PDA

View Full Version : tony prefers the new ball

fred33
10-16-2006, 04:04 PM
on his show in france he said he adore the new ball he shoot better the free throw with the new ball. he also said if at the end of his contract manu tim and pop are gone he'll quitt the spurs for a big market team like new york miami la chicago

Kori Ellis
10-16-2006, 04:09 PM
he also said if at the end of his contract manu tim and pop are gone he'll quitt the spurs for a big market team like new york miami la chicago

That was a pretty bad thing to say.

ShoogarBear
10-16-2006, 04:09 PM
:corn:

fred33
10-16-2006, 04:14 PM
he can't see play for the spurs without pop

polandprzem
10-16-2006, 04:14 PM
:corn:

Is he eating Pop?

alive?

:oink

Kori Ellis
10-16-2006, 04:15 PM
he can't see play for the spurs without pop

Well that makes more sense.

So he thinks Pop will leave when Timmy retires?

batman2883
10-16-2006, 04:18 PM
tony knows nothing about basketball he should stick to french bread

Solid D
10-16-2006, 04:18 PM
Tony is pretty blunt in his French interviews, as are the questions.

fred33
10-16-2006, 04:22 PM
he thinks at the the end of his contract he will stay only him of the big three. and it was very clear if the spurs are not competitive without manu tim and pop he(ll quitt the spurs . he also said he adore san antonio

nkdlunch
10-16-2006, 04:24 PM
my day is spoiled thinking about a Spurs team w/no Duncan

timvp
10-16-2006, 04:36 PM
Knowing the Spurs, they'll trade TP before he'd be able to "quit" them.

50 cent
10-16-2006, 04:47 PM
I really don't blame Tony. Would you want to stay in SA if Timmy, Pop and Manu were gone when you could enjoy living in a high profile city like LA or NY?

I wouldn't be suprised to see Tony wind up in LA with Kobe after Tim and Pop retire.

And I definitely think Pop retires the day that Tim decides to hang them up.

ducks
10-16-2006, 04:53 PM
on his show in france he said he adore the new ball he shoot better the free throw with the new ball. he also said if at the end of his contract manu tim and pop are gone he'll quitt the spurs for a big market team like new york miami la chicago

I guess tp likes to play with manu :spin

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-16-2006, 05:01 PM
What if we have other good core players by the time they're gone?

cheguevara
10-16-2006, 05:02 PM
it's an interesting dilemma.

I say if TP leaves before Bowen, he is an asshole. But if TD, Manu, Bowen and Pop are all gone, I don't see anything wrong with him leaving

Kori Ellis
10-16-2006, 05:02 PM
What if we have other good core players by the time they're gone?

Then I'm sure he would stay here.

Right now he's probably envisioning himself and a bunch of scrubs. :dizzy I'm sure the Spurs will have another very good player next to Tony by then.

Bruno
10-16-2006, 05:10 PM
A transcription of what he has said :

" After this contract, I will have played 10 years with Spurs and I will be 28 years old : I will look at the diferent options. If Tim, Pop and Manu aren't here, it's not sure that I will stay but for the moment everything is fine, I love SA and I will stay in SA. It's true that in 5 years, we can't know what will happen and if everybody is retire, I will still want to win a title."

Solid D
10-16-2006, 05:13 PM
The day the Spurs lose Pop, TP, Manu and Tim is the day the Spurs will finally sign a decent long SF. :smokin

Bruno
10-16-2006, 05:24 PM
BTW, one of Parker's goal is to be a 80% free throw shooter this year.

ducks
10-16-2006, 05:32 PM
5 years from now
spurs will have money
will spurs make tp the franchise
if so I would think he would stay
then he can go after a fa

E20
10-16-2006, 05:49 PM
I can't believe Tony likes the new ball. Maybe his hands are smaller that's why.

ploto
10-16-2006, 06:08 PM
I can't believe Tony likes the new ball. Maybe his hands are smaller that's why.
I have heard some think it is more like the FIBA ball.

Obstructed_View
10-16-2006, 06:13 PM
I have heard some think it is more like the FIBA ball.
Since the NBA was the only league left in the world using a leather ball, the new NBA ball is now more like the ball used by everyone else.

