PDA

View Full Version : Paino Udrih Strikes Again

timvp
10-02-2006, 01:44 AM
Horry, Udrih nursing injuries: While Parker, Duncan and Ginobili proclaim themselves to be in good health, not all of their teammates can say the same.

Robert Horry has some pain in his left Achilles' tendon and a sore right shoulder. Horry, who had trouble with the opposite shoulder last season, participated in only part of the morning workout before finishing it in his sandals on the sideline.

Beno Udrih is still recovering from a right hamstring injury he suffered a few weeks ago. He was limited to riding an exercise bike during practice.

Popovich doesn't expect either Horry or Udrih to play in the team's two exhibition games in France.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA100206.1D.spurs.2e77cdf.html

The Spurs really need to address their backup point guard need. Paino sucked in the summer and now he's already hurt. And honestly, he's not even a point guard to begin with.

As it stands, the second best point guard on the Spurs is Manu Ginobili.

Paino is coming into a do or die season for him personally and comes into camp injured ... again.

Weak.

ATX Spur
10-02-2006, 02:19 AM
And the third best is Brent Barry.

T Park
10-02-2006, 03:09 AM
Don't dare say something bad about him................

He needs time don't you know that!!!!!

Thats all we heard last year.

Unfortunately the market for backup point guards is now dried up and gone.

Jeff McInnis anyone?

No thanks on that peanut head.

He couldn't pass up Jacque Vaughn on the depth chart in New Jersey..

gospursgojas
10-02-2006, 03:19 AM
I've been saying since last year to give up on this scrub

Bruno
10-02-2006, 04:39 AM
Twisting a finger is one of the most common BB related injury.
As far as I know, it has no link with bad conditioning or lazyness, it's just bad luck. Blaming Beno for twisting his finger is weak.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-02-2006, 04:42 AM
Twisting a finger is one of the most common BB related injury.
As far as I know, it has no link with bad conditioning or lazyness, it's just bad luck. Blaming Beno for twisting his finger is weak.

Should we just keep this handy for the inevitable day when Beno twists his finger? I'm sure Tony Parker is feeling for Beno in his time of need.

Tony broke a finger and is in camp ready to go while Beno is learning training camp etiquette from Terrell Owens.

Bruno
10-02-2006, 04:54 AM
Tony broke a finger and is in camp ready to go while Beno is learning training camp etiquette from Terrell Owens.

Tony broke his finger siw weeks ago. If he had broken it at the end of the WC, he wouldn't be ready for the start of the training camp.
Tony was just lucky to get injured soon enough in the summer to be ready for the training camp, Beno hasn't this luck.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-02-2006, 04:59 AM
Tony was just lucky to get injured soon enough in the summer to be ready for the training camp, Beno hasn't this luck,his game, the city's fan support, ability to bring the ball upcourt without falling to a trap or an eight-second countdown, his tolerance for pain or his attractive girlfriend.

Fixed it for you.

Bruno
10-02-2006, 05:07 AM
Fixed it for you.

If you want, you can blame Beno for that.

It's just lame to blame him for this injury. And it's pointless to play in the training camp when you risk to aggravate an injury, even more than the "real" training camp will start when spurs will be back in SA.

Kori Ellis
10-02-2006, 05:17 AM
Tony was just lucky to get injured soon enough in the summer to be ready for the training camp, Beno hasn't this luck.

Or Beno isn't in shape and gets injured easily. *shrug*

I hope he comes into the season in great shape and tears it up. I want another young player getting minutes.

polandprzem
10-02-2006, 05:32 AM
Stop complaining.

We all know that the shape is not the issue in many cases. Some players are more injure prone.

We still have Tony, jaque, manu and Brent who could be at the point.

Bruno
10-02-2006, 06:00 AM
I'm not sure that Beno is really injury prone. For 2 years with Spurs, he has had :
- a knee injury during the 05 summer.
- an ankle sprain in april 06 (he missed two weeks).
- a hamstring injury during the 06 summer.

It's not that much and his injuries were minor.

Maybe Beno isn't as solid than Bowen, Duncan or Parker and won't be able to play 35mpg during a whole season, but Spurs don't ask him to do that. Beno just need to play 15mpg for 100 games/year and his rookie season has shown that his body can handle that.

Slo spurs fan
10-02-2006, 06:06 AM
Lame thread.

