PDA

View Full Version : Old

The III
10-16-2006, 05:40 PM
Tracy McGrady says that San Antonio is getting older, and feels that Houston is right up there with San Antonio, Phoenix, and Dallas. Huh? :nope

ChumpDumper
10-16-2006, 05:41 PM
If you're saying the quote is old, you're right.

Streakyshooter08
10-16-2006, 05:44 PM
Well, it remains to be seen how the additions Houston made work out. They really have a lot of talent. I think injury might be a concern for them. They also don't have a good player at the 4 and no depth at PG. They will be a playoff team but I would not consider them a contender yet. If all stay healthy they are dangerous.

Obstructed_View
10-16-2006, 05:45 PM
McGrady also said it feels great to be in the second round...

Kori Ellis
10-16-2006, 05:46 PM
Tracy McGrady also said once that he was going to retire because he couldn't play against the zone.

himat
10-16-2006, 06:11 PM

He never seems to get out of the first round. The Rockets lost to Dallas a couple years back after winning two straight games at Dallas to go up 2-0 heading back home.

Before that Tayshaun made a name for himself by getting the Pistons back from a 1-3 deficit against the Magic. With Dallas and San Antonio in their division I think the Rockets will be a good team, but it won't be an easy season.

Dex
10-16-2006, 06:15 PM
Tracy McGrady said there is a place on the other side of the mirror, where people wear shoes on their heads and hats on their feet!

Obstructed_View
10-16-2006, 06:38 PM
Before that Tayshaun made a name for himself by getting the Pistons back from a 1-3 deficit against the Magic.
It was during that series that TMac made a name for himself with the quote I mentioned.

SenorSpur
10-16-2006, 06:43 PM
Tracy McGrady, once while playing for Orlando with his team up 3-1 during a 1st round playoff series against Detroit, commented on how nice it was to be heading to the 2nd round of the playoffs. His team was ultimately defeated by the Pistons.

To date, he's still not seen the 2nd round of a playoff series.

His words don't mean shit.

El_Mago
10-16-2006, 06:52 PM
I agree with McGrady in the overall team, and especially the bench.

Vaughn is no spring chicken, Barry is getting up in age, Finley does not have the same legs, Robert is old and Oberto are old, Elson is old but can still run the floor as well as Bowen.

However, with all that said, the Spurs are savy, know what it takes, but the reality is that their main road-block (Mavericks) know what it takes to get to the finals now as well, and they are younger and quicker.

The Spurs are going to need breaks and strong chemistry to get back to the top this year because the roster does not look as talented as in the past.

Yet, this is a transition stage. Hopefully, in the next two years...we'll have the fresh blood as in Ian, Sanikidze, Javtokas, Scola, and possibly next years first and second rounders to join....Tony, Manu, Tim, Jackie, Matt, and others....

SenorSpur
10-16-2006, 07:13 PM
I agree with McGrady in the overall team, and especially the bench.

Vaughn is no spring chicken, Barry is getting up in age, Finley does not have the same legs, Robert is old and Oberto are old, Elson is old but can still run the floor as well as Bowen.

However, with all that said, the Spurs are savy, know what it takes, but the reality is that their main road-block (Mavericks) know what it takes to get to the finals now as well, and they are younger and quicker.

The Spurs are going to need breaks and strong chemistry to get back to the top this year because the roster does not look as talented as in the past.

Yet, this is a transition stage. Hopefully, in the next two years...we'll have the fresh blood as in Ian, Sanikidze, Javtokas, Scola, and possibly next years first and second rounders to join....Tony, Manu, Tim, Jackie, Matt, and others....

That's precisely the worry I have for the Spurs when pitted against a younger, quicker, deeper team like the Mavs. The only way to counter that type of athleticism on the perimeter is to match it with athletcism - not age. It is a noticeable concern.

ShoogarBear
10-16-2006, 08:01 PM
Tracy McGrady once said that investing in Enron was like printing your own money.

carib
10-16-2006, 08:50 PM
Where is the youth on the Spurs bench to run with a team like Dallas?

It's this year or we will be out of it for at less 5 years, why where is the future on the Spurs.

Dallas and Houston are building for now and the long haul.

1Parker1
10-16-2006, 09:08 PM
Tracy McGrady once said that investing in Enron was like printing your own money.

He never said that...

