PDA

View Full Version : The Fallacy That is....

Mr Dio
09-30-2006, 09:56 PM
USC being ranked #3.

1) Beat a down ARK team that wasn't what it should've been.
2) Beat NEB @ LA, NEB then struggles mightily vs UNRANKED Kansas..Did SC beat a wet paper bag?
3) Struggles vs AZ
4) Struggles vs Wash St and ESCAPES with a win :lol

Marklar MM
09-30-2006, 10:08 PM
USC being ranked #3.

2) Beat NEB @ LA, NEB then struggles mightily vs UNRANKED Kansas..Did SC beat a wet paper bag?
3) Struggles vs AZ

It is USC man. Hopefully, with todays showing, they drop down like they should. Michigan should be higher then them.

Mr Dio
09-30-2006, 10:35 PM
1) Ohio St --> They've proven it.
2) Auburn --> Their D means games will be close.
3) Michigan --> Steamrolling the comp, unlike......
4) Florida --> Proved the current ranking unjust when they beat a good LSU team
5) USC --> I couldn't drop them any lower without a boatload of whining but I think LSU & UT would take them.

KewlKat00
10-01-2006, 04:44 AM
1) Ohio St --> They've proven it.
2) Auburn --> Their D means games will be close.
3) Michigan --> Steamrolling the comp, unlike......
4) Florida --> Proved the current ranking unjust when they beat a good LSU team
5) USC --> I couldn't drop them any lower without a boatload of whining but I think LSU & UT would take them.

1. i agree
2. i agree even though they had a close call, but it was a short week so
3. they look impressive, but cal(!) beat minnesota by more
4. good team, but they haven't beaten lsu yet
5. not an impressive showing today, but i will wait to see next week when hopefully jarrett and ellis are back

scott
10-01-2006, 10:01 AM
USC certainly hasn't had impressive wins over North Texas, Rice, Iowa State and Sam Houston, otherwise they'd be ranked waaaaaaaaaaaaay higher.

mookie2001
10-01-2006, 10:24 AM
Oregon

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-01-2006, 10:29 AM
Sigh...I really don't want this argument, but....

Strength of schedule (1 October)

USC - 4
Texas - 46

http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegefootball/polls/117

mookie2001
10-01-2006, 10:32 AM
neither dio or I were arguing that Texas should be 3, or that Texas had a harder schedule?

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-01-2006, 10:36 AM
neither dio or I were arguing that Texas should be 3, or that Texas had a harder schedule?

No, you didn't, but Dio is talking about USC "struggling" with teams that they should handle when UT is playing considerably weaker opponents and taking them out to the woodshed.

I'd be hard-pressed to say Dio doesn't have a little UT bias in his post.

mookie2001
10-01-2006, 10:44 AM
well for the dozenth time, the Ncaa added a 12th regular season game, nobody at texas wanted to play sam houston, the schedules were full and no dumbasses wanted to play texas in noncon play, rice we play frequently and is an old conference team, north texas we have played before and admittedly they suck cock, they also have had two of the ncaas div 1A leading rushers these last few years and shut our ass out in the second half a few years ago, we lost to #1, ok, and Iowa State is in our conference I really dont know what you want them to do about that, go compare the games ou, ATM, and Tech has played, and understand the NATURE of NONCONFERENCE PLAY is that teams beat up on lesser opponnents... consequently on saturday we play Oklahoma

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-01-2006, 10:49 AM
well for the dozenth time, the Ncaa added a 12th regular season game, nobody at texas wanted to play sam houston, the schedules were full and no dumbasses wanted to play texas in noncon play, rice we play frequently and is an old conference team, north texas we have played before and admittedly they suck cock, they also have had two of the ncaas div 1A leading rushers these last few years and shut our ass out in the second half a few years ago, we lost to #1, ok, and Iowa State is in our conference I really dont know what you want them to do about that, go compare the games ou, ATM, and Tech has played, and understand the NATURE of NONCONFERENCE PLAY is that teams beat up on lesser opponnents... consequently on saturday we play Oklahoma

I'll give you this.

UT (and the Big 12) has more balls taking the non-conference powerhouses.

LaMarcus Bryant
10-01-2006, 10:50 AM
I think USC is overrated as well. Florida should be higher than them, their defense was pretty amazing at times.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-01-2006, 10:54 AM
I think USC is overrated as well. Florida should be higher than them, their defense was pretty amazing at times.

