PDA

View Full Version : Josh Howard

bpl
10-14-2006, 04:56 PM
Next Year I Think He Would Be A Good Replacement For Bruce Bowen And He's Unhappy With Dallas With The Deal They Gave Him A 5 Year Deal 4 About 20 M

Kori Ellis
10-14-2006, 05:00 PM
Next Year I Think He Would Be A Good Replacement For Bruce Bowen And He's Unhappy With Dallas With The Deal They Gave Him A 5 Year Deal 4 About 20 M

I thought the offer they gave him was $20M less than Tayshaun. That would make their first offer 5 years/$28M.

I heard that it included incentives to make it up to $35M but that he's looking for more than that. I'm guessing they'll resolve it though.

Bruno
10-14-2006, 05:03 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51621

NuGGeTs-FaN
10-14-2006, 05:10 PM
OK now i can understand why some Spurs fans on here get annoyed at unrealistic threads that pop up every time a good player has a contract dispute or is a FA :lol

Dirk41MVP
10-14-2006, 05:39 PM
you wish you'd get him... ha. Even if he becomes a restricted FA and the spurs offer him anything, be sure Cubes won't let him go to the spurs, don't dream. He'd match that spurs offer before we even find out about it

ShoogarBear
10-14-2006, 05:54 PM
How is this Rasho related?

ATX Spur
10-14-2006, 06:01 PM
Give him half a brain and then I'm in.

SenorSpur
10-14-2006, 08:02 PM
Frankly, I'm still pissed at the Spurs for not drafting him in the first place - choosing instead to trade out of the round. Totally inexcusable.

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-14-2006, 09:52 PM
Let's just sign a role player for next year and then 08 when he's a UFA, then we sign him.

Spurs16212
10-14-2006, 11:01 PM
If the Spurs wanted Josh Howard they would have drafted him.... The Spurs passed on him....

Zunni
10-14-2006, 11:17 PM
Next year is out of the question. He'll be restricted and Cuban would match ANY offer SA threw at him. If, however, he were to accept Dallas' qualifying offer next year and play out his option, he'd be unrestricted in 2008. Same applies to Diaw in PHO.

Obstructed_View
10-14-2006, 11:20 PM
Next year is out of the question. He'll be restricted and Cuban would match ANY offer SA threw at him.
Offer him the max.

ducks
10-14-2006, 11:27 PM
If the Spurs wanted Josh Howard they would have drafted him.... The Spurs passed on him....
yes because they never traded sean elliot to trade for him again

Obstructed_View
10-14-2006, 11:31 PM
yes because they never traded sean elliot to trade for him again
That's why they didn't draft Josh Howard? Wow. Inside information...

TDMVPDPOY
10-15-2006, 01:03 AM
That's why they didn't draft Josh Howard? Wow. Inside information...

i think it was the WF scout that fuckd us up, and the other scout that was lookin at the bust in the makin tellin us to draft...whoever it was...

Zunni
10-15-2006, 09:15 AM
Offer him the max.
Well, we won't HAVE the MAX to offer him next year, and the Spurs are enough of a red cape to Cuban, that no matter what he's offering now, Cuban matches any offer from SA, even if it's to trade him later. The only shot the Spurs have is for him to be unrestricted and pissed off at Dallas foir their lowball offerings. That can only happen in '08.

Zunni
10-15-2006, 09:16 AM
i think it was the WF scout that fuckd us up, and the other scout that was lookin at the bust in the makin tellin us to draft...whoever it was...
They drafted...um, let's see...no one.

Spurs16212
10-15-2006, 10:51 AM
The Spurs passed up on Josh Howard by drafting Leandro Barbosa and trading him to Phoenix... I saw how Josh played at Wake Forest and he was a solid player. I was disappointed when the Spurs passed up on him.

nkdlunch
10-15-2006, 12:07 PM
howard is soft

shaggy17
10-15-2006, 12:39 PM
Man I hope we do land Howard. I could see it now, game 7 of NBA Finals Spurs up 1 with no timeouts left and Howard makes a huge steal with 2 seconds remaining and calls a timeout!! Who knows maybe after losing that game Howard kicks the shits out of the exercise better then Dirk did! :)

Texas_Ranger
10-15-2006, 01:24 PM
Lets get him.