ShoogarBear
10-16-2006, 07:57 PM

" After this contract, I will have played 10 years with Spurs and I will be 28 years old : I will look at the diferent options. If Tim, Pop and Manu aren't here, it's not sure that I will stay but for the moment everything is fine, I love SA and I will stay in SA. It's true that in 5 years, we can't know what will happen and if everybody is retire, I will still want to win a title."Obviously you didn't get the whole quote:

"And zen, I weel blow zis wun hars town, deevorce Evah (who weel be lak zeventee yeers old zhen), and move to Nu Yok or LA, zen maree zum hot chick like Chreesteena Milian or zum zuch. Zo take that and blow eet out your asses, Zpurz-Talk!"

boutons_
10-16-2006, 08:04 PM

yep, he didn't say it. :)

ShoogarBear
10-16-2006, 08:06 PM
Um, it appears he didn't actually say it.

E20
10-16-2006, 08:10 PM
Um, it appears he didn't actually say it.
I knew it, he would never like that new ball.

Slomo
10-17-2006, 04:07 AM
Obviously you didn't get the whole quote:

"And zen, I weel blow zis wun hars town, deevorce Evah (who weel be lak zeventee yeers old zhen), and move to Nu Yok or LA, zen maree zum hot chick like Chreesteena Milian or zum zuch. Zo take that and blow eet out your asses, Zpurz-Talk!"Tony speaks German!?

:p

PS: Hey where's my :p emoticon!? :bang

polandprzem
10-17-2006, 04:29 AM

" After this contract, I will have played 10 years with Spurs and I will be 28 years old : I will look at the diferent options. If Tim, Pop and Manu aren't here, it's not sure that I will stay but for the moment everything is fine, I love SA and I will stay in SA. It's true that in 5 years, we can't know what will happen and if everybody is retire, I will still want to win a title."

Bruno you still don't have an icon?

freedom&justice
10-17-2006, 04:49 AM

"And zen, I weel blow zis wun hars town, deevorce Evah (who weel be lak zeventee yeers old zhen), and move to Nu Yok or LA, zen maree zum hot chick like Chreesteena Milian or zum zuch. Zo take that and blow eet out your asses, Zpurz-Talk!"

:lol :lol :lol

Streakyshooter08
10-17-2006, 05:15 AM
Tony speaks German!?

:nope :lol

ShoogarBear
10-17-2006, 06:13 AM
Tony speaks German!?

PS: Hey where's my :p emoticon!? :bangYou got rid of the :p ? Dumbkopf!

And we need a beret-wearing smilie.

GrandeDavid
10-17-2006, 06:22 AM
Knowing the Spurs, they'll trade TP before he'd be able to "quit" them.

I ain't quittin you!!! (or whatever the hell that line was in the preview for "that movie") :lol

GrandeDavid
10-17-2006, 06:24 AM
The day the Spurs lose Pop, TP, Manu and Tim is the day the Spurs will finally sign a decent long SF. :smokin

The day the Spurs lose those guys is the day we fans are going to be grateful that we got some championships, possibly four or five, out of that stellar era.

ObiwanGinobili
10-17-2006, 07:28 AM

:lmao :lmao

ObiwanGinobili
10-17-2006, 07:32 AM
I don;t know why people would be expecting tony to just automaticly re-sign with us after his 10yr contract is up - unless it made sense for his career.
If TP is the only current main guy left and he wants to go someplace else, more power to him.
I don;t know what level of loyalty ya'll are expecting, this isn;t a marriage people.

Bruno
10-17-2006, 07:33 AM
Bruno you still don't have an icon?

Open you eyes, Poland. :)

BTW, thanks Kori.

ObiwanGinobili
10-17-2006, 07:34 AM
Do they even have eyes in poland? :spin

Bruno
10-17-2006, 07:37 AM

Parker likes the new ball because it sticks more to the hand than the old one.
He can now palm the ball with one hand while he can't do it with the leather ball.
Shooting is easier too because the grip on the ball was better.
He has said too that it's not a big deal, a ball is a ball and that he hasn't speak about the new ball with other players.

polandprzem
10-17-2006, 07:49 AM
Open you eyes, Poland. :)

I see it now man :tu

Obi - :toast

hey I wonder if Slomo can do a gold $ icon :santahat

cheguevara
10-17-2006, 10:06 AM
Parker likes the new ball because it sticks more to the hand than the old one.
He can now palm the ball with one hand while he can't do it with the leather ball.
Shooting is easier too because the grip on the ball was better.

So he likes it cause it's easier NOT to pass? :smokin