PDA

View Full Version : Random Texas Thoughts

Cant_Be_Faded
10-01-2006, 07:17 PM
Secondary looks weak. Mad weak. Porous as a sponge.

D-Line looks dominant. Mad dominant. Frank He-Mann Okam is drawing double teams constantly and making O-linemen shiver like fightin aggs.

Colt McCoy throws passes so accurate and laser-like that they have an equal chance of either bouncing off the receiver's chest or being completed. How many perfectly thrown dropped passes can a QB stomach? If he were a senior he'd be ripping his team a new asshole.

Derek Lokey is a beast and I love seeing him as a lead blocker. He's like He-Mann jr.

If we fumble inside the 5 yard line against OU its going to be tough. The inefficiency in the red zone is probably the most dissapointing thing yet. But we will never be as efficient as other perennial powerhouses because Greg Davis is and always will be the stupidest asshole at the helm of any major school team's offense. Who the fuck is going to stop our jumbo package in short yard situations? Oh--thats right, if we go for a risky option play we're liable to stop ourselves.

Our secondary still has horrible hands. We're gonna get takeaway opportunities against OU but I highly doubt we'll capitalize.

The depth at DE on our team is amazing.

I also loved how noone knew Muckelroy got surgery until right before the ISU game. This dude has a speed burst like no other, and always seemed to track down his man for a quick tackle, some for loss. We're gonna miss him against OU.

Last but not least, Limas sweed is a BEAST. This motherfucker is bad news bears for any team that has to defend him. He's stretching for extra yardage with ease, and shaking off tackles to boot. The quick hit to Sweed on the sideline is a bread and butter play this season.

LaMarcus Bryant
10-01-2006, 08:58 PM
My friend mookie used to make posts like this, except he'd always talk about greener grass and don walsler, etc.

NorCal510
10-01-2006, 10:16 PM
texas is weak

mookie2001
10-02-2006, 12:24 AM
Secondary looks weak. Mad weak. Porous as a sponge.

D-Line looks dominant. Mad dominant. Frank He-Mann Okam is drawing double teams constantly and making O-linemen shiver like fightin aggs.

Colt McCoy throws passes so accurate and laser-like that they have an equal chance of either bouncing off the receiver's chest or being completed. How many perfectly thrown dropped passes can a QB stomach? If he were a senior he'd be ripping his team a new asshole.

Derek Lokey is a beast and I love seeing him as a lead blocker. He's like He-Mann jr.

If we fumble inside the 5 yard line against OU its going to be tough. The inefficiency in the red zone is probably the most dissapointing thing yet. But we will never be as efficient as other perennial powerhouses because Greg Davis is and always will be the stupidest asshole at the helm of any major school team's offense. Who the fuck is going to stop our jumbo package in short yard situations? Oh--thats right, if we go for a risky option play we're liable to stop ourselves.

Our secondary still has horrible hands. We're gonna get takeaway opportunities against OU but I highly doubt we'll capitalize.

The depth at DE on our team is amazing.

I also loved how noone knew Muckelroy got surgery until right before the ISU game. This dude has a speed burst like no other, and always seemed to track down his man for a quick tackle, some for loss. We're gonna miss him against OU.

Last but not least, Limas sweed is a BEAST. This motherfucker is bad news bears for any team that has to defend him. He's stretching for extra yardage with ease, and shaking off tackles to boot. The quick hit to Sweed on the sideline is a bread and butter play this season.secondary has been banged up, the twins are hurtin, plus it is important for chykie brown and beasley to get playing time because ross and brown are seniors, brown looked HORRIBLE vs ISU

DEs are deep, aaron lewis is a playmaker and he can play DT well too, havent seen much of eddie jones this year

IF limas continues to catch 1-2 TDs, makes a key grab against OU, Tech or Nebraska, and texas wins out (goes to sugar bowl are some shit) he could very well win the Heisman Trophy or at least go to the ceremony

what texas needs to DO to win on offense, stick to the run, use a fullback, play like a high school team for whole drives, let colt throw short to medium accurate passes, give limas, quan or pittman a few shots on some 60 yard bombs a game, texas should be fine, what will get them in trouble penalties, fumbles naturally... Davis trying to out fox whoever by zone reading it on 3rd and 1, --it pisses me off football is the simplest sport, yet these rich ass neocons running the show try to earn their millions by calling plays that make no sense at all

on D they just have to tackle peterson, if he gains 11 yards fine, just tackle him,they dont need 8 in the box, just run some stunts, paul thompson will make mistakes and will likely get bomared

NoMoneyDown
10-02-2006, 07:17 AM
what texas needs to DO to win on offense, stick to the run,

Bingo! To me, this is one of the major reasons they lost to Ohio State (aside from the Pittman fumble and Ginn TD right before halftime). Texas was running all over tOSU in that game and each time Robinson decided to do a short pass, the drive would stall. I realize McCoy needs to get experience throwing the ball, but you also need to stick with what's working, too.

Ballcox
10-02-2006, 12:52 PM
I think the secondary will come around more as the season progresses. We did lose two outstanding secondary guys in Huff and Griffin and I think we're feeling their loss in the secondary at this time. I do like the potential of Beasley, he's getting consistent minutes in the nickel package covering the slot and is even lining up on the outside as well. That kid has mad speed and will be a fixture in the secondary for years to come, hopefully C. Brown and R. Joseph can also step up and contribute to the play of the secondary.

I was VERY disappointed with Melton, how can this guy not rush for over 100 yds. against SH State? He looked tentative and unsure when running the ball. I remember one run where he broke to the outside and then tried to use some fancy side step move against a CB and got tripped up, what the fuck is that!? Melton is BIG, real fucking BIG, just lower your damn shoulder and plant that sorry CB on his ass! Damn I hate seeing cute shit like that from a guy who should be running with power. Looking forward to the ou game this Saturday, should be a good one.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-02-2006, 06:10 PM
Melton is still coming along okay, but yeah I was dissapointed with his stats in that game too.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-04-2006, 06:03 PM
Derek Lokey has been dominating time at the second DT position. He's "doing everything right" coaches say.