PDA

View Full Version : Beno to Maccabi??

ploto
10-06-2006, 08:50 AM
I started a new thread because this is NEWS.

Basketball / Udrich could be back for Mac. TA soon

By Vered Cohen

Maccabi Tel Aviv wants its former point guard, Beno Udrich, back at Yad Eliahu, despite having already signed Will Bynum to fill the position. Maccabi has reportedly held talks with the player and his team, the San Antonio Spurs.

Udrich, 24, 1.91 meters, played for Maccabi in the 2002/03 season under then coach David Blatt. After a disappointing year with the Tel Aviv side, however, he left for Italy, before being picked at 28 by San Antonio in the NBA Draft a year later.

After two seasons with the Spurs, the Slovenian's relations with San Antonio coach Greg Popovich have run aground and Udrich could be on the way out. The teams meet in an exhibition game in Paris on Sunday and Maccabi will take advantage of the opportunity to discuss a possible transaction with the Spurs.

Udrih is suffering from a hamstring strain and is not expected to play.

The Slovenian's frequent injuries and his absence from a large number of games have exhausted the patience of his coach. "He's the fourth point guard on our team now," Popovich said after Udrih sat out another practice session on the sidelines this week. "Give me a break."

Popovich said he's now counting on Brent Barry and newcomer Jacque Vaughn to back up Tony Parker. "I'm not going to sit them out just to play Beno because he's healthy again," Popovich said. "The longer he's out, the longer he's going to wait for his shot to show us something... It's very unfortunate for him and for our team, but we have to move on and look at other people because we can't count on him as he's so injury prone."

Meanwhile Maccabi hammered Climamio Bologna 93-67 in its opening game at the Paris tournament last night thanks to a devastating second-half performance.

The teams were locked at 39-39 at the interval, but led by Simas Jasaitis, Maccabi began to run away with the game in the third quarter, and stretched its lead to over 20 points in the final period.

Jasaitis led Maccabi with 22 points and 5 rebounds. Rodney Buford followed with 18 points, Lior Eliyahu added 16 points and 7 rebounds, and Will Bynum scored 5 points, handed out 8 assists and brought down 5 rebounds.

In other games yesterday the Spurs won 115-90 against Belgium's Asvel, while Barcelona downed the Philadelphia 76ers 104-99

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/771186.html

angel_luv
10-06-2006, 08:51 AM
No! Not my Beno! :(

I mean, yes if it is best for him.

But no, how sad for me!

infinite styles
10-06-2006, 08:55 AM
What is the procedure for a transaction like that? What does the NBA allow? Would the Spurs just be given cash for Beno?

ploto
10-06-2006, 08:56 AM
I told you there was a reason for Pop's public comments They ALWAYS serve a purpose. Now fans won't be mad when Beno is gone because the Spurs have trashed his image. It's the way it always works.

velik_m
10-06-2006, 08:59 AM
who's udrich?

TDMVPDPOY
10-06-2006, 09:01 AM
i say yeha for a international transfer market like european soccer.....

Bruno
10-06-2006, 09:02 AM
I say BS.

There are rumors for every FA that maccabi are after them : Ely, Jumaine Jones, Javtokas ... It's laughable.

I won't be surprise if there is nothing behind that story. I can imagine that the journalist has just write this article about Beno because he has read yesterday article.

velik_m
10-06-2006, 09:06 AM
I say BS.

There are rumors for every FA that maccabi are after them : Ely, Jumaine Jones, Javtokas ... It's laughable.

I won't be surprise if there is nothing behind that story. I can imagine that the journalist has just write this article about Beno because he has read yesterday article.

True, but Maccabi did have troubles signing FAs during off-season because of Libanon war and they lost several good players. I can imagine them getting desperate, trying to remain competitive in Euroleague.

angel_luv
10-06-2006, 09:09 AM
I just want Beno to be happily settled with a great team and playing.
It must be awful to have your future in limbo like his is right now.

polandprzem
10-06-2006, 09:12 AM
angel losing them one by one :depressed

Bruno
10-06-2006, 09:17 AM
True, but Maccabi did have troubles signing FAs during off-season because of Libanon war and they lost several good players. I can imagine them getting desperate, trying to remain competitive in Euroleague.

Maybe they have called Spurs or Beno's agent, nobody really know.

I've just pointed that there has been a lot of rumors about Maccabi and you had to consider that when you read this article. It's not like Beno is gone.

Bruno
10-06-2006, 09:17 AM

Beno can't be happy when he is far from you. :)

leemajors
10-06-2006, 09:22 AM
I told you there was a reason for Pop's public comments They ALWAYS serve a purpose. Now fans won't be mad when Beno is gone because the Spurs have trashed his image. It's the way it always works.

beno has had multiple shots to make his mark on the team, and hasn't got it done. the spurs don't have to "trash" his image.

Samr
10-06-2006, 09:25 AM
Uhm...you can't trade with teams in a different league. How would this work?

Would the Spurs simply release Beno and eat the contract?

I'm all for him going, so long as we get something in return.

ChumpDumper
10-06-2006, 09:35 AM
Beno can go to Maccabi or any other non-NBA team he pleases at any time. The Spurs would still retain his rights for one season if he came back. That's all. It's easy to say the Spurs are evil, but in this case they if they are trying to be ahead of the story, they can't be that broken up about a borderline draft bust's coming off their payroll of his own free will.

Texas_Ranger
10-06-2006, 09:41 AM
Beno to Maccabi? This sucks.:(

thispego
10-06-2006, 09:56 AM
good, beno is a suck ass bitch

AlamoSpursFan
10-06-2006, 10:06 AM
I think, right about now, Pop would take a case of Manischewitz for Beno...

:lol

http://www.koscher.net/danel/images/manischewitz.jpg

George Gervin's Afro
10-06-2006, 10:07 AM
This is just a general question!

Is it possible for an NBA team to make a trade with a non NBA team?

ChumpDumper
10-06-2006, 10:08 AM
Unless something changed in the new CBA, not that I know of.

Slomo
10-06-2006, 10:17 AM
I have a hard time believing this.