Zunni
10-15-2006, 02:42 PM
The Spurs passed up on Josh Howard by drafting Leandro Barbosa and trading him to Phoenix... I saw how Josh played at Wake Forest and he was a solid player. I was disappointed when the Spurs passed up on him.
That's a techicality to skirt a rule that you can't trade your first round "pick" two years in a row, the Ted Stepien rule. You never want to compromise your ability to just trade your pick when you might need to, so you draft a pre-arranged player FOR someone, then trade the player. Had this rule not existed, the pick would have been directly traded, and the Spurs would have drafted no one. The Spurs also "drafted" John Salmons, and that HS kid that they traded to Dallas, Smith I think? Same scenario. None of those players were ever going to be Spurs.

GrandeDavid
10-15-2006, 03:10 PM
Okay, its DEFINITELY time for the season start. It can't get here soon enough for some fans.

AFBlue
10-16-2006, 10:21 AM

Gonna agree with Ducks on this one, though I'll try clarify a bit better. Just because the Spurs thought one thing about Howard before he was drafted doesn't mean they think of him the same way now...especially considering what he's done in his three years.

Are you saying that if the Spurs knew then what they know now, they would have traded away the pick and passed on Howard again? I don't think so.

Having said that, we'd never get him for the MLE and I'm not sure he'll be around in '08 when we should have enough money to do something about it. Chances are that we'll never see him in a Spurs uni, but if the Spurs got that chance I wouldn't be upset if they offered him $9-10 mil a year.

Dirk41MVP
10-16-2006, 03:38 PM

actually I disagree. They traded barbosa (duuuumb) and passed on jho, two solid players that would be helping their team right now no question.

Who do you rather have Jho or nobody ? mm... bullshit if you say nobody. They had the pick, all they had to do was select him, and didn't even though he could be helping them right now. They don't want help with their team ?, bullshit

but if the Spurs got that chance I wouldn't be upset if they offered him $9-10 mil a year.

Glad you "wouldn't be upset" cause that's most likely what he'll get in a MAVS uniform, not the ugly gray/black/white shit SA wears.

Maybe we'll sign Parker when his contract is up, and for the same price as SA would offer him... oh wait no thanks, he is a french fag.

ShoogarBear
10-16-2006, 03:42 PM
'moron alert'

Dirk41MVP
10-16-2006, 03:52 PM
are you my new fan or something ? you're quoting posts of other threads into this one... fag stalker.

Kori Ellis
10-16-2006, 03:54 PM
are you my new fan or something ? you're quoting posts of other threads into this one... fag stalker.

Stop with the "gay" and "fag" talk in every post. If you are homosexual, that's fine -- we don't mind. But stop talking about it.

ShoogarBear
10-16-2006, 03:57 PM
Who could have ever guessed the latest Village Idiot would be a Mav Fan?

I mean, what are the odds?

jman3000
10-16-2006, 03:58 PM
all this "we can get any free agent we want" talk... i thought that was reserved for laker fans...

Obstructed_View
10-16-2006, 05:43 PM
actually I disagree. They traded barbosa (duuuumb) and passed on jho, two solid players that would be helping their team right now no question.

Who do you rather have Jho or nobody ? mm... bullshit if you say nobody. They had the pick, all they had to do was select him, and didn't even though he could be helping them right now. They don't want help with their team ?, bullshit
The Spurs traded out of the first round, and as a result, didn't have to pay a guaranteed contract to a pick. They were able to re-sign Ginobili less than a month later, and re-signed Parker in November. Both of them "helped" the team when they won the title the next year.

Not losing either of them is worth not having Barbosa or Mr. Time Out IMHO.

AFBlue
10-18-2006, 09:23 AM
The Spurs traded out of the first round, and as a result, didn't have to pay a guaranteed contract to a pick. They were able to re-sign Ginobili less than a month later, and re-signed Parker in November. Both of them "helped" the team when they won the title the next year.

If the Spurs had used their late first round pick, I doubt it would have had any affect on their considerations for signing 2 of the big 3. After all, the starting salary would be less than a million bucks.

The bottom line is that they chose to save money because they didn't like either Howard or Barbosa for that gauranteed amount.

All I'm saying is that if they knew then what they know now, they'd have drafted Howard in an instant. He would have had no effect on the decisions to re-sign Parker and Ginobili position-wise, and we would've had the long-term 3/defensive replacement for Bowen in the line up. That's a dream scenario that never took place, and because everyone else now realizes how good this kid is, it probably never will.

orhe
10-18-2006, 09:36 AM
hmm josh howard is overrated... the guy scores because dirk attracts so much attention and creates match up problems... i like prince better

LEONARD
10-18-2006, 09:43 AM
LOL...JHo isn't going anywhere... :fro

FromWayDowntown
10-18-2006, 09:57 AM
If the Spurs had used their late first round pick, I doubt it would have had any affect on their considerations for signing 2 of the big 3. After all, the starting salary would be less than a million bucks.

