PDA

View Full Version : Kerry in 08? I don't Think So

Nbadan
10-16-2006, 04:17 PM
Sen. John Kerry says he deserves a second chance if he decides to take another crack at becoming president.

The Massachusetts Democrat, who lost to President Bush in 2004, said it is a basic principle that "Americans give people a second chance.

Kerry faces a major challenge trying to convince Democratic activists that a recently defeated candidate can still carry his party's hopes for recapturing the White House.

Yahoo News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061015/ap_on_el_pr/kerry2008)

Why? So he can conceed in the primaries?

If you can't reign in the DNC you don't deserve to be Prez.

Not gonna happen

:nope

Spurminator
10-16-2006, 04:22 PM
The Massachusetts Democrat, who lost to President Bush in 2004, said it is a basic principle that "Americans give people a second chance.

:lol

That's the best he could come up with?

JoeChalupa
10-16-2006, 04:50 PM
Hillary has '08 in the bag.

I'm putting my support behind Mr. Obama.

Nbadan
10-16-2006, 04:51 PM
Hillary has '08 in the bag.

I'm putting my support behind Mr. Obama.

Who's bag? Rush Limpballs? Nobody supports Johnny-come-lately Hillary.

JoeChalupa
10-17-2006, 07:13 AM

Don't take Hillary so lightly. She's much stronger than you think plus, in all honesty, I think she fights back better than most.

Mr. Peabody
10-17-2006, 07:38 AM

If Hillary runs, she gets the nomination. She's too well-connected and would have a huge fundraising advantage over the other candidates. The only thing that might stop her in the primary is the fact that some people aren't ready for a female president, especially in these turbulent times.

101A
10-17-2006, 08:41 AM
If Hillary runs, she gets the nomination. She's too well-connected and would have a huge fundraising advantage over the other candidates. The only thing that might stop her in the primary is the fact that some people aren't ready for a female president, especially in these turbulent times.

I think people are ready for a female president; I don't think that will be the issue. I think her stance on the war will cause her to have trouble with her base; ala Lieberman. She could very well win a general election; it's the primary she'll have trouble with.

Same problem McCain will have getting the Republican nod.

Also, Bill's trysts could be a MAJOR distraction for her campaign.

I can see the adds now, "If she's not strong enough to reign in her man, how can she reign in terrorists?"

Mr. Peabody
10-17-2006, 08:47 AM
Also, Bill's trysts could be a MAJOR distraction for her campaign.

I can see the adds now, "If she's not strong enough to reign in her man, how can she reign in terrorists?"

:lmao

Mr. Peabody
10-17-2006, 08:52 AM
I think people are ready for a female president; I don't think that will be the issue. I think her stance on the war will cause her to have trouble with her base; ala Lieberman. She could very well win a general election; it's the primary she'll have trouble with.

Same problem McCain will have getting the Republican nod.

The funny thing is that I see the same problem for Giuliani. I think he'll fare well in a general election, but he probably won't make it out of the GOP primary. It's somewhat ironic, because Hillary, McCain and Giuliani are the alleged front-runenrs in their respective parties.

101A
10-17-2006, 09:14 AM
The funny thing is that I see the same problem for Giuliani. I think he'll fare well in a general election, but he probably won't make it out of the GOP primary. It's somewhat ironic, because Hillary, McCain and Giuliani are the alleged front-runenrs in their respective parties.

The press likes them three years out = frontrunner.

They would all three be better, probably, than whatever two losers actually get the nominations.

Bush Versions 1 & 2, Dukakis, Clinton, Dole, Gore, Kerry are the absolute BEST this country could come up with for, what NEARLY A QUARTER CENTURY now??!!!

Hell, if you think about it, since LBJ - the only presidents or major-party candidates with ANY charisma whatsoever have been Reagan and Clinton!!! That's 44 freaking years!!!

boutons_
10-17-2006, 09:42 AM
And Reagan was pre-Alzheimer's, and very slowly developing disease.

101A
10-17-2006, 09:48 AM
And Reagan was pre-Alzheimer's, and very slowly developing disease.

Accurately described - and yet, vs. Mondale? - looked like the Energizer Bunny!