If that article is right it would mean that Pop knew this when he made his public comments about Beno (these thing don't happen overnight) - and that would put Pop in a whole new category of weasel. Pop has his faults but that's too much.

If a deal is already being discussed, what's to be gained by saying what he did?

ducks
10-06-2006, 10:28 AM
pr move by the spurs if the deal was already being discussed

ChumpDumper
10-06-2006, 10:30 AM
What deal?

There can't be any "transaction" between these teams so that angle makes no sense. The only thing Pop would be laying the groundwork for on the Spurs end is passing on Beno's option or waiving him.

Solid D
10-06-2006, 10:34 AM
PJ Carlesimo said similar comments regarding their frustration with Beno and his injuries yesterday on the radio pre-game. PJ seemed to have an upset tone to his voice. The coaches may be trying to set a fire under Beno, if they doubt the seriousness of this injury. They do seem genuinely bothered, though.

If the story has any merit and Maccabi has "held talks" with Beno and the Spurs, the talks could very easily have been spawned since training camp started this week. More real-world, Pop is frustrated and he's talked to his buddy Nevin Spahija and it's likely the two will visit in Paris again soon. One inuendo leads to another and then you get a story.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-06-2006, 10:35 AM

If that article is right it would mean that Pop knew this when he made his public comments about Beno (these thing don't happen overnight) - and that would put Pop in a whole new category of weasel. Pop has his faults but that's too much.

If a deal is already being discussed, what's to be gained by saying what he did?

Because as of right now, he's a Spurs player. If nothing were to come of any transaction/backroom deals, etc. with Maccabi or any other team, the Spurs would still have a player that the coach considers a 4th-string PG.

Until the Beno situation is resolved (he's waived, traded or grows a pair and plays), his earning money for wimping it up is still a problem.

T Park
10-06-2006, 10:35 AM

The Slovenians are up in arms about Pop telling the truth.

Must be new territory for them...

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-06-2006, 10:37 AM

http://www.13thman.com/cheers/images/smiles/popcorn.gif

ducks
10-06-2006, 10:40 AM
nice red x johnny boy

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-06-2006, 10:44 AM
nice red x johnny boy

There, it's fixed. Happy now, hater?

Kibic
10-06-2006, 11:25 AM

Hehe, hi TPark!
Pop just knows he blow last season.... and yes he is upset!
Poor 76's they hurts.

Slomo
10-06-2006, 11:26 AM

TPark, shut the fuck up.

If your reading somprehension was any better than that of a 5 years old, you would realize that none of the Slovenian posters that expressed their opinion on Beno in the past couple of days has defended Beno's atitude or "injury".

But I'll limit the post to myself. Yesterday I actually presented my opinion where I thought the situation was ugly since such public comments signal a total break down of communications between him and Pop. That is hardly defending Beno, I see it as further criticism of his atitude.

Today I'm actually defending Pop against the allegations of a stupid reporter, saying that I can't believe Pop would thrash a person's character in public just for the fun of it - since there alledgedly was already a "deal" on the table to get rid of him, it serves no purpose.

Must be new territory for them...So you are implying that the Slovenian nation is a bunch of liars who can not tell or handle the truth?

You want the truth?

You're an overweight bastard who's IQ is directly opposed to the size of your double chin. Too bad that your mother had to tie porkchops to your leg so that the family dog would play with you - had she not done that then you might not feel the need to try and buy friendship on an internet forum.

You're a liar and a hypocrite and you're the last person on earth who can critisize anybody let alone a whole nation.

How's that for truth?

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-06-2006, 11:32 AM
TPark, shut the fuck up.

If your reading somprehension was any better than that of a 5 years old, you would realize that none of the Slovenian posters that expressed their opinion on Beno in the past couple of days has defended Beno's atitude or "injury".

But I'll limit the post to myself. Yesterday I actually presented my opinion where I thought the situation was ugly since such public comments signal a total break down of communications between him and Pop. That is hardly defending Beno, I see it as further criticism of his atitude.

Today I'm actually defending Pop against the allegations of a stupid reporter, saying that I can't believe Pop would thrash a person's character in public just for the fun of it - since there alledgedly was already a "deal" on the table to get rid of him, it serves no purpose.

So you are implying that the Slovenian nation is a bunch of liars who can not tell or handle the truth?

You want the truth?

You're an overweight bastard who's IQ is directly opposed to the size of your double chin. Too bad that your mother had to tie porkchops to your leg so that the family dog would play with you - had she not done that then you might not feel the need to try and buy friendship on an internet forum.

You're a liar and a hypocrite and you're the last person on earth who can critisize anybody let alone a whole nation.

How's that for truth?

http://www.13thman.com/cheers/images/smiles/popcorn.gif

Damnit, need a refill.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-06-2006, 11:32 AM
So, Slomo...when you coming back to the States?

Slomo
10-06-2006, 11:35 AM
So, Slomo...when you coming back to the States?April, at the latest.

MannyIsGod
10-06-2006, 11:35 AM
TPark, shut the fuck up.

So you are implying that the Slovenian nation is a bunch of liars who can not tell or handle the truth?

You want the truth?

How's that for truth?Tpark just had a motherfucking nuke dropped on his head. Hooooooooooollllllllly shit that was hardcore.

velik_m
10-06-2006, 11:37 AM
Poor 76's they hurts.

Did you take english lessons from Ducks? :lol

angel_luv
10-06-2006, 11:37 AM
April, at the latest.

Yea!! :elephant :D

velik_m
10-06-2006, 11:39 AM
You want the truth?

How's that for truth?

Bunch of lies. We all know that had his mother tie porkchops to him, he would just eaten them.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-06-2006, 11:43 AM
April, at the latest.

We'll grab a bite, my good man.

http://www.hillcountrycookin.com/cfs_files/cfs3x2.jpg

MannyIsGod
10-06-2006, 11:50 AM
I wish my mother had tied Chicken Fried Steak to my legs.

LilMissSPURfect
10-06-2006, 11:50 AM

:yield

Solid D
10-06-2006, 11:52 AM
Slomo with an epic blast! :lol wow!!! :wow :wow :wow :wow :wow

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-06-2006, 11:52 AM
:yield

It was the best pic I could find in a few seconds...I would treat Slomo to a much better one.