Kori Ellis
10-02-2006, 06:07 AM
In the summer Beno was drafted, he had a hand injury, an abdominal injury and a knee injury. Also in one of the seasons (I don't remember which), he had a shoulder injury where he was wearing some sort of brace under his uniform.

Kori Ellis
10-02-2006, 06:09 AM
Lame thread.

Why? The Spurs are expecting Beno to be the backup point guard. He needs to get in shape and stay healthy. Manu/Brent aren't the answer as the full-time backup point and you were the one complaining that Vaughn and the other bench players are too old.

So Beno needs to step up.

polandprzem
10-02-2006, 06:16 AM
Isn't that when you are not in the shape you can get into it in the middle of a season?

well IMO it should be easier, but what I've seen none of the spurs players improved during the season. Am I wrong?

timvp
10-02-2006, 06:20 AM
I'm not sure that Beno is really injury prone.

:lol

Bruno usually brings it but that's a funny line. Beno is so injury prone that Pop has gotten on his case for that very fact. Last season he said that he refuses to discuss a Beno injury.

Beno has been injury prone his whole basketball life. He's barely played on the Spurs and has been injured tons.

Tony Parker missed two games last season. What happens when Beno makes his first start?

Yep you guess it, he got injured.

The part that makes it unacceptable to the Spurs' brass is these are all pain threshold type injuries. These aren't injuries that make him physically unable to play.

timvp
10-02-2006, 06:35 AM
For 2 years with Spurs, he has had :
- a knee injury during the 05 summer.
- an ankle sprain in april 06 (he missed two weeks).
- a hamstring injury during the 06 summer.

You missed an injury or ten.

- June 2004 bruised knee in the predraft camp (misses last two days of camp)
- July 2004 bruised knee in the Spurs summer league practice (misses all but first practice and first couple games)
- July 2004 bruised thumb in a Spurs summer league game (misses the rest of the game)
- July 2004 pulled ab muscle in Spurs summer league practice (misses the rest of the summer league games)
- August 2004 bruised knee in Slovenia national team competition (misses the rest of the competition)
- October 2004 bruised thigh (misses a couple days of training camp)
- October 2004 sprained ankle (misses a couple preseason games)

That was all before he even played a game for the Spurs. Since then Beno has had another dozen minor injuries. I know Pop is sick of Beno using injuries as an excuse.

And Spurs fans should be just as sick of it ... especially when Beno will play such an important role for this team.

spurschick
10-02-2006, 06:39 AM
If push comes to shove, I'd rather see Brent at PG. I think he makes better decisions at that position than Manu.

Bruno
10-02-2006, 06:46 AM

Bruno usually brings it but that's a funny line. Beno is so injury prone that Pop has gotten on his case for that very fact. Last season he said that he refuses to discuss a Beno injury.

Beno has been injury prone his whole basketball life.

Beno has only missed two games during his rookie season and has benn unvailable to play in his sophomore year for something like ten games (6 games because of an ankle sprain and something like 4 games because of th flu).

He's barely played on the Spurs and has been injured tons.

I don't care if Beno isn't able to play starting minutes since he is a backup.

Tony Parker missed two games last season. What happens when Beno makes his first start?

Yep you guess it, he got injured.

Beno twist is ankle only after 13 minutes, this injury has nothing to do with the fact that he starts (and it was his second start of the season).

The part that makes it unacceptable to the Spurs' brass is these are all pain threshold type injuries. These aren't injuries that make him physically unable to play.

When Beno should have played through pain ?
The only moment when playing through pain was justified was after the Clippers game when Spurs needed him as backup PG. He suffered at that moment of a rolled ankle : Duncan and Ginobili have missed a lot of games because of this injury this last two years, so it's not that easy to play with this kind of injury.

Bruno
10-02-2006, 06:57 AM

These was little injuries : he would have played if it was during the regular season. It's like listing Parker's and Manu's bruises.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA101205.01C.SPURS_udrih.12b2d826.html

Last season, Udrih played in 101 of the Spurs' 105 games — a contrast from his injury-checkered days in Europe.

"He got over that because we didn't allow it," Popovich said. "If he had any kind of bumps and bruises last year, we just ignored it because we knew they weren't serious."

