PDA

View Full Version : Anybody think Mavs@Spurs 27 Oct will be ...

boutons_
10-15-2006, 02:04 PM
... "just" the last pre-season game? http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

I wanna see a lot of Mavs' blood on the floor! :lol

At least it will be on ESPN.

Remember, neither team plays again until the following Thurs, Spurs@Mavs.

angel_luv
10-15-2006, 02:07 PM
:lol Beat a dead horse eh?

nkdlunch
10-15-2006, 03:14 PM
oh it will be pre-season allright. Pop will make sure of it and we'll lose.

Zunni
10-15-2006, 03:52 PM
It'll be a big bowl of nothing. Are you fucking kidding? Do you think EITHER of these coaches are going to show anything with a REAL game a few days away?

boutons_
10-15-2006, 04:09 PM
Pop usually plays the last pre-season game pretty much for real, doesn't he?

He already played the 2 French games to win.

There's nothing NOT to show. Both teams know the other team very well. Pop has said that many times. It comes down to execution, not to CIA/surprise tactics.

I really don't want to see the Spurs go to Dallas having gotten beat, or blown out, in the pre-season game.

ponky
10-15-2006, 05:56 PM
oh it will be pre-season allright. Pop will make sure of it and we'll lose.

not if we lose first and right now, we're doing a better job of accomplishing that goal than the spurs...we were down by more than 20 last night!

nkdlunch
10-15-2006, 06:00 PM
He already played the 2 French games to win.

thats what I found curious of games vs. European teams. all the teams were playing to win. not typical pre-season. I think that's a good thing

ponky
10-15-2006, 06:14 PM
thats what I found curious of games vs. European teams. all the teams were playing to win. not typical pre-season. I think that's a good thing

NBA probably made an issue of the starters playing, all about marketing. People went to the games to see players like Parker, not Barry. This is one of the reasons why I think Cuban f*cked up not allowing the Mavs to go play in Europe, so many teams have already integrated their new players with the starters. Plus, I would've bought one of those intl jerseys.

himat
10-15-2006, 06:22 PM
No. People thought that it would be more than a preseason game between the Heat and Pistons, but both teams starters played very little except for Nazr.

iceman44
10-15-2006, 08:27 PM
Preseason, most of the starters will be on the bench.

Dirk41MVP
10-16-2006, 03:42 PM
That game is worth shit, the Nov. 2 is worth something, not preseason. Preseason NEVER means anything and never will.

Phenomanul
10-16-2006, 04:10 PM
That game is worth shit, the Nov. 2 is worth something, not preseason. Preseason NEVER means anything and never will.

Don't speak in absolutes.... if your superstar got hurt in a preseason game you'd quickly change your tune about the importance of preseason games.

Mr Dio
10-16-2006, 06:27 PM
Mavs blow.
I still can't get over how they got LAY WASTED vs the Heat.
At least I won the MIA wins the Series prop. :lol

Ever noticed how many Mavs fans think their opinion is the end all be all? :lol
They're so stupid it's funny. :lol

carib
10-16-2006, 08:33 PM
This will be a good game to run the new big men hard against them, to see how they match up. I wouldl keep them in the game for the most part, to play some solid minutes. Match up is the key, to see what happens if Tim is out in a real game, how they will match up and step up their games.

Louis2
10-16-2006, 09:21 PM
... "just" the last pre-season game? http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

I wanna see a lot of Mavs' blood on the floor! :lol

At least it will be on ESPN.

Remember, neither team plays again until the following Thurs, Spurs@Mavs.

Mavs will win, you couldn't even beat the Magic (at home)

Louis2
10-16-2006, 09:22 PM

preseason or not I think the Mavs beat the Spurs by double digits on October 27th

George Gervin's Afro
10-16-2006, 09:31 PM
preseason or not I think the Mavs beat the Spurs by double digits on October 27th

and if they do?

Trainwreck2100
10-17-2006, 12:46 AM

You don't lose to non-NBA teams, preseason or no. It's just a stain that will never come off.

Dirk41MVP
10-18-2006, 04:17 PM
Don't speak in absolutes.... if your superstar got hurt in a preseason game you'd quickly change your tune about the importance of preseason games.

Problem is, he's not playing preseason games for that same reason !!, preseason games don't mean a thing

Kori Ellis
10-18-2006, 04:18 PM
Problem is, he's not playing preseason games for that same reason !!, preseason games don't mean a thing

Is Dirk hurt at all? Is he banged up or just not playing?

Dirk41MVP
10-18-2006, 04:23 PM
Is Dirk hurt at all? Is he banged up or just don't playing?

just not playing, avery sidelined him, jet, stack,devin, and george.