Kori Ellis
10-28-2004, 04:45 PM
Just FYI.

Kori Ellis
10-28-2004, 04:49 PM
He said Beno will play tomorrow.

T Park
10-28-2004, 04:52 PM
talks with Parker are NOT done, he is confident a deal will get done.

Something that will anger Marcus Cryant.

He said if they have to pay Parker 68 to 70 million, then Malik Rose will be traded.

He also said last year, Rose didnt get much intrest, because he didnt play.

He didnt play, because he didnt want to put in effort to play.

WHAT JOHNNY LUDDEN SAID!!!

So Im sure Cryant will say Ludden is blind and isnt up to the "conspiracy" (x files theme commences)

timvp
10-28-2004, 04:53 PM
If Beno gets another bruise tomorrow night, maybe we can start calling him Iceman.

:shootme

pooh
10-28-2004, 04:56 PM
One thing is for sure, Parker sure as hell isn't worth $82 million like those crazy numbers him and Don Harris were tossing out during the interview. I think Tony is worth close to Manu money ($52 mil tops)

Solid D
10-28-2004, 04:58 PM
Iceman Jr. :rollin ^

I also like Sick-Bay(no) Udrih ....
(sickbay: A place where the sick or injured are treated)

Kori Ellis
10-28-2004, 04:58 PM
talks with Parker are NOT done, he is confident a deal will get done.

Did he say that he was confident? I only heard him say that the talks may continue but that Fleischer may have just been bluffing when he said that they were over.

He said if they have to pay Parker 68 to 70 million, then Malik Rose will be traded.

He didn't exactly say that either. He said that teams are always calling asking about different players (and that not many teams were after Malik last year because he didn't play much.) And Don Harris led him into that question regarding if Tony signs for more would Malik be on the block. And Ludden said then they MIGHT look to trade Rose because they'd been in the neighborhood of the luxury tax. But they wouldn't look to trade Malik any time soon because they aren't confident in what the other backup bigs can do.

T Park
10-28-2004, 05:27 PM
You mean, Pop isnt 100% confident in James Thomas???

Who, btw, isnt he still on the roster?

Kori Ellis
10-28-2004, 05:29 PM
James Thomas was cut on Monday.

timvp
10-28-2004, 05:30 PM
Iceman Jr. ^

I also like Sick-Bay(no) Udrih ....
(sickbay: A place where the sick or injured are treated)

Nice one.

Paino, Iceman and Sick-Bay(no) :rollin

T Park
10-28-2004, 05:36 PM
I see, thanks Kori, hard to follow the team when you dont have internet and are in Phoenix AZ.

Who right now would compromise the IR?

LJ3, Sato, Marks?

Sato is pathetic, I said that when I saw the guy in Long Beach too.

Kori Ellis
10-28-2004, 05:39 PM
I would think that LJ3 and Marks for sure because they are actually hurt. Sato has actually been playing pretty good in preseason -- he's rebounding well and doing a great job getting to the line. But he's not ready for prime time and there's no minutes available at the 2 -- so yes, he'd probably be on IR.

timvp
10-28-2004, 05:53 PM
Sato is pathetic, I said that when I saw the guy in Long Beach too.

T Park is the same person that said that Devin Brown was a scrub.

Good news for Sato.

Marcus Bryant
10-28-2004, 06:41 PM
Damn, Stay Puff is off the hook.

Go cut a hole in one of those bigass stuffed animals you give away Carney and hump it.

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-28-2004, 07:01 PM
Tpark,

Stick to your Malik Rose lovefest. Sato is a keeper.

TheWriter
10-28-2004, 07:02 PM
Sato is a keeper.

Yep.

Brodels
10-28-2004, 09:09 PM
Tpark,

Stick to your Malik Rose lovefest. Sato is a keeper.

He's worth a look anyway. If he sucks after the season is over, send his ass home. He certainly can't hurt right now.

---------

If the Spurs do consider trading Rose, it's likely that they would have to take back equal salary. That means to save money they would have to take back an expiring contract. That won't be easy to get for Malik's contract.

Also, the Spurs are in trouble if Rose gets traded and they don't get a big man back in return. They are already relatively thin up front.

Geno Billy
10-28-2004, 11:19 PM
Is Linton Johnson even working out yet with the team drills or 5-on-5s?

No need to cut Sato if Linton isn't ready. Maybe no need anyway.