Beno is maybe a soft crybaby but he isn't injury prone : he can play backup minutes a whole season.

velik_m
10-02-2006, 07:14 AM
Beno is injury prone. Not as much as Sani, but not far behind.

timvp
10-02-2006, 07:27 AM
Beno is injury prone. Not as much as Sani, but not far behind.

This is why Slovenia is a top five country :tu

boutons_
10-02-2006, 08:10 AM
The incident I remember with a smile is once when Beno was knocked on his ass, I think in a pre-season game, the teams ran down the court. As Beno was getting up holding or rubbing some body part, he looked over at the Spurs bench for sympathy and Pop just shrugged! :lol

polandprzem
10-02-2006, 09:11 AM
This is why Slovenia is a top five country :tu

And USA is pretty much top5 as well. :D

dbestpro
10-02-2006, 09:17 AM
I agree. Let's blame Beno. It's Beno's fault Parker broke his finger. I'ts Beno's fault Tim had foot problems. It's Beno's fault Manu missed the layup against Dallas. It's Beno's fault Terry grabbed Finley's jock. It''s Beno's fault Bruce is a year older. It's Beno's fault Van Exel couldn't throw the ball in the ocean last year. It's Beno's fault Nazr couldn't catch a cold, It's Beno's fault that Rasho, a beast of a man played like a soft jump shooter. It's Beno's fault that Horry, after winning big game after big game never got the nod in the Dallas series. It's Beno's fault that Barry turns the ball over. It's Beno's fault that we didn't sign a major free agent. It's Beno's fault. That's all I got to say about that.

MannyIsGod
10-02-2006, 09:30 AM
Don't dare say something bad about him................

He needs time don't you know that!!!!!

Thats all we heard last year.

Unfortunately the market for backup point guards is now dried up and gone.

No thanks on that peanut head.

He couldn't pass up Jacque Vaughn on the depth chart in New Jersey..You were all over his jock earlier this year, what the fuck happend?

polandprzem
10-02-2006, 09:32 AM
many the sarcasm i Tparks voice or ...

... you just playing him?

Solid D
10-02-2006, 09:43 AM
Pop said in the interview yesterday that Beno injured himself last week. So, which is it? Last week or several weeks ago, as Ludden reported?

On Horry's injury, Johnny reported that it is his right shoulder but that Robert had trouble with the "opposite shoulder" last season. However, Robert has had chronic trouble with his right shoulder which is why he dunks with his left hand, correct? I do remember Robert grabbing his left shoulder a couple of times during the Pistons series Finals, once after his amazing explosion slam in traffic. I guess it's part of the price you pay, especially at his age.

Some of us aging weekend athletes can sympathize with the aches and pains.

nkdlunch
10-02-2006, 10:08 AM
We just need Beno to get us through the season. he won't dissapoint at that. Don't expect him to improve enough to get minutes in the playoffs.

yeah go ahead and bitch and moan about Beno but it was the Spurs front office who's sticking w/him.

IMO a Beno in regular season is a big improvement on a Van Exel

cheguevara
10-02-2006, 10:14 AM
hey spursfans, remember last year... we had Van Exel :lmao

MrChug
10-02-2006, 10:29 AM
Well, I'm a huge fan of Brent or Manu running the point. After Payton was traded in 2003 I remember how fluid and beautifully the offense ran in Seattle. It was awesome. Sixteen points, SIXTEEN assists in his first start out of position at the point. It was great.

LilMissSPURfect
10-02-2006, 10:45 AM
Paino Udrih :yield :D

angel_luv
10-02-2006, 11:09 AM
Beno;s injury was an unfortunate bump in the road and I am not happy about it, as I'm sure, neither is he.

But I still say Beno heals up quickly, stays healthy, and has a kick tail year. Just you all watch. :)

T Park
10-02-2006, 12:02 PM
You were all over his jock earlier this year, what the fuck happend?

You must have quoted the wrong person.

bdictjames
10-02-2006, 12:09 PM
I hope this isn't a serious one. We really need Beno's three-pointing and FREETHROW skills

lotr1trekkie
10-02-2006, 01:04 PM
If Beno Doesn't Look Like He Can Handle The Job I Expect The Team To Make A Deal Using The Rights To One Of Their Foreign Players.

Condemned 2 HelLA
10-02-2006, 02:51 PM
It's Beno's fault that Rasho, a beast of a man played like a soft jump shooter.

