PDA

View Full Version : Arizona State @ Southern Cal

johngateswhiteley
10-09-2006, 04:02 PM
thoughts: hopefully SC will get Jarrett back and Steve Smith will be able to play, though nothing has been said yet. if so i look for SC to get back on track in a convincing win...if not...well lets hope not.

prediction:

SC 41
ASU 14

KewlKat00
10-09-2006, 04:24 PM
i heard that jarrett's shoulder didn't worsen after saturday's game. i would still give him until after the bye just to make sure. not to mention that it will give patrick turner some more valuable time. steve smith only has a first degree ankle sprain so i look for him to be back this week.

i think booty will have a good game this week. i also think turner could improve on his 12 catch, 116 yard performance. the two of them together could be very good.

sc 42
asu 16

Brutalis
10-09-2006, 04:25 PM
without jarrett and smith : ASU 28 USC 20

with: USC 34 ASU 28

Phil Hellmuth
10-09-2006, 09:33 PM
Usc 35 Asu 14

johngateswhiteley
10-14-2006, 12:30 PM
Jarrett and Smith to play...feeling good about SC all over again, LOL.

SC 41
ASU 14

j-6
10-14-2006, 04:04 PM
I think you guys are giving ASU's defense too much credit. If they let Oregon and Cal score almost fifty a piece on them, how are they going to do in the Coliseum with Dwayne Jarrett back in the lineup?

SC 49, ASU 27.

johngateswhiteley
10-14-2006, 04:26 PM
I think you guys are giving ASU's defense too much credit. If they let Oregon and Cal score almost fifty a piece on them, how are they going to do in the Coliseum with Dwayne Jarrett back in the lineup?

SC 49, ASU 27.

ha ha. cause SC is still finding themselves on offense with all the injuries. but i promise you this....no way ASU scores over 26 points. take that to the bank...

johngateswhiteley
10-14-2006, 06:21 PM
how in the world is our coverage on ABC the michigan vs. penn state game? are we not two states from Arizona and forever from michigan and pennsylvania? this coverage is fucking retarded. i know i'll be at a b'day dinner anyway, but damn...i was looking forward to walking to the bar area for updates.

Horry For 3!
10-14-2006, 10:21 PM
USC barely beat ASU :lmao 28-21, they don't deserve the #2 spot, it should be Michigan.

BUMP
10-14-2006, 10:43 PM
johngates, i thought you were an A&M fan. jumping ship already?

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51307

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
10-14-2006, 10:51 PM
No way in hell are they the #2 team in the country. Hell, WV has played far better than SC thus far this year...

OSU and UM, and some lucky ass team gets a chance to play for the NC because they are in the same conference. Too bad, because this game is going to be epic...

Holmes_Fans
10-14-2006, 11:40 PM
Who on offense is hurt that would allow them to not score 30 points for the 3rd straight game? Booty is fine, the RB's are nice and dandy, Jarret came back today. Smith surely isn't the reason they can't get over 30

KewlKat00
10-15-2006, 12:51 AM
not having a fullback hurts, but i wish they would let booty throw some bombs...

johngateswhiteley
10-15-2006, 03:44 PM
KewlKat-
...i didn't get to see the game. what in your estimation happened? from the highlights it would appear USC got up big (21-0) and then sorta let ASU back in the game?

KewlKat00
10-16-2006, 10:37 PM
KewlKat-
...i didn't get to see the game. what in your estimation happened? from the highlights it would appear USC got up big (21-0) and then sorta let ASU back in the game?

the offense and the defense looked good in the first 1.5 quarters. up 21-0. then it seemed we backed off on defense. alot of 2nd and 3rd stringers in there for some reason. asu scored. then after halftime booty had a couple quick mistakes. tie game. offense was off for a couple more series. then chauncey just ran the ball and the clock down (about 6 or so minutes) for the last score. i was obviously nervous, but even though asu got the ball back i never felt like carpenter was in a good enough groove. for some reason they punted with 1:30 left. it was 4th and 22, but they had to go for that to have any chance. and that was the game.

the obvious problems that i find are not winning the turnover game, 3rd down defense recently, penalties at crucial times, and most importantly no continuity on offense. i'm not quite sure what kiffin is doing with booty's passing plays. what happened to fred davis? surely he could get a few touches. why not throw more at allen bradford after his first catch? why throw to jody adewale, a once 6th string fb, on the final drive, especially when we had been entirely running for awhile? why not throw to travon patterson once or twice, with his speed who knows? i wonder what norm chow would do... and speaking of norm, i heard he is interested in the asu job and i just can't see koetter lasting much longer having never won in the state of california.

johngateswhiteley
10-17-2006, 02:25 AM
the offense and the defense looked good in the first 1.5 quarters. up 21-0. then it seemed we backed off on defense. alot of 2nd and 3rd stringers in there for some reason. asu scored. then after halftime booty had a couple quick mistakes. tie game. offense was off for a couple more series. then chauncey just ran the ball and the clock down (about 6 or so minutes) for the last score. i was obviously nervous, but even though asu got the ball back i never felt like carpenter was in a good enough groove. for some reason they punted with 1:30 left. it was 4th and 22, but they had to go for that to have any chance. and that was the game.

the obvious problems that i find are not winning the turnover game, 3rd down defense recently, penalties at crucial times, and most importantly no continuity on offense. i'm not quite sure what kiffin is doing with booty's passing plays. what happened to fred davis? surely he could get a few touches. why not throw more at allen bradford after his first catch? why throw to jody adewale, a once 6th string fb, on the final drive, especially when we had been entirely running for awhile? why not throw to travon patterson once or twice, with his speed who knows? i wonder what norm chow would do... and speaking of norm, i heard he is interested in the asu job and i just can't see koetter lasting much longer having never won in the state of california.

thank you KewlKat, i really appreciate it. hopefully SC will get this ship righted the next two weeks.

fight on bro!