PDA

View Full Version : Right-Wing Radio Sends CCC Profits Plummeting 60%

Nbadan
10-29-2004, 05:08 PM
SAN ANTONIO - Clear Channel Communications Inc.'s third-quarter profit fell nearly 60 percent from the same period in 2003, which had been inflated by the nation's largest radio station operator's sale of its stake in a Spanish-language broadcasting network.

Clear Channel said Friday that it earned $261.2 million, or 44 cents per share, in the three months ended Sept. 30, down from $636 million, or $1.03 a share, in the year-ago period.

Thomson First Call said the consensus of industry analysts it surveyed was for earnings of 43 cents per share for the most recent quarter.

Clear Channel's year-ago results reflected gains on its sale of its stake in Univision Communications Inc. Without the one-time gains, Clear Channel's third-quarter profit in 2003 would have been $237 million, or 38 cents per share.

Yahoo (http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20041029/ap_on_bi_ge/earns_clear_channel_4)

When will these yahoo's learn that people want equal, balanced viewpoints?

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-29-2004, 05:23 PM
What does that have to do with being right wing? You're a fucking idiot.

It's called business being down, ad sales being down, and not having the benefit of that Spanish radio network sale to boost things.

Did this come in today's Democratic talking points email?

Nbadan
10-29-2004, 05:29 PM
Nahh, I just think that its bullshit that from sun-up to sun-down its Right-wing radio on the local CCC affiliate, and it's not all just about profits. As this forum proves, people like opposing view-points and not just a bunch of bobble-heads.

NeoConIV
10-29-2004, 05:30 PM
Is Air America still around?

CC will be just fine. No worries.

Hook Dem
10-29-2004, 05:33 PM
Nahh, I just think that its bullshit that from sun-up to sun-down its Right-wing radio on the local CCC affiliate, and it's not all just about profits. As this forum proves, people like opposing view-points and not just a bunch of bobble-heads.
You're a sick fuck Dan! :lol

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-29-2004, 05:51 PM
I just think that its bullshit that from sun-up to sun-down its Right-wing radio on the local CCC affiliate

Now you know how we feel when we turn on CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS, MSNBC, or pick up the NY Times.

NeoConIV
10-29-2004, 05:55 PM
Now you know how we feel when we turn on CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS, MSNBC, or pick up the NY Times.

Or when you scan heavily biased AP headlines on yahoo, MSN, and everyother major website that links to AP and Reuters.

exstatic
10-29-2004, 06:53 PM
Clear channel has many more problems than a right wing ideology. They're fucking firing local talent left and right and replacing them with sterile, generic syndicated crap. XM will put these clowns out of business before too long. If I want something on the national level, it had better be entertaining and non-FCC overseen.

Nbadan
10-29-2004, 07:03 PM
So true, Ex. Satellite radio will play a bigger part in future elections, but until that technology grows in use we are left with nothing but right-wing spin on the local A.m. dials.

Nbadan
10-29-2004, 07:04 PM
Thank God the Spurs season is starting soon and they will start pre-empting that loud mouthed bastard Sean Insannity.

T Park
10-30-2004, 12:01 AM
Yeah, I see that Air America affiliate in San Antonio is blasting through loud and clear.

BTW,

When will Jeannene Garaffalo apologize for the "House Negro" Comment about Larry Elder Dan??

QUESTION!

Marcus Bryant
10-30-2004, 12:10 AM
Fucking read nutjobs:

Clear Channel Communications Inc.'s third-quarter profit fell nearly 60 percent from the same period in 2003, which had been inflated by the nation's largest radio station operator's sale of its stake in a Spanish-language broadcasting network.

Nbadan
10-30-2004, 02:05 AM
Gez, their profits are so low their having to sell off assets!

:lol

Seriously though, when are we gonna stop playing the ratings game excuse and bring some real prospective to the SA A.M. radio dials, and I'm not talking that Jesse Jackson show that appeals to no-one. I want Lionel on weekdays instead of only on Saturday afternoons were he gets regularly pre-empted by every Texas and Texas AM game.