PDA

View Full Version : So this is Arizona, huh?

AlamoSpursFan
10-01-2006, 11:11 PM
Greetings from Casa Grande, AZ, y'all!

:elephant

Now if I can just find our damn plant here so I can get some fuel before I hit Kolly-Forneea.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-01-2006, 11:12 PM
Damnit, I want my chips!

Samurai Jane
10-01-2006, 11:23 PM
Greetings from Casa Grande, AZ, y'all!

:elephant

Now if I can just find our damn plant here so I can get some fuel before I hit Kolly-Forneea.

Hey! I just moved out here to Phoenix!

AlamoSpursFan
10-01-2006, 11:27 PM
Is traffic a total mess there, or should I take the I-8 bypass?

AlamoSpursFan
10-01-2006, 11:28 PM
Damnit, I want my chips!

Sorry dude...they gave the Tostitos load to another driver. I got Hot Cheetos.

:lol

Samurai Jane
10-01-2006, 11:41 PM
Is traffic a total mess there, or should I take the I-8 bypass?

Depends on the time of day. Avoid morning rush hour and about 3 to 7.

T Park
10-02-2006, 12:27 AM
Dont take I 8 into Cali.

Unless you like a steep grade downhill for about 8 or 12 miles....

AlamoSpursFan
10-02-2006, 08:21 AM
I think I'm gonna chance Phoenix, just so's I can say I been there longer than the time my plane back from Vegas landed there to let peeps on.

Thanks for the I-8 advice, T Park, but I'm going to Rancho Cucamonga, so I-8 into Cali would be a bit outta the way! There's an Arizona state hwy (85 I think?) that you pick up to go back to the 10 to avoid Phoenix.

dirk4mvp
10-02-2006, 03:34 PM
Get some water.

Zombie.
10-02-2006, 04:46 PM
Thanks for the I-8 advice, T Park, but I'm going to Rancho Cucamonga, so I-8 into Cali would be a bit outta the way!

But there are more Funnel cake stands on Tparks route :lol

T Park
10-02-2006, 05:23 PM
There are?

Or is that another childish cheap shot.

dirk4mvp.
10-02-2006, 06:49 PM
There are?

Kinda like when you talk down to others who are out of work cheap shot? Or when you call someone a moron or fuck head cheap shot? You have no problem making fun of others but as soon as someone makes fun of your fat carnie ass then all of a sudden it hurts?
Fuck off TPark! your not even supposed to be here remember?

tsb2000
10-02-2006, 06:52 PM
I think I'm gonna chance Phoenix, just so's I can say I been there longer than the time my plane back from Vegas landed there to let peeps on.

Thanks for the I-8 advice, T Park, but I'm going to Rancho Cucamonga, so I-8 into Cali would be a bit outta the way! There's an Arizona state hwy (85 I think?) that you pick up to go back to the 10 to avoid Phoenix.

What's in CG for you? That's pretty far away from the valley. If you make it into Scottsdale for whatever reason, pick up some cold ones and stop by. :)

I am Tom
10-02-2006, 06:56 PM
There are?

T park lecturing others on how to be treated at spurstalk is priceless :lmao
I wonder how much of that fat is blocking your brain cells sometimes.

AlamoSpursFan
10-02-2006, 09:45 PM
What's in CG for you? That's pretty far away from the valley. If you make it into Scottsdale for whatever reason, pick up some cold ones and stop by. :)

It's where I ran out of hours. I had planned on making it to the other side of Phoenix, but the fine DOT folks in New Mexico and Arizona had other plans for my available hours of service.

I was planning on stopping there at our Casa Grande plant (which I did) for fuel anyways.

I'll be heading back through AZ on I-40 if these folks here in Rancho Cucamonga ever get my trailer loaded...

Samurai Jane
10-03-2006, 12:17 PM

Hey TSB, I'm in Scottsdale right now!

tsb2000
10-03-2006, 05:20 PM
Yeah? You live here?

Samurai Jane
10-03-2006, 05:33 PM
Yeah? You live here?

Yeah, I just moved here almost 4 weeks ago.

Ocotillo
10-03-2006, 06:01 PM
There's an American worker, driving the highways and byways of this magnificent country of ours. 'sup ASF?

tsb2000
10-03-2006, 09:46 PM
Yeah, I just moved here almost 4 weeks ago.

Very cool! The Spurs will be here on Feb 1 to play the Suns. :)

How are you liking it here so far?

