PDA

View Full Version : Man of the Year

Jimcs50
10-16-2006, 09:59 AM
Anyone else see it? Saw it Saturday, and liked it. Robin Williams was not as funny as Lewis Black, who played Williams' writer in the movie was, but he was pretty good. Christopher Walken was great as usual as Williams' manager. I went to see it more because it was a Barry Levinson film more than anything. Compared to Wag the Dog, Levinson's astute political satire, it fell short. And of course it does not come close to Diner, one of the great films of the '80s.

But it is worth a look, IMO.

ORION
10-16-2006, 10:11 AM
I thought you were talking about me

boutons_
10-16-2006, 10:39 AM
Lewis Black's HBO comedy specials are hilarious.
"Red, White, and Screwed" is his latest one.

katyon6th
10-16-2006, 10:45 AM
You go to the movies a lot, you're a movie-goer, yep.

Jimcs50
10-16-2006, 10:53 AM
You go to the movies a lot, you're a movie-goer, yep.

I go about twice a month...so if that is a lot, then yes, I go a lot.

Good 'N Plenty
10-16-2006, 10:56 AM
I rarely go to the movie theatres anymore. I find watching a movie at home to be a much more pleasant experience as well as less costly. Having a kick ass home theatre system helps too.

Jimcs50
10-16-2006, 10:59 AM
I rarely go to the movie theatres anymore. I find watching a movie at home to be a much more pleasant experience as well as less costly. Having a kick ass home theatre system helps too.

My 12" black and white tv just does not cut it, so I have to go to the movies to see a movie in color. Plus it is hard to find any rentals in Beta max format nowadays.

10-16-2006, 11:04 AM
My 12" black and white tv just does not cut it, so I have to go to the movies to see a movie in color. Plus it is hard to find any rentals in Beta max format nowadays.

You should upgrade to Laser Disc.

Then you can see Jessica Rabbit flash her boobs.

Solid D
10-16-2006, 11:21 AM

:rolleyes Just so you will know, when you watch the Spurs games on your TV, the Spurs' opponents have different colors in their uniforms.

katyon6th
10-16-2006, 12:25 PM
I go about twice a month...so if that is a lot, then yes, I go a lot.

With all these new movie threads, seems like you've gone more. Twice a month, though? You suck.

Jimcs50
10-16-2006, 01:02 PM
With all these new movie threads, seems like you've gone more. Twice a month, though? You suck.

Just have seen 2 movies in last 6 wks.(Last one before that was Little Miss Sunshine on opening weekend) This one and Employee of the Month when my boy and I went together because my wife was in Nashville for the weekend.

I would go more often, but when football season is going on in HS, we are busy every weekend chaparoning on the buses or at the home games, so Fridays are pretty much taken up.

I actually love going to movies much more than watching at home. I get my Milk Duds and just kick back. I mean I have a big screen plama screen, but compared to the screens at the theaters, it sucks. :)

johnsmith
10-16-2006, 01:06 PM
Just have seen 2 movies in last 6 wks.(Last one before that was Little Miss Sunshine on opening weekend) This one and Employee of the Month when my boy and I went together because my wife was in Nashville for the weekend.

I would go more often, but when football season is going on in HS, we are busy every weekend chaparoning on the buses or at the home games, so Fridays are pretty much taken up.

I actually love going to movies much more than watching at home. I get my Milk Duds and just kick back. I mean I have a big screen plama screen, but compared to the screens at the theaters, it sucks. :)

I heard those new "plama" screens were expensive.

katyon6th
10-16-2006, 01:09 PM
Last one before that was Little Miss Sunshine on opening weekend

I loved everything about that movie.

Jimcs50
10-16-2006, 01:12 PM
I heard those new "plama" screens were expensive.

Yes, very, they are even better than the Plasma screen, but the cost is way too much. My 50 inch "plama" cost $145,000.00....but the picture is worth it....you can even see through clothing.

Jimcs50
10-16-2006, 01:13 PM
I loved everything about that movie.

Me too.

I even gave my assistants ten bucks each so they would go see it. They loved it too. That little girl was great.

ShoogarBear
10-16-2006, 02:53 PM

On the other hand, my 12" absolutely does cut it. :smokin

tlongII
10-16-2006, 02:59 PM
Me too.

I even gave my assistants ten bucks each so they would go see it. They loved it too. That little girl was great.

I hear you gave your assistants more than just 10 bucks each. :greedy

CuckingFunt
10-16-2006, 05:27 PM
On the other hand, my 12" absolutely does cut it. :smokin
:dramaquee

Well, helloooooooo Shoog!

xXx
10-16-2006, 07:05 PM
Angel goes every week. Whereas Joe Chalupa waits for the dvd.