MannyIsGod
10-06-2006, 11:54 AM
Hey Joe, lets go to LuLus. I could use a CFS.

Slomo
10-06-2006, 11:56 AM

I wish my mother had tied Chicken Fried Steak to my legs.:lol

Not fair! you know how weak I am when it come to chicken fried steak.

I already have a hard time staying away from the Nachos thread by RandomGuy in the Club :)

OK now I have to raid the fridge :(

MaNuMaNiAc
10-06-2006, 11:59 AM
TPark, shut the fuck up.

You want the truth?

How's that for truth?:lmao :lmao :lmao!!!http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies2/pppowned.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/praise.gif

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-06-2006, 12:00 PM
Hey Joe, lets go to LuLus. I could use a CFS.

Can't today...problem with my paycheck and I'm broke until next week, but we'll go soon. I could use a good CFS (or CFC).

MannyIsGod
10-06-2006, 12:00 PM
Damn, Everytmie I read it I just crack up.

MaNuMaNiAc
10-06-2006, 12:03 PM
I put it on my sig :lmao its... its just classic :lol

ducks
10-06-2006, 12:05 PM
There, it's fixed. Happy now, hater?

you get on me for my grammar why can I not get on you for your mistakes :lol

ploto
10-06-2006, 12:19 PM
It is very believable that Maccabi contacted Beno and the Spurs. They see a player who does not seem happy- a team that does not seem happy- and maybe they think there would be an interest. Not only has Beno played for them, but Samo as well, although not in Tel Aviv.

The question boils down to the possibility and/or probability of something actually happening.

Slo spurs fan
10-06-2006, 12:21 PM
I started a new thread because this is NEWS.

Basketball / Udrich could be back for Mac. TA soon

By Vered Cohen

Maccabi Tel Aviv wants its former point guard, Beno Udrich, back at Yad Eliahu, despite having already signed Will Bynum to fill the position. Maccabi has reportedly held talks with the player and his team, the San Antonio Spurs.

Udrich, 24, 1.91 meters, played for Maccabi in the 2002/03 season under then coach David Blatt. After a disappointing year with the Tel Aviv side, however, he left for Italy, before being picked at 28 by San Antonio in the NBA Draft a year later.

After two seasons with the Spurs, the Slovenian's relations with San Antonio coach Greg Popovich have run aground and Udrich could be on the way out. The teams meet in an exhibition game in Paris on Sunday and Maccabi will take advantage of the opportunity to discuss a possible transaction with the Spurs.

Udrih is suffering from a hamstring strain and is not expected to play.

The Slovenian's frequent injuries and his absence from a large number of games have exhausted the patience of his coach. "He's the fourth point guard on our team now," Popovich said after Udrih sat out another practice session on the sidelines this week. "Give me a break."

Popovich said he's now counting on Brent Barry and newcomer Jacque Vaughn to back up Tony Parker. "I'm not going to sit them out just to play Beno because he's healthy again," Popovich said. "The longer he's out, the longer he's going to wait for his shot to show us something... It's very unfortunate for him and for our team, but we have to move on and look at other people because we can't count on him as he's so injury prone."

Meanwhile Maccabi hammered Climamio Bologna 93-67 in its opening game at the Paris tournament last night thanks to a devastating second-half performance.

The teams were locked at 39-39 at the interval, but led by Simas Jasaitis, Maccabi began to run away with the game in the third quarter, and stretched its lead to over 20 points in the final period.

Jasaitis led Maccabi with 22 points and 5 rebounds. Rodney Buford followed with 18 points, Lior Eliyahu added 16 points and 7 rebounds, and Will Bynum scored 5 points, handed out 8 assists and brought down 5 rebounds.

In other games yesterday the Spurs won 115-90 against Belgium's Asvel, while Barcelona downed the Philadelphia 76ers 104-99

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/771186.html

This "journalist" is one stupid MF and he don´t know shit.
Beno is not Udrich and Asvel is from France and not from Belgum. This is only his speculation.

Slo spurs fan
10-06-2006, 12:24 PM

Beno just stop fucking around and stop being a pussy and show them that you can play in NBA.
See, even I (almost) lost hope.

:stfu fatass

MaNuMaNiAc
10-06-2006, 12:27 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y52/manumania/classic.jpg

http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif Sorry, couldn't help it http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

Slo spurs fan
10-06-2006, 12:31 PM
Also Maccabi has already two PGs. Bynum and Halperin.

gus
10-06-2006, 12:41 PM
Bynum is a PG????-

Gus

Slo spurs fan
10-06-2006, 12:45 PM
Bynum is a PG????-

Gus
Bynum the PG (http://www.euroleague.net/news/i/365/180/maccabi-tabs-bynum-at-point?smid=277)

Slo spurs fan
10-06-2006, 12:46 PM
Two weeks back Maccabi played in my town against Olimpija Ljubljana and he made a MONSTER dunk and he is only 183 cm high.

Bruno
10-06-2006, 03:30 PM

Agree and look at what he has said in the Ludden's article :

“We think he's a hell of a passer and a hell of a shooter. But can he do it consistently or is it a night here and a night there? This is the year he needs to show that to us."

On the one hand he said that Beno need to be consistent this year with Spurs and on the other hand he is working on a buyout ?
It makes few sense.

ChumpDumper
10-06-2006, 03:35 PM
It might blow ploto's mind, but it's entirely possible that the contact with Maccabi was initiated by Beno's agent -- especially if the Spurs are leaning toward passing on Beno's option. If Maccabi spoke with the Spurs about that possibility, everything makes sense -- not this "transaction" BS.

ploto
10-06-2006, 04:02 PM
It might blow ploto's mind, but it's entirely possible that the contact with Maccabi was initiated by Beno's agent -- especially if the Spurs are leaning toward passing on Beno's option. If Maccabi spoke with the Spurs about that possibility, everything makes sense -- not this "transaction" BS.
I have no problem with the notion that Beno's agent might have contacted Maccabi. I already said that Beno wants out. It would make no sense, though, to say it is related to next year. If the Spurs and Maccabi spoke at all- IF they did- it would be about now. Like I said before, if Beno wanted to be gone, I believe that he would have NO problem asking to be traded or bought out. If he has an interest in Maccabi, then it would seem that he would rather go back to Europe. Not every player decides they like the NBA, and some nowdays simply choose to stay in Europe and are very happy.

