PDA

View Full Version : -->)DeathBlow(<--***Official TX-OU Gameblog***(sponsered by Ben Davis

Cant_Be_Faded
10-06-2006, 06:17 PM
It's Texas. It's Ou. It's the 101st meeting. It will be a battle of wits. It will be a battle of guts. It will be a battle of Death Blows. But who will land the final Death Blow? Who, I said?

That is the question. And it will be answered tommorow. So who, I ask, who will land the final Death Blow?

-----------------------)))))))))))>>>>>>>>>>>>>*OWn.t

It's german. For the bart. The.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-06-2006, 06:19 PM
http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/images/2001_02/main_images/11/james_brown_200.jpg

James Brown became the first UT QB in 30 years to make his starting debut in the Red River Shootout. He went on to lead Texas to a 17-10 victory over the Sooners.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-06-2006, 06:20 PM
http://www.sckans.edu/digital/support/soonersite/Images/RedRiverShootout.jpg

Or will this happen?

Cant_Be_Faded
10-06-2006, 06:21 PM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/v3/10-09-2005.ns_09keyplay1.2.GH21NASSS.1.jpg

UT's Jamaal Charles strolls into the end zone, finishing an 80-yard run ahead of OU's D.J. Wolfe (25) and Eric Bassey.

"I JUST WANT MORE!"

mookie2001
10-06-2006, 06:29 PM
He wants more

johngateswhiteley
10-06-2006, 06:42 PM
Stoops owns mack again and everyone in t.u. turns their back on the coach b/c they are pathetic fans.

OU 23
t.u. 20

Kori Ellis
10-06-2006, 06:44 PM
Mookie locking threads that are already on the same subject is classic.

You are supposed to lock threads like this, not the threads that came first :lol

johngateswhiteley
10-06-2006, 06:48 PM

You are supposed to lock threads like this, not the threads that came first :lol

...what do you expect, mookie is corrupt and does a shitty job. why do you think this board has so much crap in it?...its a direct reflection of who manages it.

mookie2001
10-06-2006, 06:54 PM

You are supposed to lock threads like this, not the threads that came first :lolLOL maybe a neocon would do it different

Kori Ellis
10-06-2006, 06:57 PM
LOL maybe a neocon would do it different

Yeah I'll leave it to the Liberal to be bias toward your special interests(friends) threads.

I opened the other two but merged them.

mookie2001
10-06-2006, 07:01 PM
Yeah I'll leave it to the Liberal to be bias toward your special interests(friends) threads.

I opened the other two but merged them.yeah whatever happened to Johnny Tightlips?, Whatd he get banned for?

Mr Dio
10-06-2006, 07:03 PM
...what do you expect, mookie is corrupt and does a shitty job. why do you think this board has so much crap in it?...its a direct reflection of who manages it.

:lol :lol :lol

She's goin' POSTAL fellas!!!!!!!

Mr Dio
10-06-2006, 07:04 PM

You had your SHITTY SHITTY SHITTY thread merged & you're pissed???
Did it suprise you, you fuckin MORON!!!???!!?!?!? :lol

Kori Ellis
10-06-2006, 07:05 PM
yeah whatever happened to Johnny Tightlips?, Whatd he get banned for?

He didn't.

mookie2001
10-06-2006, 07:18 PM
dio do you remember after you hunted marcus bryant down in the political forum and ruined him dirty style for like a few days, he quit posting forever and was saying the same stuff jgw was saying, like asking you to stop and calling you immature ROFL, youve got whitley on the ropes...

Kori Ellis
10-06-2006, 07:20 PM
dio do you remember after you hunted marcus bryant down in the political forum and ruined him dirty style for like a few days, he quit posting forever and was saying the same stuff jgw was saying, like asking you to stop and calling you immature ROFL, youve got whitley on the ropes...

He still posts.

mookie2001
10-06-2006, 07:24 PM
only in the spurs forum though, and thats like the shittiest forum

Cant_Be_Faded
10-06-2006, 07:24 PM
Kori, allow a sober person to explain, the reason mookie did this was cuz he was too feeble to know how to merge threads.

CHIGGA RUGGA RUm

johngateswhiteley
10-06-2006, 07:25 PM

question:

did dio talk about bukkake-ing him and choad-bloading, or whatever the hell it is you weirdos talk about? cause thats weak and your weak, and dio is weak. dio has yet, as well as you, to make one logical and effective post the entire time i have been on this board.

one thing that i don't get, is why Kori, whom appears to be pretty intelligent, lets a joker like you manage the college sports forum....and someone like dio talk about everything except whats relevant. and i don't mean ban him, i don't believe in banning, but cleaning up garbage post after garbage post would be nice.

mookie2001
10-06-2006, 07:25 PM
he used to have a dominant aggy avatar

Cant_Be_Faded
10-06-2006, 07:26 PM
marcus bryant had the lamest avatar in the entire history of the entire message board world....

Mr Dio
10-06-2006, 07:27 PM
question:

did dio talk about bukkake-ing him and choad-bloading, or whatever the hell it is you weirdos talk about? cause thats weak and your weak, and dio is weak. dio has yet, as well as you, to make one logical and effective post the entire time i have been on this board.

===
===

one thing that i don't get, is why Kori, whom appears to be pretty intelligent, lets a joker like you manage the college sports forum....and someone like dio talk about everything except whats relevant. and i don't mean ban him, i don't believe in banning, but cleaning up garbage post after garbage post would be nice.

this is obviously JillGayWhiney's way of begging for help from Kori instead of cleaning up her own mess.
Does Jill my Bitch need her Pampy changed too???? :lol

We have a King like me & a Jester like you.
Or since you're my BITCH are you my Queen :princess ???

Cant_Be_Faded
10-06-2006, 07:29 PM
question:

I remember making a very long and coherent argument as to why USC's "first" "title" was not an undisputed championship, this was when you first started posting 2 months before hte season and you were all USC gung ho, and you did not respond to it at all, you pussed out like a troggie

mookie2001
10-06-2006, 07:29 PM
one thing that i don't get, is why Kori, whom appears to be pretty intelligent, lets a joker like you manage the college sports forum....-ive got two spurs

Cant_Be_Faded
10-06-2006, 07:30 PM
one thing that i don't get, is why Kori, whom appears to be pretty intelligent, lets a joker like you manage the college sports forum.
Basically its cuz he was the first to ask.

johngateswhiteley
10-06-2006, 07:32 PM
I remember making a very long and coherent argument as to why USC's "first" "title" was not an undisputed championship, this was when you first started posting 2 months before hte season and you were all USC gung ho, and you did not respond to it at all, you pussed out like a troggie

...i never said USC's first title was undisputed. they did, however, win the national championship. and while some of your posts are garbage, they are not too bad. and i was referring to dio and mookie, btw.

Mr Dio
10-06-2006, 07:34 PM
...i never said USC's first title was undisputed. they did, however, win the national championship. and while some of your posts are garbage, they are not too bad. and i was referring to dio and mookie, btw.

