PDA

View Full Version : Wells and Hayes Hurt, TMAC Feels Good, and a Lesson in Spelling

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-04-2006, 08:20 AM
ROCKETS SUMMARY
By JONATHAN FEIGEN
Copyright 2006 Houston Chronicle

Wells, Hayes ailing
As much as the Rockets' roster is different, some things have not changed. The newest player, Bonzi Wells, has continued the team's recent run of injury issues.

Unlike last season, when guards Bob Sura and Dion Glover were lost for the season by the end of camp's first day, the Rockets called the decisions to hold Wells and forward Chuck Hayes out of practice as temporary precautions.

Wells has some lingering pain from last season's torn groin muscle and an unrelated lymph node infection that is being treated with antibiotics. Neither is considered a serious condition.

"I tore my groin last year," Wells said. "They're just being cautious to make sure I don't tear it. I want to play a whole season. They're just being cautious, making sure it's totally strong before I get out on the court.

"I could practice today. They're real cautious right now. The injury bug has been real tough for this team the past couple years, so they're just going to make sure it's 100 percent before I get back on the court. It's feeling better."

Hayes pulled a groin muscle during summer workouts but could return to the court soon.

"Chuck is doing fine," Rockets trainer Keith Jones said. "He's doing everything but live contact. It will probably be a few more days."

McGrady's back
After playing 47 games last season, Rockets forward Tracy McGrady said that he missed so much time with back injuries that he "forgot how to play basketball."

"I've been outside so long," he said. "I'm ready to get back."

He said again that he has had no issues with the back injury that ended his season or the spasms that derailed it after one regular-season practice.

"I feel good. I feel extremely good," McGrady said. "We played four quarters today. I played three of the four quarters. The first day of training camp is always the toughest day. You don't know what to expect."

Spell that for me again
With Tuesday's media day, rookies for the first time received their game uniforms. Guard Kelenna Azubuike was ready to trade his in.

Azubuike's name was misspelled "Azibuike" on his uniform, causing him to lament, "When you're a rookie, you don't even get your name spelled right."

boutons_
10-04-2006, 09:02 AM
"I tore my groin last year"

If it's still sore now, it won't have a chance to get unsore during the season.
He's fucked, or will play hurting all year.

JamStone
10-04-2006, 10:02 AM
Can Reggie Evans perhaps help with the situation?

(sorry, but to me it never gets old)

Tobias
10-04-2006, 10:16 AM
Calling all Louis!

RON ARTEST
10-04-2006, 03:34 PM
i can guarentee you this is one of the reasons petrie didnt sign bonzi to a 50 million dolllar deal, bonzi still has problems with his groin? :lol