PDA

View Full Version : Another rule aimed at Tim

ShoogarBear
10-15-2006, 12:18 PM
:lol (Tony, too.)

Where you will notice a change is in the NBA's version of the Tuck Rule. Players now must have their shirts tucked in or they are liable to be called for a delay of game violation and, if it happens again, a technical foul. The Pacers' David Harrisonwas called for a delay-of-game violation for a non-tucked-in jersey in an exhibition.

Also verboten is a player stripping his warmups on the sideline as he enters the game.http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2006/10/15/greener_pastures_in_indiana/?page=2

I'm not sure I understand what they mean by the second rule.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-15-2006, 12:19 PM
Maybe they want them to have them off by the time they check in instead of ripping them off along the sideline?

polandprzem
10-15-2006, 12:23 PM
Soon the nba players will play in suits and ties

:rolleyes

MaNuMaNiAc
10-15-2006, 12:32 PM
yeah, some of these rules are ridiculous

NorCal510
10-15-2006, 12:43 PM
yeah, some of these rules are ridiculous

boutons_
10-15-2006, 12:50 PM
Jersey tails out is hip-hop/urban/baggy/prison/gangsta/rappa/Rucker-park style, not the style/image the NBA wants to promote to $white people.

( To be fair, it's also Mexican wedding shirt / Guayabera style! :lol )

Totally apart from style, a jersey tail out is much more of a danger for snagging fingers or hands.

Jerseys out makes about as much as practical game sense as playing with half-inch-long finger nails.

Rebelling against trivial, sensible rules like "jerseys tucked" is puerile, which is the arrested emotional stage many NBA players are stuck in.

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-15-2006, 12:50 PM
The NBA FO is gay.

MaNuMaNiAc
10-15-2006, 12:52 PM
Jersey tails out is hip-hop/urban/baggy/prison/gangsta/rappa/Rucker-park style, not the style/image the NBA wants to promote to $white people.

( To be fair, it's also Mexican wedding shirt / Guayabera style! :lol )

Totally apart from style, a jersey tail out is much more of a danger for snagging fingers or hands.

Jerseys out makes about as much as practical game sense as playing with half-inch-long finger nails.

Rebelling against trivial, sensible rules like "jerseys tucked" is puerile, which is the arrested emotional stage many NBA players are stuck in.I was actually talking about the second rule mentioned

Kori Ellis
10-15-2006, 01:01 PM
Maybe they want them to have them off by the time they check in instead of ripping them off along the sideline?

Yes, I think that's what they mean by the second rule.

themvp
10-15-2006, 01:20 PM
David Stern is great.

Texas_Ranger
10-15-2006, 01:23 PM
David Stern is great.

Yea right! :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Zunni
10-15-2006, 01:35 PM
Stern needs someone to pull the stick out of his ass.

Texas_Ranger
10-15-2006, 01:40 PM
^^ :lol :clap

George Gervin's Afro
10-15-2006, 02:04 PM

I hate the eagles. I really do.

veronicamae
10-15-2006, 04:33 PM
a rule is a rule. bitching about it being stupid solves nothing. why does anyone care that there is a rule that their warmups have to be off before they check in? yeah, that's really having a negative impact on the game.

sanman53
10-15-2006, 05:46 PM
You have to admit, these dress code rules are def helping the image of the NBA. I bet when Stephen Jackson was arrested the other day, he was dressed well ;-)

Obstructed_View
10-15-2006, 06:57 PM
I don't know what's more ridiculous: People that have never had a real job and get paid millions of dollars bitching about a couple of rule changes, or the people that actually work for a living defending that behavior.

my2sons
10-15-2006, 09:53 PM
a rule is a rule. bitching about it being stupid solves nothing. why does anyone care that there is a rule that their warmups have to be off before they check in? yeah, that's really having a negative impact on the game.

obviously there are rule changes. If enough people bitch about a rule long enough it will be changed if it didn't get the desired result or causes more grief than originally intended. Plus its a person's god given right to bitch about anything one wants. I am not sold on the rule changes, the ball change and anything else david stern feels like flexing his muscle on to change. we'll see, once it starts affecting the star power he has so desperately fought for over the years than it will make a difference

dougp
10-16-2006, 08:37 AM
I don't know what's more ridiculous: People that have never had a real job and get paid millions of dollars bitching about a couple of rule changes, or the people that actually work for a living defending that behavior.
I don't get the PoV that some people have here either in regards to the issue ... are they overlooking the safety? I know I've caught my hand on someone's loose shirt before when playing b-ball.

Heaven forbid we set rules for games and then not make them pay for breaking it ...

bdictjames
10-16-2006, 10:38 AM
It doesn't change anything much I'm still fine with it

MrChug
10-16-2006, 11:33 AM

POST OF THE YEAR

jman3000
10-16-2006, 12:18 PM
For some reason whenever Dave's shirt would become untucked I always thought he played with more pep: dunks, rebounds... whatever. Maybe it was just visual perception... so... whatever.

Dirk41MVP
10-16-2006, 03:24 PM
I'm sure that rule was aimd 100000 % at Tim, since he is the oly guy in the nba that doesn't tuck his shirt... 'moron alert', damn you don't have a smiley .

ShoogarBear
10-16-2006, 03:28 PM
'moron alert'

Sometimes the response writes itself.