You were OWNED PUSSYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol

Mr Dio
10-06-2006, 07:41 PM

Remember, we're speaking of the same person who is in the IDIOT category of, My Opinion is Fact.

They were obviously loners as kids & now as (adults) they feel since they grew up speaking to themselves that no one is to question their opinion.
An Inferiority Complex then overcomes these IDIOT MORONS like JillGayWhiney & they try to lash out.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-06-2006, 07:42 PM
Jill Gay Willey
rofl

BeerIsGood!
10-06-2006, 07:45 PM
Back on topic. As long as Greg fucking Davis lets the O line blow the feeble (and I mean really feeble) OU D line off the ball this game won't be close. Peterson will barely sniff the field, and when he does he'll be eaten up by the front 7. JGW seems to think that throwing will open up the running game, but Texas doesn't bring 8 in the box to stop the run because they don't have to. The front 7 dominates the run, and Thompson isn't close to good enough at QB to do anything aerial against a D of this caliber. This puss was a WR up until Money Bags Bomar got sent packing. Gene Chizik is an absolute beast and when you give him this kind of talent he makes well oiled defensive fucking juggernauts. Since he arrived this D has been NASTY and VICIOUS (Did Joel "Knocked Unconcious" QB from Colorado ever wake up??) and the days of the weak D are over. This is the difference (along with OU being absolutely horrible on defense). Only hours until a second straight demolition of an overmatched OU team.

I'm just glad that the Texas Highway Patrol doesn't regulate IQ and hygiene levels of people entering the state. If that was the case only Stoops and about 3 players would be able to cross over and the stadium would be half empty. The only red would be the inbred bitches who live here in the metroplex.

Mr Dio
10-06-2006, 07:47 PM
Jill Gay Willey
rofl

Cant_Be_Faded
10-06-2006, 07:51 PM
Back on topic. As long as Greg fucking Davis lets the O line blow the feeble (and I mean really feeble) OU D line off the ball this game won't be close. Peterson will barely sniff the field, and when he does he'll be eaten up by the front 7. JGW seems to think that throwing will open up the running game, but Texas doesn't bring 8 in the box to stop the run because they don't have to. The front 7 dominates the run, and Thompson isn't close to good enough at QB to do anything aerial against a D of this caliber. This puss was a WR up until Money Bags Bomar got sent packing. Gene Chizik is an absolute beast and when you give him this kind of talent he makes well oiled defensive fucking juggernauts. Since he arrived this D has been NASTY and VICIOUS (Did Joel "Knocked Unconcious" QB from Colorado ever wake up??) and the days of the weak D are over. This is the difference (along with OU being absolutely horrible on defense). Only hours until a second straight demolition of an overmatched OU team.

I'm just glad that the Texas Highway Patrol doesn't regulate IQ and hygiene levels of people entering the state. If that was the case only Stoops and about 3 players would be able to cross over and the stadium would be half empty. The only red would be the inbred bitches who live here in the metroplex.

Good Post. The Oklahoma Morning News actually said that OU would pass as well. In fact, they said a key matchup was Terrell Brown vs Sooner Receiver 1. They gave the edge to SR1. Also, they said that the Sooners always seem to "add new wrinkles" against the horns, whilst the horns always seem to do the "same thing every year". I swear to god the Dallas Morning News is the most Sooner biased publication on this fucking planet.

They had articles saying the OU O-line was very underrated and would give Thompson more than enough time to pass if they want.

Mr Dio
10-06-2006, 07:51 PM

Now that we have the NONSENSE known as JillGayWhiney in check we can indeed get back on track.

I think the UT LBs are going to have a field day on the ou QB in the 2nd half. IMO this will happen because AP will be kept in check.

johngateswhiteley
10-06-2006, 07:57 PM
JGW seems to think that throwing will open up the running game, but Texas doesn't bring 8 in the box to stop the run because they don't have to. The front 7 dominates the run, and Thompson isn't close to good enough at QB to do anything aerial against a D of this caliber.

...i think you're wrong. Thompson will have a good day throwing the ball and Peterson will have a good day running. Thompson is completely underrated and is better than McCoy...at least has played and succeeded against tougher competition. i like Peterson to run for about 125 and Thompson to throw for over 200 in a close game...as it should be.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-06-2006, 07:58 PM
Peterson has a rep for "Getting stronger as the game wears on" but the Oklahoma Morning News said this is also due to OU's vastly underrated Oline.

BeerIsGood!
10-06-2006, 08:00 PM
I like how OU fans point to the early 00's as if that shit means anything anymore. Different teams, and Mack Daddy finally got a top notch D coordinator to handle all that talent Mack Daddy brings in every year. That is the big difference here - redshirt McCoy may only lead Texas to 17 to 27 points in this game, but I'll be surprised if OU scores more than 14. Against that OU D the only thing that can stop UT is Greg Davis. If he lets the beasts loose UT should score 30+ easily. I like the combination of Sweed and Finley in the passing game - both are starting to really hit stride. If we could only get the offensive equivalent to Gene Chizik we'd be a dynasty. Mack Daddy bringing them in and the coordinators turning them into beasts.

BeerIsGood!
10-06-2006, 08:04 PM
Peterson has a rep for "Getting stronger as the game wears on" but the Oklahoma Morning News said this is also due to OU's vastly underrated Oline.

It could also be due to the level of comp. Reggie Bush looked like Gale fucking Sayers against Fresno State, but UT's D kept him in check. With Okam, Crowder, and Robison the "underrated" O line will soon look "overrated". Bomar was a better QB last year than Thompson is this year, and how many points did OU score?? And they had a better defense last year.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-06-2006, 08:12 PM
Bomar was a better QB last year than Thompson is this year, and how many points did OU score?? And they had a better defense last year.

That may be the most assuring statement I have read all day. I actually am starting to get worried about this game, cuz all I read at lunch every fucking day is so biased towards OU it perverts my mind.

Mr Dio
10-06-2006, 08:13 PM
...i think you're wrong. Thompson will have a good day throwing the ball and Peterson will have a good day running. Thompson is completely underrated and is better than McCoy...at least has played and succeeded against tougher competition. i like Peterson to run for about 125 and Thompson to throw for over 200 in a close game...as it should be.

How many yrs has Thompson played @ ou?, OF COURSE he has played in more games.

Tougher games, Colt played against the #1 Buckeyes D.
You're going to tell us that ain't a tough D. :lol

midgetonadonkey
10-06-2006, 08:25 PM
The longhorns will kick the shit out of Oklahoma. I hate the Longhorns but I know they are a better team than shitty Oklahoma.

Fuck Okies. Traveling all the way to California for a piece of land.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-06-2006, 08:28 PM
At this point we should all pray that Greg Davis does not fuck this team over yet again.