Either way, I think most would agree-- It's time for them to part ways.

ShoogarBear
10-06-2006, 04:03 PM
You want the truth?
Next up: Slomo vs. Colonel Nathan Jessup.

ChumpDumper
10-06-2006, 04:07 PM
It would make no sense, though, to say it is related to next year. If the Spurs and Maccabi spoke at all- IF they did- it would be about now.That's what I said. If Beno's option isn't picked up he might be more likely to leave this season.
Like I said before, if Beno wanted to be gone, I believe that he would have NO problem asking to be traded or bought out.I think the Spurs have been shopping him for awhile now. Asking for a trade and being traded are two different things. A buyout would be advantageous for both if neither party wants Beno here.
Not every player decides they like the NBA, and some nowdays simply choose to stay in Europe and are very happy.Most players don't have much of a choice.

NuGGeTs-FaN
10-06-2006, 04:18 PM
trade him and something else to the Nuggets for the midget :smokin

Slinkyman
10-06-2006, 04:21 PM

Fans wouldn't have been mad anyway, more minutes for brent barry = fans happy

ATX Spur
10-06-2006, 04:22 PM

we'll give you him and a towel waver, give us the ball grabber and the midget and i'm down

bigdog
10-06-2006, 04:22 PM

talk about SMALL ball. haha. just kidding. man he would be awesome for the spurs. but we know denver just lvoes him too much. i want to see beno leave SA,but i would wish him well wherever he goes

zeleni
10-06-2006, 04:29 PM

If Beno wants out, then he does not posses a champions heart. I would be really sad, if he wouldn't tried for a ring in a more inclusive role. Euroleague is just not the same as a NBA championship. Beno needs to thrive to be the best...

Maccabi would be in a huge front of the race to Athens, if the deal goes down. But Beno will never be the same or better, he will only get worse.

timvp
10-06-2006, 04:29 PM
As much as I've been hard on Beno for being a wuss, the Spurs still need him. Unless they go out and trade for a point guard, Beno needs to stay on the roster.

Jacque Vaughn is a third point guard. Brent Barry won't be able to play backup point guard against about half the points in the league. Beno still has a huge value to this team as the roster stands right now.

And people shouldn't act like this is the first time Pop has publicly called players out. He called out Sean Elliott even more hardcore back in the day -- and Elliott is probably Pop's favorite player of all-time.

Pop will bash players in the public to make a point to the player. He wants Beno to have people ask him WTF is wrong. Coaches can only get on him so much. Now with the whole world knowing Beno is a wuss, perhaps this will light a fire under him.

Another thing to remember is Pop will only slam players he knows that can take it. The more fragile players (think Hedo Turkoglu), he would keep his criticism under wraps. With the adversity Beno had in his last couple years in Europe, he's heard a lot worse than a coach questioning his manhood.

Bottomline is the Spurs need Beno to get on the basketball court. Pop is doing all he can to get him out there.

P.S.

:wow @ Slomo

Drive Like Jehu
10-06-2006, 04:32 PM
we'll give you him and a towel waver, give us the ball grabber and the midget and i'm down

Sanders + Udrih + Williams

for

Najera + Boykins

works according to Realgm.com's trade analyzer.

ATX Spur
10-06-2006, 04:36 PM
Sanders + Udrih + Williams

for

Najera + Boykins

works according to Realgm.com's trade analyzer.

haha I meant Evans + Boykins

NuGGeTs-FaN
10-06-2006, 04:42 PM
talk about SMALL ball. haha. just kidding. man he would be awesome for the spurs. but we know denver just lvoes him too much.

they used to love him too much

Some of the new front office love him and some dont. The majority of fans i talk to dont like him but i suspect he probably is a hit with the children and family crowd.

Plays from early boykins consists of........ dribbling up the court quickly, forcing a shot up and missing or dribbling up the court slowly and holding the ball for 20 seconds and then forcing a shot up and missing. You get the jist

:smokin

MannyIsGod
10-06-2006, 05:12 PM
Beno can go to Maccabi or any other non-NBA team he pleases at any time. The Spurs would still retain his rights for one season if he came back. That's all. It's easy to say the Spurs are evil, but in this case they if they are trying to be ahead of the story, they can't be that broken up about a borderline draft bust's coming off their payroll of his own free will.Um, how sure are you about this? This sounds wrong to me. How come we have to respect their contracts but they don't have to respect the NBA contracts?

ChumpDumper
10-06-2006, 05:57 PM
Um, how sure are you about this? This sounds wrong to me. How come we have to respect their contracts but they don't have to respect the NBA contracts?I'm probably off-base here. I was reading the CBA in bits and pieces and not getting the whole picture.

Section 3. Withholding Services.
A player who withholds playing services called for by a Player Contract for more than thirty (30) days after the start of the last Season covered by his Player Contract shall be deemed not to have “complet[ed] his Player Contract by rendering the playing services called for thereunder.” Accordingly, such a player shall not be a Veteran Free Agent and shall not be entitled to negotiate or sign a Player Contract with any other professional basketball team unless and until the Team for which the player last played expressly agrees otherwise.

http://www.nbpa.com/cba_articles/article-XI.php#section3

Now it doesn't say specifically his contract is voided at that point, but it sure sounds like it meets the definition of a voidable deal found elsewhere in the CBA. I don't why hanging onto his deal would make any sense to the Spurs at that point considering the luxury tax, but they may not have to pay him either. The fact it said "any other professional basketball team" instead of just any other NBA team makes me think I am indeed wrong.

ploto
10-06-2006, 06:48 PM
And people shouldn't act like this is the first time Pop has publicly called players out. He called out Sean Elliott even more hardcore back in the day -- and Elliott is probably Pop's favorite player of all-time.

Pop will bash players in the public to make a point to the player. He wants Beno to have people ask him WTF is wrong. Coaches can only get on him so much. Now with the whole world knowing Beno is a wuss, perhaps this will light a fire under him.

