PDA

View Full Version : He Who Plays NBA Live 07... On Live...

mcornelio
10-11-2006, 11:47 AM
Posteth Thou GamerTageteh Hereth

:angel

Mixability
10-11-2006, 11:49 AM
you fucking bought Live? That's worse than your ex-gf getting gang banged every night and posting the mpeg file of the footage on your myspace.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-11-2006, 11:50 AM
That's the only thing I miss about having an unmodded Xbox is XBL.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-11-2006, 11:50 AM
That's worse than your ex-gf getting gang banged every night and posting the mpeg file of the footage on your myspace.

I think we need to actually have that happen so we can confirm which is worse.

Mixability
10-11-2006, 11:52 AM
I think we need to actually have that happen so we can confirm which is worse.

have you heard about cornholio's ex? :lol

mcornelio
10-11-2006, 11:54 AM
theres nothing wrong with live... all you 2k7 bitches need to take a chill pill.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-11-2006, 11:54 AM
have you heard about cornholio's ex? :lol

Yes, I'm one of the people to have kept it going this whole time. I mean, I wouldn't mind seeing a video of it....

CuckingFunt
10-11-2006, 11:57 AM
Yes, I'm one of the people to have kept it going this whole time. I mean, I wouldn't mind seeing a video of it....
Have you ever actually seen a gangbang video? They're really not that appealing.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-11-2006, 11:58 AM
Have you ever actually seen a gangbang video? They're really not that appealing.

Yes, but I've never indirectly known anybody involved in one before.

Mixability
10-11-2006, 11:58 AM
theres nothing wrong with live... all you 2k7 bitches need to take a chill pill.

Even the Live bitches are bitching:

Dear NBA LIVE 07 Production Team,

I am writing on behalf of the online NBA LIVE community to petition the release of a patch that will fix some major issues in the latest instalment in the NBA LIVE series that severely impede enjoyment of the game and the realism it strives to create. As a community we have compiled a list of the most important areas of concern as well as some less important but nevertheless significant problems and a few minor issues, which you can find below.

Attached to this letter you will also find a list with the email addresses of the users who support our cause. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you,

Andrew Begley
NBA Live Series Center
Webmaster/Forum Administrator
http://www.nba-live.com
[email protected]

On behalf of:
The NBA Live Series Center Team & the NBA Live Online Community
http://www.nba-live.com & http://www.nbaliveforums.com

Major Issues (Top Priority)

Teams don't sub normally for both human and CPU. Players only leave if there is foul trouble, and often do not come back for an extended period of time. Fatigue does not affect substitutions, and it was reported that a starter that is exhausted but not in foul trouble will be sent back into the game if an attempt to bench him was made.

Add sliders for Fatigue and CPU Substitution Frequency

Provide alternative shorter seasons rather than only full 82 game seasons similar to previous years' versions

Point guard takes too many shots/scores too often; primacy issue? It was reported that the point guard does not fatigue compared to all the other players.

When ending a matchup by clicking on 'Quit Game' rather than returning to the main menu, it literally exits the game. [Both EA Downloader and PC-DVD version]

Save stats button (especially for online leagues)

Significant Issues

The small square not disappearing when hiding the menu in instant replay mode

After calling a play, there's an inability to see where to set up plays

Direct pass position assignment not correctly mapped to gamepad. ie: dunk label appears over player, pressing the dunk button will pass to a player with the lay-up label.

If locked as a player, the CPU does not auto inbound. Inbounds are only done if one presses the pass button. This is a significant gameplay issue if one is locked as a power forward or center.

While using direct pass, player lock or off ball mode is enabled without clicking on the right analog stick (Thrustmaster & Logitech controllers)

No option to turn the stamina bar on in direct IP mode

Can't access PDA during trade player phase unless you get a new message

With two players on the same team using player lock for both, one of the players will frequently lose the ability to play

Most often, defense are not aware of the opposing team's SG and SF on the transition. Momentarily, they will be wide open for long jumpers.