So are you also saying that Beno was behind the Spurs decision to trade NoSho?
If that's the case, then Beno deserves a pay raise!
"Beast of a man"?!?!?
:lmao x 2687491651984941651469849465165149494165

HIP HOOPERS
10-02-2006, 03:39 PM
After the WC Beno was practicing individualy with his personal coach. At the very last practice before heading to SA he suffered the injury...

angel_luv
10-02-2006, 03:50 PM
After the WC Beno was practicing individualy with his personal coach. At the very last practice before heading to SA he suffered the injury...

An injury at this time is upsetting, but nothing Beno can't overcome.

Thanks for the explanation. :)

angel_luv
10-02-2006, 03:55 PM
Hip Hoopers- awesome website :)

HIP HOOPERS
10-02-2006, 04:01 PM
Hip Hoopers- awesome website :)

i personaly don't think so, but thanks anyway! ;)

Solid D
10-02-2006, 04:19 PM

Approximately when? Last week or was it a couple or three weeks ago?

Kori Ellis
10-02-2006, 04:23 PM
I agree. Let's blame Beno. It's Beno's fault Parker broke his finger. I'ts Beno's fault Tim had foot problems. It's Beno's fault Manu missed the layup against Dallas. It's Beno's fault Terry grabbed Finley's jock. It''s Beno's fault Bruce is a year older. It's Beno's fault Van Exel couldn't throw the ball in the ocean last year. It's Beno's fault Nazr couldn't catch a cold, It's Beno's fault that Rasho, a beast of a man played like a soft jump shooter. It's Beno's fault that Horry, after winning big game after big game never got the nod in the Dallas series. It's Beno's fault that Barry turns the ball over. It's Beno's fault that we didn't sign a major free agent. It's Beno's fault. That's all I got to say about that.

I'm glad that you have nothing else to say because your post makes no sense. No one is blaming any of that on Beno; just saying that the Spurs need Beno to be the backup point guard. And to be the backup point guard he has to be healthy and in shape.

MannyIsGod
10-02-2006, 04:24 PM
You must have quoted the wrong person.Don't make me go back and dig up the threads Tpark. I quoted the right person.

timvp
10-02-2006, 04:25 PM
Approximately when? Last week or was it a couple or three weeks ago?

All of the above? :)

Beno could become a very good player in this league. The main thing that is holding him back is toughness. You can't be in the NBA and miss time because of little bruises and miss two weeks because you catch a cold like Beno did last season.

Solid D
10-02-2006, 04:37 PM
Are you saying Beno carries mace in his man-purse?

http://www.womensdefensecenter.com/MacewithLeather1.jpg

td4mvp21
10-02-2006, 04:55 PM
I'd take Barry over Beno at the backup point anyday. That's what Barry's used to and he is at least better than Beno.

ShoogarBear
10-02-2006, 05:13 PM
Lame thread.

I don't think Beno is quite that bad off, but give him time.

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-02-2006, 05:17 PM
http://aol.nba.com/media/el_082206_3.jpg

Come on! Look at this face!
Get healthy Beno! We need you!

T Park
10-02-2006, 05:21 PM
Don't make me go back and dig up the threads Tpark. I quoted the right person

Never once have I been on Beno's "jock"

Ive wanted him gone ever since the FInals of 05.

SequSpur
10-02-2006, 05:22 PM
who gives a fuck...

Beno is a shitty point guard with a decent jumper.... Leave it to Spurs management to fuck up an easy decision.

T Park
10-02-2006, 05:41 PM
What easy decision is that.

sendman
10-02-2006, 05:53 PM
Never once have I been on Beno's "jock"

That's because Beno has some taste.

But at the same time you must have been on somebodies "jock", and then that somebody left you, and you are bitter, bitter man ever since.

SequSpur
10-02-2006, 06:28 PM
What easy decision is that.

waive him.

LaMarcus Bryant
10-02-2006, 07:31 PM
spurs are fucked

baseline bum
10-02-2006, 07:49 PM
Beno sucks, but he can hit a jumpshot, unlike Jacque "Anthony Carter clone" Vaughn.

Extra Stout
10-02-2006, 07:57 PM
So, basically, the 2006-07 Spurs are the Big Three, a trio of capable veteran swingmen, and six steaming piles of excrement.

Woo hoo!