Another thing to remember is Pop will only slam players he knows that can take it. The more fragile players (think Hedo Turkoglu), he would keep his criticism under wraps. With the adversity Beno had in his last couple years in Europe, he's heard a lot worse than a coach questioning his manhood.

Bottomline is the Spurs need Beno to get on the basketball court. Pop is doing all he can to get him out there.

Just don't think it is going to work. If coaches or teammates aren't having the impact the Spurs want, then I really don't think the opinion of the public will.

milkyway21
10-06-2006, 08:37 PM
i just wish Pops kept his mouth shut and talked Beno's fate in the locker room not to the media. Now who's going to sign Beno in the league, they'd think twice before that. Noboody but a team outside the NBA.

i am truly disappointed with Pops, particulary this strategy if those comments were actually for this reason. :oops

Actually I'm no longer a 100% fan of his starting today. I just wish he won't do this to Duncan or Manu in the future when they're older, because he also done something to David Robinson that I didn't like-lessen his minutes until Robinson asked him "wait a minute..."

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-06-2006, 09:04 PM
I need everyone's opinion on this: Is Eric Williams gonna fit in with the Spurs and be good enough to be Bowen's backup or not? Because I am gonna look up teams who need either Beno, Brent, or Eric so I can make a good trade and then see how y'all think of the trade.

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-06-2006, 09:23 PM
a possible transaction with the Spurs.

I wonder if they have any long small forwards...

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-06-2006, 09:25 PM
Too bad that your mother had to tie porkchops to your leg so that the family dog would play with you

Just had to post again - that's hilarious :lmao

iceman44
10-06-2006, 09:40 PM
I hope Beno stays but if he leaves. I wish him the best.

picnroll
10-06-2006, 09:45 PM
If Beno can't suck it up he should be gone one way or another. And if Beno is gone Spurs are in a world of hurt for a backup PG. Vaughn proved against the scrub team the other day he should be the Spurs 4th/5th backup at pG and Barry is no answer. I don't want to see Barry anywhere near the floor guarding a Terry/Harris or Nash/Barbosa combo. And without a credible backup Parker will be so worn out he'll be using a walker by May, just like last year.

mcornelio
10-06-2006, 10:09 PM
angel losing them one by one :depressedim going to introduce angel to francisco elson, maybe she can work the angel_luv curse on him

milkyway21
10-06-2006, 10:13 PM
angel_luv curse on him that's not nice :nope

gospursgojas
10-07-2006, 01:42 AM
No! Not my Beno! :(

I mean, yes if it is best for him.

But no, how sad for me!

:rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

I know I'm usually not a mean poster and I don't single anyone out, but who else here is tired of these type of posts from her???

Das Texan
10-07-2006, 01:49 AM
TPark, shut the fuck up.

You want the truth?

How's that for truth?

I mean.

Wow.

Holy fuck.

*pulls up chair*

Buddy Holly
10-07-2006, 01:54 AM
TPark:

http://www.worth1000.com/entries/30000/30383home_w.jpg

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-07-2006, 03:36 AM
Far be it for me to kick the live grenade back onto the playing field, but as I was researching T Park whining about how everybody always hates on him, well, I found this little gem.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=702018&postcount=13

Just being honest.

Sorry if honesty is something the polish hate.

Two countries down, 191 more to go.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-07-2006, 03:50 AM

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=592106&postcount=50

Im not english, dont hate me.

I just refer to what your fans constantly say down in Argentina.

MaNuMaNiAc
10-07-2006, 04:09 AM
T Park loves being an asshole to people until people get fed up, then he loves playing the victim.

BgT
10-07-2006, 09:28 AM
I just have to check my new signature...

Edit: doesn't look bad... doesn't look bad at all...

carina_gino20
10-07-2006, 09:44 AM

I know I'm usually not a mean poster and I don't single anyone out, but who else here is tired of these type of posts from her???

definitely not me... :angel

BgT
10-07-2006, 10:25 AM

Probably the porkchop guy is with you.

SenorSpur
10-07-2006, 10:31 AM
If the Spurs do get rid of Beno - BE AFRAID, BE VERY AFRAID.

We saw what lengths the Spurs were willing to go last year to stablize the backup PG position by signing a washed-up Nick Van Exel and arrogantly convincing themselves hthat HE would be the answer.

At this time of the year, anyone they bring in will be a scrub, like Jeff McInnis - YUCK!

sendman
10-07-2006, 03:49 PM

I am POP, and I am telling you:"YOU ARE AN IMBECIL!"

There, TRUTH HAS BEEN TOLD.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-07-2006, 04:10 PM
I am POP, and I am telling you:"YOU ARE AN IMBECIL!"

There, TRUTH HAS BEEN TOLD.

No offense, but I'd like to believe the Air Force Academy helped Pop learn to spell "imbecile."

sendman
10-07-2006, 04:15 PM
No offense, but I'd like to believe the Air Force Academy helped Pop learn to spell "imbecile."
No, it didn't.

Bruno
10-10-2006, 06:09 AM
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/772458.html

Udrih turns down Mac. TA; will stay with San Antonio

Beno Udrih will not be returning to Maccabi Tel Aviv. San Antonio's Slovenian playmaker, who appeared for Maccabi three years ago, is out of favor with his coach, Greg Popovich, but told Maccabi when the teams met in Paris on Sunday that he wished to stay with the Spurs. Udrih fell out of favor with Popvich after missing much of last season with repeated injuries. Meanwhile, Maccabi will meet CSKA Moscow in Cologne, Germany this evening as part of the NBA Live tournament. CSKA defeated Maccabi in last season's Euroleague final. (Vered Cohen)

angel_luv
10-10-2006, 10:28 AM
Good job Beno! Now get out there and play. :)

Mixability
10-10-2006, 11:10 AM

you are not alone.

but i guess if I based my fan-dom for a team on how many cute guys there were playing for them, I wouldn't bring much to the table either.

Kori Ellis
10-10-2006, 11:16 AM
you are not alone.

but i guess if I based my fan-dom for a team on how many cute guys there were playing for them, I wouldn't bring much to the table either.