Pressing the direct pass does not automatically switch to the player closest to the basket. The manual falsely states otherwise.

When starting a dynasty, detail settings cannot be changed.

Minor Issues

Add missing key players

Add missing jerseys and replace incorrect courts (Toronto Raptors)

Incorrect head textures

If a player gets blocked, the layup/dunk will count as 0/2 FG

A deflected pass counts as a turnover

There are no averages at the Team Stats screen

Occasionally, the CPU player dribbles until time winds down in non-clutch situations

Some settings like preferences are set to default each time you load the game

Can't release players during the FA negotiation period

Players occasionally warp (disappear then re-appear)

Jab steps (and other pivot moves) triggers a freestyle move (ie: http://youtube.com/watch?v=lSpGmbZloPY)

Camera zoom levels are never saved, it resets to default after quitting a game

Occasionally, when the center or power forward inbounds the ball after opposition scored, switching to an off-ball player other than the PG resulted in the C/PF holding the ball and not passing it to the active player (5-second violation)

There are "six" starters on the International team

A player retires at age 57 after playing only one year in the league [screenshot]

Rasheed Wallace and Pau Gasol cannot dunk, literally.

When a player blocks a jumper rather than a dunk or layup, the block will not count.

Three pointers either count a feet away from the line in a certain area or on the line in a different area.

Sometimes on a score and foul, the basket doesn't count, but the player shoots only one free throw.

Notifications for injuries or fouls occasionally do not show up.

Player textures are shown significantly different in the game and in the player edit screen.

The instant replay cuts off every time a player inbounds the ball, missing the finishing play.

Players have jumped 15 feet in the air.

Starters are occasionally benched prior to the start of a game.

(Signatures Follow)

http://www.nbaliveforums.com/ftopic42262.php

:lol

Mixability
10-11-2006, 11:59 AM

ah, I wouldn't want to see it. Based on cornholio's personality, could you imagine the quality chicks he pulls? :lol

NASpurs
10-11-2006, 01:00 PM
Here's another one Danyo (y'all should watch the videos towards the end. Some funny shit):

http://www.nbalive.org/portal/page/525

NBA LIVE COMMUNITY LETTER TO EA
As long time NBA Live fans, some of us even from when EA was putting "vs." in their titles, we have been around the block with EA many times. Most of us have gone beyond mere fans into "fanatics" spending countless man-hours on fan sites or making modifications or patches for the games. Even those of us who have not, have spent as many hours involving ourselves in an ever expanding community of other NBA Live fans. If anyone deserves the tag "hardcore fan" it's us. We have stuck by EA and NBA Live in the face of serious competition from the 2K series.

For us however, NBA Live 07 is the final straw. The one that broke the camel's back. The spark that set the field ablaze. Until this release we overlooked any flaws in the game, ones that some of us considered major even if others of us considered them minor. But this release has ignited feelings that EA doesn't care about its fans, which is the reason we are writing today.

Whether EA does or does not care about its fans, the bigger issue is perception, and the image that EA presents is that they don't care. Every year, we as a community submit one or more wishlists, often with the same wishes from year to year. A lack of implementation of the wishes sows seeds of belief that EA isn't paying attention. When EA releases a game in which the CPU won't even use its bench, and overrides user substitutions, it sows seeds that EA doesn't care and just wanted to cash in. When major online media do not recieve review copies, it leads to the belief that EA knew the product was defective but proceeded anyway. When community members contact EA and receive a response that seems to imply EA isn't too interested in fixing the problems, and telling us to wait until the next game, it does quite a bit of harm to our faith in the company.

While we'd love a patch to fix the major issues with the game, that is not the major focus of our letter, as we have a patch petition for that. Our focus is not simply on this release, but a sense that we also see in other EA-related communities whether it's the NFL gaming community or the people who play Battlefield 2.