BeerIsGood!
10-06-2006, 08:39 PM
At this point we should all pray that Greg Davis does not fuck this team over yet again.
The One and Only variable that worries me here. Talent wise it's not even a contest, but Greg Davis has a way of calling options with a redshirt white skinny QB and bullshit like that. Colt McCoy running the option against ISU on 4th and 2 inside the ISU 10 - I still can't believe I saw that. Please Greg - Let the O Line feed all day and throw when the D goes 8 in the box and Sweed and Cosby are getting single covered. Please use Finley as well. Please. The Orangebloods are begging you.

johngateswhiteley
10-06-2006, 08:56 PM
It could also be due to the level of comp. Reggie Bush looked like Gale fucking Sayers against Fresno State, but UT's D kept him in check. With Okam, Crowder, and Robison the "underrated" O line will soon look "overrated". Bomar was a better QB last year than Thompson is this year, and how many points did OU score?? And they had a better defense last year.

t.u. held Bush down but gave up the yardage in other areas, USC had 574 yards of offense in that game. its always going to cost something. btw, OU is better this year as is Thompson and t.u. is not as good, so the game should be much closer.

btw, someone remind dio to read before posting. i said "played and succeeded against tougher competition" dimwit...mccoy did not succeed.

fyi, the talent level is much closer than you think. don't buy into that crap; OU has good classes every year as does A&M>>>just have not gotten a lot out of it lately.

BeerIsGood!
10-06-2006, 09:38 PM
I've seen OU play two games this year and they aren't as good as they were at this time last year. Texas D is about the same if not better than last year. Texas O is weaker without Vince, but still good enough to batter a weak D from OU. I've seen it. I watched OU. They will not beat UT - the only thing that can beat UT is UT and Greg Davis' occasional bullshit. If UT decides to commit to the run there is absolutely nothing OU can do about it. The UT front completely overmatches the OU front 4. Not even close. You can believe what you want, but we'll see... it will take a total choke job by UT and an uncharacteristly great game from this OU team for OU to win.

johngateswhiteley
10-06-2006, 09:47 PM
I've seen OU play two games this year and they aren't as good as they were at this time last year. Texas D is about the same if not better than last year. Texas O is weaker without Vince, but still good enough to batter a weak D from OU. I've seen it. I watched OU. They will not beat UT - the only thing that can beat UT is UT and Greg Davis' occasional bullshit. If UT decides to commit to the run there is absolutely nothing OU can do about it. The UT front completely overmatches the OU front 4. Not even close. You can believe what you want, but we'll see... it will take a total choke job by UT and an uncharacteristly great game from this OU team for OU to win.

OK. but, from what i have seen OU has been the more impressive team so far. they went into (1) Oregon and beat Oregon (aside from refs) and beat a good (2) washington team. t.u. has lost badly to (1) ohio state and beat an above average (2) iowa state team. here's how i see it:

1. defense >>>t.u.
2. offense >>>OU
3. special teams >>>OU
4. coach >>>OU

...but the advantages in offense and special teams are just marginal, while t.u. has a fair advantage in defense. so i think the coach decides it...and i like Stoops.

Mr Dio
10-06-2006, 09:47 PM
t.u. held Bush down but gave up the yardage in other areas, USC had 574 yards of offense in that game. its always going to cost something. btw, OU is better this year as is Thompson and t.u. is not as good, so the game should be much closer.

And you are such a dumbass hypocrite to not know a school's name. :lol

===
===

btw, someone remind dio to read before posting. i said "played and succeeded against tougher competition" dimwit...mccoy did not succeed.

Name the game Thompson "played and succeeded against tougher competition". :lol
Better than the Buckeyes DUMBASS. :lol
Go ahead & name the school.
ONCE AGAIN, your opinion ISN'T FACT unless you're a mental case.

===
===

fyi, the talent level is much closer than you think. don't buy into that crap; OU has good classes every year as does A&M>>>just have not gotten a lot out of it lately.

:lol
Wow, I can't stop laughing at that one.
Yeah, that Reggie McNeal was a real BCS game winner. :lol :lol

Mr Dio
10-06-2006, 09:49 PM
1. defense >>>t.u. So hypocrite.. is it tu, ut, ou, uo?? :lol :lol
2. offense >>>OU :lol
3. special teams >>>OU :lol
4. coach >>>OU Has as many BCS championship rings as Mack. :lol
Way to prove yourself wrong again. Stoops' staff was better than Mack's at one time. Was.

BeerIsGood!
10-06-2006, 10:13 PM
No way OU has a better Special Teams than Texas. No one in the country does. Texas has made more big plays on special teams than any other program since 2000. That's 6 years of dominance. The fact that you said that shows a lot.

Offense is Texas as well. Thompson is a WR playing QB. The O line is overlooked because it's not very good. The receivers are marginal at best. Peterson is the real deal, but the only real deal on that offense.

Defense isn't even in the same ballpark, sport, etc. It's such a big difference it's laughable. And I'll take Chizik over any coach OU can muster - Stoops included. The only thing OU has is a better offensive coordinator. That's it.

DaSpurs#1
10-06-2006, 10:18 PM
just a reminder of what may be to come for Sat.

http://moon.ouhsc.edu/sstuart/TexasSucks/Images/HateTx9.jpghttp://moon.ouhsc.edu/sstuart/TexasSucks/Images/HateTx6.jpg
http://moon.ouhsc.edu/sstuart/TexasSucks/Images/HateTx8.jpghttp://moon.ouhsc.edu/sstuart/TexasSucks/Images/HateTx7.jpg
http://moon.ouhsc.edu/sstuart/TexasSucks/Images/TXhookem.gif
http://www.geocities.com/stormcat411/Texas_Suckshttp://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e90/laurccr/texas_sucks1.jpg

Horry For 3!
10-06-2006, 10:34 PM

Do you mean tougher competition as in Army??????? :lmao

johngateswhiteley
10-06-2006, 10:40 PM
No way OU has a better Special Teams than Texas. No one in the country does. Texas has made more big plays on special teams than any other program since 2000. That's 6 years of dominance. The fact that you said that shows a lot.

Offense is Texas as well. Thompson is a WR playing QB. The O line is overlooked because it's not very good. The receivers are marginal at best. Peterson is the real deal, but the only real deal on that offense.

Defense isn't even in the same ballpark, sport, etc. It's such a big difference it's laughable. And I'll take Chizik over any coach OU can muster - Stoops included. The only thing OU has is a better offensive coordinator. That's it.

actually, virginia tech has more big plays the past 6 years than t.u., but anyway. and we are talking about this year's game...past t.u. special teams aren't going to help you in this game and OU's special teams are always good.

i'll take Malcolm Kelly and Iglesias over your top two receivers anyday, and you already mentioned AP. the fact that you said OU's receivers are marginal...says a lot.

and i can't believe you think chizik is a better coach than stoops...you're talking about comparing a coordinator to a head coach that has been in three BCS title games and owned t.u. the past 7 years (6-1). thats says a lot...