So you think Rasho and Beno are cute? :lol

Just kidding.

Mixability
10-10-2006, 11:21 AM
So you think Rasho and Beno are cute? :lol

Just kidding.

And thus the rumors start....

I've bit my tongue until now, because I thought maybe I was alone by thinking this, but cmon, admit it. All the "God bless" "oh no, not my Beno/Rasho" gets a little old after a while, right?

angel_luv
10-10-2006, 11:28 AM
And thus the rumors start....

I've bit my tongue until now, because I thought maybe I was alone by thinking this, but cmon, admit it. All the "God bless" "oh no, not my Beno/Rasho" gets a little old after a while, right?

You following me around to pick on me gets old too but I allow it. :lol

Seriously, I am not out to get on your nerves.

I meant every God bless I have ever posted.

As for Beno and Rasho, (I mean everything I say about them to, but that's not my point :lol), I would like to point out:

1) I don't go around starting I love Beno and Rasho threads- my posts are just one of many in threads started by other people. Easy enough to skip over.

1A) I don't even post about Rasho in the Spurs forum anymore. I keep that in the NBA forum, where it belongs.

2) If people are allowed to post consistent insults about Beno and Rasho, why can't I always be nice?

Again, I am really not out to annoy you. But really, how much tolerance do I require?

bigzak25
10-10-2006, 11:31 AM
No, it didn't.

Mixability
10-10-2006, 11:39 AM
You following me around to pick on me gets old too but I allow it. :lol

Seriously, I am not out to get on your nerves.

I meant every God bless I have ever posted.

As for Beno and Rasho, (I mean everything I say about them to, but that's not my point :lol), I would like to point out:

1) I don't go around starting I love Beno and Rasho threads- my posts are just one of many in threads started by other people. Easy enough to skip over.

1A) I don't even post about Rasho in the Spurs forum anymore. I keep that in the NBA forum, where it belongs.

2) If people are allowed to post consistent insults about Beno and Rasho, why can't I always be nice?

Again, I am really not out to annoy you. But really, how much tolerance do I require?

One can be followed on a forum, thats more amazing than Rasho actually being paid to play basketball. I know you don't TRY to annoy anyone, but as far as I'm concerned, "I wish him the best" and "I'll pray for him" is annoying to me. I haven't used the ignore function before when I've been tempted, for example with T Pork because reading his posts make me laugh and his points are hilarious. When people bash Rasho/Beno, most of time, they have things about their game to use as their argument as to why they don't like them. All I ever read from you is that "Malik/Beno/Rasho/whatever "nice guy" player is funny/nice/cute". If I've overlooked more knowledgeable b-ball related posts from you, I'm sorry. I apologize for the bluntness.

angel_luv
10-10-2006, 11:51 AM
One can be followed on a forum, thats more amazing than Rasho actually being paid to play basketball. I know you don't TRY to annoy anyone, but as far as I'm concerned, "I wish him the best" and "I'll pray for him" is annoying to me. I haven't used the ignore function before when I've been tempted, for example with T Pork because reading his posts make me laugh and his points are hilarious. When people bash Rasho/Beno, most of time, they have things about their game to use as their argument as to why they don't like them. All I ever read from you is that "Malik/Beno/Rasho/whatever "nice guy" player is funny/nice/cute". If I've overlooked more knowledgeable b-ball related posts from you, I'm sorry. I apologize for the bluntness.

Okay, you caught me. I am not a basketball guru. I can pretty much only tell you the obvious. :oops

:lmao I am in trouble for being too nice. That is too great! My mom will love that!

In a moment of seriousness, about your bluntness, you have a right to your opinion- that was the really whole point of my post.

And for the record, I do bring something unique to the table- how many other people on here think that Rasho is cute? :lol

Mixability
10-10-2006, 11:55 AM
Okay, you caught me. I am not a basketball guru. I can pretty much only tell you the obvious. :oops

:lmao I am in trouble for being to nice. That is too great! My mom will love that!

In a moment of seriousness, about your bluntness, you have a right to your opinion- that was the really whole point of my post.

And for the record, I do bring something unique to the table- how many other people on here think that Rasho is cute? :lol

Well now that I know that you can't bring anything to the table, maybe it won't be as annoying to me.

As far as Rasho being cute, I'm not a judge of that, but I'm pretty sure you're alone in THAT boat.

MaNuMaNiAc
10-10-2006, 12:06 PM
Well now that I know that you can't bring anything to the table, maybe it won't be as annoying to me.

As far as Rasho being cute, I'm not a judge of that, but I'm pretty sure you're alone in THAT boat.hey Daniel, not to be blunt or anything but what exactly has been your precious contribution to this forum that you keep talking about "bringing things to the table" and busting Angel's chops?

phyzik
10-10-2006, 12:08 PM
hey Daniel, not to be blunt or anything but what exactly has been your precious contribution to this forum that you keep talking about "bringing things to the table" and busting Angel's chops?

:lol almost exactly what I was thinking.

velik_m
10-10-2006, 12:14 PM
Slomo busting T Park, angel_luv getting put on ignore list for being too nice... this thread is classic! :lol

angel_luv
10-10-2006, 12:15 PM
:D

Mixability
10-10-2006, 12:20 PM
hey Daniel, not to be blunt or anything but what exactly has been your precious contribution to this forum that you keep talking about "bringing things to the table" and busting Angel's chops?

i apologize for going off track.

And for that matter, I'd rather have Beno than Vaughn, but we'll see how THAT goes.

ploto
10-10-2006, 02:03 PM
One of you single guys should volunteer to teach Angel more about basketball so that she could contribute to the discussions from more of a basketball perspective. :D

ploto
10-10-2006, 02:06 PM
As for Beno and Rasho, (I mean everything I say about them to, but that's not my point :lol

I don't go around starting I love Beno and Rasho threads- my posts are just one of many in threads started by other people. Easy enough to skip over.

If people are allowed to post consistent insults about Beno and Rasho, why can't I always be nice?

Anyone else notice that Rasho has been relegated to second place. ;)

FromWayDowntown
10-10-2006, 03:10 PM
I got wind of this elsewhere, but the TPark issue in this thread is just too juicy to ignore.

