PDA

View Full Version : Which Player Do You Want Out of the Spurs?

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-08-2006, 05:00 PM
The top candidates are:
Beno
Brent
and E-Will.

My vote is Beno. In these games in Europe, I think JV has shown enough to make us aware that he can handle being the backup.

Also try to come up with a trade to get rid of that person. I'm not gonna post one because I'm not good at them.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-08-2006, 05:08 PM
Manu. He fouled Dirk and lost us the Finals.

Obstructed_View
10-08-2006, 05:27 PM
If Beno is making Vaughn look like a legit backup...

Old School Chic
10-08-2006, 05:29 PM
Beno

Kori Ellis
10-08-2006, 06:27 PM
I don't want Beno out of the Spurs because I don't like Vaughn as the primary backup. I want Beno to earn the backup job and play well.

So I guess I don't really want any of the Spurs out.

If the Spurs could get a younger small forward for EWill/Barry in a trade, I'd take it though.

ducks
10-08-2006, 06:41 PM
barry as the backup point would be ok

Kori Ellis
10-08-2006, 06:41 PM
barry as the backup point would be ok

Not really. It's okay in spot minutes, but he'd get killed on D by too many point guards if he was the full time backup.

SenorSpur
10-08-2006, 07:00 PM
Nick Van Exel. Oh, I forgot. He's already gone. Perhaps Pop will bring him back in place of Beno again. Perish the thought!

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-08-2006, 07:12 PM
If the Spurs could get a younger small forward for EWill/Barry in a trade, I'd take it though.

I ask again, how did we let Jumaine Jones go to Phoenix FOR THE MINIMUM??? Worst miss of the offseason for us. He was our next Jaren Jackson, only better (yes, I know Jaren was awful at times, but he also made some big clutch shots).

Who do I want gone? Give Beno until Dec 31 to prove something, then, if he hasn't, ship his arse out for whatever we can get.

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-08-2006, 07:14 PM
Please don't tell me you lost a sig bet Johnny!

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-08-2006, 07:22 PM
Before Eric Williams wasn't given time in Toronto he was playing good with NJ and in the Celtics he averaged like 15 ppg.

iceman44
10-08-2006, 07:49 PM
Brent Barry.

Bob Lanier
10-08-2006, 08:17 PM
Manu Ginobili is my least favorite Spur, but Beno is useless and may as well be off the team already.

Neither Brent Barry nor Eric Williams is all that bad, unless they've gotten substantially worse since the last time I saw them play.

mavs>spurs2
10-08-2006, 09:04 PM
How is Eric Williams even an option? He hasn't played a single game for you guys yet, it may turn out that you guys love him. Kinda like Griffin was for Dallas, just a hard worker that plays defense and has a great attitude.

phyzik
10-08-2006, 11:01 PM
If Beno doesnt start proving himself during the pre-season I say he needs to go, the opportunity is ripe for him to "sieze his destiny" as a true NBA PG.

Brent Barry Im still on the fence about, once he learned he was on the chopping block last year he snapped out of it for a stint, and so far this pre-season (granted against non-nba teams) he has shown alot of hustle. I think he should be given at least until mid-season trades come up, if he still isnt the Barry we paid for then he probably needs to go.

wildbill2u
10-08-2006, 11:19 PM
I don't want Beno out of the Spurs because I don't like Vaughn as the primary backup. I want Beno to earn the backup job and play well.

So I guess I don't really want any of the Spurs out.

Amen. What a negative thread--Like so many others. Why can't we get some positive threads like:

Which Spur can do most to improve his game?

Texas_Ranger
10-08-2006, 11:54 PM
Vaughn

v2freak
10-08-2006, 11:57 PM
Beno

TDMVPDPOY
10-09-2006, 01:45 AM
tp for cp3

RogerIsEatingASandwich
10-09-2006, 01:46 AM
Beno right now

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-09-2006, 01:57 AM
Before Eric Williams wasn't given time in Toronto he was playing good with NJ and in the Celtics he averaged like 15 ppg.

I was trying to point that out when we first acquired him, but no-one was listening. I hope he still has some hustle left in the tank.

Manu Ginobili is my least favorite Spur, but Beno is useless and may as well be off the team already.

Neither Brent Barry nor Eric Williams is all that bad, unless they've gotten substantially worse since the last time I saw them play.

Woah! I'm stunned. How can anyone not love Manu? Hell, I can't get enough of the guy. I think he and Tony made this team really exciting to watch... not that i didn't love the Spurs before them, but they have really brought a freshness to Spurs ball. Each to his own...

DieMrBond
10-09-2006, 03:01 AM
Woah! I'm stunned. How can anyone not love Manu? Hell, I can't get enough of the guy. I think he and Tony made this team really exciting to watch... not that i didn't love the Spurs before them, but they have really brought a freshness to Spurs ball. Each to his own...

You might not of noticed, but his team is the 'Chicago Bulls' - probably explains it. (Although, with Chapu on his team, you'd think he would like the shooting guard version in Manu)

On other forums (for example, Inside Hoops) there is HUGE hate towards Manu. (for his supposed flopping, his hair, etc etc)

Quasar
10-09-2006, 03:18 AM
I like Brent... Good shooting, nice guy, great passer... He should get the backup point guard position! I don't think he's that big a drop off from Beno.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
10-09-2006, 04:21 AM
You might not of noticed, but his team is the 'Chicago Bulls' - probably explains it. (Although, with Chapu on his team, you'd think he would like the shooting guard version in Manu)

On other forums (for example, Inside Hoops) there is HUGE hate towards Manu. (for his supposed flopping, his hair, etc etc)
It's really a compliment that he's on non-Spurs fans radar.

Bruno
10-09-2006, 04:53 AM
I want nobody out of the Spurs but I really think Spurs should trade Barry.

Barry is a poor fit because he can't be effective at PG and at SG/SF he is redundant with Finley. I would like to have a more physical 4th swing. If Spurs can't find a quality long SF and if Williams is done, a player like Devin Brown is still a better fit than Barry.

Tobias
10-09-2006, 09:16 AM
Elson. Waste of money and meat

Solid D
10-09-2006, 11:21 AM

I bet you'd take Manu in a nanosecond....no in a picosecond...if your favorite team showed interest in him, and you'd be wearing his gear if he played for them. :lol

bdictjames
10-09-2006, 11:59 AM
Id rather get back DRob

Bob Lanier
10-09-2006, 12:07 PM
I bet you'd take Manu in a nanosecond....no in a picosecond...if your favorite team showed interest in him
I'm not saying he's not a good player, only that I don't like watching him play, much like LeBron James, Chauncey Billups, Shaquille O'Neal, or Antoine Walker. My last "favorite team" was the Pistons, and I've hated having to watch Billups for years.

Elson isn't that bad. Bad, but not really any worse than Nazho, and you can't just discard size.

Trainwreck2100
10-09-2006, 12:11 PM
tp for cp3

Hornets ain't that stupid

rascy13
10-09-2006, 05:00 PM
Beno

shaggy17
10-09-2006, 05:15 PM
tp for cp3

TP>>>>>>>>>CP

Justletgo
10-09-2006, 07:29 PM
I won't go for any of the new guys because I haven't seen enough of them yet.

Vaughn was horrible with the Nets, I was horrified when I found out he was going to be a Spur. From what I saw of the preseason games he is still far too hesitant on open shots and he holds the ball for too long. Get him out of here.

I think it is probably time for Horry to go. He looks tired and uninterested most of the time. I adore him but if he isn't serving a purpose we don't need him.

I don't know if I can blame Beno for having injury issues. I don't read enough about him but if Pop is never going to play him regularly then he can go too.