At one time, EA was producing the best titles money could buy and one had little reason to look elsewhere. Now gamers have a sense that if you want the best, it's not EA. Whether it's looking at the NBA 2K series for our basketball game fix, users leaving Battlefield 2 because they feel the problems will never be addressed, or former FIFA players moving onto Pro Evolution/Winning Eleven, it's a sense that we are all sharing. We look at NBA Live over the last few years and we see the same basic game being re-released with new fancy features. The same elemental problems from the last few years are still there, some have been tweaked but the overall issues still exist. While there are plenty of new features, it gives the impression that EA is saying in response to the lingering issues "yeah, well, HEY! Look at this!" Be it All-Star Weekend (a long time wish that EA has in fact fulfilled), superstar moves or dynasty additions. While those additions are nice to have, it is piling on a base that cannot support it. Instead of addressing the underlying fractures, EA is just constructing a new structure on the old crumbling foundation.

As alluded to earlier, it's not just the practice of EA's actions as much as the perception. EA is often criticized for rushing out products, going back on its word and ignoring fans. While EA may or may not be doing that, when one hears these things, it's easy to fit what the company is doing into that mold. It doesn't help when we look at other communities, where the game developers openly participate on the forums and seem to be actively involved in the community. While EA has made overtures to the NBA Live community over the years, whether it was hiring Tim, holding Community Summit/Days, participating in interviews or sharing screenshots and videos, it still seems like EA is distant and uninvolved in the community. Even if we have an inkling EA is reading the forums daily, the impression is still there that they aren't paying attention at all. Some of us are looking for little more than EA explaining why they did or didn't do something in the game, for acknowledgement of issues or ideas presented, for assistance in greater understanding of the game.

When we find major issues in the game and hear nothing from EA. When we take the steps to contact EA and get a response that seems to do more to harm our opinion than satisfy us. And when we're told we shouldn't share what EA has told us. It all serves to reinforce our negative perceptions. If this continues it seems inevitable that more and more players will eventually give up on NBA Live.

The question that we're increasingly asking ourselves becomes, while we're willing to put in the effort to improve the game, is EA?

Signed,
Ben Bailey (nbalive.org founder/webmaster, fmr. Patchmaker, fmr. NLSC Forum moderator, community member 1998-present)
David Wells (Community entrepreneur, Patchmaker, fmr. nbalive.org webmaster, community member 1996-present)
Andreas Dahl (NLSC Team Member, Patchmaker, NLSC Forum Moderator, community member 2002-present)
Matthew Damian (NLSC Features Editor, NLSC Forum Moderator, fmr. NLSC webmaster, community member 1998-present)
Tony Huml (fmr. Patchmaker, nbalive.org founder, community member 1999-present)
Steve Miller (fmr. Patchmaker, fmr. nbalive.org webmaster, fmr. NLSC Forum and nbalive.org forum moderator, community member 2001-2004)
Jae Hatton (NLSC Team Member, NLSC Forum Moderator, community member 1999-present)
Yohance Bailey (NLSC Team Member, NLSC Fourm Moderator, fmr. Patchmaker, community member 2000-present)
Nick Barnshaw (Community member 2001-present, fmr. Patchmaker, fmr. nbalive.org forum moderator)
Kevin Choi (Patchmaker, fmr. nbalive.org Patching Director, nbalive.org forum moderator, community member 2003-present)
Cameron Forbes (NLSC Team Member, NLSC Forum Moderator, community member 2003-present)
Donatello (NLSC Team Member, NLSC Forum Moderator, community member 2004-present)
Alexboom (Patchmaker, community member 2003-present)
Joseph Papio (Community member 2001-present)
Joachim Lapiak (Community member 2003-present)
Sagar Sengupta (Community member 2003-present)
Tuomas/Finnboy (NLSC Team Member, Patchmaker, community member 2003-present)