:worthy: Slomo

The callouts of TPark's provincialism are outstanding, too.

Maybe there should be a vBookie about which nation's people TPark will next make a completely negative generalization.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-10-2006, 03:13 PM
I got wind of this elsewhere, but the TPark issue in this thread is just too juicy to ignore.

:worthy: Slomo

The callouts of TPark's provincialism are outstanding, too.

Maybe there should be a vBookie about which nation's people TPark will next make a completely negative generalization.

We couldn't. It'd be too open for T Park to simply make something up to benefit a certain bettor. It's got to be the legitimate disdain, nationalist pride and written vitriol that Eric sets on here to truly be country #4.

FromWayDowntown
10-10-2006, 03:23 PM
We couldn't. It'd be too open for T Park to simply make something up to benefit a certain bettor. It's got to be the legitimate disdain, nationalist pride and written vitriol that Eric sets on here to truly be country #4.

Honestly, I'm shocked that anyone could understand the last sentence in my last post.

thispego
10-10-2006, 03:24 PM
:lmao priceless

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-10-2006, 04:36 PM

hey MaNuMaNiA, not to be blunt or anything but what exactly has been your precious contribution to this forum that you keep talking and not shutting up?

ShoogarBear
10-10-2006, 04:48 PM
Honestly, I'm shocked that anyone could understand the last sentence in my last post.

Shocked you must not be as understand we usually anyway don't.

FromWayDowntown
10-10-2006, 04:51 PM

ATX Spur
10-10-2006, 05:03 PM

Yoda secretly you are?

~Sweetmelody~
10-10-2006, 05:28 PM
If I've overlooked more knowledgeable b-ball related posts from you, I'm sorry. I apologize for the bluntness.

Since when does someone need to be knowledgeable to post on this forum?

Because 90% of the posts are about opinions- soo pretty much it can all be BS :lol

And for the record, I do bring something unique to the table- how many other people on here think that Rasho is cute?

Everyone brings something to the table, even the most obnoxious posters. (Did I just say that?)

and yes Rasho is cute :-)

ashbeeigh
10-10-2006, 06:08 PM
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/772458.html

Udrih turns down Mac. TA; will stay with San Antonio

Beno Udrih will not be returning to Maccabi Tel Aviv. San Antonio's Slovenian playmaker, who appeared for Maccabi three years ago, is out of favor with his coach, Greg Popovich, but told Maccabi when the teams met in Paris on Sunday that he wished to stay with the Spurs. Udrih fell out of favor with Popvich after missing much of last season with repeated injuries. Meanwhile, Maccabi will meet CSKA Moscow in Cologne, Germany this evening as part of the NBA Live tournament. CSKA defeated Maccabi in last season's Euroleague final. (Vered Cohen)

Now, I know I'm rather late on this little love fest. But here is my opinion. Beno is hurt. Pop doesn't appreciate him being hurt. I was thinking as a while back that he's been playing basketball for almost like 12 years now right? At a rather rigourous pace. You can go back to any of the older articles we've posted or google them and see that he practiced like hours and hours and hours when he was a teenager. I never as an athlete (even though I tried one year), but I did know some bad ass athletes in high school who accumlated some heavy injuries from just high school athletics. The Spurs took a chance on Beno when they signed him. He had a previous shoulder injury, and he was out during training camp, all previous. It was something they chanced. It's been the organization's goal to go with a more European line up (in the past few seasons) instead of a more American university headliner line-up. They took their chances, and because Beno's been beaten up, from a younger age, he's going to have the injuries. And maybe he is being a baby, but who's to say it doesn't hurt just a little? You don't want a sprain to turn into a break do you? You all have seen things on TV where people have ignored small injuries and they've turned into life threathening events. Things just pile up, he's like a little old Slovenian man with all his injuries, whose's coach doesn't like. But I don't know if his coach has realized that his injuries may have piled up, and their chances haven't worked out too well for them. But of course, that's my opinion.

Obstructed_View
10-10-2006, 09:13 PM
One can be followed on a forum, thats more amazing than Rasho actually being paid to play basketball.
You would bust on someone for their basketball knowledge and you would lead off with this idiotic gem? :lol

MaNuMaNiAc
10-10-2006, 09:57 PM
hey MaNuMaNiA, not to be blunt or anything but what exactly has been your precious contribution to this forum that you keep talking and not shutting up?I don't know, you tell me, but I'm not the one calling out other posters on what they bring to the table on the first place. Hey Johnny, did I insult your mother or something in the course of the past few weeks, because you've been a regular drama queen as of late, bitching and moaning about every little thing I say.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-10-2006, 10:01 PM
I don't know, you tell me, but I'm not the one calling out other posters on what they bring to the table on the first place. Hey Johnny, did I insult your mother or something in the course of the past few weeks, because you've been a regular drama queen as of late, bitching and moaning about every little thing I say.

No, I just tire of yours...

And give me a little credit, I can think of two times I've done so.

MaNuMaNiAc
10-10-2006, 10:09 PM
No, I just tire of yours...

And give me a little credit, I can think of two times I've done so.oh thats brilliant princess, now explain to me how what I've said in this thread constitutes bitching? since you're so obviously "tired of mine".

EDIT: No, you know what?, nevermind. Obviously some bug crawled up your ass a while ago, I suggest you go look for it... and your head for that matter.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-10-2006, 10:13 PM
oh thats brilliant princess, now explain to me how what I've said in this thread constitutes bitching? since you're so obviously "tired of mine".

In this thread?

Well, considering you asked somebody about their contributions to the forum when they formed an opinion of somebody is a good start.

Also, since you openly and willingly question people's intelligence of their opinions, don't get whiny when somebody does the same to you.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-10-2006, 10:15 PM
EDIT: No, you know what?, nevermind. Obviously some bug crawled up your ass a while ago, I suggest you go look for it... and your head for that matter.

If only you knew how many people have a bug up their ass about you.

There are probably just as many with one about me, but I'm not dumb enough to think it doesn't exist and that I don't do anything to provoke it, unlike you, Mr. Innocence.

