PDA

View Full Version : I'm not saying Bob Woodward...

Yonivore
10-05-2006, 06:58 AM
...cannot be believed but, his former Washington Post colleague, Tom Edsall (http://hughhewitt.townhall.com/Transcript_Page.aspx?ContentGuid=00275c4b-298a-4814-9160-8c95d331d1f1), is.

So is Brent Scowcroft (http://time-blog.com/real_clear_politics/2006/10/scowcroft_on_state_of_denial.html).

Nevertheless, Woodward does manage to ask the right question (http://media.nationalreview.com/post/?q=Yzk0MTI5ZTM0NTlhZWZiNGYzNmYwOWVjMDE0MjNmOTY=). Maybe he should stick to reporting or writing fiction.

George Gervin's Afro
10-05-2006, 07:02 AM
...cannot be believed but, his former Washington Post colleague, Tom Edsall (http://hughhewitt.townhall.com/Transcript_Page.aspx?ContentGuid=00275c4b-298a-4814-9160-8c95d331d1f1), is.

So is Brent Scowcroft (http://time-blog.com/real_clear_politics/2006/10/scowcroft_on_state_of_denial.html).

Nevertheless, Woodward does manage to ask the right question (http://media.nationalreview.com/post/?q=Yzk0MTI5ZTM0NTlhZWZiNGYzNmYwOWVjMDE0MjNmOTY=). Maybe he should stick to reporting or writing fiction.

Andy Card verified the accuracy what was written about him. He did try and wiggle out of some of the things he said by stating that Woodward had a different understanding of the situations that he wrote about. I notice the references are from yet more conservative web sites..that's a shocker!

Hey Yoni so then should we question the accuracy of his first 2 books that painted Bush in a good light? Or do we just believe the stuff that supports our position?

Yonivore
10-05-2006, 07:06 AM
Andy Card verified the accuracy what was written about him. He did try and wiggle out of some of the things he said by stating that Woodward had a different understanding of the situations that he wrote about. I notice the references are from yet more conservative web sites..that's a shocker!

Hey Yoni so then should we question the accuracy of his first 2 books that painted Bush in a good light? Or do we just believe the stuff that supports our position?
Tom Edsall isn't a conservative. He was merely being interviewed by a conservative. Did you read the transcript? It wasn't a conservative article...it was an interview in which he is quoted verbatim.

I can't help it if liberal websites won't report the truth. I'd source them more, if they did. At least it would take that incessant meme away from you.

George Gervin's Afro
10-05-2006, 07:17 AM
Tom Edsall isn't a conservative. He was merely being interviewed by a conservative. Did you read the transcript? It wasn't a conservative article...it was an interview in which he is quoted verbatim.

I can't help it if liberal websites won't report the truth. I'd source them more, if they did. At least it would take that incessant meme away from you.

I did read the transcript Yoni and the incident was about whether Woodward talked to a guy because he may have been dead at the time when the conversation took place..then the questioner asked if that alone should make him not believable or a liar.

Yonivore
10-05-2006, 07:33 AM
I did read the transcript Yoni and the incident was about whether Woodward talked to a guy because he may have been dead at the time when the conversation took place..then the questioner asked if that alone should make him not believable or a liar.
Hey, maybe you're too young to remember but, if he lied about talking to Casey on his deathbed, that was a whopper.

Ocotillo
10-05-2006, 08:48 AM
Talk about whoppers, did you hear the one about Saddam had links to al Qaeda? How about the one that Mohammed Atta met in Prague with Iraqi agents? Or the one about no one ever would have conceived of such a plot as using airplanes as missles to destroy targets? How about the insurgency is in it's last throes?

Yonivore
10-05-2006, 08:49 AM
Talk about whoppers, did you hear the one about Saddam had links to al Qaeda? How about the one that Mohammed Atta met in Prague with Iraqi agents? Or the one about no one ever would have conceived of such a plot as using airplanes as missles to destroy targets? How about the insurgency is in it's last throes?
Nice non sequitur.

Ocotillo
10-05-2006, 09:06 AM
Woodward is the court scribe for this administration. He started out writing flattering books about the Bush team and has now come out with this.

We could argue endlessly about whether he is telling the truth or not, for every challenge he has to what he has printed, no doubt he would have a counter argument.

What is telling about this book is the disarray that is now on display within the power structure of the administration. Many have come to recognize the emperor has no clothes and are seeking to distance themselves from the man and his mistakes. The conventional wisdom with the conservative movement is beginning to move from advocating W. be added to Mt. Rushmore to pulling back the cloth to expose the clay feet of their former hero.

clambake
10-05-2006, 10:55 AM
Woodwards reputation is the backbreaker to this administration. The only question that remains unanswered is whether we will win in Iraq. How is it looking so far? Woodward has laid out the facts that are mirror images of reality. Impossible to deny these facts with fiction. But the republicans will try because their base will eat anything they serve, dragging the rest of us down with them.

RandomGuy
10-06-2006, 12:08 PM
Thing is, there are lots of former administration officials saying much the same thing, namely that this administration is simply incompetant, and that Bush is, at best, semi-interested.

You can slime woodward all you want, but his voice is simply one in a chorus of many saying the same types of things.

George Gervin's Afro
10-06-2006, 12:09 PM
Thing is, there are lots of former administration officials saying much the same thing, namely that this administration is simply incompetant, and that Bush is, at best, semi-interested.

You can slime woodward all you want, but his voice is simply one in a chorus of many saying the same types of things.

why do you hate america? why do you want the terrorists to win?

BurgerKing
10-06-2006, 12:38 PM
Hey, maybe you're too young to remember but, if he lied about talking to Casey on his deathbed, that was a whopper.

Can't argue with you about that.

xrayzebra
10-06-2006, 02:55 PM
Woodward is trying to sell a book(s). Also, trying to use his
reputation from years ago to do so. News or what some try to
pass off as news is what it is: a commodity. Just like a loaf of
bread. Either you buy it or not, or choose a different brand.

RandomGuy
10-06-2006, 08:36 PM
Woodward is trying to sell a book(s). Also, trying to use his
reputation from years ago to do so. News or what some try to
pass off as news is what it is: a commodity. Just like a loaf of
bread. Either you buy it or not, or choose a different brand.

None of which means what he says is false.

A doctor might want you to get a checkup once per year, but that doesn't mean she is wrong.

An accountant might tell you that you need to pay him for investment planning to save money, but that doesn't make him wrong.

As I said before, what he says is remarkably similar to what a lot of others are saying. One can dismiss one or two disgruntled staffers, but there is a pattern here, and that pattern points to a disinterested and incompetant presidency.