PDA

View Full Version : 4 Pacers involved in shooting.

romsey31
10-06-2006, 07:53 AM
Four Pacers involved in northwest side incident

Oct 6, 2006 04:01 AM PST

Stephen Jackson

Marquis Daniels

Jimmie Hunter

Jamaal Tinsley

Indianapolis - Four Indiana Pacers were involved in an incident early Friday morning which involved shots fired on West 38th Street.

Indianapolis Police were called to 38th Street and Gemco Lane at 3:00 a.m. on the report of shots fired.

Police say the Pacers players left the club trying to avoid a fight with someone inside, but the trouble followed them into the parking lot. Jackson told them he was punched in the jaw when he went outside the club, was struck by a car and fired his 9 millimeter pistol.

Three other Pacers came to his assistance. They are identified as Jamaal Tinsley, Marquis Daniels, and Jimmie Hunter. Daniels and Tinsley had guns in their car, but did not fire them. Police say Jackson, Daniels and Tinsley all have permits for their guns.

Police are still investigating. So far no arrests have been made.

An ambulance was called to the scene, but Jackson reportedly refused treatment. Officers say he was walking with a limp.

http://www.wthr.com/Global/story.asp?S=5505223

Jimcs50
10-06-2006, 07:59 AM
I am so glad the Spurs got rid of that low life idiot.

ploto
10-06-2006, 08:30 AM
At a strip club at 3:00 AM during training camp.

boutons_
10-06-2006, 08:31 AM
"during training camp"

come on, it was "Thug-gy Thursday" night.

zero signal
10-06-2006, 08:36 AM
Jax can't even figure out the right fan to punch, God help anyone who was driving past that club when that happened.

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-06-2006, 08:59 AM
What an idiot. I will say that its a refreshing change of pace that they all had licenses for their handguns. But they are all still dumbasses. It doesn't matter what line of work you're in, if you are still at a club at 3 in the morning you're either looking for trouble or running a strong risk of trouble finding you.

TDMVPDPOY
10-06-2006, 09:07 AM
so this is where he makes love to pressure :D:D

seriously shit like this happen everyday to ppl of different occupations around the world, whats the big fuss about....wtf gives a shit about ballers, they are humans too, arent they aloud to have sum thug lovin....

u2sarajevo
10-06-2006, 09:10 AM
One of the Pacers shoots a gun in the air to diffuse an attack on himself.

I carry a concealed weapon. And yes I have a permit as well as a certification to carry it. And if someone tried to run me over with a car, I assure you there would be blood. At the very least there would be more than fired shots in the air.

So it sounds like, from the information we have, the scene was handled very well by the Pacer involved.

leemajors
10-06-2006, 09:18 AM
dumbass is lucky those bullets fired up didn't come down somewhere else and hurt someone innocent.

Sportcamper
10-06-2006, 09:23 AM
It was 3 AM, fighting with patrons at a strip club over lap dances........Go Pacers....
:lol :rollin :lol

50 cent
10-06-2006, 09:42 AM
I really doubt SJax would have been in this much trouble in SA where Pop could have grounded him.

Anybody notice Marquis Daniels was also involved? Probably why Avery didn't like him.

JamStone
10-06-2006, 09:47 AM
Finally Pacer players proving they're tough. It's the first time since the brawl.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-06-2006, 09:53 AM
I really doubt SJax would have been in this much trouble in SA where Pop could have grounded him.

Anybody notice Marquis Daniels was also involved? Probably why Avery didn't like him.

:lol

S-Jax at Sugar's would have been funnier for some reason.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-06-2006, 09:55 AM
And of course, Jammal Tinsley had the stickiest of the icky in his car. A small amount, mind you, but it was kinda sticky.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-06-2006, 09:58 AM
Update from IndyStar

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061006/SPORTS04/61006001

10:47 AM October 6, 2006

Gunfire follows Pacers fracas
By Vic Ryckaert
[email protected]
October 6, 2006

Update, 10:48 a.m.: Three men sought in Pacers fight

Police want to question three men involved in the incident.

One man is in his 20s and goes by the nickname “Dino,” Mount said. Dino is stocky, bald and was wearing a red and black cap with the letters “BB.”

Another man is his mid-20s goes by the nickname “Fingers,” Mount said.

Fingers is short and has thin short hair. He also is disabled, with short arms and a thumb and two fingers on each hand, Mount said.

The third man is in his late 20s or early 30s, heavy set and bald, Mount said.

