PDA

View Full Version : Sorry to be pessimistic but

Brutalis
10-12-2006, 09:57 PM
I have a bad feeling about our upcoming season. On paper our additions do not make us any better. I said in the other thread we will start 11-5 but that's me being nice.

I think Pop and as usual our team is smart... keep doing what works. But the rest of the NBA has got better. Almost every team has made better improvements than us and we had a tough time as it was closing out games to begin with.

Tip-off is a month away and I am not excited as I used to be. I just don't see how we're better if not the same or worse and to hear Manu is beat up bums me out more.

BUMP
10-12-2006, 10:03 PM
an intelligent post??? i must be seeing things

mavsfan1000
10-12-2006, 10:04 PM
There is still room to jump off the bandwagon. lol

Viva Las Espuelas
10-12-2006, 10:11 PM
There is still room to jump off the bandwagon. lol
spoken from bandwagon central.

Obstructed_View
10-12-2006, 10:20 PM
I have a bad feeling about our upcoming season. On paper our additions do not make us any better. I said in the other thread we will start 11-5 but that's me being nice.

I think Pop and as usual our team is smart... keep doing what works. But the rest of the NBA has got better. Almost every team has made better improvements than us and we had a tough time as it was closing out games to begin with.

Tip-off is a month away and I am not excited as I used to be. I just don't see how we're better if not the same or worse and to hear Manu is beat up bums me out more.
This has changed how from July when you dubbed this the worst offseason ever? :)

Big P
10-12-2006, 10:24 PM
And so it begins...

Obstructed_View
10-12-2006, 10:31 PM
And so it begins...
You mean it stopped at some point?? :lol

Amuseddaysleeper
10-12-2006, 10:35 PM
this is the first spurs season in a long long time where I'm not even expecting a championship

I just hope td, tp, and manu can stay healthy all year and that our centers pan out

Obstructed_View
10-12-2006, 10:46 PM
this is the first spurs season in a year where I'm not even expecting a championship
Fixed. ;)

ATX Spur
10-12-2006, 10:52 PM
:violin

NorCal510
10-12-2006, 10:58 PM
were gonna be bosses

Solid D
10-12-2006, 11:01 PM
Shake yourself Bruno. This is a good team and it's a team that will get better as the season progresses.

NorCal510
10-12-2006, 11:01 PM
solid d whatsup bro

Solid D
10-12-2006, 11:04 PM
Purging some papers and files I don't need and watching the Stars and Kings out of the corner of my eye.

phyzik
10-12-2006, 11:13 PM
see the title under my name..... that is all.

gospursgojas
10-12-2006, 11:41 PM
First off, I'm always excited for the Spurs' season to start regardless of whether or not they have a chance to win it all. Secondly, look for Fin to have a GREAT season, he's not going to be Kobe or even the ol' Michael Finley, but look for him to be the "X-Factor" that contributes more than any expected him too. I think losing to his old team will light a fire under him and with Manu's body falling apart :lol he may even be starting by season's end.

Amuseddaysleeper
10-13-2006, 12:01 AM
Fixed. ;)

:lol

SequSpur
10-13-2006, 12:03 AM
The Spurs are lottery bound.

SenorSpur
10-13-2006, 12:27 AM

Valid concerns.

Lack of productivity from the 5 spot
Lack of team rebounding (Duncan aside)
Limited shot-blocking (Duncan aside)
No suitable backup PG
Bowen having to log heavy minutes for yet another year; w/o an understudy
Sacrificing defense for small ball
Age, injuries, overall lack of depth

It's no secret the Spurs will rely heavily on the Big Three and their starters primarily. I'm not here to cast doom, but my voice of reason leads me to believe that the Spurs have simply not gotten better in any of these areas that plagued them last season.

ATX Spur
10-13-2006, 01:18 AM
I'm excited for the start of some great basketball! I feel for those of you whom I hope will find a way not to worry and enjoy it.

SilverPlayer
10-13-2006, 01:24 AM
I'm looking forward to one of the following two things happening this season. a championship. drafting Greg Oden. One of those two things will happen this season. I will be happy with either.

caŽlo
10-13-2006, 07:19 AM
think of this guys.

who ever thought miami would win it all?