...you're as big a homer as anyone on this site. making the claims about special teams, receivers, and coach is an opinion that would not be shared by many outside of Texas. and while some think i am a homer...well, thats just crazy talk. i see things for what they are:

1. t.u. has a better team
2. ou has a better coach
3. this is the most evenly balanced shootout in a long time
4. t.u. should win on paper...but its very close

...and i think b/c of the whipping last year and Stoops with two weeks to prepare; OU overcomes whatever deficiencies the team has.

BeerIsGood!
10-06-2006, 10:50 PM
just a reminder of what may be to come for Sat.

http://moon.ouhsc.edu/sstuart/TexasSucks/Images/HateTx9.jpghttp://moon.ouhsc.edu/sstuart/TexasSucks/Images/HateTx6.jpg
http://moon.ouhsc.edu/sstuart/TexasSucks/Images/HateTx8.jpghttp://moon.ouhsc.edu/sstuart/TexasSucks/Images/HateTx7.jpg
http://moon.ouhsc.edu/sstuart/TexasSucks/Images/TXhookem.gif
http://www.geocities.com/stormcat411/Texas_Suckshttp://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e90/laurccr/texas_sucks1.jpg
Chris Simms doesn't play in college anymore. Roy Williams doesn't play in college anymore. Gene Chizik is the fucking man and wasn't involved until last year - When his D held OU (with a legit QB in Bomar) to 12 pts. Stop living in the past and face the facts - UT beats OU in all facets of the game now. In fact, OU has only scored 12 pts against the UT D the last two years. They'll be lucky to get that this year. You think OU is gonna hold down the monster running game of UT to under 12 pts? You're delusional you okie fuck.

BeerIsGood!
10-06-2006, 11:05 PM
actually, virginia tech has more big plays the past 6 years than t.u., but anyway. and we are talking about this year's game...past t.u. special teams aren't going to help you in this game and OU's special teams are always good. (Texas has the most blocked kicks over the last 6 years. VT isn't even close. Quit listening to the ESPN hype machine. They are very high in return coverage, return average, etc. VT isn't even close in those areas)

i'll take Malcolm Kelly and Iglesias over your top two receivers anyday, and you already mentioned AP. the fact that you said OU's receivers are marginal...says a lot. (Iglesias and Kelly? Are you kidding me? Sweed is one of the best receivers in the country and Cosby is better than either of these two. Not to mention Finley at the TE and Billy (big bomb TD in last year's game) Pittman. A team needs an O line and a legit QB to make the receivers effective - both things OU lacks. You are a loon that needs to stick to his own teams).

and i can't believe you think chizik is a better coach than stoops...you're talking about comparing a coordinator to a head coach that has been in three BCS title games (Got blown out in two) and owned t.u. the past 7 years (6-1). thats says a lot... (Chizik is a better coach. He will be a great head coach one day, but right now his D (and D wins games) is better than anything OU can muster.Hands down. He is 1-0 against OU. When Mike Stoops left OU the OU D went down, down, down...)
...you're as big a homer as anyone on this site. (I watch this team and know exactly what they have. I watch other teams and know what they have. If you don't like it, don't read it) making the claims about special teams, receivers, and coach is an opinion that would not be shared by many outside of Texas. and while some think i am a homer (OU homer?? This isn't even your team and you feel the need to speak nonsense just because you're still booty hurt over the 2005 Rose Bowl and the fact UT has owned aTm for quite a while now. You aren't just a homer, you hold a serious grudge. Check the OSU threads from a few weeks ago. When Texas loses, I give props. Where are you when aTm or USC loses??)...well, thats just crazy talk. i see things for what they are:

2. ou has a better coach
3. this is the most evenly balanced shootout in a long time (no)
4. t.u. should win on paper...but its very close (no, not that close)

...and i think b/c of the whipping last year (we have 5 years of these games to show how much taking a whipping helps the next year. It doesn't. If anything it can fuck up your concentration and cause you to make mistakes) and Stoops with two weeks to prepare; OU overcomes whatever deficiencies the team has.

BeerIsGood!
10-06-2006, 11:10 PM
All you need to see...

http://stephanielogerot.worldmagblog.com/stephanielogerot/archives/robisonhit.jpg

johngateswhiteley
10-06-2006, 11:20 PM
1. i am always around after my team wins or loses (i am sorry that i go to games and i am not on this site immediately after a win or loss, you must forgive me...i have a life and other things to do)
2. ESPN insider gives the following edges:

QB: t.u.
RB: OU
WR: t.u.
OL: t.u.
DL: t.u.
LB: OU
DB: t.u.
ST: OU<<<
Coach: t.u.

Overall: t.u. and a prediction of 27-20 t.u.

...that being said, how can i be crazy b/c i think OU has better special teams than t.u.. am i right b/c ESPN agrees with me...of course not, but i am not crazy. you are for talking all that crap about me not knowing anything but my two teams. and while i don't agree with all the edges i can understand them...apparently you are incapable of that. i think the QB and Coach edge should be switched from t.u. to OU, but hey, its all conjecture.

Horry For 3!
10-06-2006, 11:24 PM
actually, virginia tech has more big plays the past 6 years than t.u., but anyway. and we are talking about this year's game...past t.u. special teams aren't going to help you in this game and OU's special teams are always good.

i'll take Malcolm Kelly and Iglesias over your top two receivers anyday, and you already mentioned AP. the fact that you said OU's receivers are marginal...says a lot.

and i can't believe you think chizik is a better coach than stoops...you're talking about comparing a coordinator to a head coach that has been in three BCS title games and owned t.u. the past 7 years (6-1). thats says a lot...

...you're as big a homer as anyone on this site. making the claims about special teams, receivers, and coach is an opinion that would not be shared by many outside of Texas. and while some think i am a homer...well, thats just crazy talk. i see things for what they are:

2. ou has a better coach
3. this is the most evenly balanced shootout in a long time
4. t.u. should win on paper...but its very close

...and i think b/c of the whipping last year and Stoops with two weeks to prepare; OU overcomes whatever deficiencies the team has.
Are you fucking serious? Sweed is a Top 5 WR prospect for the NFL :lmao Sweed >>>> Kelly & Iglesias together

BeerIsGood!
10-06-2006, 11:29 PM
The fact that you quoted ESPN is crazy. How can a team that leads the nation in blocked kicks (punts and FG) by a good margin, covers kicks as well as anyone, punts well and covers as well as anyone, and makes FG consistently not be ranked #1 in the country over that time period. #1 in blocked kicks - impact plays on special teams. That's crazy that anyone would put OU ahead in that category.

BeerIsGood!
10-06-2006, 11:32 PM
Are you fucking serious? Sweed is a Top 5 WR prospect for the NFL :lmao Sweed >>>> Kelly & Iglesias together
This boy's reaching for anything. He'll ride the OU jock (however small it may be) if it means going against UT. Absolutely nuts.

Holmes_Fans
10-06-2006, 11:36 PM
How would any logical source give OU the edge on special teams?

Texas averages 43 yards per punt, OU only 41

Texas averages 17 yard per PR, OU 16

"In 2005, the Horns blocked nine kicks, including six punts, on the road to the national championship. Four of those punt blocks came against Oklahoma State and Texas A&M, teams that use the new shield punt protections. It's no coincidence that in Akina's five years at Texas, the Horns have blocked 43 kicks, the most in the nation over that time."