You say that, but IIRC, the front office nearly balked at paying Parker $2 million more over the life of his 6 year deal -- the Spurs offered 6 years/$64 million; Parker requested 6 years/$66 million. Until some pressure was brought to bear on the pursestrings, that $333,000/year difference was too much.

And given how unwilling the Spurs have been over the last few years to stray much from the luxury tax threshold, I'd say it's almost a certainty that having Howard or Barbosa hanging around on a rookie deal might have cost the Spurs Ginobili or Parker. Neither of those would be good trades -- I wouldn't trade Parker for Barbosa and I wouldn't trade Ginobili for Howard.

ShoogarBear
10-18-2006, 10:40 AM
Neither of those would be good trades -- I wouldn't trade Parker for Barbosa and I wouldn't trade Ginobili for Howard.I'm nost sure there's all that much difference between Barbosa and Parker in talent or game impact.

Parker is a better penetrator and more durable and mature (the latter probably has to do with the better coaching)

But Barbosa is a better shooter.

There might not be such a noticable difference for the Spurs if Barbosa could be counted on for 38 minutes a night.

FromWayDowntown
10-18-2006, 10:51 AM
I'm nost sure there's all that much difference between Barbosa and Parker in talent or game impact.

Parker is a better penetrator and more durable and mature (the latter probably has to do with the better coaching)

But Barbosa is a better shooter.

There might not be such a noticable difference for the Spurs if Barbosa could be counted on for 38 minutes a night.

I understand what you're saying, Shoog. I still wouldn't trade Parker for Barbosa straight up.

ShoogarBear
10-18-2006, 10:52 AM
Oh, yeah, I agree. Just noting that they probably have similar impacts.

AFBlue
10-18-2006, 11:03 AM
You say that, but IIRC, the front office nearly balked at paying Parker $2 million more over the life of his 6 year deal -- the Spurs offered 6 years/$64 million; Parker requested 6 years/$66 million. Until some pressure was brought to bear on the pursestrings, that $333,000/year difference was too much.

And given how unwilling the Spurs have been over the last few years to stray much from the luxury tax threshold, I'd say it's almost a certainty that having Howard or Barbosa hanging around on a rookie deal might have cost the Spurs Ginobili or Parker. Neither of those would be good trades -- I wouldn't trade Parker for Barbosa and I wouldn't trade Ginobili for Howard.

I could deal in hypotheticals all day....

If, and I think it's a big "if", you're right and the Spurs would have declined to pay TP or Manu, surely the Front Office is good enough that it would not have lost them without compensation. Let's say it was Tony...

Parker traded to team x for a lottery draft pick...Spurs draft Chris Paul. Then you go from being the "international" team to the "wake forest" squad.

AFBlue
10-18-2006, 11:21 AM

BTW, I just looked this one up. It should be clarified that Parker's extension wasn't signed until well over a year later, Nov 2004. Don't know if that has much bearing on the decision to pass on Howard or Barbosa, but it's FYI.

Obstructed_View
10-18-2006, 01:51 PM
BTW, I just looked this one up. It should be clarified that Parker's extension wasn't signed until well over a year later, Nov 2004. Don't know if that has much bearing on the decision to pass on Howard or Barbosa, but it's FYI.
Then I'm completely wrong, because Manu was signed in '04 as well. So that would have been a few months after drafting Beno. My bad.

Obstructed_View
10-18-2006, 02:07 PM
So what that basically means is the Spurs passed on Howard and Barbosa so they could draft Beno. How's that feel, Spurs fans?

FromWayDowntown
10-18-2006, 02:15 PM
The pick that became Barbosa was sent out in the summer of 2003 for the purpose of clearing every bit of cap room possible to make runs at Kidd and the other free agents of that summer.

The pick that the Spurs acquired for the pick that became Barbosa was turned around to New York in the Rose-Mohammed deal.

So, in a sense, passing on Barbosa or Howard netted the Spurs Rasho Nesterovic and Nazr Mohammed . . . . er, Matt Bonner, Eric Williams, and a 2nd round pick, plus significant cap space going forward. Or something like that.