ShoogarBear
10-02-2006, 08:02 PM
So, basically, the 2006-07 Spurs are the Big Three, a trio of capable veteran swingmen, and six steaming piles of excrement.

Woo hoo!If the Big Three are rocking, they could win with the Ghost of Alfredrick Hughes, Charlie Ward's momma, and Jack Haley's empty jockstrap. :smokin

ploto
10-02-2006, 08:16 PM
Wow- I didn't know Beno played the piano.

LaMarcus Bryant
10-02-2006, 08:23 PM
our only hope for this season is Jackie Butler. We should feed him HGH and he should practice with duncan daily.

Slinkyman
10-02-2006, 08:25 PM

Woo hoo!

go back and check the 2000-2002 LA Lakers team, 2 superstars, a couple capable vets and the rest of the roster filled with steaming piles of excrement.

ALVAREZ6
10-02-2006, 08:27 PM

- July 2004 bruised knee in the Spurs summer league practice (misses all but first practice and first couple games)
- July 2004 bruised thumb in a Spurs summer league game (misses the rest of the game)
- July 2004 pulled ab muscle in Spurs summer league practice (misses the rest of the summer league games)
- August 2004 bruised knee in Slovenia national team competition (misses the rest of the competition)

In other words, Beno is a big pussy.

Why is this guy still on the team, that shit is unacceptable.

MI21
10-02-2006, 10:25 PM
If I could choose one for the future, I would take Beno over Parker.

People actually said that :lol

ashbeeigh
10-02-2006, 10:30 PM

When the hell was that and where's your source?

baseline bum
10-02-2006, 10:31 PM

Lots of people. :lmao

Beno was the next great Spurs steal 5 minutes after being picked... joining ST/SR legends such as Bryan Bracey, Chris Carrawell, Luis Scola, Corey Hightower, and Robertas Javtokas.

baseline bum
10-02-2006, 10:33 PM
When the hell was that and where's your source?

You would never believe how many here said that during the first half of Beno's rookie year. Literally half the board wanted to trade Parker, because Beno was the more pure point guard. :lol

ashbeeigh
10-02-2006, 10:49 PM
You would never believe how many here said that during the first half of Beno's rookie year. Literally half the board wanted to trade Parker, because Beno was the more pure point guard. :lol

I honestly don't think I gave a rats ass about huim until my chance encounter with him at work. However, when I look back, I can see how y'all could have been raving about him. You moody bastards. :lol

angel_luv
10-02-2006, 10:54 PM
Whoa, whoa, WHOA!

What chance encounter????

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-02-2006, 10:56 PM
Whoa, whoa, WHOA!

Beno stopped Ashbeeigh when he realized they had the same purse.

ashbeeigh
10-02-2006, 11:03 PM
Whoa, whoa, WHOA!

I worked at the Shipley's on Huebner and Wurzbach starting Game 7 of the finals (bad timing huh?) in 2005. He came in to get doughnuts and my manager was like 'Do you know who that is?" and I thought it may have been someone I went to school with, but I couldn't place it so I was like... "wait I saw something about rookies and doughts a few days ago...is that Beno?" So the girl I was training with told me to take his order but all I could do was runand hide. I was such a baby. The only thing holding me together the wohle summer was the chance someone might come in (including the one day there was a rat). My best friend said that Timmy came in once and then she was there over the winter semester break and Beno came in a few times again... which may explain why he's out of shape. Stay about from the dough-nuts Paino!

I can't afford it. He realized it was a fake and turned around.

angel_luv
10-02-2006, 11:07 PM
You ran away from Beno? You are a silly goose! :)

That was a nice girl you were training with. I would have used me senority and made you observe from a distance.

:lol I keed... or do I? :angel

Thanks for settling my curiousity. :)

angel_luv
10-02-2006, 11:11 PM

That is messed up! :lol And totally uncalled for. :)

Fillmoe
10-03-2006, 12:09 AM
kings will give you jason fart for free....

T Park
10-03-2006, 01:17 AM
Wheres old Ice Cold Brewski.

He even created the infamous

Beno > Parker thread.

dbestpro
10-03-2006, 10:31 AM
I'm glad that you have nothing else to say because your post makes no sense. No one is blaming any of that on Beno; just saying that the Spurs need Beno to be the backup point guard. And to be the backup point guard he has to be healthy and in shape.

