PDA

View Full Version : Southwest success

Dalhoop
10-11-2006, 10:33 AM
I understand that the Mavs or Spurs will be on the top of the Division, but what about the others in the division?

The Rockets look to have improved, the Hornets are looking good and the Grizzlies always seem to win.

Could it be that all the SW teams make the post season?

I would think that the Suns are a lock for the post season.

What do you think the Rockets, Grizzlies and Hornets will do? Will we have Four of the Eight from the SW?

MrChug
10-11-2006, 11:44 AM
Alot of pre-season prognosticators have the Rockets finishing the season with a sub .500 record, thus missing the playoffs. I call buII$h!t. Barring major injuries (oh and minus an almost CERTAIN "Bonzi Blowup"the Rockets will finish 3rd in the SW and possibly up to 50 games, maybe more. I love Pau and the Griz, but can't believe that the West will shape up any differently than it did last year, other than the Rockets ;)

Bruno
10-11-2006, 01:16 PM
Mavs, Spurs and Rockets are a lock.

Griz won't make the playoff. They will play without Gasol for at least 30 games and gay is a downgrade from Batier (for the moment). I think they should try to rebuild : tank the season to get a good draft pick and go under the cap to sign good FAs.

I really like Hornets' starting lineup (Paul/Mason/Peja/West/Chandler). My concern is that their paint defense rely on Chandler who is quite injury prone and they don't have a quality backup for him. I think that they will make the playoffs.