AFBlue
10-18-2006, 03:34 PM
The pick that became Barbosa was sent out in the summer of 2003 for the purpose of clearing every bit of cap room possible to make runs at Kidd and the other free agents of that summer.

The pick that the Spurs acquired for the pick that became Barbosa was turned around to New York in the Rose-Mohammed deal.

So, in a sense, passing on Barbosa or Howard netted the Spurs Rasho Nesterovic and Nazr Mohammed . . . . er, Matt Bonner, Eric Williams, and a 2nd round pick, plus significant cap space going forward. Or something like that.

:wtf ...take it easy bud, that was four seasons of "Lost" in one post. I'm totally turned bass ackwards.

Nah man, I get what you're saying. In the end, it is what it is...we don't have Josh Howard, probably never will, but we won one championship without him and my guess is that if we keep making smart personnel decisions we'll be in the hunt for a while.

Would've been nice though...

Oh well, maybe we can go out and snag a guy who is so dejected in his current position and who's stock couldn't be any lower right now...Michael Pietrus. I bet we could trade Barry for Pietrus and a scrap if he keeps putting up numbers like he has in the pre-season.

ducks
10-18-2006, 03:42 PM
LOL...JHo isn't going anywhere... :fro
just like nash was not :spin

SenorSpur
10-18-2006, 03:44 PM
Howard's emergence shouldn't be a surprise. He is doing the same things in the pros that he did in college - only he's doing it better.

As we saw from the recent playoff series, the Spurs had NO ONE to matchup with him. When they moved Bowen over to guard Howard, Dirk goes wild and vice versa.

The bottom line is the Spurs passed on a player that could have helped them tremendously for many years to come. Had they taken him, we wouldn't be having this often-discussed topic of who will eventually replace Bowen.

It worries me that the Spurs do not seem to place the same premium on domestic talent as they do on international talent. Players of Howard's caliber do not often "fall into your lap" at the end of the first round. The fact that the Spurs passed on him was flat-out stupid. Now to see him flourishing in a Mavs uniform only adds "insult to injury". For an organization that is as shrewd and smart as the Spurs are, they "screwed the pooch" on this guy.

AFBlue
10-18-2006, 03:52 PM
Howard's emergence shouldn't be a surprise. He is doing the same things in the pros that he did in college - only he's doing it better.

As we saw from the recent playoff series, the Spurs had NO ONE to matchup with him. When they moved Bowen over to guard Howard, Dirk goes wild and vice versa.

The bottom line is the Spurs passed on a player that could have helped them tremendously for many years to come. Had they taken him, we wouldn't be having this often-discussed topic of who will eventually replace Bowen.

It worries me that the Spurs do not seem to place the same premium on domestic talent as they do on international talent. Players of Howard's caliber do not often "fall into your lap" at the end of the first round. The fact that the Spurs passed on him was flat-out stupid. Now to see him flourishing in a Mavs uniform only adds "insult to injury". For an organization that is as shrewd and smart as the Spurs are, they "screwed the pooch" on this guy.

Yeah, what he said! :clap

Dirk41MVP
10-18-2006, 03:58 PM

The bottom line is that they chose to save money because they didn't like either Howard or Barbosa for that gauranteed amount.

All I'm saying is that if they knew then what they know now, they'd have drafted Howard in an instant. He would have had no effect on the decisions to re-sign Parker and Ginobili position-wise, and we would've had the long-term 3/defensive replacement for Bowen in the line up. That's a dream scenario that never took place, and because everyone else now realizes how good this kid is, it probably never will.

finally somebody that knows what he's talking about. Jho and/or barbosa would have costed the spurs less than 1 mill a year. That wouldn't have affected their chances of signing another player they wanted to extend. They didn't do their scouting h.w., and passed up on bright talent on arguably one of the deepest drafts in some years... you really think the spurs or any team for that matter would object to having jho or barbosa for less than 1 mill a year ?, don't be stupid. You don't pass up potential all-star talent for less than 1 mill a year for a couple of years. Jho is just as good if not better than ginobili and is younger than him...

just like nash was not

There's a difference, Nash was 30+ yrs. old and unrestricted, jho is 26 and restricted. And we never got anywhere with nash in dallas, this team just came off of a finals run, improving the chances of keeping the core together. Those 2 situations are completely different...

hmm josh howard is overrated... the guy scores because dirk attracts so much attention and creates match up problems.