I know they already have 1 blocked punt this season that went for a TD, aswell as 2 PR TD's along with a few that were called back.

j-6
10-06-2006, 11:42 PM
troggie

troggie - Is that an Aggie, with a Trojan grad for a father, that conned him out of a kidney and works at a cardboard box factory?

BeerIsGood!
10-06-2006, 11:42 PM
1. i am always around after my team wins or loses (i am sorry that i go to games and i am not on this site immediately after a win or loss, you must forgive me...i have a life and other things to do)
I'm not here immediately after either, but when I do come on I show up like a man. It's been one week since aTm got beat at home by a weak T.T. team and you never posted one thing saying how stupid you were to say that aTm would be a Top 25 team. Not one thing. Again you are wrong here... you've posted a lot of shit about UT in the last week but not once about your ags laying a giant egg. Check it and see...

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50755&page=3

johngateswhiteley
10-06-2006, 11:43 PM
The fact that you quoted ESPN is crazy. How can a team that leads the nation in blocked kicks (punts and FG) by a good margin, covers kicks as well as anyone, punts well and covers as well as anyone, and makes FG consistently not be ranked #1 in the country over that time period. #1 in blocked kicks - impact plays on special teams. That's crazy that anyone would put OU ahead in that category.

1. i have no idea who leads the nation in blocked kicks this year, but i'll take your word for it

2. your other statements are opinion, as is ESPN's and mine

3. A. OU is #17 in kickoff returns while t.u. is # 35

B. OU is # 11 in punt return man while t.u. is # 16

C. OU is # 13 in (their) punter and t.u. is not in top 50

D. OU is # 3 in (their kicker) field goals and t.u. is not in top 50

http://www.bettorsreport.com/default.asp?c=bettorsreport&page=cfoot/stat/stats2.htm

...i know that does not include blocked kicks, but it is clear OU has done better in those areas and their schedule has been more difficult as well.

finally, i posted a thread about A&M and USC. i can't help that nobody wanted to post in it. and for going to Dartmouth...you sure aren't smart:

1. i said if A&M beat tech they would be in the top 25
2. i said A&M would beat tech, was i wrong... sure, but it took a great play at the end of the game for tech to win...they did not walk all over us like YOU predicted
3. of course A&M is not going to be in the top 25 after a loss to tech, but they would have been if they had won
4. its an unfortunate loss, but you move and realize there are more games to play
5. i don't call people out after wins and losses...actions speak for themselves. i gave Brutalis a hard time and thats it...and thats b/c we had a little thing going, but if you noticed i posted a thread about Arkansas in respect to how well they had been doing since
6. you are like most posters...you assume, you are touchy, and you have to always be right
7. go back and look at my other predictions...i know when i was wrong, not to mention why do i have to say, "i was wrong"...thats so passe...obviously i was wrong...so what..

Horry For 3!
10-06-2006, 11:50 PM
1. i have no idea who leads the nation in blocked kicks this year, but i'll take your word for it

2. your other statements are opinion, as is ESPN's and mine

3. A. OU is #17 in kickoff returns while t.u. is # 35

B. OU is # 11 in punt return man while t.u. is # 16

C. OU is # 13 in (their) punter and t.u. is not in top 50

D. OU is # 3 in (their kicker) field goals and t.u. is not in top 50

...i know that does not include blocked kicks, but it is clear OU has done better in those areas and their schedule has been more difficult as well.
Because Texas rarely needs to punt, we move the ball and score and we rarely kick field goals, we make touchdowns.

BeerIsGood!
10-06-2006, 11:51 PM
OU does a lot more punting and FG kicking than UT. We score touchdowns. The blocked kicks isn't just this year, it's since 2000. And that is the big difference on special teams... neither team gives up returns for TDs, and the UT defense keeps most teams in a three and out which gives the offense short fields and not many deep punting situations. The blocked kicks are extremely important because they are the BIG impact plays on ST along with returns for TD (which Texas has multiple of this year). Of course OU is going to have a higher punt average - they have to punt more often (and from greater distances) since their defense lets teams run up and down the field giving OU bad field position. The kicker is negligible - UT doesn't need him often, but he pretty much makes what he attempts.

BeerIsGood!
10-06-2006, 11:55 PM
finally, i posted a thread about A&M and USC. i can't help that nobody wanted to post in it. and for going to Dartmouth...you sure aren't smart:

1. i said if A&M beat tech they would be in the top 25
2. i said A&M would beat tech, was i wrong... sure, but it took a great play at the end of the game for tech to win...they did not walk all over us like YOU predicted
3. of course A&M is not going to be in the top 25 after a loss to tech, but they would have been if they had won
4. its an unfortunate loss, but you move and realize there are more games to play
5. i don't call people out after wins and losses...actions speak for themselves. i gave Brutalis a hard time and thats it...and thats b/c we had a little thing going, but if you noticed i posted a thread about Arkansas in respect to how well they had been doing since
6. you are like most posters...you assume, you are touchy, and you have to always be right
:lol Talk about touchy. Hey kettle... this little tea pot's calling you black. You just described yourself there hoss... and lets not let friendly banter degrade into baseless insults of people's intelligence here. Especially on matters based on opinion... ok??

johngateswhiteley
10-06-2006, 11:55 PM
OU does a lot more punting and FG kicking than UT. We score touchdowns. The blocked kicks isn't just this year, it's since 2000. And that is the big difference on special teams... neither team gives up returns for TDs, and the UT defense keeps most teams in a three and out which gives the offense short fields and not many deep punting situations. The blocked kicks are extremely important because they are the BIG impact plays on ST along with returns for TD (which Texas has multiple of this year). Of course OU is going to have a higher punt average - they have to punt more often (and from greater distances) since their defense lets teams run up and down the field giving OU bad field position. The kicker is negligible - UT doesn't need him often, but he pretty much makes what he attempts.

well you have presented your case. lets see what happens...also, i edited my previous post.

Horry For 3!
10-06-2006, 11:59 PM
I know for sure Texas has 1 punt blocked for a TD. I think they have like 2 or 3 other blocked punts but not for TDs.

johngateswhiteley
10-07-2006, 12:00 AM
:lol Talk about touchy. Hey kettle... this little tea pot's calling you black. You just described yourself there hoss... and lets not let friendly banter degrade into baseless insults of people's intelligence here. Especially on matters based on opinion... ok??

figures, every time i make sense someone just changes the topic. thats fine...btw, i was only responding to your posts. also, many times you let my friendly banter lead into insults from you.

midgetonadonkey
10-07-2006, 12:03 AM
Those Okies had it hard during their trip to California. All they wanted was land. That's all.

BeerIsGood!
10-07-2006, 12:04 AM
figures, every time i make sense someone just changes the topic. thats fine...btw, i was only responding to your posts. also, many times you let my friendly banter lead into insults from you.
insults yes, but not about your education. Just meaningless bullshit and smack talk. I could say how you couldn't even hack it at aTm of all places, but I wouldn't go there. That would be impolite and not in the good spirit of conversation.

