PDA

View Full Version : How Long Will Albert Haynesworth Be Suspended?

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-01-2006, 01:55 PM
On that kick to the face to Andre Gurode. That was EXTREMELY uncalled for. :flipoff I say 4 games and I wouldn't be surprised if Fisher suspends Haynesworth himself. What a fag.

Dre_7
10-02-2006, 05:55 AM
Personally, I think he should be out for the rest of the year.

Albert Haynesworth
10-02-2006, 08:21 AM
well our team was starting to fall apart, so i wanted to provide a little 'kick' to get us going again. i guess i shouldnt have done it in that way. hehehehehehehehe :rolleyes :oops

Jimcs50
10-02-2006, 08:23 AM
6 games...till midseason

Albert Haynesworth
10-02-2006, 08:23 AM
but seriously i dont think a suspension is necessary :fro

kskonn
10-02-2006, 08:55 AM
well ESPN reported that fisher personally aologized to parcells and told him if the leauge did not adress the situation properly that he would.

Pistons < Spurs
10-02-2006, 10:40 AM
2 games

nickbroken
10-02-2006, 12:53 PM
I say should be for the rest of the year, as much as I hate the Cowpies, that was really weak shit. I think he will get 4 form the league and another 4 from Fisher, maybe a 50-100k fine, is about it.

Horry For 3!
10-02-2006, 03:37 PM
He got suspended 5 games by the NFL

Pistons < Spurs
10-02-2006, 03:54 PM
Haynesworth suspended for unprecedented five games

The NFL has handed down a lengthy five-game suspension to Tennessee Titans defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth for kicking Dallas Cowboys center Andre Gurode in the head.

That length of suspension represents the biggest on-field disciplinary action in league history. Charles Martin holds the current high for a suspension, sitting two games for his bodyslam of Bears quarterback Jim McMahon on Nov. 23, 1986.

"This is an unprecedented suspension. I feel like his actions on the field were also unprecented," Titans coach Jeff Fisher said.

The coach indicated that Haynesworth would not appeal the decision.

"I felt there needed to be some serious action taken from a discipline standpoint, and I think what the league has done now is adequate."

The suspension will cost Haynesworth $38,014 per game, or one-seventeenth of his 2006 base salary of $646,251.

"I apologize to Andre," Haynesworth said Sunday. "What I did was disgusting. It's something that should never happen. I mean, I'm not a dirty player. I don't play dirty. I have respect for the game. What I feel like is I disgraced the game, disgraced my team and disgraced my last name."

Julius Jones had just scored on a 5-yard run, putting Dallas up 20-6 in what wound up as a 45-14 victory. Gurode's helmet came off, and Haynesworth, standing over him, used his right foot to kick Gurode in the head.

Gurode said they hadn't been talking or having any exchanges that led to Haynesworth kicking him twice. He received stitches above his forehead and beneath his eye.

"In all my years of football, this has never happened to me. I've never been kicked in the face like this, and I've never seen anybody kick nobody else in the face," Gurode said.

Albert Haynesworth
AP Photo/ John Russell
"What I did was disgusting," the Titans' Albert Haynesworth said of his stomp on Cowboys center Andre Gurode's face.

A flag was thrown, and Haynesworth followed an official toward the Titans' sideline, protesting.

Haynesworth pulled off his helmet and slammed it to the ground, prompting another flag. Referee Jerome Boger disqualified Haynesworth, and the player walked off the field after talking briefly with Fisher.

"It's ridiculous to get to that point. Two back-to-back penalties like that, there's no place for it," Fisher said.

Gurode didn't play the rest of the second half.

"This vision was kind of blurry in my left eye," he said. "If it was clear, I would have tried to come back in to play."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2610577

Albert Haynesworth
10-02-2006, 04:21 PM
5 games? aw phooey :depressed

atleast i still get my paycheck so i will be laughing all the way to the bank.

ahahahahahhahahahahahahaahahaha

dirk4mvp
10-02-2006, 04:27 PM

Nothing to laugh about. Look who you play for.

bigdog
10-02-2006, 04:38 PM

actually,you're not getting paid for those 5 games,dumbass. haha

Horry For 3!
10-02-2006, 05:51 PM

Sorry guy, suspended 5 games without pay

dirk4mvp
10-02-2006, 06:22 PM
Damn, 5 games no pay and he plays for the Titans. :depressed

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-02-2006, 06:39 PM
:lol

Jimcs50
10-02-2006, 08:25 PM
Was off by 1 game.

ShoogarBear
10-02-2006, 10:10 PM
Sorry guy, suspended 5 games without payAin't that a kick in the head?

Andre Gurode
10-02-2006, 10:55 PM
well im not doing so well guys. i had a bad experience :depressed

my eye is half shut and i couldnt see the toilet seat today so i pissed all over the seat. when i bent down to wipe it up i fainted and my head went into the toilet and the acid from the urine dissolved repaired eye. and now i am blind in one eye and i smell like piss

RashoFan
10-04-2006, 07:46 PM
I think his career in the NFL should be over IMHO, but I think the NFL should have suspended him for the rest of the year and not 5 games. I heard that Mr. Haynesworth is remorseful, but what he did was intentional. He looked down at Mr. Gurode and then stomped on his head. Luckily Mr. Gurode was not blinded in the incident.

Zunni
10-04-2006, 08:22 PM
Stuff coming out from former teammates about attacks during practice. I have only two words to describe this:

'ROID RAGE

The first thing I would have done as NFL commissioner is make him piss in the cup for a steroid test. Then. I'd add that suspension on top of the attack one.

LEONARD
10-05-2006, 09:44 AM
Haynesworth said after the game that stomping on Andre Gurode's face wasn't "in his character."

A quick Google search shows this from SI.com

"November 2000 - As a sophomore at the University of Tennessee, Haynesworth was suspended for the first half of a game against Kentucky after he got mad at an offensive lineman during a practice, left the field and returned with a long pole. Coach Phillip Fulmer stepped in before anyone was injured. (way too target rich an environment there so I won't even try)

"August 2003 - Haynesworth was stopped during a drill in training camp by center Justin Hartwig, then kicked Hartwig in the chest.

"Dec 28, 2003 - Haynesworth was deactivated for a game after he became upset during practice and threw a punch at offensive lineman Matt Martin before arguing with coach Jeff Fisher who ordered him off the field.

"May 12, 2006 - Haynesworth charged with reckless endangerment after another motorist complained he tried to run a car off the interstate. The charges were later dismissed after prosecutors declined to press the case. Haynesworth claimed he was a victim of road rage and was trying to get out of the way."

Right...