Update, 10:30 a.m.: Team plans statement; Jackson reflected on image

Phone calls to Pacers coach Rick Carlisle, CEO Donnie Walsh, team president Larry Bird, Marquis Daniels' agent, Jamaal Tinsley's agent, Stephen Jackson's agent were not immedately returned.

The team plans to release a statement later today. The Pacers have an afternoon practice, and players were scheduled to be available around 3:30 p.m.

Stephen Jackson talked about his image on Monday, the team’s Media Day.

"I'm one of the older guys on this team and I want to leave this game on a good note and leave a good impression on these guys,” he said.

“I came a long way to be here and I want these young guys to see the good side of me as being a good basketball player, a guy that comes and gives 110 percent to win every day and does whatever he has to do for his teammates. I've got to start playing for them now, leading by example, not doing too much talking.

“Coach (Rick Carlisle) can take me out of the game and let me know when I messed up and I've got to take it. And they'll know they've got to take it, too."

Earlier: Gunfire follows Pacers fracas

Four members of the Indiana Pacers were involved in a shooting incident this morning at a Westside strip club, Indianapolis police said.

Stephen Jackson fired five shots from a 9-mm handgun after someone hit him in the face and tried to run him over with a vehicle outside Club Rio at about 3 a.m., IPD spokesman Sgt. Matthew Mount said.

Video from a security camera outside the club captured the car striking Jackson, Mount said. Authorities were looking for an older model blue Oldsmobile with chrome rims.

Jackson, Jamaal Tinsley, Marquis Daniels and Jimmie Hunter had argued with another group of men outside the club at 5054 W. 38th St., Mount said.

“The Pacers said there had been some problems and they tried to extricate themselves,” Mount said.

One of the men punched Jackson in the mouth and then got into a vehicle and ran into him, police said.

“He was hit in the mouth,” Mount said. “He was bloodied up pretty good.”

The attackers fled after Jackson fired his handgun. Police do not know if anyone was injured or if the bullets struck the man’s vehicle.

Jackson, who has a valid permit for the gun, was limping but refused medical treatment at the scene.

“We’re not sure if he just went over the hood or he went over the whole car,” Mount said. Jackson told officers he would seek help from the team’s medical staff and trainers.

Tinsley and Daniels also had guns in their vehicles, Mounts said, but never pulled them during the incident. Tinsley has an Indiana gun permit; Daniels has a Florida permit.

A small amount of marijuana was found in Jamaal Tinsley’s car, Mount said, but no one was arrested because the drug can not be linked to any particular person.

“There’s no way of telling whose it was, hence no arrests,” Mount said.

Prosecutors are evaluating the evidence to determine if any charges are warranted, Mount said.

Jackson joined the Pacers in 2004. The club said it planned to release a statement about the incident later today.

In a Sept. 13 interview posted on Pacers.com, Jackson said he has a positive attitude is devoted to being a role model for his teammates.

"More than us playing hard and being young guys with a lot of energy, we’ve got to be smart," Jackson said.

"We’ve got to make smart decisions on the court and off the court. We’ve got to be smarter as far as leading the young guys and watching what we do."

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-06-2006, 10:00 AM
Sometimes the comedy just writes itself.

Another man is his mid-20s goes by the nickname “Fingers,” Mount said.

Fingers is short and has thin short hair. He also is disabled, with short arms and a thumb and two fingers on each hand, Mount said.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-06-2006, 10:02 AM
One of the men punched Jackson in the mouth and then got into a vehicle and ran into him, police said.

“He was hit in the mouth,” Mount said. “He was bloodied up pretty good.”

The attackers fled after Jackson fired his handgun. Police do not know if anyone was injured or if the bullets struck the man’s vehicle.

Jackson, who has a valid permit for the gun, was limping but refused medical treatment at the scene.

“We’re not sure if he just went over the hood or he went over the whole car,” Mount said. Jackson told officers he would seek help from the team’s medical staff and trainers.

I expect S-Jax to take a lot more charges this season. Both on and off the court.

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/images/smilies/rimshot.gif

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-06-2006, 10:05 AM
The residents and businesses near Club Rio are pretty lucky. S-Jax's long-range shooting percentage dropped last year.

Sportcamper
10-06-2006, 10:16 AM
Soooo which 6' 11” 260lb Pacer player ”punched out” the disabled guy with short arms... :wow

LEONARD
10-06-2006, 10:18 AM

I carry a concealed weapon. And yes I have a permit as well as a certification to carry it. And if someone tried to run me over with a car, I assure you there would be blood. At the very least there would be more than fired shots in the air.

