PDA

View Full Version : Seahawks plane diverted for medical emergency, reports of choking unfounded

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-02-2006, 03:57 PM
http://www.kgw.com/sports/stories/kgw_100206_sports_seahawks_plane.39f89445.html

Seahawks plane diverted by medical emergency

08:21 AM PDT on Monday, October 2, 2006

Associated Press

SEATTLE -- The flagship radio station for the Seahawks, KIRO Radio, reports that the team plane stopped in South Dakota on its return from Chicago for a medical emergency.

AP photo

Seattle Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren, center, talks to his offensive line, guard Steve Hutchinson (76) and tackle Floyd Womack.

The station says it involved someone with the team. But no details are available yet from a team spokesman.

The plane arrived back in Seattle early Monday.

The Seahawks lost Sunday night's game to the Bears 37-6.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-02-2006, 03:58 PM
Seahawks plane makes emergency stop for Rhodes

By CLARE FARNSWORTH
P-I REPORTER

The Seattle Seahawks plane made an emergency landing in Rapid City, S.D., early Monday on the way back from the team's loss to the Bears in Chicago after defensive assistant Ray Rhodes became ill.

Rhodes, who had a mild stroke last year, was taken to a Rapid City hospital by team doctors Brad Shoup and Kevin Auld for tests that could not be conducted on the plane.

Rhodes checked out fine and is doing well, according to a team spokesman. The coach spent the night in the hospital and returned to Seattle on Monday with Shoup.

The plane, a Boeing 757, is registered to Vulcan of Seattle. Vulcan is the parent company of Paul Allen, the Seahawks' owner and Microsoft co-founder.

The aircraft landed in Rapid City at approximately 12:45 a.m. It departed at 1:40 a.m. and the team arrived at SeaTac shortly after 4 a.m.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-02-2006, 03:59 PM
Rhodes is fine, but the Seahawks have filed a complaint with the NFL blaming Rhodes' ailment on the referees.

rasho8
10-03-2006, 01:09 PM
I still blame my intense hatred of the phrase "one for the thumb" on the NFL referees... I go into fits of rage and attack people when I hear it... now that I typed it I plan on strangling the downstairs neighbor.

johnsmith
10-03-2006, 01:13 PM
I'd be ill too if I was the defensive coordinator after Monday's game.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-03-2006, 01:51 PM
I still blame my intense hatred of the phrase "one for the thumb" on the NFL referees... I go into fits of rage and attack people when I hear it... now that I typed it I plan on strangling the downstairs neighbor.

Remind me to sit on the other side of the room at the next GTG.