PDA

View Full Version : I guess it's just a matter of who's in favor...

Yonivore
10-12-2006, 04:52 PM
...of torture.

So, will you still vote for Hillary Clinton in 2008 if she holds this position?

Clinton Equivocates on Torture (http://blogs.nydailynews.com/dailypolitics/archives/2006/10/clinton_on_tort.php)

She was asked about the "ticking time bomb" scenario, in which you've captured the terrorist and don't have time for a normal interrogation, and said that there is a place for what she called "severity," in a conversation that included mentioning waterboarding, hypothermia, and other techniques commonly described as torture.

"I have said that those are very rare but if they occur there has to be some lawful authority for pursuing that," she responded. "Again, I think the President has to take responsibilty. There has to be some check and balance, some reporting. I don't mind if it’s reporting in a top secret context. But that shouldn’t be the tail that wags the dog, that should be the exception to the rule."

Asked again about these methods, she said:

"In those instances where we have sufficient basis to believe that there is something imminent, yeah, but then we’ve got to have a check and balance."

Nbadan
10-12-2006, 05:50 PM
I don't think there are any Hillary supporters in this forum, at least, none that will admit it. Still, detainee torture and abuse by the current administration is unchecked.

FromWayDowntown
10-12-2006, 05:56 PM
I don't care who's in favor of torture -- I'm fundamentally opposed to it.

If any politician favors torture, I'll disagree with him or her on that point. I don't have a party affiliation, but even if I did, I wouldn't ever allow that to sway my fundamental beliefs.

Drachen
10-12-2006, 06:59 PM
I don't think there are any Hillary supporters in this forum, at least, none that will admit it. Still, detainee torture and abuse by the current administration is unchecked.

What are you talking about we need to get the pimp-administration back in office, unfortunately with term limits this is the only way to do it. Hillary 2008!