GUESS HOW GINOBILI, PARKER, FINLEY, AND THE REST OF YOUR STUPID TEAM SCORES ALSO ?, EVERY WONDER HOW ?.. MMM... moron

EDIT: There's seems to be few smart people in this board, those two guys above me know what they're talking about, y'all should listen to them

SenorSpur
10-18-2006, 05:23 PM
Just heard the local beat writer for the FW Star-Telegram on local Dallas Sportstalk radio. He claims there is about a 3-1 chance that Josh DOES NOT get his extension this year. The Mavs are content to allow him to play out this year and work a deal next summer.

Reportedly, J-Ho was "insulted" that the Mavs last offer was about $20 million less than that received by Tayshun Prince - which is the baromoter that Josh and his agent are using.

If this does happen, there is likely to be of no consequence because Howard is a RFA at the end of the year. The Mavs will likely match any offer he gets. Of course, there is a risk that some team will throw the bank at him.

Kermit
10-18-2006, 05:53 PM
josh howard is a maverick, at least until they "finley" him. you know, stab him in the back.

Dirk41MVP
10-18-2006, 06:02 PM
josh howard is a maverick, at least until they "finley" him. you know, stab him in the back.

You call paying a guy 50 million dollars to play basketball for the competitor stabbing in the back ??, damn I guess I wouldn't mind getting stabbed in the back...

About the jho thing, yeah I would be insulted as well if I was him, he is not worth max money, but also isn't worth the money he was offered... that's pretty old news though. I still don't see Cuban letting him go though, he might have to pay a slight higher price for him, but i really don't see him leaving Dallas, SPECIALLY not for SA.

Zunni
10-18-2006, 06:41 PM
Who could have ever guessed the latest Village Idiot would be a Mav Fan?

I mean, what are the odds?
They approach 100%.

Obstructed_View
10-18-2006, 08:45 PM
Josh Howard sucks. He's a timeout calling moron with braces.

ATX Spur
10-18-2006, 09:42 PM

Haha I'm pretty lukewarm about Josh Howard, but that's just mean and funny. :lol

ducks
10-18-2006, 11:00 PM
steve nash was a fa
but he ran the offer that he received by mr mark cuban before he signed
had cuban matched he would have stayed

LEONARD
10-19-2006, 10:21 AM
Howard isn't going anywhere...

http://sturminator.blogspot.com/
(Bob is an on-air guy with The Ticket in Dallas)

"Howard Update
Not that I claim to be a guy who breaks stories, but in talking with someone with intimate knowledge of the Josh Howard v. Mavericks situation, I am now much more confident that something will get done before Halloween. It appears that the Mavericks realize how important it is to Josh (given all of his public comments) and they surely realize how important he is to them. Therefore, with only so much wiggle room to discuss anyway, I fully expect this extension in a 5 year/$40 million range will be going down before opening night. I feel much better now."

LMAO!! There's not a Spurs fan out there that wouldn't have him on their team... :fro

Obstructed_View
10-19-2006, 11:21 AM
Do you really need to crosspost? The NBA forum isn't that far away.

LEONARD
10-19-2006, 01:17 PM

LMAO...the crossposting police :blah

Just posting the info here to keep some Spurs fan's pants from going too crazy over the idea of having JHo on their team... :fro

ShoogarBear
10-19-2006, 02:11 PM
JHo's coming to the Spurs?

:elephant :elephant :elephant

Dirk41MVP
10-19-2006, 02:38 PM

Better to be that than a flopping, foul/TO-with-few-seconds-left-on-the-clock moron like ginobili is. Except floppobili is older and supposevely "smarter" and has a "better basketball IQ"... and he sucks so bad, how come you didn't have an answer for him in the PO's ? mm... interesting

FromWayDowntown
10-19-2006, 02:48 PM
Better to be that than a flopping, foul/TO-with-few-seconds-left-on-the-clock moron like ginobili is. Except floppobili is older and supposevely "smarter" and has a "better basketball IQ"... and he sucks so bad, how come you didn't have an answer for him in the PO's ? mm... interesting

Shouldn't this be in the "Didn't Get it Done in the Finals" forum?

P.S. -- props to JHo for that time that he was the widely-held favorite to be MVP of the NBA Finals, when he helped to carry his team to a title.

"Morons like Ginobili" don't do meaningful stuff like that.

LEONARD
10-19-2006, 03:04 PM
JHo just signed a 4 yr extension...no $$$ yet...

phxspurfan
10-19-2006, 03:19 PM
just 12 more days of this offseason bs before the real games start!

