PDA

View Full Version : Keep off our side!

Yonivore
09-29-2006, 08:17 PM
That must be the Democrats' reaction to the new videotape by al Qaeda number two Ayman al-Zawahiri. Much as Osama bin Laden's video, released just before the 2004 election, embarrassed Democrats' by its close tracking with their talking points as articulated in Fahrenheit 9/11, down to My Pet Goat, Zawahiri's latest shows a keen awareness of the Democrats' election themes. I haven't been able to find a full transcript, but this site has a little more information than most:

To U.S. President George W. Bush, Zawahiri brands him a "deceitful charlatan" and liar, and questions: “why don't you tell them how many million citizens of America and it's allies you intend to kill in search of the imaginary victory and in breathless pursuit of the mirage towards which you are driving your people’s sons in order to increase your profits?”
No blood for oil!

He questions his motives for initating the War in Iraq, ridiculing the false prexets under which it was conducted. To this end he cites the purported links of Saddam Hussein to al-Qaeda, and the presence of weapons of mass destruction. He also addresses the capture of Khalid Shaikh Muhammad and questions that if it helped in the "war on terror" then “why are your troops retreating in secret from the south and east of Afghanistan?
The video also includes a reference to the "secret prisons" whose existence has been acknowledged by the administration.

It's interesting to think about the possible explanations for the fact that al Qaeda's leaders believe that their most effective public relations strategy is to repeat the Democratic Party's talking points.

Guru of Nothing
09-29-2006, 08:28 PM
haha, Yoni uses the expression "talking points" as though ...... as though monkey poo tastes good.

Yonivore
09-29-2006, 08:30 PM
haha, Yoni uses the expression "talking points" as though ...... as though monkey poo tastes good.
I'll take that as an inability to refute.

As I said in another thread, I'm increasingly amazed at how much the public statements of al Qaeda are starting to look like the public statements of the Democratic party and how much the private correspondence between terrorists are starting to reflect the realities of the war as stated by Republicans.

Guru of Nothing
09-29-2006, 08:32 PM
I'll take that as an inability to refute.

As I said in another thread, I'm increasingly amazed at how much the public statements of al Qaeda are starting to look like the public statements of the Democratic party and how much the private correspondence between terrorists are starting to reflect the realities of the war as stated by Republicans.

Sincerely, I read approximately 4% of the text you post; call it "inability" if you want.

I call it a gift.

boutons_
09-29-2006, 08:37 PM
Not only the Democratic party, who are listening to their voters as closely as Repugs listen to their voters, but a lot of apolitical, non-partisan adults in the USA and around the world have come to their own conclusions and observations about the current poo scoop of Repugs, and the havoc they have visited on Iraq, on USA's relations with the world, and America's founding principles.

You're a fucking joke, Yoni, but I admire your continued, energy as your right-wing/Repug ship slips beneaths the waves.

Yonivore
09-29-2006, 09:12 PM
Sincerely, I read approximately 4% of the text you post; call it "inability" if you want.

I call it a gift.
Some call it A.D.D. or just a short attention span. Commenting on text after reading on 4% is not a gift.

PixelPusher
09-29-2006, 09:27 PM
Some call it A.D.D. or just a short attention span. Commenting on text after reading on 4% is not a gift.

It's the same "gift" Bush utilitzes to plow through 60 books he claims he's read.