Obstructed_View
10-13-2006, 02:11 PM
think of this guys.

who ever thought miami would win it all?
http://cache.deadspin.com/sports/woodyalpo.jpg
Which is to say, nobody in their right mind.

Kings241
10-13-2006, 02:21 PM
I'm suprised by some of you Spurs fans. The Spurs just had a near perfect last season and won 63 games. They still have the same core players plus added Elson and Butler who have huge potential.

FromWayDowntown
10-13-2006, 02:28 PM
I'm suprised by some of you Spurs fans. The Spurs just had a near perfect last season and won 63 games. They still have the same core players plus added Elson and Butler who have huge potential.

Your surprise seems to assume that all Spurs fans are reasonable. You might want re-think that assumption.

For the record, I'm with you.

z0sa
10-13-2006, 02:33 PM
same here...

nkdlunch
10-13-2006, 02:36 PM

Kingfan just owned the Spurs forum

not only that, but we were 1 nobitchski foul shot away from the championship. Yes I beleive WE would have somehow beat the Miami Sterns

Dirk Nowitzki
10-13-2006, 04:24 PM

:tu :tu That is exactly how you should feel. Glad your being realistic!

T Park
10-13-2006, 04:38 PM
Yes I beleive WE would have somehow beat the Miami Sterns

No question in my mind the Spurs would've won the championship last year had they gotten by Dallas.

But its all BS talk now.

Whats done is done.

Onto the next season.

Solid D
10-13-2006, 04:40 PM
:tu :tu That is exactly how you should feel. Glad your being realistic!

That post is like it's namesake's moves to the basket...a real flop. :downspin:

T Park
10-13-2006, 04:41 PM
That post is like it's namesake's moves to the basket...a real flop

Oh snap...

Dirk Nowitzki
10-13-2006, 04:47 PM
Oh snap...

That is what I said after Slomo called you out! :)

ATX Spur
10-13-2006, 08:25 PM

:tu

BERSERK
10-13-2006, 08:30 PM
Even if the Spurs have a terrible season, the upside to it is that the Spurs will have a chance to land Greg Oden. :wakeup

ATX Spur
10-13-2006, 08:36 PM
Even if the Spurs have a terrible season, the upside to it is that the Spurs will have a chance to land Greg Oden. :wakeup

:lol I hope that is sarcasm.

BERSERK
10-13-2006, 08:40 PM
:lol I hope that is sarcasm.

Just thinking about the future.... :depressed

ATX Spur
10-13-2006, 08:43 PM
Just thinking about the future.... :depressed

Always good to think about the future, but suffice it to say if the Spurs don't have a good season, it won't be a lottery pick scenario. If they bomb, the worst they do is a .500 season, which doesn't mean a high draft pick or playoffs.

BERSERK
10-13-2006, 08:48 PM
Always good to think about the future, but suffice it to say if the Spurs don't have a good season, it won't be a lottery pick scenario. If they bomb, the worst they do is a .500 season, which doesn't mean a high draft pick or playoffs.

Well with two second round draft picks and yet a more likely possible late 1st round draft pick, I would say the Spurs would have to think about investing in immediate young help to fortify the Spurs future franchise. Most sports analysts say that this upcoming draft is the deepest.

RogerIsEatingASandwich
10-13-2006, 10:08 PM
The unaddressed rebounding and shotblocking issues worry me. But I still think they can pull it off.

mavsfan1000
10-13-2006, 10:24 PM
As a mavs fan I also think the spurs have enough to win a championship. Parker is capable of improving more and if everyone else sustains their level from last year it is possible.

southtexasheat
10-14-2006, 02:18 AM
Are you spurs haters serious? If it werent for the refs or playing van exel the Spurs would have won their 4th championship last year. Now the refs will still be against the Spurs cause they have one of the lowest markets in the NBA and lakers and mavs have big enough markets to influence david stern, but van exel wont be in there to give away his usual 6 points. And as they will prove again its hard to take away two championships in a row away from the Spurs.

RC's Boss
10-14-2006, 08:57 AM
All you schitzos need to STOP