PDA

View Full Version : New Polls released...

Brutalis
10-08-2006, 01:04 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/polls

Arkansas #17

Bob Lanier
10-08-2006, 01:19 PM
Somebody tell me just how the hell USC is still a top-three team? I like USC, and I wouldn't rank them over either Michigan or West Virginia.

Holmes_Fans
10-08-2006, 02:28 PM
They are top 3 based off what they did last season.

Brutalis
10-08-2006, 02:39 PM
What I will never understand is how a team you beat is still ranked higher than you... what's the point of polls then.?..

BeerIsGood!
10-08-2006, 02:42 PM
Two fools in the AP voted WVU #1. They should have their votes taken from them - that's crazy. Damn you LSU - you needed to beat FLA. USC probably loses to either one of ND, Oregon, or CAL if not more than one. Michigan or OSU will eventually be out of the top 5, and WVU has to play Louisville in Louisville. FLA still has to go undefeated to win the SEC title (one tough road) to be in Championship game. Interesting to see what happens...

Brutalis
10-08-2006, 03:06 PM
L'Ville is not that great. Miami sucked. They still have more than enough to prove other than their ranking.

SrA Husker
10-08-2006, 05:45 PM
Overranked:
Notre Dame, Auburn, West Virginia, Oklahoma

Underranked:
Nebraska, Clemson

Beautiful:
Florida State and Miami nowhere to be seen

JoeChalupa
10-08-2006, 06:22 PM
I'm telling ya it's gonna be the Buckeyes and Wolverines.

Holmes_Fans
10-08-2006, 08:08 PM
Until they play each other in the regular season, and the loser drops out of the top 5.

johngateswhiteley
10-08-2006, 08:39 PM
Two fools in the AP voted WVU #1. They should have their votes taken from them - that's crazy. Damn you LSU - you needed to beat FLA. USC probably loses to either one of ND, Oregon, or CAL if not more than one. Michigan or OSU will eventually be out of the top 5, and WVU has to play Louisville in Louisville. FLA still has to go undefeated to win the SEC title (one tough road) to be in Championship game. Interesting to see what happens...

USC will be healthy by the time they play those teams, God willing, and beat them all!

johngateswhiteley
10-09-2006, 02:14 AM
god is on notre dame's side

not when they play USC...in the Coliseum.

NoMoneyDown
10-09-2006, 07:07 AM
I see people are still doubting the two Big East schools (WVU and Louisville). Just like last year, they'll have people turning heads again this year. Don't let WVU's powder-puff schedule and only 30+ margin of victory fool you. Rodriguez reminds me a lot of Tressel in the "let's not humiliate the opposition even though we can" department. And, yes, Miami has turned out to be a major disapointment, but at the time everyone was considering it a major upset (and if you didn't you're lying).

Now to this week's polls ...

No, there's no bias in the AP I can assure you. Nope. (Yeah, that was sarcasm.) Florida was ranked #5, beat then #9 LSU by a mere 13 AT HOME, and vaults to #2? WTF? Texas beat then #14 Oklahoma in a nuetral place by 18 and only go up one notch (and that's because Auburn got upset). Yeah, no bias there. And USC gets scared by another unranked Washington team (AT HOME, too) and maintains their top-3 ranking?

After last year, I've come to realize the Heisman Trophy is nothing but a tarnished peice of metal given to whoever's jock the media loves at the time and not the best college football player. Now I'm starting to believe the rankings are tainted to some degree, too. Utter BS.

Drachen
10-09-2006, 12:43 PM
USC will be healthy by the time they play those teams, God willing, and beat them all!

I really think that ND will beat USC this year even if it is a road game. If for no other reason than spreading vengence for last year's robbing of their win.

Mr Dio
10-09-2006, 01:01 PM
I really think that ND will beat USC this year even if it is a road game. If for no other reason than spreading vengence for last year's robbing of their win.

Sad to say but yeah, SC won't be a true #3, or top 3 team IMO til they get a couple of VERY SOLID & CONVINCING wins over above average comp.
The fact that they've escaped with wins over VERY AVERAGE comp whether they are 100% or not doesn't mean anything when you open your eyes & realize that SC recruits 5 & 4 star players as much or more than any other school in the past 5 yrs, OR MORE.
Not impressive SC, not impressive.

Condemned 2 HelLA
10-09-2006, 02:37 PM
Sad to say but yeah, SC won't be a true #3, or top 3 team IMO til they get a couple of VERY SOLID & CONVINCING wins over above average comp.
The fact that they've escaped with wins over VERY AVERAGE comp whether they are 100% or not doesn't mean anything when you open your eyes & realize that SC recruits 5 & 4 star players as much or more than any other school in the past 5 yrs, OR MORE.
Not impressive SC, not impressive.

I like USC as well, but these past three wins against PAC-10 opponents have been less than stellar showings for the Trojans.
VERY sub-standard to say the least.

Mr Dio
10-09-2006, 02:42 PM
I like USC as well, but these past three wins against PAC-10 opponents have been less than stellar showings for the Trojans.
VERY sub-standard to say the least.

Amen.
I can't look to any excuses either.
Have to call it like it is.
To say SC is a top 3 team right now is to say UT is as well.
They aren't.

UT is a top 5 IMO after whipping ou.
I somehow can't put WV in top 5 UNLESS they beat Louisville.

BeerIsGood!
10-09-2006, 10:26 PM
I
After last year, I've come to realize the Heisman Trophy is nothing but a tarnished peice of metal given to whoever's jock the media loves at the time and not the best college football player. Now I'm starting to believe the rankings are tainted to some degree, too. Utter BS.

I've thought that about the Heisman for a long time. It's worthless.

MajorMike
10-10-2006, 07:55 AM
Barry's was the last Heisman that actually went to "The Best Player in College Football."