I will try to simplfy my post so you can understand. Woops! Big word. So you can know what I mean. There are some people who like to blame Beno for all the Spur's problems and they believe that some how we will do better without him. In fact there is no better choice for the buck. My post is called satire. You can look that word up.
:smokin

Kori Ellis
10-03-2006, 06:50 PM
I will try to simplfy my post so you can understand. Woops! Big word. So you can know what I mean. There are some people who like to blame Beno for all the Spur's problems and they believe that some how we will do better without him. In fact there is no better choice for the buck. My post is called satire. You can look that word up.
:smokin

I understood that it was supposed to be sarcastic. My point is that no one in the thread is blaming Beno for all the Spurs problems, just his own problems. Thus your post didn't make any sense.

In fact there is no better choice for the buck.

The Spurs have reportedly tried to trade Beno for Jarrett Jack twice. So I guess they think there's some better choices out there. They just need to find someone willing to take Beno.

Kibic
10-04-2006, 08:30 AM
Wheres old Ice Cold Brewski.

He even created the infamous

Beno > Parker thread.
Hi T Park!

dbestpro
10-04-2006, 10:45 AM
I understood that it was supposed to be sarcastic. My point is that no one in the thread is blaming Beno for all the Spurs problems, just his own problems. Thus your post didn't make any sense.

The Spurs have reportedly tried to trade Beno for Jarrett Jack twice. So I guess they think there's some better choices out there. They just need to find someone willing to take Beno.

Beno is only being blamed for his own problems? That doesnt make sense. It's common sense that every player is blamed for their own problems. My point is that some people and you in particular are over critical on Beno and his effect on the team. He hasn't been given an adequate amount of playing time to make some of the evaluations and assumptions that many make. One thing for sure is he is a great shooter. In this new NBA way you can't win unless you put the ball in the basket and from this point Beno will be invaluable if he is given the chance.

Also, your point about Jack just shows the expected value of Beno as Jack is projected to be the starting point guard of Portland. Keep it up and we'll make you a Beno fan, yet.

ashbeeigh
10-04-2006, 10:58 AM
He hasn't been given an adequate amount of playing time to make some of the evaluations and assumptions that many make.

But why hasn't he been given enough playing time? It's because of the many things people have discussed in the past about him, (not me, but others here) including injuries such as the one he has right now.

dbestpro
10-04-2006, 11:15 AM
Last year was the love fest with Nick. It was only Beno's second year. Beno was impressive with his production every time he hit the floor, but Pop chose to go with Nick for the playoff experience. Some have suggested that this decision cost the Spurs a repeat. Time will tell.

Obstructed_View
10-04-2006, 01:41 PM
Fucking bastard useless Beno. Getting hurt. What a fucking loser.

Nikos
10-04-2006, 02:01 PM
Fucking bastard useless Beno. Getting hurt. What a fucking loser.

Renu_
10-04-2006, 05:37 PM
And honestly, he's not even a point guard to begin with.

Alright, i just thought i should quote you on this.

Kori Ellis
10-04-2006, 11:16 PM
My point is that some people and you in particular are over critical on Beno and his effect on the team. He hasn't been given an adequate amount of playing time to make some of the evaluations and assumptions that many make. One thing for sure is he is a great shooter. In this new NBA way you can't win unless you put the ball in the basket and from this point Beno will be invaluable if he is given the chance.

Also, your point about Jack just shows the expected value of Beno as Jack is projected to be the starting point guard of Portland. Keep it up and we'll make you a Beno fan, yet.

I guess Pop agrees with me that Beno has had his chances and just needs to stay healthy and sack up. He called him the 4th string point guard.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51064

Obstructed_View
10-06-2006, 02:20 PM
I guess Pop agrees with me that Beno has had his chances and just needs to stay healthy and sack up. He called him the 4th string point guard.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51064
Again, shocking to discover that Pop dislikes Beno, and can't get past his personal grudges for the good of the team.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-06-2006, 02:28 PM
Again, shocking to discover that Pop dislikes Beno, and can't get past his personal grudges for the good of the team.

I'm sure glad to know that Pop's grudges are what caused Beno to not walk about 47 feet in under eight seconds.

I hadn't realized that Pop's grudges physically manifested themselves and trapped Beno along the sidelines.