You may want to seek mental help... you were never beginning to make any sense. If you thought you were then your perception of reality is skewed in such a way that may be detrimental to your health as well as the health of any unfortunate human being who comes in contact with you.

BeerIsGood!
10-07-2006, 12:05 AM
Those Okies had it hard during their trip to California. All they wanted was land. That's all.

That son of a bitch Tom Joad just couldn't leave well enough alone.

johngateswhiteley
10-07-2006, 12:14 AM
insults yes, but not about your education. Just meaningless bullshit and smack talk. I could say how you couldn't even hack it at aTm of all places, but I wouldn't go there. That would be impolite and not in the good spirit of conversation.

You may want to seek mental help... you were never begining to make any sense. If you thought you were then your perception of reality is skewed in such a way that may be detrimental to your health as well as the health of any unfortunate human being who comes in contact with you.

saying i could not hack it at Texas A&M would be false, i left for other reasons...you would be wrong; thats called an assumption. what does my shot @ Dartmouth matter...its a wonderful university and one of my best friends went there. you, obviously, have to be fairly intelligent to attend school there.

basically, we are entering dio territory here. you can say whatever you want and laugh about it, but when its meaningless and pointless...its meaningless and pointless. i don't get, nor should i, any credit for poking fun at your school or how smart you are...how should i know? and vice versa. and i would not think you would take it personal...and neither would i. but for the sake of a somewhat civil board i like to keep it to football talk. but whenever i try to stick to football and other college sports some posters chime in with ridiculous posts that are worthless and don't mean anything. and its not funny b/c its not relevant or remotely clever. but it all leads back to the mods, with limited rule there can be wonderful boards. but with no rule boards can be sometimes poor. for example, spursreport.com is way too strict and spurstalk.com is too lenient. though i will stand on the lenient before strict side anyday.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-07-2006, 12:17 AM
for the love of god stop talking about a&m in this thread

BeerIsGood!
10-07-2006, 12:27 AM
snore... I don't really care what you did or didn't do or what your views on different boards are. All I know is that if UT plays their game and doesn't go all fucking conservative they win by at least 14 points. At least.

midgetonadonkey
10-07-2006, 12:29 AM
for the love of god stop talking about a&m in this thread

Gig'em Aggs! Whoop!

midgetonadonkey
10-07-2006, 12:30 AM
I couldn't help it. I've been an Aggie fan since the age of 6.

BeerIsGood!
10-07-2006, 12:37 AM
Since 2000?

johngateswhiteley
10-07-2006, 12:41 AM
snore... I don't really care what you did or didn't do or what your views on different boards are. All I know is that if UT plays their game and doesn't go all fucking conservative they win by at least 14 points. At least.

and thats the whole point! nice, now we can talk NCAA football.

if t.u. utilizes their O-line and backs effectively they probably do win...but i don't think they will and i think OU will get some big plays in the air and on special teams. but we'll see...later.

DaSpurs#1
10-07-2006, 12:57 AM
Chris Simms doesn't play in college anymore. Roy Williams doesn't play in college anymore. Gene Chizik is the fucking man and wasn't involved until last year - When his D held OU (with a legit QB in Bomar) to 12 pts. Stop living in the past and face the facts - UT beats OU in all facets of the game now. In fact, OU has only scored 12 pts against the UT D the last two years. They'll be lucky to get that this year. You think OU is gonna hold down the monster running game of UT to under 12 pts? You're delusional you okie fuck.im from and still live in Texas so i prefer Texas fuck :lol

ya so, dumbass you think i don't know those people are gone! if i root for the team at least give me the credit for knowing my own team. those are pics of what today will portray.

midgetonadonkey
10-07-2006, 01:02 AM
Since 2000?

haha fuck you. Since 1985 joto.

BeerIsGood!
10-07-2006, 01:21 AM
im from and still live in Texas so i prefer Texas fuck :lol

ya so, dumbass you think i don't know those people are gone! if i root for the team at least give me the credit for knowing my own team. those are pics of what today will portray.

:lol Could have fooled me. You have the literary deficiencies of a typical okie, so excuse me for making the mistake. So those pics will portray what will happen today even if those pics portray people who no longer play for these teams. OK. Get ready to see OU get beat like a step child. They don't measure up.

BeerIsGood!
10-07-2006, 01:21 AM
haha fuck you. Since 1985 joto.
:lol how's your psp working out for you, puto?

Holmes_Fans
10-07-2006, 09:32 AM
http://coachratings.com/rating_result_compare.jsp?cID=29&ccID=32

:lol :lol :lol

scott
10-07-2006, 09:49 AM
Did someone in their right mind really say that Mack Brown is a better coach than Bob Stoops? Not even the strongest of Texas fans can really believe that. And I'm talking about the ability to coach football here, not lead group hugs.

leemajors
10-07-2006, 10:49 AM
stoops can be considered better if only because he is smart enough to not have g davis on his staff. hopefully it comes down to the players and not the coaching.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-07-2006, 11:29 AM
Mack Brown is not as good as Stoops 1on1, and his offensive coordinator is much worse than Stoops' (is it stoops?)

Cant_Be_Faded
10-07-2006, 11:31 AM
stoopes hasnt done shit since his brother left

scott
10-07-2006, 12:43 PM
It's coming...

http://espn-att.starwave.com/media/ncf/2004/1009/photo/r_peterson_i.jpg

http://www.redraiders.com/images/100304/6727_512.jpg

http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/sports/gen/img/oct04/grid1028.jpg

http://i.cnn.net/si/si_online/covers/images/2004/1011_large.jpg

Horry For 3!
10-07-2006, 02:15 PM
:lmao @ Peterson, he is a piece of shit

Horry For 3!
10-07-2006, 02:35 PM
:lol @ we will find out who has the better Defense, Texas or Oklahoma

Horry For 3!
10-07-2006, 03:09 PM
I think it is pretty funny that all of OU's best players are from Texas :lmao If they only had Oklahoma talent, they wouldn't win a game.

Horry For 3!
10-07-2006, 03:14 PM
Peterson got.... JACKED UP

Horry For 3!
10-07-2006, 03:23 PM
Holy shit, Jackson killed that OU player

Mr Dio
10-07-2006, 03:29 PM
ou is living by the skin of their teeth.
They'd better wake up or this is gonna get ugly!

Mr Dio
10-07-2006, 03:30 PM
It's coming...

http://espn-att.starwave.com/media/ncf/2004/1009/photo/r_peterson_i.jpg

http://www.redraiders.com/images/100304/6727_512.jpg

http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/sports/gen/img/oct04/grid1028.jpg

It came.
It got hit.
It fumbled.

Mr Dio
10-07-2006, 03:31 PM
:lol @ we will find out who has the better Defense, Texas or Oklahoma

I know I'm a UT fan BUT, c'mon guys.....It was pretty onvious UT's D was, is & is gonna be better than ou's.