Kori Ellis
10-19-2006, 03:20 PM
JHo just signed a 4 yr extension...no $$$ yet...

Over $40M.

ChumpDumper
10-19-2006, 03:25 PM
That's alot of scratch.

ducks
10-19-2006, 03:32 PM
Updated: Oct. 19, 2006, 4:12 PM ET
Sources: Mavs, Howard agree on four-year extensionBy Marc Stein
ESPN.com

The Dallas Mavericks and Josh Howard on Thursday reached agreement on a four-year contract extension believed to be worth in excess of $40 million, team sources told ESPN.com.

Howard

The Mavericks and Howard were facing an Oct. 31 deadline to agree on an extension and prevent Howard from becoming a restricted free agent in July.

The new contract won't kick in until next season, with Howard scheduled to earn $1.7 million in the final year of his rookie contract.

Howard, who was eligible for a five-year extension, admitted in recent days he was "disappointed" with the slow pace of negotiations but also told ESPN.com earlier this month that he hadn't abandoned hope of securing a new deal before the Halloween buzzer.

"You never know," Howard said with a smile on Oct. 7.

It's believed the Mavericks, sensing the issue might linger with Howard all season, increased their offer in recent days to make it clear to the swingman how much they value him.

Howard has been Dallas' best player in training camp, showing little outward sign of being distracted by his contractual situation, but the absence of an extension before the regular season could easily have been perceived as another slight for a player who slipped to No. 29 in the 2003 draft.

Reaching terms with Howard means Mavericks owner Mark Cuban will have awarded new contracts to four of the biggest names in the organization since the Mavericks made their first trip to the NBA Finals in June: Dirk Nowitzki, Jason Terry, coach Avery Johnson and Howard.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2632299

ducks
10-19-2006, 03:37 PM
I take prince over howard anyday of the week

ducks
10-19-2006, 03:38 PM
That's alot of scratch.
scratch for what :spin

FromWayDowntown
10-19-2006, 04:14 PM
I take prince over howard anyday of the week

I think it depends on what you want out of a guy who plays out on the wing. Prince is such a steady guy and is fantastic on the defensive end without being supremely-explosive offensively. Howard is more erratic and not as good defensively, but is far more explosive on the offensive end, I think.

I don't think anyone would be too upset with having either one of them, really.

I'm curious how that signing will impact the Mavs going forward. Cuban had started into something of an austerity program by trying to rein in his spending a bit. They've given Dirk big money, dumped a bunch of money on Terry, and now signed JHo up at $10 million per. Maybe Cuban went backwards a bit assuming that this day was coming, but I still wonder if there are concerns with spending up there and whether those concerns will have any impact on the composition of the Mavs roster.

LEONARD
10-19-2006, 04:41 PM
Cubes doesn't care about the money... :greedy :fro

Go Cubes Go!
Go Cubes Go!
Go Cubes Go!
Go Cubes Go!

:downspin:

LEONARD
10-19-2006, 04:42 PM

LOL...Kori and ducks just did the same thing...make sure you get onto them :blah :nope

:donkey

Dirk41MVP
10-19-2006, 05:03 PM
"Morons like Ginobili" don't do meaningful stuff like that.

Yeah, you're right. I guess that And-1 with dirk that pretty much ended their season wasn't meaningful...

So who's next on your shopping list ? VC ? or you're gonna try to make a push for KG ? :lol

Kermit
10-19-2006, 05:07 PM
yes, because josh howard is in the class as those two. :smokin

Dirk41MVP
10-19-2006, 05:10 PM
no, but people in this board seem to think they can pry away other teams's best players/core for the MLE... pretty ridiculous

FromWayDowntown
10-19-2006, 05:13 PM
Yeah, you're right. I guess that And-1 with dirk that pretty much ended their season wasn't meaningful...

Dude has hung banners that matter. He's earned a pass. It was a stupid decision, but he's made a positive difference when it's mattered, too. If it hadn't been for his stellar play before that instant, he wouldn't have had that decision to make.

He's played a huge role in winning the whole thing twice and will likely do it again. That's enough for me.

Kermit
10-19-2006, 05:14 PM
yes, it is. hopefully it was done in jest.

Obstructed_View
10-19-2006, 06:23 PM
*gasp* Manu played the D word? I can see why that would be bad coming from an allas fan. He also didn't call a time out to cost his team the game once, let alone twice. Again, enjoy your fluke. You have another week to enjoy it.