Beno will be an All-Star if he just gets out of Pop's doghouse. The way Pop handles players is one of the reasons Beno Udrih can call himself a NBA Champion.

Obstructed_View
10-06-2006, 02:31 PM
I'm sure glad to know that Pop's grudges are what caused Beno to not walk about 47 feet in under eight seconds.

I hadn't realized that Pop's grudges physically manifested themselves and trapped Beno along the sidelines.

Beno will be an All-Star if he just gets out of Pop's doghouse. The way Pop handles players is one of the reasons Beno Udrih can call himself a NBA Champion.
Funny that people will forgive Manu committing a foul that eliminated them from the playoffs, but they won't forgive Beno turning the ball over against the Rockets in the regular season. Again, if we knew all we needed to know by the Rockets game, then why in the fuck is Beno still here? And, whose fault is it that he is?

ChumpDumper
10-06-2006, 02:41 PM
Again, if we knew all we needed to know by the Rockets game, then why in the fuck is Beno still here?Guaranteed contract.

Obstructed_View
10-06-2006, 03:19 PM
Guaranteed contract.
So you can't trade a guy with a guaranteed contract? When was that rule passed?

ChumpDumper
10-06-2006, 03:20 PM
You can't trade a guy with a guaranteed contract if nobody wants him.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-06-2006, 03:35 PM
Funny that people will forgive Manu committing a foul that eliminated them from the playoffs, but they won't forgive Beno turning the ball over against the Rockets in the regular season.

I'm sorry, it's my fault really. I have this habit of letting things slide from players who actually produce, go to All-Star games, help the Spurs win championships, etc.

Obstructed_View
10-06-2006, 03:44 PM
You can't trade a guy with a guaranteed contract if nobody wants him.
Bad mouthing him to the press and showing not a lick of confidence in him is a GREAT way to increase his trade value. Pop has done a masterful job of cementing Beno's useless ass to the Spurs sideline for another year.

Not surprising from the guy who says:

“He's the fourth point guard on our team now,”

Followed by:

“I'm not going to sit them just to play Beno because he's healthy again. The longer he's out, the longer he's going to wait for his shot to show us something.”

Followed by:

"This is the year he needs to show that (he can do it consistently) to us."

At this point, why should Beno care? Like you said, he has a guaranteed contract.

Obstructed_View
10-06-2006, 03:46 PM
I'm sorry, it's my fault really. I have this habit of letting things slide from players who actually produce, go to All-Star games, help the Spurs win championships, etc.
How, in your estimation, did that foul help the Spurs win a championship?

ChumpDumper
10-06-2006, 03:48 PM
Bad mouthing him to the press and showing not a lick of confidence in him is a GREAT way to increase his trade value.Nothin' from nothin' leaves nothin'.
At this point, why should Beno care? Like you said, he has a guaranteed contract.Right. He shouldn't. He should just wait to be waived so he can go back to Europe.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-06-2006, 03:51 PM
How, in your estimation, did that foul help the Spurs win a championship?

You must be forgetting about 2003 and 2005. The Spurs won championships with Manu as a huge factor...

Beno will be remembered for dry humping Brent Barry on the sidelines in 05.

But nice Straw Man argument...well, not really since about 90 percent here will see right through it.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-06-2006, 03:56 PM
Just for a second, though....let's heap it on Manu for the foul.

Who helped the Spurs get to that point in Game 7 more?

ChumpDumper
10-06-2006, 03:57 PM
Manu will be filler for the Beno-to-Maccabi trade.

polandprzem
10-06-2006, 05:32 PM
Manu will be filler for the Beno-to-Maccabi trade.

they do not want Manu, he is injury prone....

Obstructed_View
10-06-2006, 05:47 PM
You must be forgetting about 2003 and 2005. The Spurs won championships with Manu as a huge factor...
I'm not forgetting about anything. I'm citing the example to point out how some of you are willing to forgive one player for what amounted to a rather large mistake, and you won't forgive another player who made a couple of turnovers. You don't give him credit when he plays well but you focus in on something that he does that's bad months and years later. That makes you hypocrites.

But nice Straw Man argument...well, not really since about 90 percent here will see right through it.
Your original argument was that Manu should be given a pass because he helped the Spurs win championships, and not for the mistake that he made. If that's the position you are taking, is Jaren Jackson available?