Mr Dio
10-07-2006, 03:32 PM

Does this qualify as an SI jinx? :lol

Horry For 3!
10-07-2006, 03:33 PM
Damn, Reggie Smith gets fucked up again with a big stiff arm by Selvin

Horry For 3!
10-07-2006, 03:33 PM
Bad play by McCoy, should of got rid of the ball

Horry For 3!
10-07-2006, 03:35 PM
Greg Davis once again is a dumbass like always, UT is running all over OU and he wants to pass the ball

Horry For 3!
10-07-2006, 03:35 PM
OU fans are whiney bitches

Mr Dio
10-07-2006, 03:42 PM
UT's 2 missed tackles just gave AP his 1ST TD vs UT in 3 games.

Horry For 3!
10-07-2006, 03:44 PM
UT's 2 missed tackles just gave AP his 1ST TD vs UT in 3 games.
Also, Michael or Marcus fucked up on that long pass to the TE.

Horry For 3!
10-07-2006, 03:47 PM
Texas is suckin on O :pctoss

Horry For 3!
10-07-2006, 03:48 PM
We should be running the ball more than passing. :flipoff Greg Davis

scott
10-07-2006, 04:05 PM
It came.
It got hit.
It fumbled.

It came.
It ran.
It scored.
It leads at the half.

Horry For 3!
10-07-2006, 04:06 PM
Texas will be fine as long as the O starts goin in the 2nd half. Hey, fucking dumbass Greg Davis, run the ball. OU can't stop the UT run!

Mr Dio
10-07-2006, 04:08 PM
It came.
It ran.
It scored.
It leads at the half.

True, true.
2nd half you get the ball.
Hmmmm.................................

Sooner nation happy AP finally got his 1st TD vs UT?

scott
10-07-2006, 04:09 PM
True, true.
2nd half you get the ball.
Hmmmm.................................

Sooner nation happy AP finally got his 1st TD vs UT?

I'm happy we are up 10-7. Stats are cheap, wins are priceless.

scott
10-07-2006, 04:10 PM
I shall now resume my spot in front of the TV...

Mr Dio
Texas will be fine as long as the O starts goin in the 2nd half. Hey, fucking dumbass Greg Davis, run the ball. OU can't stop the UT run!

Just as with the Buckeyes UT can't be sending Colt out vs those LBs, he doesn't have the moves, quickness or instincts Jevan does.
I for one wouldn't switch QBs though, not even close.
It's the D that needs to wrap up & not blow coverages on TEs of all people.

Mr Dio
I shall now resume my spot in front of the TV...

Ditto.
After I check the 2nd half lines! :lol

Horry For 3!
10-07-2006, 04:33 PM
Limas Sweed baby! Wooooo

johngateswhiteley
10-07-2006, 04:38 PM
Limas Sweed baby! Wooooo

nice play.

Horry For 3!
10-07-2006, 04:40 PM
Texas secondary is suckin, wtf

Horry For 3!
10-07-2006, 04:42 PM
D needs to step the fuck up on this 3rd & 8.

johngateswhiteley
10-07-2006, 04:44 PM
We should be running the ball more than passing. :flipoff Greg Davis

OU's D is solid.

Horry For 3!
10-07-2006, 04:45 PM
Fuckin secondary :pctoss If they could do anything, UT would be winning by a lot more

Horry For 3!
10-07-2006, 04:45 PM
OU's D is solid.
Not really

Horry For 3!
10-07-2006, 04:46 PM
About fucking time the secondary makes a damn play

Horry For 3!
10-07-2006, 04:59 PM
Fuck yes! Roommates connect. McCoy to Shipley = TD

j-6
10-07-2006, 05:04 PM
Anyone notice how far back A-Pete is lining up behind Thompson when they're working out of the one-back?

Horry For 3!
WTF, we own Peterson and secondary can't do shit

Horry For 3!
This secondary is pissin me the fuck off

j-6
10-07-2006, 05:12 PM
This secondary is pissin me the fuck off

Tarell just jacked up Iglesias!!!!!!!

jn77
10-07-2006, 05:13 PM
Fumble, Fumble-iya, fumble-aruski!! Longhorn Ball!!

Horry For 3!
10-07-2006, 05:13 PM
Secondary made a big play right there :tu

thispego
10-07-2006, 05:16 PM
ou's chode is at maximum threshold

Horry For 3!
10-07-2006, 05:19 PM
Davis wanted to go for the big play on 1st down, didn't work out well.

Horry For 3!
10-07-2006, 05:22 PM
Easiest TD of the season :lol

Horry For 3!
10-07-2006, 05:23 PM
Easiest TD of the season :lol
Shit, probably will get overturned

j-6
That pass was forward, wasn't it? Better hurry up and kick.

jn77
I think it's coming back

Horry For 3!
10-07-2006, 05:24 PM
Fuckin sweet, TD

jn77
Touchdown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Horry For 3!
I never knew that if it was even then it is counted as a backwards pass, awesome

Horry For 3!
Well my statement stands then, easiest TD of the season :smokin

Cant_Be_Faded
10-07-2006, 05:25 PM
tHAT JUST MAY HAVE BEEN THE FINAL 9)&DEATHBLOW&(6 OMG SCOTT GET READY TO PAY UP

jn77
10-07-2006, 05:26 PM
Me either, Sweet

j-6
10-07-2006, 05:28 PM
Someone tell Bobby Stoops and the school's president that this is a Big 12 officiating crew.

jn77
10-07-2006, 05:28 PM
Can't relax. Plenty of time left for OU.

jn77
10-07-2006, 05:31 PM
Great hit!!

Horry For 3!
10-07-2006, 05:32 PM
Aaron Ross steps up again, INT

jn77
10-07-2006, 05:32 PM
Stick a fork in the sooners, they are done!

kskonn
10-07-2006, 05:43 PM
score?

Horry For 3!
10-07-2006, 05:51 PM
score?
28-10 Texas wins

Cant_Be_Faded
10-07-2006, 05:51 PM
who won the game?

