LaMarcus Bryant
10-01-2006, 02:53 PM
http://www.thinkandask.com/images/trainwreck.gif

Trainwreck2100
10-01-2006, 03:23 PM
bucha fuckin losers is what they are

T Park
10-01-2006, 05:04 PM
If your an Astros fan thats a pathetic attitude.

The run they made to even make it somewhat close was amazing.

How about applauding their effort for making it that close.

Trainwreck2100
10-01-2006, 05:08 PM
If your an Astros fan thats a pathetic attitude.

The run they made to even make it somewhat close was amazing.

How about applauding their effort for making it that close.

They sucked this year except for three weeks, they blew too many games, and when they had their destiny somewhat in their hands, they blew that too.

T Park
10-01-2006, 05:16 PM
They never had anything in their hands.

The game today, they lost it before they played.

No more good pitchers, I mean Sampson did a great job, but he did more than expected, one run was unearned and totally not his fault,

Applaud the Astros.

The additions this offseason, steroid boys Clemens and Pettie coming back. Oswalt, im sure the AAA will yield 2 great rotation guys.

The Astros will be back next year better than this year.

Especially if they get Carlos Lee and or Luis Gonzalez.

Extra Stout
10-01-2006, 07:08 PM
Gotta give you credit T Park, you have a sunny attitude even about the Cards' rivals.

leemajors
10-01-2006, 07:51 PM
i just hope uncle drayton and purpura don't see their great finish as an excuse to remain static with the lineup - stros MUST add another power bat.

T Park
10-01-2006, 08:25 PM
Gotta give you credit T Park, you have a sunny attitude even about the Cards' rivals.

The Astros have surpassed the Cubs as the biggest rivals, but I like the Astros.

Lance Berkman is my favorite player outside of the Cardinals, and I have NOTHING but respect for em.

I think the over the top Karl Maloneesque retirement number 5000000 was annoying.

But I like Pettitte, I like Garner's hang it out there style.
Oswalt is a bitch to play against.

The Astros if they add about 2 bats, and a couple rotation guys, will challenge the Cards again.

Hopefully the Cards retool the bully AGAIN, and add a couple rotation guys replacing Marquis.

It would be nice to plug Carlos Lee in left, JuanE in center and Duncan in right :)

BUMP
10-01-2006, 11:33 PM
well you can say Braves got revenge for what the Astros had done to them in the past couple of years. the Braves just wouldnt let them have a chance...

MajorMike
10-02-2006, 08:39 AM
I'd say bring Matty back. He made a REAL great career move going for the money in SF.

You think about it, if Mulder comes back healthy, and he should, bring back Matty and our top 3 would be Carp, Mulder and Matty Mo. That'll rival most team's top 3.

Edmonds' team option will not be picked up and Marquis already has his house packed.

IX_Equilibrium
10-02-2006, 09:07 AM
I'd say bring Matty back. He made a REAL great career move going for the money in SF.

You think about it, if Mulder comes back healthy, and he should, bring back Matty and our top 3 would be Carp, Mulder and Matty Mo. That'll rival most team's top 3.

Edmonds' team option will not be picked up and Marquis already has his house packed.

You try to perfect the feat watching a whole 9 innings with a dick in your mouth. Which is why you don't know shit.

MajorMike
10-02-2006, 09:41 AM
Wow. I didn't know they taught 9-year olds such language.

CubanMustGo
10-02-2006, 10:56 AM
Cripes, if the Astros "suck" then what do the Rangers do?

Suck always, I guess.

T Park
10-02-2006, 12:09 PM
and he should, bring back Matty and our top 3 would be Carp, Mulder and Matty Mo. That'll rival most team's top 3

No thanks on Morris.

Just let it be Carpenter, Suppan, Reyes, FA pitcher, Weaver.

Leave Wainwright as the closer. His stats facing players second and third times around is not good.

Hes a perfect closer. Throws gas AND has an absolutely filthy curveball.

MajorMike
10-02-2006, 01:34 PM
I guess Mulder won't be back, I didn't realize he was in the final year of his Oakland extension. Walt will not resign him. If you are counting on Suppan to be our #2 man, you might as well throw in the towel now.

Doubtful we will get a big FA, as no big name will want to compete with Carp for the #1 job.

Right now, the only guys under contract are Carp, Reyes and Wainwright. As far as I know, Suppan is a FA as well. Either way, the club needs to come up with at least two starters. I'm not really seeing the pieces for a good trade. The free agent market bears all sorts of projects and mid-level guys. Wade Miller may have something left as a finesse pitcher. Kip Wells still has potential. Mark Redman would probably love to return to the NL. The Ramon Ortizes, Miguel Batistas, and Tony Armas Jrs need homes. The fan base will probably revolt if Jocketty doesn't acquire someone a little better than that, though. Someone like Gil Meche, Vicente Padilla, Mark Buehrle, or Ted Lilly. In my crystal ball I see a lowball offer for Jason Schmidt and a Plan B three-year deal for one of the above as the #2. Taking someone as a project is Duncan's specialty. Weaver won't be back, because he hasn't bought into what Duncan preaches.

Edmonds is out, so we need a CF. If you go with Encarnacion to center, you really need some defense in right. That means Jose Guillen or Trot Nixon. The more conventional approach would be to sign one of these guys - probably Gary Matthews Jr. or Dave Roberts - to replace Edmonds in center.

Belliard hasn't been offered a contract extension yet... and he might not if he wants too much. I think the Cards will either re-up Belliard or snag a scrappy Mark Loretta/Adam Kennedy type.

Duncan will be an everyday player in LF.

Everyone in the pen is back, but it is a wreck. I would hope Jocketty learned from the Looper signing: find your relievers somewhere else. You'd hate to see another three-year deal for the likes of Jamie Walker, Danys Baez, Darren Oliver, or Russ Springer. Such a move would not surprise me, however.

Right now, we have only around 70 Mil tied up for 07 and 06's payroll is 89 Mil. By and large, Walt has made many brilliant decisions as GM. He's leaned toward affordable finesse pitchers and it's mostly worked. He likes to trade young talent for proven vets. He practices "buy low" strategies to much success.

leemajors
10-02-2006, 02:03 PM
i don't think miller is a risk the card would want to take - he has had numerous arm injuries. before he started getting hurt he was great, but he has been a total bust since those first 2 injuries. i don't know if texas would let matthews go either, he had a heck of a breakout season but he is 30 already i believe.

T Park
10-03-2006, 01:20 AM
I wish the Cardinals could replace Edmonds with a Gary Matthews type.

But damn, a 30 year old whos been decent before this year suddenly breaks out for a career year in his contract year?

Tooo eery.

MajorMike
10-03-2006, 08:59 AM
I bet Edmonds ends up a strobe.