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-06-2006, 06:08 PM
I'm not forgetting about anything. I'm citing the example to point out how some of you are willing to forgive one player for what amounted to a rather large mistake, and you won't forgive another player who made a couple of turnovers. You don't give him credit when he plays well but you focus in on something that he does that's bad months and years later. That makes you hypocrites.

Your original argument was that Manu should be given a pass because he helped the Spurs win championships, and not for the mistake that he made. If that's the position you are taking, is Jaren Jackson available?

Jaren had his chance and screwed it up. Beno has his and is screwing it up.

And if you really want us to tell you how Beno's screwed his up (constant injuries that others have played through), we can.

If you fail to see why Manu doesn't get the shit Beno gets, then you're just not watching the games.

ducks
10-06-2006, 06:28 PM
Just for a second, though....let's heap it on Manu for the foul.

Who helped the Spurs get to that point in Game 7 more?
tp and duncan

Cant_Be_Faded
10-06-2006, 06:31 PM
Rack The Ducks

BeerIsGood!
10-06-2006, 06:32 PM
They just need to find someone willing to take Beno.
That's the big problem. There are no takers, and the guy sitting out whenever he gets a bump on his head doesn't help.

ducks
10-06-2006, 06:33 PM
trade him to the wolves they have 4 point guards now so if he is injured no big deal

Slinkyman
10-06-2006, 06:34 PM
tp and duncan

4th quarter points from game 7 against Dallas:

Manu 12
Tim 11
Finley 3
Parker 0

BeerIsGood!
10-06-2006, 06:36 PM

That was all before he even played a game for the Spurs. Since then Beno has had another dozen minor injuries. I know Pop is sick of Beno using injuries as an excuse.

And Spurs fans should be just as sick of it ... especially when Beno will play such an important role for this team.

This guy seriously sat out a basketball game with a bruised thumb?? I remember a HS football game where our RB suffered a dislocated thumb and the trainer just popped it back in - no missed time. I played three full quarters at safety after fracturing my wrist at the end of the first in that same game. I can't believe a bruised thumb kept this boy out of a game. What a baby.

ducks
10-06-2006, 06:36 PM
4th quarter points from game 7 against Dallas:

Manu 12
Tim 11
Finley 3
Parker 0

that is because pop goes to duncan and manu in 4

pop needs to go to tp more in 4 now that his jumpshot is deadly

each quarter pop choices who the 2 guys he wants to go to in that quarter
tp gets the first and the 3

Slinkyman
10-06-2006, 06:41 PM
that is because pop goes to duncan and manu in 4

pop needs to go to tp more in 4 now that his jumpshot is deadly

each quarter pop choices who the 2 guys he wants to go to in that quarter
tp gets the first and the 3

besides the point, the point is that Manu scored most of our points in the 4th and was the reason we had a chance to win.

ducks
10-06-2006, 06:42 PM
no it was not
had the other players not scored the points
then his points would not matter

Obstructed_View
10-06-2006, 08:09 PM
Jaren had his chance and screwed it up. Beno has his and is screwing it up.

And if you really want us to tell you how Beno's screwed his up (constant injuries that others have played through), we can.

If you fail to see why Manu doesn't get the shit Beno gets, then you're just not watching the games.
If Beno isn't allowed to play through the mistakes, why is he expected to play through the injuries?

BeerIsGood!
10-06-2006, 08:12 PM
He's not expected to play through injuries. He's expected to play through bruised thumbs and colds.

BeerIsGood!
10-06-2006, 08:14 PM
I'm with Pop on this one. You're only as good as your weakest link, and right now that's Beno. His softness and lazy attitude could effect others on the team, and you can't have that. Pop is a former military guy and knows this concept very well. Beno will be waived as soon as the Spurs can find a reasonable backup. This should have been taken care of long ago.

Obstructed_View
10-06-2006, 08:15 PM
This should have been taken care of long ago.
A fucking men. Whose fault is it that it hasn't?

BeerIsGood!
10-06-2006, 11:21 PM
RC and Pop. They fucked this up by trusting this purse toting fairy, but now they need to rectify the situation. Now's the time to act.

Obstructed_View
10-07-2006, 04:31 PM
RC and Pop. They fucked this up by trusting this purse toting fairy, but now they need to rectify the situation. Now's the time to act.
If he's as bad as Pop says, he should have known that 18 months ago. Now's way fucking past the time to act.