ATX Spur
10-07-2006, 11:05 PM
Fuck yes Texas! Wish I could have been in Austin for that one. :spin

BeerIsGood!
10-07-2006, 11:44 PM
That was a great time at the Cotton Bowl today - partying and fucking with OU fans. Great time... Let's see how this one broke down:

BeerIsGood!
10-07-2006, 11:52 PM
Back on topic. As long as Greg fucking Davis lets the O line blow the feeble (and I mean really feeble) OU D line off the ball this game won't be close. (Greg Fucking Davis never really let them get in a rhythm, but when they did fire off the ball OU stood no chance. Colt on a 6 yard QB sneak means the O Line dominated OU D) Peterson will barely sniff the field, and when he does he'll be eaten up by the front 7. (103 yards on 25 carries - most on one drive in 2nd quarter. Good day for front 7 D) JGW seems to think that throwing will open up the running game, but Texas doesn't bring 8 in the box to stop the run because they don't have to. (And didn't have to today either. Three blown coverages let the TE get open on nicely designed plays, but overall very good tackling in the open field) The front 7 dominates the run, and Thompson isn't close to good enough at QB to do anything aerial against a D of this caliber. (100% correct. Thompson isn't a QB - hung his receivers out to get laid the fuck out all day.) This puss was a WR up until Money Bags Bomar got sent packing. Gene Chizik is an absolute beast and when you give him this kind of talent he makes well oiled defensive fucking juggernauts. Since he arrived this D has been NASTY and VICIOUS (How many big hits? How many fumbles? AP, Iglesias, Kelly, etc. got LIT UP) (Did Joel "Knocked Unconcious" QB from Colorado ever wake up??) and the days of the weak D are over. This is the difference (along with OU being absolutely horrible on defense). Only hours until a second straight demolition of an overmatched OU team (Could have easily been much worse if not for Greg Fucking Davis giving away the entire 2nd quarter and most of the 1st quarter with some of the worst play calling I've seen from a college coach. Double reverse on that field when the O Line is blowing people off the ball?? Ridiculous. The Horns also refused to run the score up in the end. Classy team.)

I'm just glad that the Texas Highway Patrol doesn't regulate IQ and hygiene levels of people entering the state. If that was the case only Stoops and about 3 players would be able to cross over and the stadium would be half empty. The only red would be the inbred bitches who live here in the metroplex. (I wish they would have - the traffic was murder.)

BeerIsGood!
10-07-2006, 11:59 PM
I like how OU fans point to the early 00's as if that shit means anything anymore. Different teams, and Mack Daddy finally got a top notch D coordinator to handle all that talent Mack Daddy brings in every year. That is the big difference here - redshirt McCoy may only lead Texas to 17 to 27 (28) points in this game, but I'll be surprised if OU scores more than 14 (10) . Against that OU D the only thing that can stop UT is Greg Davis. If he lets the beasts loose UT should score 30+ easily. I like the combination of Sweed and Finley in the passing game - both are starting to really hit stride. If we could only get the offensive equivalent to Gene Chizik we'd be a dynasty. Mack Daddy bringing them in and the coordinators turning them into beasts.

Greg Davis should be fired immediately. I think Chizik punched Davis in the mouth at half time and demanded that he use the bull dozer like O line to start blowing people off the ball like they should. Finally began to get it in 3rd quarter. Call on this one was about as close as you can get.

BeerIsGood!
10-08-2006, 12:03 AM

More accurate words have never been written or spoken. Damn, do I have my shit together or do I have my shit together? My accuracy scares me sometimes... :lol

BeerIsGood!
10-08-2006, 12:08 AM

Damn, you should stick to rugby my friend... Football's just not your game.

leemajors
10-08-2006, 12:15 AM
i didn't think thompson was that bad. he was throwing some frozen ropes out there, and completing way too many passes on third and long. he came back down to earth near the end though. OU's wrs were also making some great catches though. the best part of the game was the multiple clock cleaning hits that were being thrown down out there.

BeerIsGood!
10-08-2006, 12:20 AM
Thompson was horrible. If a QB isn't playing a consistent game he is playing a bad game. He sailed passes all day and missed receivers that were open. The only ones he hit decently well were the TE who were open on blown coverages. His receivers got laid out nasty because he sailed the ball on them. He is a WR. Not a QB by any stretch of the imagination.

leemajors
10-08-2006, 12:22 AM
Thompson was horrible. If a QB isn't playing a consistent game he is playing a bad game. He sailed passes all day and missed receivers that were open. The only ones he hit decently well were the TE who were open on blown coverages. His receivers got laid out nasty because he sailed the ball on them. He is a WR. Not a QB by any stretch of the imagination.

he has a good arm, i thought he did at least as well as bomar. he fell apart bad though.

BeerIsGood!
10-08-2006, 12:26 AM
Jeff George had a great arm too, but where did that get him? That means nothing if you're gonna leave your receivers out to dry the few times you even get the ball anywhere near them. Bomar wouldn't have faired much better - he was vastly overrated as a HS QB.

leemajors
10-08-2006, 12:28 AM
Jeff George had a great arm too, but where did that get him? That means nothing if you're gonna leave your receivers out to dry the few times you even get the ball anywhere near them. Bomar wouldn't have faired much better - he was vastly overrated as a HS QB.

i'm not saying he resembles a great qb, i just didn't think he was the reason they lost. those third down conversions were getting tiresome.

BeerIsGood!
10-08-2006, 12:33 AM
He wasn't the reason they lost. OU being completely overmatched at just about every position (especially the D line) is the reason they lost. Greg Davis gave OU the 1st half with the worst play calling I've seen in a long time. This game should have been 21 - 0 Texas midway through the 2nd quarter. Davis tried to get cute and ended up tricking himself with the damn double reverse, zone reads, and screen and shovel passes when the D Line wasn't getting any kind of a rush. He seems to be a good QB coach and works well with McCoy like he did with VY, but he is the worst play caller in college football. He is so bad I believe McCoy could do a better job at times if he called his own damn plays old school style.

Thompson looked lost. He rushed his throws and was wild all day. Can't be a QB at a top notch program if you do that.

leemajors
10-08-2006, 12:36 AM
it's really too bad they will probably never get rid of davis. young made sure he will be employed as long as brown is. way too conservative, and i hate the cute little screen/quick pass to the wr on the outside. it's been a staple of the UT offense since he arrived.

BeerIsGood!
10-08-2006, 12:45 AM
What bothers me today is that all he had to do was be conservative to start the game. This guy has been given the best run blocking O Line in the country, two very quick and good running backs, and an additional power back at his disposal. Just about every O Coordinator in the country would KILL to be in that position. This gameplan should have been simple since the OU front 7 couldn't stop the run between the tackles. Run at them until they adjust and bring the LB closer to the line while bringing in a safety or two to creep up in run support. As soon as you see that the WR get One on One coverage and McCoy can play action and pick them apart. Once you get that balance you keep the D guessing and can move the ball on them all day. Instead this fool runs trick plays and tries to run sweeps or other "off tackle" running plays. Makes no sense. Any good O coach realizes that if you control the line of scrimmage you can make the defense do pretty much what you want. OU was in zone all day long and UT never adjusted to it. Never. That's what scares me - we can get away with this shit against a team like OU that we have completely overmatched, but against an OSU or other team we don't overmatch giving away possessions and quarters due to stupidity in play calling will kill us. Oh wait, it already has - and probably will again unless something is done.

mookie2001
10-08-2006, 04:16 AM
dammit I was on online communites such as myspace.com this afternoon, who won the game?

leemajors
10-13-2007, 04:40 PM
i don't know what it is, but i had to bump this since i mentioned a deathblow earlier.

Oscar DeLa
10-13-2007, 04:57 PM
i don't know what it is, but i had to bump this since i mentioned a deathblow earlier.

I don't know what it is, but this guy knows his sports..............CORRRSSSOOO