ADDENDUM: On the NLSC Forum (largest NBA Live Community Forum) there have been petitions started for a patch for the PC version (http://www.nbaliveforums.com/ftopic42262.php) and bringing the 2K series to the PC (http://www.nbaliveforums.com/ftopic41939.php)

Community members have also been compiling videos of some bugs some of which can be found on YouTube, here is a sample:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCif0ZGH8Nc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7rQaoNHu0A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBGEJUww9ck
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvnv4rCtm2Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS_N9jwmeA8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rTthKlwIAo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFqTNcVPktc
October 3, 2006

baseline bum
10-11-2006, 01:00 PM

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2006/271/reviews/933709_20060929_screen001.jpg

I think I'll pass on this one.

Mixability
10-11-2006, 01:08 PM
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2006/271/reviews/933709_20060929_screen001.jpg

I think I'll pass on this one.

I knew TMac had back problems, but transparency....

baseline bum
10-11-2006, 01:12 PM
This is supposed to be the worst iteration of NBA Live ever, and with clipping like that I can't disagree. Lots of games can get away with occasional clipping (even if it's that bad), but an NBA game isn't one of them.

baseline bum
10-11-2006, 01:15 PM
I've been a hardcore Live player since 91, but there's no way I could ever justify buying that game again with how bad it is. It's so bad that I'm very seriously considering buying a 360 specifically for one game, NBA 2k7.

Mixability
10-11-2006, 01:27 PM
hopefully EA doesn't buy out the NBA like they did with the NFL. NFL2K7 could've been amazing.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-11-2006, 01:37 PM
hopefully EA doesn't buy out the NBA like they did with the NFL. NFL2K7 could've been amazing.

NFL 2K12 will be the shit.

Mixability
10-11-2006, 01:45 PM
NFL 2K12 will be the shit.

oh well

theres no way their fake football game will sell like crazy even IF it has the best gameplay out there. too bad.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-11-2006, 01:50 PM
oh well

theres no way their fake football game will sell like crazy even IF it has the best gameplay out there. too bad.

2K Sports isn't putting out a game, are they?

And isn't EA's license for five years?

Mixability
10-11-2006, 01:52 PM
2K Sports isn't putting out a game, are they?

And isn't EA's license for five years?

2k is putting out a football game, no license, no real teams, no real players.....

but the possibility for a patch is out there to upload real rosters.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-11-2006, 01:53 PM
2k is putting out a football game, no license, no real teams, no real players.....

Got any info on it, because I would serious consider buying their game to support that company.

Mixability
10-11-2006, 02:14 PM
Got any info on it, because I would serious consider buying their game to support that company.

I saw the article on IGN.com sometime back, but I not having any luck. I'll keep trying.

j-6
10-11-2006, 02:22 PM

I'd certainly buy it, especially if they make it where you can customize damn near anything you want ( i.e. the league, teams, players).

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-11-2006, 02:26 PM
I'd certainly buy it, especially if they make it where you can customize damn near anything you want ( i.e. the league, teams, players).

I'd design my helmet with Cheetos Puffs on it and hire the girl in your sig as PR Director.

j-6
10-11-2006, 02:41 PM
She's currently the spokemodel for the Flying Bukkake Brothers in the Spurstalk fantasy league.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-11-2006, 02:48 PM
She's currently the spokemodel for the Flying Bukkake Brothers in the Spurstalk fantasy league.

I didn't realize that was you in that league. I tried to steal that name for another league, but was promptly shot down, albeit laughingly.

danyel
10-11-2006, 05:18 PM
NBA Live 07 seriously suck, its almost no fun playing at all. AI is just terrible, will throw full court passes at inbound plays and plays terrible transition defense.

I really dont care how realistic it looks, how perfect the sound is, I dont even care if they got the names or ratings right, but playability is a big issue, its just no fun.

I just hope Konami does a PC Basketball Game like they did with Pro Evolution Soccer. It makes the FIFA series look dumb.