I can't believe Florida can't pull even one first-place vote out of the new poll.

mookie2001
10-01-2006, 10:57 AM
I just dont see what theyve done since winning their third straight national championship last year?

Mr Dio
10-01-2006, 11:22 AM
No, you didn't, but Dio is talking about USC "struggling" with teams that they should handle when UT is playing considerably weaker opponents and taking them out to the woodshed.

I'd be hard-pressed to say Dio doesn't have a little UT bias in his post.

JB,
Anyone with half a pubic hair & 1 full ounce of common sense knows I'm Pro UT all the way.

I am not considering UT a top 5 team right now.
After they beat ou they should be considered a top 10 team even though ou is weaker this yr.
===
Now, onto the SUBJECT of the thread.

Touche KewlK, I meant to put Tenn vs LSU but @ that time of night, oh well, my mistake.

IMO SC HAS a team that could be top 3 right now.
They haven't played like it for 2 wks running.
How much longer do they deserve the #3?

I DON'T like Mich as a fan. NOT at all.
I'd say right now the Wolverines have an argument for being #3.

Marklar MM
10-01-2006, 11:54 AM
Top 6 in coaches poll are the same. No one moved.

KewlKat00
10-01-2006, 01:02 PM
Now, onto the SUBJECT of the thread.

Touche KewlK, I meant to put Tenn vs LSU but @ that time of night, oh well, my mistake.

IMO SC HAS a team that could be top 3 right now.
They haven't played like it for 2 wks running.
How much longer do they deserve the #3?

I DON'T like Mich as a fan. NOT at all.
I'd say right now the Wolverines have an argument for being #3.

ah, that was an impressive come from behind on the road win for florida. in a way, i am pulling for florida for leak. i don't understand how their fans can boo him.

as for sc, we've had a couple of slow weeks. lots of dropped passes. i'll give it a couple more weeks to see if the timing improves. unfortunately, i don't think asu will be a true test (seems their little qb fiasco has really backfired), but washington has made a huge improvement.

Mr Dio
10-02-2006, 11:29 AM
I don't think the PAC-10 sched is going to prepare SC for the ND or bowl games.
Not that they need to get up for the ND game with ND being a pretty good or pretty bad team week-to-week.

MajorMike
10-02-2006, 11:46 AM
Huh-huh... he said fallus.

Mr Dio
10-02-2006, 04:26 PM
Any sign of THE COWARD???

Not in any thread where it made a WRONG prediction that was just hilarious to begin with.

Mr Dio
10-02-2006, 06:12 PM
Just as I thought.... :lol

Mr Dio
10-02-2006, 06:32 PM
One less BITCH on the board I guess. :lol

Mr Dio
10-03-2006, 02:28 AM
Will SC cover this week???

Let REAL SC fans answer, not WANNBE Trojan fans.

KewlKat00
10-03-2006, 10:39 AM
i don't think we will cover. washington is much improved. and i think the spread is 21. not to mention that mcfoy is out and jarrett may still be out. it will be up to steve smith (again) and patrick turner (if he got the butterflies out). luckily we might have ellis back so that will greatly help our defense.

Mr Dio
10-03-2006, 01:59 PM
Turner is a beast in waiting.

Yeah, SC's D does need to get healthier but maybe not for a couple weeks will they really really need to be.

I really at this stage still stand by my orig post & don't think SC is a top 3 team, healthy or not.

kskonn
10-03-2006, 03:10 PM
I don't think the PAC-10 sched is going to prepare SC for the ND or bowl games.
Not that they need to get up for the ND game with ND being a pretty good or pretty bad team week-to-week.

I tend to agree with you about ND's incosistency. However, I think their schedule up to the USC game shout give them a chance to work on their consistency. The meat of their schedule is done and they should be able to go out and build some confidence up to the USC show down.

Mr Dio
10-03-2006, 03:28 PM
Disagree in what way?
That ND is or isn't consistent?

ND's 2006 Schedule
===============
09/02 at Ga Tech---------- W 14-10 <----Played Poorly, sluggish
09/09 #19 Penn State----- W 41-17 <----- AWESOME
09/16 #11 Michigan-------- L 47-21 <----- POORLY
09/23 at Mich St---------- W 40-37 <----- Veryy Poor for 3.5 qtrs & then played like they did vs Penn St
09/30 Purdue-------------- W 35-21

Like I said, week to week ND is VERY inconsistent.
SC will either have a dogfight or a cakewalk when they play.

