PDA

View Full Version : Ian question

djohn14
09-30-2006, 07:40 PM
Can someone tell me how long his contract is with his Euro team?

Leetonidas
09-30-2006, 07:46 PM
1 year

Bruno
10-01-2006, 03:07 AM
It's not sure that Mahinmi will sign with Spurs next summer. Pau's coach has said that he will stay 1 or 2 years in europe before going in nba: it will depend on how he improves his play.

djohn14
10-01-2006, 09:42 AM
Alright,thanks.I was just making sure it wasn't a 4 year deal or anything.

ducks
10-01-2006, 09:45 AM
one other factor is how much weight he gains

BERSERK
10-01-2006, 10:04 AM
With the Spurs having signed a strength training coach to be with Ian daily, Ian will pick up some weight for the good of the team. Of course, we don't him to lose any speed in the process.

boutons_
10-01-2006, 10:48 AM
Ian will never be a thick player where weight is his big advantage.

There are plenty of heavy big men in the NBA who don't do shit, including use their weight to their advantage against lighter big men.

Weight is not a dominant factor in a big man's success, ask Kevin Garnett, or Bill Russell, or Dave Robinson.

Bruno
10-01-2006, 11:25 AM
I was just making sure it wasn't a 4 year deal or anything.

You don't have to worry about that. Mahinmi isn't in the same case at all than Scola, Pau (his team) seems to have a very good relationship with Spurs :
- Spurs have send a physical trainer and he is working with all the team (not only with Mahinmi).
- Pau's coach is an assistant coach for Spurs during summer league. I wouldn't be surprised if he makes some scouting report on Mahinmi for Spurs' staff.
- Everybody in Pau's staff from the owner to the assitant coach say things like "our goal with Ian is to help him to become a nba player" or "Pau is just a step for Ian before the nba".

If Spurs thinks that Mahinmi is ready to play in nba next summer, they won't have a problem to sign him. I wouldn't be surprised if there were a clause in his contract saying that Pau and Le Havre will receive some money (up to $500K) from Spurs when Mahinmi will sign with Spurs.

picnroll
10-01-2006, 11:42 AM
Why is Mahinmi off to an unimpressive start with Pau?

Bruno
10-01-2006, 01:09 PM
Why is Mahinmi off to an unimpressive start with Pau?

Mahinmi has been quite bad with Pau for the first two games of the championship (first game 0pts/0rbds/3PF in 7 min, second game 7pts/4rbds/5PF in 24 min). You can find some reasons (or excuses ?) for these poor performances : he has had an injury during the training camp, new teammates, new coach, a lot of presure...

It's not a big deal since it's only 2 games and he will play around 60 games this year with Pau.