PDA

View Full Version : Anyone played Scarface, the game?

baseline bum
10-11-2006, 09:12 PM
IGN gave it 8.7 stars out of 10, but I don't trust them. A lot of these gaming websites have their hands in the producers pockets.

Is it just Vice City all over again, with worse graphics and more fuck bombs? Or is it actually something worth picking up?

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-11-2006, 09:15 PM
I've been meaning to move it over to my Xbox. I think I'll do that now and let you know.

Marklar MM
10-11-2006, 09:16 PM
You wanna fuck with me? Okay. You wanna play rough? Okay. Say hello to my little friend!

baseline bum
10-11-2006, 09:31 PM
Crap. I've heard you can't just go in the middle of the street and start blasting people like in GTA, and that when you run from the police you die automatically if you don't beat a timer. These are two of the most fun things to do on GTA.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-11-2006, 09:33 PM
I just decided to burn it to a disc. I'll start it up once the game is over.

Marklar MM
10-11-2006, 09:34 PM
Crap. I've heard you can't just go in the middle of the street and start blasting people like in GTA, and that when you run from the police you die automatically if you don't beat a timer. These are two of the most fun things to do on GTA.

HAHA. Ya. In GTA1, I would steal a car, leave it in the street outside the weapon store, then when I got like a 8 car backup, I would firebomb them all. Get like 3-4 stars off it, hightail into the store, wait for cops, shoot them up, blow up some more cars. You get the point. Eventually you got the fun shit comin after you.

GrandeDavid
10-11-2006, 09:36 PM
I'm definitely buying it once it comes out in Brazil next week.

JoeChalupa
10-12-2006, 09:31 AM
Yeah, I like to create chaos in GTA and just see how long I can survive.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-13-2006, 09:25 AM
I haven't got that far in the game yet, but you can essentially free-reign and increase your heat level with the cops. I haven't done it enough to have a SWAT team of sorts, since you have the option of trying to talk your way out of the sticky business when the cop comes.

Right now, I'm trying to move gangs out of Little Havana to take over, so it's kind of free-mode in that sense.

Otherwise, this game really fucking rocks.

Oh, and something I didn't know up until yesterday. It's 720p.

DJREN37
10-13-2006, 09:32 AM
So you guys would say its worth the $50? I may go get it today, but want to get some good speakers first.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-13-2006, 09:41 AM
So you guys would say its worth the $50? I may go get it today, but want to get some good speakers first.

If you've got the money, it looks like it'd be a good buy, though I just always recommend renting first. Go buy it and rent it. Play the rented one until your time is up and if you like it, keep the purchased one (so you don't have to try to find one later) and if you don't, return them both.

DJREN37
10-13-2006, 09:45 AM
I will be buying PC version so I don't have the option of renting first. What the hell I'll buy it, i really doubt it will suck.