Mr Dio
10-03-2006, 03:46 PM
Which upcoming game will we see SC win by 24-28pts or more?

No Faggie COWARDS please, only True Trojan fans need respond please.

kskonn
10-03-2006, 04:50 PM
Disagree in what way?
That ND is or isn't consistent?

ND's 2006 Schedule
===============
09/02 at Ga Tech---------- W 14-10 <----Played Poorly, sluggish
09/09 #19 Penn State----- W 41-17 <----- AWESOME
09/16 #11 Michigan-------- L 47-21 <----- POORLY
09/23 at Mich St---------- W 40-37 <----- Veryy Poor for 3.5 qtrs & then played like they did vs Penn St
09/30 Purdue-------------- W 35-21

Like I said, week to week ND is VERY inconsistent.
SC will either have a dogfight or a cakewalk when they play.

I agreed they were inconsistent. I never disagreed.

ND remaining sched

Stanford
UCLA- could be tough but this does come after an off week.
Navy
North Carolina
Air force
Army
USC

I think the rest of their schedule should allow them to get some confidence and consistency. They played pretty well against Purdue. Their running game was the best it has been in a long time. Hopefully they continue to use the running game to set up the pass, it works well for them.

KewlKat00
10-04-2006, 12:16 AM
Which upcoming game will we see SC win by 24-28pts or more?

No Faggie COWARDS please, only True Trojan fans need respond please.

remaining games: uw, asu, @osu, @stanford, oregon, cal, nd, @ucla

out of those games, i honestly think asu will be the easiest. and throw in stanford and osu. uw has a good team that seems to be clicking now so i don't think it will be a blowout. obviously, oregon, cal, and nd will be tough games. and i don't see ucla being a blowout after last year's 66-19.

Mr Dio
10-04-2006, 05:25 PM
Might Pete C be aware that he can win the PAC-10 without his BIG DOGS & he is letting them get pretty close to 100% before bringing them back?
Would make sense. He knows the quality of his 2nd teamers.
Why risk his players now when he knows the "meat" of the sched is the last 3 games.

Mr Dio
10-05-2006, 03:05 PM
Well, this thread has def taken a turn for the better without MY BITCH around.
She (JGW) adds nothing of substance & the thread is actually better without her.

KewlKat00
10-05-2006, 03:25 PM
Might Pete C be aware that he can win the PAC-10 without his BIG DOGS & he is letting them get pretty close to 100% before bringing them back?

i doubt since we have had 23 players injured, but if we can weather this against washington and asu then we have a week off.

ellis is definitely back this week. jarrett is questionable. jeff byers will be out the rest of the season (having back surgery similar to booty's surgery in the spring). michael coleman is also out for the year after complications with his hip surgery (not a huge loss given the number of running backs).

johngateswhiteley
10-05-2006, 10:16 PM
USC being ranked #3.

3) Struggles vs AZ

...i only ask one favor. please don't tell USC they are overrated...i don't want them thinking they don't control their own destiny. nothing would hurt more than dio telling the Trojan team they should not be #2/#3 in the country, and then have a lesser season for it.

p.s. God gives us the ability to win...and...the ability to lose.

Mr Dio
10-06-2006, 01:39 PM
...i only ask one favor. please don't tell USC they are overrated...i don't want them thinking they don't control their own destiny. nothing would hurt more than dio telling the Trojan team they should not be #2/#3 in the country, and then have a lesser season for it.

Actually, as I've said before, I don't hate or dislike USC or TRUE Trojan fans. Kills ya don't it? :lol

===
===

p.s. God gives us(???, you're an ag son! :lol ) the ability to win...and...the ability to lose.

You can only wish to be a Trojan boy. :lol

johngateswhiteley
10-06-2006, 01:41 PM
you didn't even go to t.u., so piss off. btw, you give yourself too much credit...you don't bother me at all. i laugh at you, b/c the only thing constant with you is contradiction.

Mr Dio
10-06-2006, 05:14 PM
Holy Shit!!!, You are CORRECT FOR ONCE!
I didn't go to Trinity University.

Nahhhhhh, I didn't get under your skin.
You just avoided my threads to torture me, not because you're a MORON with ZERO Common Sense.

Mr Dio
10-06-2006, 05:31 PM
No just stay away no that you've been OWNED girl.