So it sounds like, from the information we have, the scene was handled very well by the Pacer involved.

Exactly...

While being at a strip club probably isn't the greatest decision, based on the info we have it seems like they didn't screw up too bad. All guns were legit and it sounds like SJax was defending himself...

Daniels never caused any problems in Dallas...nothing made public anyway...not even a rumor of him getting into to trouble...

50 cent
10-06-2006, 10:29 AM
Daniels never caused any problems in Dallas...nothing made public anyway...not even a rumor of him getting into to trouble...
Trust me, I know. I live in Dallas. But Avery didn't like something about him and maybe he thought he liked to party too much or something.

Still, I think these guys handled it the best they could considering the circumstances. It just seems hard to believe though that the huge Pacer players were the ones being bullied.

sa_butta
10-06-2006, 11:05 AM
Pacers are giving the Jailblazers a run for their money.

Does it matter that Daniels gun permit was for Florida?

JamStone
10-06-2006, 11:11 AM
re: Marquis Daniels

Perhaps Avery didn't like him because he had no jumper and he turned the ball over a lot and all he did when he got the basketball was put his head down and try to score at the rim. There are enough ballhogs on the Mavs, and with Stack, the Mavs didn't need another one off the bench. That's why players like Greg Buckner and Adrian Griffin will and have gotten a lot of playing time on that team and a player like Marquis Daniels didn't unless someone was in foul trouble or got hurt.

And, I don't understand the rationale of correlating Stephen Jackson shooting his gun outside a strip club with Marquis Daniels partying too much or being a trouble maker off the court. It wasn't Marquis shooting his gun. It was Jackson. Sure, Marquis was with Jackson at 3 in the morning outside of a strip club.

Ummmmm, let's see, you're in your mid-20s, you're a millionaire, and you're single. You're right, Marquis Daniels should be like the rest of the NBA players that don't ever go to strip clubs. :rolleyes

Medvedenko
10-06-2006, 11:17 AM
Idiots....seriously...you bring guns to the table and it instantly escalates every situation. I have no problem with the weed though, but the firearms got to go.

velik_m
10-06-2006, 11:41 AM
eversince they gave Breza away, they are just sinking deaper and deaper...

Sportcamper
10-06-2006, 12:22 PM
Club Rio is going to be a busy place from now on!

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20061006/capt.1584674a89eb4762b7159df7609cbc63.pacers_gunfi re_na101.jpg

Come Party with Carnies, NBA Super-Stars & Exotic Dancers....
Endorsed By Stephen Jackson....

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-06-2006, 12:42 PM
Pacers are gangstas.

ducks
10-06-2006, 12:46 PM
Idiots....seriously...you bring guns to the table and it instantly escalates every situation. I have no problem with the weed though, but the firearms got to go.

yes because the are the reason people are bad people :rolleyes :rolleyes

jman3000
10-06-2006, 12:48 PM
yes because the are the reason people are bad people :rolleyes :rolleyes
I don't get it... are you trying to defend them?

Medvedenko
10-06-2006, 01:12 PM
I don't believe Jax is bad...I do believe we'd be a lot safer if he didn't carry a 9mm.

Tobias
10-06-2006, 01:36 PM
Wait wait, when did the Pacers assume the identity of the Trail Blazers?

romsey31
10-06-2006, 02:23 PM
I don't get it... are you trying to defend them?
You live in a bubble dont you?

Slinkyman
10-06-2006, 04:29 PM
why would anyone have a gun on them in a strip club? "is that a 9mm in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"

PhoenixCelsixers
10-07-2006, 10:27 AM

i can see some truth to this, but i mean come on stephen jackson is now labeled as a dumbass wanna be thug.

jochhejaam
10-07-2006, 11:37 AM
Jackson didn't get his butt whooped for no reason. If he instigated the fight (objectivity is probably out of the question here) I'm glad he got put in his place.
He's a thug in my book.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-07-2006, 12:44 PM
why would anyone have a gun on them in a strip club?

Because, sometimes, a man really wants a table dance.

jochhejaam
10-07-2006, 12:49 PM
Because, sometimes, a man really wants a table dance.
And if the dance is a little lackluster you start shootin at their feet to pick up the pace, just like in the old Western Movies.

NorCal510
10-07-2006, 03:18 PM
damn thats straight thug life