Louis2
10-16-2006, 09:19 PM
Tracy McGrady says that San Antonio is getting older, and feels that Houston is right up there with San Antonio, Phoenix, and Dallas. Huh? :nope

And he is the voice of truth

THE SIXTH MAN
10-17-2006, 12:53 AM
And he is the voice of truth
The truth that he cant make it out the first round?

milkyway21
10-17-2006, 12:53 AM
he'd better help his team to the playoffs this year or:

i will call him J__X if he fails again...:lol

Anyway, TMac is a good person he visited the Phils 2x, he's a pro, and i heard he promised some kids some 2007 All-Star tickets last time he was here:tu
Good luck to Houston I think they're a better team this season than the Mavs, sans injuries of course.

GrandeDavid
10-17-2006, 06:27 AM

Nice quote from a softie with a creaky back. :lol

Do these idiots not know Tim, Manu and Tony's ages??? They are in their freaking primes!

And you gotta love when ringless prima donnas chime in PRESEASON. He needs to be worried about Yao's giant frame not holding up for an entire season, much less post season.

ObiwanGinobili
10-17-2006, 07:33 AM

So Tracy is lauding his team's ability to play at the same level as the old worn out Spurs? WTG Tracy, yous a big boy now.

WalterBenitez
10-17-2006, 08:00 AM
I read that when he was playing for Toronto either :blah

G-Nob
10-17-2006, 08:32 AM
Theres some truth to what he's saying. If that Rocket team can stay healthy, they will be right up there with the Mavs, Suns and Spurs.

ATX Spur
10-17-2006, 08:50 AM
Well the Rockets can ride that upcoming 48-34 season all the way to another first-round exit.

boutons_
10-17-2006, 09:44 AM
Tracy's kinda stupid.

cheguevara
10-17-2006, 10:04 AM
this coming from a guy who's got the back of a 60 year old?

Jimcs50
10-17-2006, 10:07 AM
Houston is loaded this year and if they remain healthy, they can beat out SA for 2nd place in the division behind Dallas.

cheguevara
10-17-2006, 10:09 AM
they remain healthy

:lmao good one

Joepa
10-17-2006, 11:46 AM
Wasn't Houston supposed to do that last year?

Standard story: loads of talent, but no leadership because McGrady is a clown.

jman3000
10-17-2006, 11:51 AM
i'm not a huge fan of tman... in fact i think he's one of the more arrogant players in the league... but since that year was the first year that the first round went 7 games, i thought he might have just slipped as if they had already won it. if it was the year before he actually would have gone to the second round.

jman3000
10-17-2006, 11:52 AM
and yet again... houston will have 2 all star starters and struggle to make the playoffs.

lebomb
10-17-2006, 11:54 AM
IF it was the year before he actually would have gone to the second round.

.........and IF a frog had wings, he wouldnt be hoppin his ass off all day.

:spin

jman3000
10-17-2006, 11:55 AM
.........and IF a frog had wings, he wouldnt be hoppin his ass off all day.

:spin
if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle :smokin

ShoogarBear
10-17-2006, 01:08 PM
i'm not a huge fan of tman...

Relative of yours?

jman3000
10-17-2006, 01:25 PM
oops... looks like my right hand did what my left hand was supposed to ... wouldnt be the first time :spin

easjer
10-17-2006, 01:26 PM
Rockets have loads of talent and lots of questions. Can the talent become a cohesive team? Can Yao pick up where he left off, given that he spent the summer recouping from the broken foot instead of the doing the conditioning they hoped for? Will TMac and Yao both stay healthy? Could even one of them always be healthy? Have they picked up enough talent to make it without these two?

They've got a lot on paper. They had a lot on paper last year too - I was one of those who thought Houston would easily be our biggest threat. Rasho was good against Yao - can Oberto, Elson or Butler match up against him?

I think we're more likely to have a white Christmas here in Houston than we are to see the city celebrate a championship. Spurs and Mavs are the real contenders, but the other teams in the division have a decent chance at the playoffs.

Jimcs50
10-17-2006, 02:51 PM
Wasn't Houston supposed to do that last year?

Standard story: loads of talent, but no leadership because McGrady is a clown.

They did not have Bonzi Wells, Battier, Alston and a healthy Sura, TMac or Yao last year.

This team is going to kick some booty....