PDA

View Full Version : Pop endorses John Edwards

Rick Von Braun
10-29-2004, 12:52 AM
http://www.indystar.com/articles/5/189697-2815-196.html

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-29-2004, 01:13 AM
Shit, between this and the Parker situation, I may have to start up the "Fire Pop" march.

pooh
10-29-2004, 01:32 AM
Pop endorses Edwards...then Bush is a lock for the Presidency...I knew Pop was good for something.

NeoConIV
10-29-2004, 02:06 AM
The Bush campaign's Web site includes a letter of support signed by current athletes such as Carlos Beltran of the Houston Astros, plus Hall of Famers such as John Elway and Nolan Ryan.

Kerry's Web site includes a news release about the endorsement of Olympic soccer players Julie Foudy and Abby Wambach.

:lol Sounds about right.

whottt
10-29-2004, 02:35 AM
This means that Pop is gay and a Russian spy.

Seriously...Pop has done stupid stuff before...

I mean really seriously...just notice he isn't endorsing Kerry. None of the pro-athletes are, I'd have never thought that possible...and that is the damning thing.

An endorsement of Edwards is not an endorsement of Kerry...there is only one traitor in this race and that is Kerry. I myself would have endorsed Wes Clark or John McCain over President Bush....but I'd never vote for Kerry in a million years, IMO he is the worst presidential party nominee in history.

timvp
10-29-2004, 02:49 AM
This is old news. Pop's wife also contributed to Edwards, if you want to get technical.

Clandestino
10-29-2004, 10:07 AM
Also, this was for the Democratic Primary... So, basically POP wanted Kerry as President... he was giving him money to be VP... so maybe Pop is voting Bush now... I'm like whott..I was for Clark, but he didn't win and then after researching Kerry, no way in hell could I vote for him

samikeyp
10-29-2004, 10:40 AM
Who cares? If you let someone else influence your vote, you are stupid. Do the research, make up your own mind.

CommanderMcBragg
10-29-2004, 11:42 AM
I agree. The decision is yours.

FromWayDowntown
10-29-2004, 01:18 PM
It's not a matter of endorsing someone -- it's a matter of contributing to someone's campaign. Pop hasn't endorsed anyone. He contributed to Edwards' primary campaign. There's a big difference. I know plenty of people who, for business reasons, contribute to candidates on both sides of a race.

Maybe Pop thought that Bush had a better chance to beat Edwards and contributed money in an effort to get Edwards into the general election. Maybe Pop and his wife have some friendly connection to John Edwards that nobody knows about, and decided to just contribute some money as a token of that friendship. Then again, maybe Pop is a moderate who finds the current administration to be *too* conservative. Other than Pop, nobody really knows. But to say that the contribution is a de facto endorsement misconstrues the meaning of a contribution.

Hook Dem
10-29-2004, 01:21 PM
More than likely, Edwards is a "hometown boy" to either Pop or his wife.

Nbadan
10-29-2004, 01:38 PM
Maybe Pop thought that Bush had a better chance to beat Edwards and contributed money in an effort to get Edwards into the general election. Maybe Pop and his wife have some friendly connection to John Edwards that nobody knows about, and decided to just contribute some money as a token of that friendship. Then again, maybe Pop is a moderate who finds the current administration to be *too* conservative. Other than Pop, nobody really knows. But to say that the contribution is a de facto endorsement misconstrues the meaning of a contribution

Maybe if POP had contributed a like amount to the RNC or the Bush/Cheney campaign you might have a point, but he didn't. In fact, records show that POP has always been a Democratic supporter.

Hook Dem
10-29-2004, 01:42 PM
"In fact, records show that POP has always been a Democratic supporter." ...................................Just like you've always been an athletic supporter huh Dan? :lol

FromWayDowntown
10-29-2004, 01:54 PM
Maybe if POP had contributed a like amount to the RNC or the Bush/Cheney campaign you might have a point, but he didn't. In fact, records show that POP has always been a Democratic supporter.

I didn't say that I hoped that Pop was trying to undermine things. I just posited that it was among the many possibilities. I, for one, respect Pop's decision to contribute to Edwards -- my understanding is that Pop tends toward the Democrat side of things, which I appreciate. But I don't think his contribution is necessarily and endorsement.

Clandestino
10-29-2004, 02:55 PM
another thing..i don't give a shit who pop votes for... my only concern is if he takes his team to an nba championship...

Nbadan
10-29-2004, 05:00 PM
But I don't think his contribution is necessarily and endorsement.

OK, but I rarely give money to things I don't endorse.

FromWayDowntown
10-29-2004, 05:08 PM
OK, but I rarely give money to things I don't endorse.

Fair enough, but many others do contribute without endorsing.

T Park
10-29-2004, 11:52 PM
Barkley is a big time conservative, but donates to John Edwards???

That makes zero sense.

Who the fuck cares who pop gives money to.

Good coach, good guy, thats it thats all.

Eric Montross money to John Edwards.

OOOO IM SWITCHING OVER!!!!

dcole50
10-30-2004, 06:24 PM
What's really important is that Greg Ostertag and Karl Malone support Bush.

Oh, and that Bill Walton supports Edwards.

Anytime any of these three are involved with anything, it's funny.

Also, while contributing and endorsing aren't the same, they usually go hand and hand. You rarely see anyone contribute to a Democratic candidate and not the Republican, and then endorse the Republican.