PDA

View Full Version : Another Chavez Thread

smeagol
10-01-2006, 08:14 AM
So the guy wants to be part of the UN Security Counsil.

Even though I support the UN, I can understand the frustration that some right-wing Americans have with that organism.

And the Argentine governemnt is supporting his candidacy???!!!!!!

Kirchner is a fucking embaracement!

Nbadan
10-02-2006, 04:11 PM
Check this out...

Venezuela President Hugo Chavez said Sunday he has received warnings from within the White House that the Bush administration is plotting to assassinate him or topple his left-leaning government.

DUH!!

Citing what he said were warnings from an alleged White House informant, Chavez told thousands of supporters at a campaign rally that President Bush has ordered him to be killed before he leaves office in 2008.

Bush ``has said that before he goes, Hugo Chavez shouldn't be the president of Venezuela,'' Chavez told the crowd. ``The president of the United States has said it, especially in recent days. What he doesn't know is that I have friends in the White House.''

The Venezuelan leader has claimed before that the U.S. government is out to kill him - allegations that U.S. officials deny.

Guardian (http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/story/0,,-6119116,00.html)

That'll drive the WH bat-shit crazy trying to find the mole. :lol

Yonivore
10-02-2006, 04:13 PM
Check this out...

Guardian (http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/story/0,,-6119116,00.html)

That'll drive the WH bat-shit crazy trying to find the mole. :lol
Glad to see you're entertained by the possibility of a foreign spy on the White House.

But, I doubt the White House is as concerned as you are elated.

ChumpDumper
10-02-2006, 04:34 PM
Dan's IP adress has been logged at Yoni's request.

clambake
10-02-2006, 04:36 PM
How do you know it's a spy? Maybe someone is re-examining their conscience.

xrayzebra
10-02-2006, 04:40 PM

Here we go again, a born again Christian is giving up Bush.
Hey that should make a good "Made for TV" movie theme.
:lol

Yonivore
10-02-2006, 04:46 PM
Well, only if you believe Hugo Chavez and the opposition party of the U. S. are of a like mind would it make sense for someone to reexamine their conscience and find they want to sell out to Venezuela.

What exactly would someone find in a reexamined conscience that would cause them to become a mole for the President of Venezuela? Because, if you believe the stories Hugo is attributing to his "spy" you're an idiot.

Do you seriously believe that if this administration were planning to assassinate Hugo Chavez it would have already been done?

xrayzebra
10-02-2006, 04:49 PM
^^Yoni, they live in "everlasting" hope. They have been caught
out on that limb so many times by BS reports of misdeeds that
they are more than likely saying: Please Lord, let this one be
true.......... :lol

clambake
10-02-2006, 05:14 PM
I don't believe the spy story. It was sarcasm. Your mind is clouded by trying to save face of the republican party. Very big shoes to fill this face saving business of yours. But does the truth matter? Chavez gets more applause than Bush. Your face saving business is booming.

Nbadan
10-02-2006, 05:27 PM
Statements like this make it harder to kill him, no doubt that there are plots. It like when they tried to assassinate Castro, over and over and over and over again, but no plot was ever successful. Then after the Bay of Pigs fiasco they finally eased up some on the attempts.

clambake
10-02-2006, 05:43 PM
How many times has a US President..... had a president from another country...... come to our country...... and trash them with such effectiveness?

RandomGuy
10-03-2006, 08:06 AM
How many times has a US President..... had a president from another country...... come to our country...... and trash them with such effectiveness?

I wouldn't call what Chavez did "effective". From what I have read, it actually hurt his chances of being on the security council because people finally have really seen how batshit insane he is.

I would also point out that his claim that he is the target of an assassination plot can only help win him support in his own country. Not to mention the obvious paranoia it represents.

As much as I dislike the guy and our administration, I highly doubt such a claim is real. I don't doubt for a second that the possibility wasn't raised at some point in some meeting, but was probably dismissed as quickly as it was brought up.

turambar85
10-03-2006, 08:13 AM
Say what you want about him, sane or not, but I respect the guy because verbally attacking Bush and the U.S is not the most self-preserving life choice.

DarkReign
10-03-2006, 08:24 AM
Say what you want about him, sane or not, but I respect the guy because verbally attacking Bush and the U.S is not the most self-preserving life choice.

No offense, but thats not even remotely true. There is only one Tony Blair, the rest of the world basically hates and admits it outloud almost daily. Elections are won and lost every month around the globe on some foreign politicians stance on America.

Hating America isnt only popular, its mandatory.

turambar85
10-03-2006, 08:41 AM
No offense, but thats not even remotely true. There is only one Tony Blair, the rest of the world basically hates and admits it outloud almost daily. Elections are won and lost every month around the globe on some foreign politicians stance on America.

Hating America isnt only popular, its mandatory.

Well, there is a difference in hating from afar and doing so in a general manner, and being right in Bush's backyard and calling him Satan.

Its not just Hugos words, but his actions that put him at some level of risk.

Especially when you consider that we consider Latin America to be America II.

We have a long history of affecting and changing South American leaders and policy.

Spurminator
10-03-2006, 09:03 AM
Some people's respect sure is easily earned around here.

If I stood on Capitol Hill and dropped trou would I earn your respect too?

101A
10-03-2006, 09:26 AM
Well, there is a difference in hating from afar and doing so in a general manner, and being right in Bush's backyard and calling him Satan.

Damn near every actor in hollywood, Howard Dean, Al Sharpton, Dan, Boutons, etc...etc...etc..

What is your point?

I can't remember a president who has been so reviled as this one. He is hated here, abroad - it is absolutely CHIC to come up with some conspiracy theory with Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld at the top orchestrating world events for money, power, domination; no matter how outrageous, it gets play.

They orchestrated 9/11 is considered a possibility, they got us into Iraq for oil money; hell, that's a GIVEN anymore, isn't it? Any type of person who tries to defend the adminstration AT ALL is a complete and utter ignorant apologist.

You want to respect someone whose politics you don't agree with because they fly in the face of opinion or being comfortable? Try respecting your President for that - despite the opionion of the ENTIRE FREAKING WORLD, and historically low approval numbers in THIS country he continues to do what HE thinks is right. Whether you agree with him or not, and for the vast majority it is "NOT", you have to admit he has the courage of his convictions.

Chavez? Moonbat dictator strongman enjoying his time on the world stage. Respect HIM? Hell no, I won't.

turambar85
10-03-2006, 09:50 AM
And yet there are assassination attempts on guys like Castro, yet Alec Baldwin is left alone. There is a large difference in a petty American citizen, and a dictator in Americas backyard. Especially when we like to keep our backyard very neat and tidy.

turambar85
10-03-2006, 09:55 AM
We could always decide to "liberate" Venezualas people, we aren't going to "liberate" Alec Baldwins family......

101A
10-03-2006, 10:28 AM
And yet there are assassination attempts on guys like Castro, yet Alec Baldwin is left alone. There is a large difference in a petty American citizen, and a dictator in Americas backyard. Especially when we like to keep our backyard very neat and tidy.

According to sources, the US wasn't sure about its ability to assissinat OBL - this is not the early 60's, Chavez doesn't REALLY fear the CIA hitting him.

As for liberating Venez...in this atmosphere? With the US in both Afghan and Iraq - N. Korea making nuclear noise, Iran being Iran??? Ain't no way in hell we go attackin Venez freaking zueala! Oh, yeah, Chavez is SOOOO brave!

RandomGuy
10-03-2006, 10:06 PM

As much as the left would wish otherwise, the US isn't quite as imperialist as it used to be.