AlamoSpursFan
10-03-2006, 10:01 PM
I-40 through Arizona, especially around the Flagstaff area, is now my favorite road to drive on in any state not named Colorado. THAT was beautiful! And just before New Mexico, the perfect way to say good-bye...the Painted Cliffs. I dug AZ immensely. I will be coming back with fewer wheels and more time to spend ASAP!!!

And since I drove through Winslow, you KNOW I had to stop and stand on a corner...

Of course, the girl in the flatbed Ford didn't slow down, she tried to run my goofy-looking ass over...but at least I can say I did it!

AlamoSpursFan
10-03-2006, 10:02 PM
There's an American worker, driving the highways and byways of this magnificent country of ours. 'sup ASF?

Just ridin' and guidin', trying my best to keep the greasy side down and between the bar-ditches.

ATX Spur
10-03-2006, 10:15 PM
I-40 through Arizona, especially around the Flagstaff area, is now my favorite road to drive on in any state not named Colorado. THAT was beautiful! And just before New Mexico, the perfect way to say good-bye...the Painted Cliffs. I dug AZ immensely. I will be coming back with fewer wheels and more time to spend ASAP!!!

And since I drove through Winslow, you KNOW I had to stop and stand on a corner...

Of course, the girl in the flatbed Ford didn't slow down, she tried to run my goofy-looking ass over...but at least I can say I did it!

Haha how long did it take you to see a girl (my lord) in a flatbed Ford?

tsb2000
10-03-2006, 10:25 PM
The real question is: did you get your kicks? :lol

AlamoSpursFan
10-03-2006, 10:45 PM
I did, and since I'm in Gallup, NM, I still am!

Samurai Jane
10-04-2006, 11:02 AM
Very cool! The Spurs will be here on Feb 1 to play the Suns. :)

How are you liking it here so far?

Yeah, I hope to get tickets. Too bad they are only coming here once. Once I find a permanent place to stay I'm definitely looking into League Pass!!

I'm enjoying myself immensely. There's so much to do here! I do miss my husband, family, and friends though. I haven't found a good church to call home yet either.

Samurai Jane
10-04-2006, 11:04 AM

I'm glad you enjoyed your brief adventure in AZ. It certainly is a beautiful state. Next time you make your way out here, we'll all have to get together and have a margarita or something, although I'm told to avoid the Mexican food out here.. nothing like good ol' San Antonio Tex-Mex!

T Park
10-04-2006, 12:26 PM
Yeah I am as well now in Phoenix AZ.

Great town, great sports and sports bars.

Just so fucking hot. I think its gonna be 97 today and this weekend a cooling trend DOWN TO 91!!! :rolleyes

Why I40 though ASF, whatcho you gots against I 10 :)

BTW, what is your stop of choice, TA, Pilot, Flying J?

Samurai Jane
10-04-2006, 12:33 PM

Just so fucking hot. I think its gonna be 97 today and this weekend a cooling trend DOWN TO 91!!! :rolleyes

Coming from SA, where it's so humid and hot, I don't really think it's all that hot.

tsb2000
10-04-2006, 01:23 PM
I'm glad you enjoyed your brief adventure in AZ. It certainly is a beautiful state. Next time you make your way out here, we'll all have to get together and have a margarita or something, although I'm told to avoid the Mexican food out here.. nothing like good ol' San Antonio Tex-Mex!

Try Rosita's in Tempe- as good as anywhere in SA. I know- hard to believe...

You can shoot me a pm and I can tell you all about anywhere you want to find- churches, restaurants, etc. :)

Samurai Jane
10-04-2006, 03:25 PM
Try Rosita's in Tempe- as good as anywhere in SA. I know- hard to believe...

You can shoot me a pm and I can tell you all about anywhere you want to find- churches, restaurants, etc. :)

Really?? I'll have to keep that in mind for one of my cheat days.

Cool! Thanks!

Dream Weaver
10-04-2006, 03:52 PM

I heard your Huge in Phoenix AZ :lmao

AlamoSpursFan
10-04-2006, 11:43 PM

Now that I've been on I-40, I-10 blows!

Actually, my destination from RC was Lubbock, so I-40 was the logical choice. Nice of California's highway department to put a sign at the beginning of I-40 telling me that the end of the highway was 2,554 miles away. I guess they could afford it with all the money they saved by NOT PUTTING ANY FREAKING MILE MARKERS ON THE GOD DAMN HIGHWAY!

And my choice of truck stops usually depends on 2 things: available parking spots, and what grub do they have. Usually Pilots or Flying Hooks are the best, IMO.