I'm done, though, I'm not going to hijack the thread any longer with thoughts about you.

MaNuMaNiAc
10-10-2006, 10:16 PM
In this thread?

Well, considering you asked somebody about their contributions to the forum when they formed an opinion of somebody is a good start.

Also, since you openly and willingly question people's intelligence of their opinions, don't get whiny when somebody does the same to you.I questioned the need to call Angel out for her "contributions" when Danyel up isn't necesarily a basketball genius either. What's so wrong about Angel being positive all the time? You think there is something wrong with that? or are you just bitching against simply because its me?

MaNuMaNiAc
10-10-2006, 10:22 PM
If only you knew how many people have a bug up their ass about you.

There are probably just as many with one about me, but I'm not dumb enough to think it doesn't exist and that I don't do anything to provoke it, unlike you, Mr. Innocence.

I'm done, though, I'm not going to hijack the thread any longer with thoughts about you.http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif bitch and run? that your approach? if you didn't want to hijack the thread, then don't post in it the first place.

WTF? see now you're just making shit up. Never said or implied everybody likes me. I haven't provoked shit in this thread, other than your sorry ass, but you obviously don't need much provoking to get all riled up. I have nothing against Danyel, just feel that the dude shouldn't give Angel a hard time for being positive all the time. If you find any fault with that then get back to me, until then you're crying about some old shit, and you should really get over it.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-10-2006, 10:30 PM
Bitch and run, my ass.

This isn't my forum and I'm not going to bore Kori's spot with more shit about you.

I should have just done something like this in the first place, and for everybody else, I apologize.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=7

And yeah, asking somebody about contributions is provocation.

MaNuMaNiAc
10-10-2006, 10:55 PM
Bitch and run, my ass.

This isn't my forum and I'm not going to bore Kori's spot with more shit about you.

I should have just done something like this in the first place, and for everybody else, I apologize.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=7

And yeah, asking somebody about contributions is provocation.I agree, PM is a better option, and it would work too, if you answered the damn pms http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif Either way I'm done here, I'm going to sleep.

ATX Spur
10-11-2006, 02:25 AM
Classic Thread Forum

Nikos
10-11-2006, 07:59 AM
Is Beno better than Will Bynum, or would he just play SG at Macabbi?

Mixability
10-11-2006, 09:48 AM
damn, I apologized during my rant to Angel and now "people" think I was giving her a hard time. And to think I was just agreeing with another poster. :rolleyes

All I meant by my opinion was that the same old, "god bless/he's cute" take on sports was getting old. But now that she confirmed that she knows little about basketball, it's useless to have it annoy me anymore. Since she said I should just ignore her posts, I've been trying to deal with the fact that I won't be able to hear the Play by Play of Oprah today or hear about where she saw the latest celebrity. :angel :lol

MaNuMaNiAc
10-11-2006, 11:36 AM
damn, I apologized during my rant to Angel and now "people" think I was giving her a hard time. And to think I was just agreeing with another poster. :eyebrows

All I meant by my opinion was that the same old, "god bless/he's cute" take on sports was getting old. But now that she confirmed that she knows little about basketball, it's useless to have it annoy me anymore. Since she said I should just ignore her posts, I've been trying to deal with the fact that I won't be able to hear the Play by Play of Oprah today or hear about where she saw the latest celebrity. :angel :lolI was just commenting. Its not like you commited a crime http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

Mixability
10-11-2006, 11:48 AM
Its not like you commited a crime http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

well you act like I did.

and that's coming from someone who laughed at the death of Anna Nicoles son and pretty much said she deserved it.

MaNuMaNiAc
10-11-2006, 11:49 AM
well you act like I did.

and that's coming from someone who laughed at the death of Anna Nicoles son and pretty much said she deserved it.still with that shit? what? did get traumatised by that comment?

Mixability
10-11-2006, 12:20 PM
still with that shit? what? did get traumatised by that comment?

calm the fuck down, geez.

it was a fucking joke.

MaNuMaNiAc
10-11-2006, 12:24 PM
calm the fuck down, geez.

it was a fucking joke.who needs to calm down now? http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif I'm calm bro, you're the one making a big deal out of this. Look, lets follow Johnny's example over there and get back on track, because I want this thread to remain classic material, Slomo's post is priceless

Mixability
10-11-2006, 12:30 PM
who needs to calm down now? http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif I'm calm bro, you're the one making a big deal out of this. Look, lets follow Johnny's example over there and get back on track, because I want this thread to remain classic material, Slomo's post is priceless

damn, you're a schizo or something. You get all pissy over my angel comments, so I'll bring out the Anna Nicole rant you had and then you blow up again and then I'm told to calm down.

Brevity is the soul of wit

Live it.

angel_luv
10-11-2006, 12:34 PM
When I envisioned guys fighting over me... this wasn't the scenario I had in mind. :lol

MaNuMaNiAc
10-11-2006, 12:56 PM
damn, you're a schizo or something. You get all pissy over my angel comments, so I'll bring out the Anna Nicole rant you had and then you blow up again and then I'm told to calm down.

Brevity is the soul of wit

Live it.who the hell is blowing up?? are you on your period of something?? You live on your own little fantasy world don't you? Do something, calmly read over my comments to you and tell me if it seems like I'm either not calm, or blowing up?

Mixability
10-11-2006, 01:29 PM
who the hell is blowing up?? are you on your period of something?? You live on your own little fantasy world don't you? Do something, calmly read over my comments to you and tell me if it seems like I'm either not calm, or blowing up?

I've read your comments, if you're calm when you write it, I'd hate to see when you DO blow up. But anyways, move on.

Mixability
10-11-2006, 01:30 PM
When I envisioned guys fighting over me... this wasn't the scenario I had in mind. :lol

Let me guess, you imagine Rasho slapping Beno and Beno then hitting Rasho with his purse?

angel_luv
10-11-2006, 01:31 PM
Let me guess, you imagine Rasho slapping Beno and Beno then hitting Rasho with his purse?

:lmao That is by far the funniest thing you have ever said to me.
Touche! :)

Slo spurs fan
10-11-2006, 02:03 PM
Usualy I would start a war but this is really hilarious :lol