PDA

View Full Version : Which One Do You Think Hurts Manu More?

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-07-2006, 07:42 AM
The .4 shot from Derek Fisher with him trying to contest it as much as he can, or the bonehead foul on Dirk that led to our demise?

And plus, do you think Manu is thinking he should have 04-05 again to try and avenge himself from his mistake?

Discuss...

SpursWillOwn
10-07-2006, 08:55 AM
sure he can i've never doubted him (see sig) you could actually add the loss at WC to the list as well

carina_gino20
10-07-2006, 09:21 AM
since i think the 0.4 was a fluke, i'd say the dirk foul probably hurts more. the first one, he was told not to foul and he didn't. for the 2nd, he did, and that was definitely a big mistake.

there's no doubt manu wants to redeem himself this season and i believe he will. :king

JamStone
10-07-2006, 09:29 AM
Ginobili couldn't have done anything different on Fisher's shot. It was unguardable and just lucky for it to go in.

However, he could have done something about that foul on Dirk.

It's an easy answer if you realize that.

1Parker1
10-07-2006, 09:31 AM
I don't think Manu blames himself for either...neither plays were what led to the Spurs "demise."

.4, as someone else mentioned was just a fluke. Manu defended that as best as he could. He was instructed not to foul and he put up a hand in Fisher's face to defend the shot...it just went it. Spurs still had a Game 6 and 7 to win it, but they let that shot affect them more than it should have. Besides, 04-05 Spurs weren't that great. Not sure they would have been able to beat the Pistons that season even if they had reached the Finals.

Last season, while that Dirk foul by Manu was boneheaded, it wasn't really why the Spurs lost. You can look at it that if Manu hadn't even hit that clutch 3 pointer earlier, Spurs wouldn't have even been in a position where that Dirk foul could have hurt them. Moreover, they had a chance to redeem themselves in OT still. There were a host of other reasons...questionable refereeing throughout the series, our lack of bench production, our lack of a reliable Center who we could start, etc.

I'm sure Manu and the entire team (judging by their comments) will try to avenge the loss from last season. But not because of a single play, but because of a whole bunch of things that hurt their chances of repeating when they easily could have last season.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-07-2006, 09:50 AM
My guess is:

http://www.fiba.com/images/web/News/Photos/2006/wwc/030906/_original/esp_o.jpg

http://www.fiba.com/images/web/News/Photos/2006/wwc/030906/_original/GRe_team_o.jpg

http://www.fiba.com/images/web/Events/2006_wcm/fanZone/photZone/photoDay/060902/_original/usa_o.jpg

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/PHO/AAHE103_16x20~Miami-Heat-2006-NBA-Finals-Posters.jpg

I have a feeling Manu comes back with a damned vengeance and has a career year.

Tobias
10-07-2006, 10:53 AM
I cant believe those particular guys in that last photo got rings...

dirk4mvp
10-07-2006, 11:12 AM

:lol

Cherry
10-07-2006, 03:18 PM
What i think hurts Manu more was:

1_ Loss with Estudiantes team in 1994. His dad was the team president at that time and Manu think he failed to him. So he cried for 2 days in his room. He was 17 years old.

2_ Indianápolis World Championship 2002. The final game vs Serbia/Yugoslavia. That was really hard.

Bruno
10-07-2006, 03:37 PM
For few months, Manu has faced a lot of though moments :
- Lots of injuries during the regular season.
- Artest owning him for the most part of the Sacramento serie.
- His turnover that has resulted in a Spurs' lost against Sacramaento.
- His foul against Dirk during the game 7.
- His poor performance against Spain that has resulted in Argentina's lost.

It's a lot of events and I strongly hope that Manu isn't broken and will be again Supermanu.

gospursgojas
10-07-2006, 03:40 PM
He can always blame the refs or the clock in .4......obviously started late

But he has no one to blame in game 7 of the WCF but himself.

I expect Manu to come back with vengence this year

Cherry
10-07-2006, 03:55 PM
- His poor performance against Spain that has resulted in Argentina's lost.

That´s your point of view.

Bruno
10-07-2006, 04:01 PM
That´s your point of view.

My point of view is that 6/21 FG is a poor performance.

remingtonbo2001
10-07-2006, 04:09 PM
If that isn't the biggest SHIT-EATING GRIN I have ever seen........

Obviously refering to Antwan Walker......

Then again, what the hell was Bob looking at in the picture below

WalterBenitez
10-07-2006, 07:02 PM
1) ARG's NT lost against Spain in 2006's WC
2) ARG's 4th place in 2006's WC
3) ARG's 2nd place in 2002's WC
4) Stupid Manu's play against the blondie in 2006
5) ...
10) .4 ...

TMTTRIO
10-07-2006, 07:39 PM
I think Manu wants to forget this entire year from all his injury problems and not being able to stay healthy and play like he is usually able to play to his boneheaded plays during the playoff time that ended with us loosing. Add to that his national team loosing this summer. I just hope he has a better year and plays like we know he can. I know he said before he came back to SA that he's ready to win after his bad year.

