PDA

View Full Version : Davis dominating Nazr

NuGGeTs-FaN
10-06-2006, 03:48 AM
thought you guys might like this :smokin

Detroit News - A highlight in recent Pistons scrimmages has been the play of 37-year-old Dale Davis. He was dominating Nazr Mohammed, scoring five straight baskets during one stretch Thursday.

"I think Dale has gotten more reps these last three days than he did all of last year," said Saunders, who expects Davis to be in the rotation, particularly early in the season. "He's a freak of nature in a lot of ways, to be his age and have his body in such great shape. He's been very impressive."

Of course, Saunders was quick to point out Mohammed might be a little weak. He's a devout Muslim and has been fasting in recognition of Ramadan.

Mohammed said he typically loses more than 10 pounds before the end of the month. It's part of the reason why he's started slowly throughout his career.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/42522/20061006/dale_davis_on_top_of_mohommed_in_pistons_camp/

NuGGeTs-FaN
10-06-2006, 03:50 AM
ok i just read the second part and it explains why he is slower :lol

I always only read the first part :drunk

ATX Spur
10-06-2006, 04:05 AM
I didn't know this about Nazr. Reminds me of the Dream, except he always kicked ass, even when fasting.

ploto
10-06-2006, 07:02 AM
Of course, Saunders was quick to point out Mohammed might be a little weak.

Weak on defense. :lol

Rip-Hamilton32
10-06-2006, 09:17 AM
Weak on defense. :lol
hes not just weak on defence lol

kskonn
10-06-2006, 09:31 AM
Even the dream used to struggle during this time of year. He was still pretty damn good but not his normal self. I remember all of my rockets friends getting so pissed about it.

Supergirl
10-06-2006, 10:09 AM
There can't possibly be a "time of the year" that Nazr or the Dream could struggle, because Ramadan always occurs at different times of the year on the Gregorian calendar. That's because Islam follows a strict lunar calendar (as opposed to the partial lunar calendar in Judaism). Ramadan has been known to fall in the spring one year and winter the next year.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-06-2006, 10:36 AM
Dale needs more money for the strip club.

ducks
10-06-2006, 10:40 AM
Dale needs more money for the strip club.
yeah he is so broke ask spreewell :lol

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-06-2006, 10:48 AM
yeah he is so broke ask spreewell :lol

Ducks, I know $5 gets you all the lap-dances you want from Itchy the bow-legged stripper, but I'm sure NBA players have a little higher standard in the women they pay to strip for them.

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-06-2006, 09:17 PM
There can't possibly be a "time of the year" that Nazr or the Dream could struggle, because Ramadan always occurs at different times of the year on the Gregorian calendar. That's because Islam follows a strict lunar calendar (as opposed to the partial lunar calendar in Judaism). Ramadan has been known to fall in the spring one year and winter the next year.

Actually the change in the calendar for Ramadan is 11-12 days backwards every year. This year it started Sept. 24, next year it will be Sept. 13, the year after that Sept. 2.

Going backwards, in '05 it started on Oct. 4, in '04 it was Oct. 15, in '03 it was Oct. 26, '02, November 6, so on and so forth.

Basically all of Nazr's career in the NBA it has occurred in the fall.

Zunni
10-06-2006, 09:19 PM
I've never seen a difference between Ramadan Nazr, and say, Nazr in April after months of eating normally. 37 YO Dale Davis dominating Nazr? Get used to it...