just got done tossing a salad.

I'm drunk, but I'm calling that the best post of 2006 - and P.S. Dirk4MVP - stop posting before your pussy engulfs your entire body - I want you around when Amare jizzes in Dirk's eyes and ruins all two of his retinas - although the officials would make you think he has more than two based on the amount of times he rolls his ankle over MVPs' feet and gets to the FT line.

Dalhoop
12-02-2006, 09:27 AM
Speaking of Cuban ... Has he been working out or what. I guess if you buy the gym you may as well use it.

SpursWillOwn
12-02-2006, 10:03 AM
stop playin the "Referees + Stern + Stu Jackson and his suspensions " card its getting old.. it's just overated player>>>>mavs face it.

Obstructed_View
12-03-2006, 03:37 AM
stop playin the "Referees + Stern + Stu Jackson and his suspensions " card its getting old.. it's just overated player>>>>mavs face it.
I suppose the correct way to word it is like this:

Mavericks <<<<<<< pressure situation

Trainwreck2100
12-03-2006, 06:13 AM
It was a pretty sad choke job, when you think about it, a German invented the Heimlich maneuver, and another German could have used it. Dirk didn't do his countryman proud

dirk4mvp
12-03-2006, 10:02 AM
I'm drunk, but I'm calling that the best post of 2006 - and P.S. Dirk4MVP - stop posting before your pussy engulfs your entire body - I want you around when Amare jizzes in Dirk's eyes and ruins all two of his retinas - although the officials would make you think he has more than two based on the amount of times he rolls his ankle over MVPs' feet and gets to the FT line.

Dirk>>>>>>>Amare Even you're nut gobbling ass should be able to see that. As long as Amare doesn't blow him a kiss like another one of the faggots on your team, Dirk should at least keep his points under 40. :fro

Has the pussiest coach in the league announced when y'all were gonna start playing defense?

PaceMonster
12-03-2006, 01:07 PM
:clap Thanks, Mark Cuban, you always find a way to motivate Dwyane Wade....i really appreciate it