MmP
10-07-2006, 08:25 PM
Well...
I dont think .4 shot as Manu's mistake, just one out of 1500 more shots would go in again.

I do consider 7th game foul on Dirk as a mistake but that's his game: take risks. He took one earlier in that game and resulted in the three pointer which gave the spurs the big lead. You gotta live with those risks, he won't change. But knowing Manu those mistakes in the past will estimulate him to have his revenge, he's one of the toughest players mentally in the league.

Dirk41MVP
10-08-2006, 01:12 AM
you guys forget that if he doesn't hit that lucky three pointer to put you guys up by 3 with 32 seconds remaining in game 7, there wouldn't even be a dirk and-1 anyways... I think the dirk play must hurt him more though, he really thought he could block dirk at the rim ? mmm... nice basketball IQ

dirk4mvp
10-08-2006, 01:15 AM
you guys forget that if he doesn't hit that lucky three pointer to put you guys up by 3 with 32 seconds remaining in game 7, there wouldn't even be a dirk and-1 anyways... I think the dirk play must hurt him more though, he really thought he could block dirk at the rim ? mmm... nice basketball IQ

Oh no. You must have forgotten about how Dirk is a soft bitch.

:angel

Texas_Ranger
10-08-2006, 01:34 AM
That, when Manu made a foul on Dirk in the 7 game.

andsoon
10-08-2006, 01:52 AM
manu was really close to make the block. If he had made it, he would be the spurs stud. But since he missed it, he is the dumbest player. If there is no manu,the game7 even would not exsit.
manu's performance against spain is good.All of argentinian big man score 14 points.They can not defense Gasol,manu help them many times,he also need defense his man,even hurt his wrist,the last shot was miss,so he lost everything ,6\21FG is nothing.I want to cry when the game is over .MANU speak to reporters with smile ,but if you were there ,you would grieved over his desperation,From then on ,I knew they would be defeated by usa .
My english is very poor

THE SIXTH MAN
10-08-2006, 02:23 AM
Neither, 0.4 he guarded D. Fisher as good as he could with out fouling him. Besides they had 2 more games to close out the Lakers. And Maybe fouling Dirk and losing to Dallas could be the best thing to happen to him. Manu is a player that plays with passion. Imagine how hungry he is to come back and be the Manu we all know and love. I doubt Manu at this point is letting that series lost get to him, instead hes probably using it for extreme motivation. There's nothing more dangerous than a player with heart having the bad taste of losing in his mouth.

Dirk41MVP
10-09-2006, 11:33 AM
There's nothing more dangerous than a player with heart having the bad taste of losing in his mouth.

yeah watch out, he'll come back and put a career high in flopping... :lol

v2freak
10-09-2006, 12:17 PM
Duncan said it himself, it was something like "Manu did everything possible..."

Whereas the foul on Dirk was something he could have prevented..

rascy13
10-09-2006, 04:49 PM
Yeah, seriously.

Leetonidas
10-09-2006, 04:56 PM

Manu making a wide open three is lucky? You're an idiot.

ATX Spur
10-09-2006, 07:04 PM

I'd rather him flop at NBA players than exercise bikes.

Dirk41MVP
10-10-2006, 03:57 PM
You're an idiot.

look at your avatar and tell me who's the idiot.

cheguevara
10-10-2006, 04:20 PM

at least manu's balls don't shrink to peanut-size in the Finals

nkdlunch
10-10-2006, 04:22 PM

:lol I know, all thanks to spineless Mavs

Jimcs50
10-11-2006, 08:30 AM
The .4 was a lot easier to swallow than last year's debacle. I seriously have lost a lot of respect for Pop and I do not know if I can get back my enthusiasm for Spurs' bball. This is first year in 29 that I really have no interest in the NBA season starting up. I think I need some shock therapy or something....because right now, I have no faith in Pop being able to get the team another championship. He cost the team the championship with his stubborness and infexability, and it still pisses me off.

Hopefully, when the season gets going, I will change my mind, but in the mean time, I have season tickets to Aggies' bball, and that is what I am excited about right now.

Dirk41MVP
10-11-2006, 05:49 PM
at least manu's balls don't shrink to peanut-size in the Finals

yeah cause he's got none.. fucking flopper

I originally thought this thread would be about which of his flops hurt more too... my bad

Cherry
10-11-2006, 08:31 PM
yeah cause he's got none.. fucking flopper

I originally thought this thread would be about which of his flops hurt more too... my bad

flop at an exercise bike :drunk

GrandeDavid
10-11-2006, 10:40 PM
Manu is a highly accomplished professional athlete. I honestly think thats all behind him. I think its a clean slate and he's going to continue to bring it 100%. Win or lose, as long as the effort is there, I think he can live with past outcomes. He ain't a jaker.